New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Summer Beachparty Twenty Twenty One!

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Bonfires]

After talking to some people and clearing a space, Fayyaad disappears for a while, then returns dressed in a new outfit. He bows and begins to dance.

It starts out slow, with wide swings of his hips, his tail trailing behind him in a hypnotising pattern and his hands behind his neck. The slow movement is suddenly interrupted by his hand stretching outward in a brisk motion, shooting out jets of flame. He returns to his original rhythm, but noticeably faster, hands moving up and down in a pattern that mirrors that of his tail, but trail wisps of bright flame behind them. It seems the show is only just starting and picking up speed.
    [Bonfires]

Naturally, Fayyaad moving around like that was bound to attract some attention. There'll be a small crowd gathering, with Rose among them; she'd heard rumors of a "flaming hot guy" dancing further up the beach, and was delighted to learn they were both literally and metaphorically true. After all, Fayyaad is a-

Wait a minute. She knows this guy.

Well, not knows knows. She's seen him around. He was one of MERC's affiliates, yeah? That had to be it. Not that she wouldn't recognize a face (or any other part, for that matter) like that if she'd just seen him in a crowd, but he was definitely more familiar than that.

And, if her little black book was all up to date... she hadn't really taken any time to get to know him yet.

"Well. I know what I'm doing with my night." Rose chuckles to herself, settling in to watch the show.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

Darker Beach

Felicity tends to a very clever kind of stupid, or maybe it's a very stupid kind of clever.

"I'll... have to see what I can do about sourcing them. Some are probably easier than others, and some might be tricky or dangerous to handle. Triffid oil, vargouille spit, doxy venom, kyldren ichor, that kind of thing. And Professor Payne buys any weird biological sample someone brings to him, regardless of what is it." And he prepares them as well; Felicity doesn't know he uses alchemy as much as science.

Volleyball

Half-elf is right. 'Humanoid' may have been a better term.

"We've just met, so... I don't mind going with Vlad or Zefir. What's your thoughts, Zefir and Vlad? Who'd like to be hampered with me? My whole volleyball experience is the game I watched just now." Just in case Miranda or Vlad weren't listening when she told Zefir that, she might as well ensure everyone knows what's up.

Bar

"Something like that, I think. You're right, I maybe should go find them, let them know I've got my shadow back. Thanks, Anchor." Jack grins and gets up, her shadow following a few moments later.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2021-08-27 at 08:09 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #183

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Darker Beach

Felicity tends to a very clever kind of stupid, or maybe it's a very stupid kind of clever.

"I'll... have to see what I can do about sourcing them. Some are probably easier than others, and some might be tricky or dangerous to handle. Triffid oil, vargouille spit, doxy venom, kyldren ichor, that kind of thing. And Professor Payne buys any weird biological sample someone brings to him, regardless of what is it." And he prepares them as well; Felicity doesn't know he uses alchemy as much as science.
    [Darker Beach]

"...So you're saying that, on top of substances that I'd have to analyze on some level I haven't seen yet, there could concievably be any organic compound mixture in it?" Eun sighs. That was going to be a lot harder than she at first expected. But, at the same time, that was still more analyzable than space-folding. "...My offer still stands." She says finally.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [In The Water]

"A cold trail." Klaus summarizes. "We could set up a series of probes to scan the coastline. It would only take me about an hour to set up, and would free up some of your time to enjoy the wonderful party on the beach." He shrugs, which is much harder than it looks like it should be underwater. "Absolute worst case scenario is that we find out your tiara isn't anywhere around here, in which case you'll know by the end of the night instead of the end of the week."

[In the Water]

June nods: "Okay, then," she says. "Let's do it."

She takes a moment to think, then remembers something she had been meaning to ask him earlier.
    "Oh! So, I was thinking, after practicing getting around and such, I was wondering if you think you could make something with that box of yours," she says. "Like, you know those superhero grappling hooks? Like, wrist-mounted or maybe hip-mounted. I was thinking if I had one of those, it would make it a lot easier foro me to get around, because to fly I need to get some height and that seems like it'd be a lot easier than climbing all the time."

[By bonfire]

Venus moves over to the bonfires to watch.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #185

Volleyball

"I'm fine if we play together." Zefir says.
    "I have to admit, I haven't played it for a long time and I did play it for fun. Which means I'm not that good either."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #186

Volleyball

Half-elf is right. 'Humanoid' may have been a better term.

"We've just met, so... I don't mind going with Vlad or Zefir. What's your thoughts, Zefir and Vlad? Who'd like to be hampered with me? My whole volleyball experience is the game I watched just now." Just in case Miranda or Vlad weren't listening when she told Zefir that, she might as well ensure everyone knows what's up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Volleyball

"I'm fine if we play together." Zefir says.
    "I have to admit, I haven't played it for a long time and I did play it for fun. Which means I'm not that good either."
    [Volleyball]
    Miranda frowns. "Well, in that case, putting you both on the same team would be just unfair. You'd just get creamed and that wouldn't be fun for anyone."

"I dunno, it'd be a little fun." Vlad shrugs.

"So, here's what we're going to do." Miranda smiles. "Zefir, why don't you go with Vlad? And you, lady, you'll be with me. That should just about even out the experience going into both teams."

"Now, hold on... you're telling me I'm going up against both my old boss and this pretty young thing? Are you trying to make sure I'm too distracted to play?"

"Think of it as an exercise in self-discipline. We both know you could use it."

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [In the Water]

June nods: "Okay, then," she says. "Let's do it."

She takes a moment to think, then remembers something she had been meaning to ask him earlier.
    "Oh! So, I was thinking, after practicing getting around and such, I was wondering if you think you could make something with that box of yours," she says. "Like, you know those superhero grappling hooks? Like, wrist-mounted or maybe hip-mounted. I was thinking if I had one of those, it would make it a lot easier foro me to get around, because to fly I need to get some height and that seems like it'd be a lot easier than climbing all the time."
    [In The Water]

"Only marginally." Klaus replies, starting back toward the beach. "Have you considered what that would actually be like? You're looking at being dragged around by your wrist for minutes at a time. And if you want to reduce that time, you're looking at potentially pulling your arm out of its socket." He shrugs. "You could go with the hip-mounted model if you prefer, but then you run into issues with deployment. You'd need a much more complex setup than you're suggesting; which, in turn, would necessitate a redesign of your dress. There's a reason you only ever see superheroes using those things."

He points to the wings on June's back. "It'd be far more beneficial to create some sort of contraption to help you take off from ground level. Regardless, I can 'make' one, yes, but it wouldn't be a recipe I just have lying around. There'd be a lot of R&D going into that device. Admittedly, not quite my forte... usually, that kind of job would be outsourced to Lustig or Bu."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Burger Theft]

It should be noted that Tristan is quite strong even in human shape, but when someone suddenly shifts from fox-sized to human sized in the span of an eyeblink that's a very large change in weight.

Which means Tristan shouts something incoherent and topples forward right on top of Jade.

Which means in turn that the antics probably aren't up just yet.

Now trying to disentangle himself from Jade's mess of tails, Tristan insists, "I'm not angry Jade just a little exasperated. I had to cut some important research short to come over here and make sure you're okay and you're stealing people's sandwiches."

Why.

Seriously, why?

Why would she be stealing burgers? Is this some kind of joke he's missing out on?

"Yeah I know her, she's my girlfriend," Tristan admits.

[Fire]

Oh.

Okay.

Khannie can live with being friends.

This weird kid wanting to be her BOYFRIEND would be weird. Khannie doesn't even want a boyfriend. But that might just be because puberty hasn't dropkicked her yet.

"Alright I'm good with friends. Are you sure you don't want a sundae, Arthfael they're really good," Khannie says, waving the ice cream enticingly.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2021-08-29 at 01:45 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Burger Theft
    Jade is laughing and rubbing her head against Tristan as he struggles to get off of her. "You're sho chuute." She laughs again at the stealing sandwiches quip. "Buh I wash huungry! I'm glad you cood come shee me, Trishtan." He should probably find out why she's acting strange, how much she's had to drink, and why she's so pink. Those are all important things.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

[Burger Theft]

Olvisin almost says "I'm sorry to hear that" or something along those lines when Tristan says he's Jade's boyfriend. But she realizes how rude it would sound and doesn't.

"So long as she doesn't steal more burgers, I guess. Or other food. It's a good thing it wasn't goblin food, that might have been bad for her."

[Bonfires]

Fayyaad, of course, delights in the attention. That is why he decided to dance here today. He ups the tempo of his dance, his hands weaving a dazzling pattern, between the flames trailing behind them and the bright color of his sleeves. He switches to more circular motions, turning his entire body round and round with his arms first crossed on his chest, then outstretched, shooting thin tongues of flame into the night air, shadows dancing and mixing with those created by the bonfire.

In the final stage of the performance, the tiefling returns to walking back and forth across the sand, twisting his upper body and creating circles with his arms. This time, instead of gouts of flame, each of them is surrounded by a white-hot aura, that leaves after-images behind it. He finishes the dance by bursting into motion again, jumping into the air and spinning, before landing on the sand, kneeling on one knee, arms outstretched. He nods to the audience with a grin.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Fire]

Oh.

Okay.

Khannie can live with being friends.

This weird kid wanting to be her BOYFRIEND would be weird. Khannie doesn't even want a boyfriend. But that might just be because puberty hasn't dropkicked her yet.

"Alright I'm good with friends. Are you sure you don't want a sundae, Arthfael they're really good," Khannie says, waving the ice cream enticingly.
    [Fire]

"I... er..." Arthfael sort of stumbles over his words for a moment.

"Nobody's going to make you if you don't want to. But..." Owena takes a spoonful for herself and gives a satisfied little smile. "...she's right. They really are good."

"But uncle-"

"Won't mind. It's a party. You can indulge a little."

Arthfael gives her a sidelong stare and slowly accepts the sundae. "...You know if I get in trouble for this, I'm totally tattling on you."

"Ooh. Not cool, little brother. Not cool at all." Owena smirks and stands. "Anyway, I should get going. You three have fun, okay?"

As she turns to leave, Arthfael sighs and slowly shakes his head. He wasn't sure whether he was mad at her or glad she came. Who was the evil genius who invented big sisters?

[Bonfires]

Fayyaad, of course, delights in the attention. That is why he decided to dance here today. He ups the tempo of his dance, his hands weaving a dazzling pattern, between the flames trailing behind them and the bright color of his sleeves. He switches to more circular motions, turning his entire body round and round with his arms first crossed on his chest, then outstretched, shooting thin tongues of flame into the night air, shadows dancing and mixing with those created by the bonfire.

In the final stage of the performance, the tiefling returns to walking back and forth across the sand, twisting his upper body and creating circles with his arms. This time, instead of gouts of flame, each of them is surrounded by a white-hot aura, that leaves after-images behind it. He finishes the dance by bursting into motion again, jumping into the air and spinning, before landing on the sand, kneeling on one knee, arms outstretched. He nods to the audience with a grin.
    [Bonfires]

There is, of course, much applause and whistling and a few calls for an encore. Over the course of the performance, Rose had subtly made her way to the front, and was now joining in the applause rather vigorously, maintaining eye contact with Fayyaad the whole time (or at least, what would be eye contact if he saw her in the audience). If and when he does see her looking at him, she'll give him a flirtatious wink; a small gesture, but it might as well be a neon sign telling him "Hey! You've got an admirer!".

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfires]

Fayyaad bows to the crowd, but no encore will be coming just yet. This dance is fairly taxing on him, both in simple physical terms and by expending firepower. He takes a few breaths and... hmm. Did that woman wink at him? Certainly not surprising, after this performance. He approaches her, wiping his brow somewhat theatrically.

"I hope the performance was to your liking," he says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Burger Theft]

That would in fact be a pretty rude thing to say.

Tristan manages to extract herself from the tail-tangle, stooping down to offer Jade a hand up. "Yes, you're cute too. Also drunk. We'll get you a burger and a replacement for our friend's here. Also."

Stern face!

Stern voice!

"You need to apologize for stealing... ummm..." Tristain pauses, raising an eyebrow at the goblin woman.

What's her name again?

He's got no idea.

Hopefully she supplies it.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Burger Theft
    "I'm shorry, mish..." She doesn't know the name either. "I wash hungry." Getting extra burgers is easy. The barmaid has actually prepared a third burger for Olvisin already. She saw what happened. But she'd better be careful not to get it stolen again.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #194

[In the water]

June shrugs, and then leans back, just letting herself float for now. "Figured I lose nothing in asking," she says. "If you can't do it, then I can just make my own. Just need a rope and some kind of hook. Honestly, going to be hard to find a good enough hook, but finding the right kind of knot to use should be as easy as finding a sailor and asking her."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #195

[Bonfires]

Fayyaad bows to the crowd, but no encore will be coming just yet. This dance is fairly taxing on him, both in simple physical terms and by expending firepower. He takes a few breaths and... hmm. Did that woman wink at him? Certainly not surprising, after this performance. He approaches her, wiping his brow somewhat theatrically.

"I hope the performance was to your liking," he says.
    [Bonfires]

Rose smirks. "Oh, yes." She giggles. "You showed a lot of... expertise, with your form and technique."

She stops for a moment before bursting out into giggle fits.

"I'm sorry! My brain's going to some dirty places right now." She jokes. "Might have something to do with all these people walking around in what would be their underwear if it wasn't waterproof." She extends her hand. "Rose Verdoyant. You're with MERC, too, aren't you?"

[In the water]

June shrugs, and then leans back, just letting herself float for now. "Figured I lose nothing in asking," she says. "If you can't do it, then I can just make my own. Just need a rope and some kind of hook. Honestly, going to be hard to find a good enough hook, but finding the right kind of knot to use should be as easy as finding a sailor and asking her."
    [In The Water]

"Hm. Simple. Effective. But probably still slower than you would like." Klaus shrugs. "Besides, I didn't say that I can't do it, or even that I won't. Just understand that it will take time to do properly; you won't find it under your pillow tomorrow." There's a wrinkle around his eyes that suggests he's smiling at her. "You're my friend, June. Of course I'm going to do you a favor every now and then."

It wouldn't be the first time, or the last, that Klaus told her a lie that brazen. But he was going to see about that grappling harness. Anything that made her a more effective agent would only serve to benefit him. Extra brownie points would just be a serendipitous bonus.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

[Burger Theft]

"Olvisin." The goblin shakes her head. "Alright, let's go get some more burgers. And watch her so she doesn't steal another one."

[Bonfires]

Fayyaad reaches out and shakes her hand.

"I am, yes. Fayyaad ibn Haashid al-Zafar. We haven't met, but clearly you've heard of me. And no need to apologize for... this kind of thought. This dance does invite them somewhat."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Darker Beach

"I'm afraid so." There's a reason why Professor Payne hired Felicity the biochemistry student as a lab tech. "I appreciate that, thank you. I've got some experience in this area, not just analysing some of the substances but also, like, a biochemistry background." Felicity would hug Eun now, but... no touching yet.

Volleyball

Mishnehel smirks at Vlad. "A sure fire way to impress a girl, beat her horribly in a game she's still learning." Since he said it'd be a 'little fun', and she's feeling cheeky.

"I'm Mishnehel, pleased to meet you. Just... Hit the ball back at them when it's our side of the net, and if it touches the ground on our side we lose, right?" Nothing like tennis, where the ball has to bounce before it's hit over the net. Earl thinks.

18. - Top - End - #198

[Bonfires]

Fayyaad reaches out and shakes her hand.

"I am, yes. Fayyaad ibn Haashid al-Zafar. We haven't met, but clearly you've heard of me. And no need to apologize for... this kind of thought. This dance does invite them somewhat."
    [Bonfires]

"Rose Verdoyant. I've seen you around the office, yeah." Rose smiles. "And good. Then I hope you don't mind if I act on certain, much tamer thoughts. Namely, 'can I buy this prime specimen of a man a drink?'" She rolls her shoulder in such a way as to indicate the bar.

Ugh. She's coming on way too strong to not be up to something. You can't really be giving this girl more than the time of day, right, Fay? The ring gives him an envious burst of heat.

Darker Beach

"I'm afraid so." There's a reason why Professor Payne hired Felicity the biochemistry student as a lab tech. "I appreciate that, thank you. I've got some experience in this area, not just analysing some of the substances but also, like, a biochemistry background." Felicity would hug Eun now, but... no touching yet.
    [Darker Beach]

Eun sighs. "Well." She says, retrieving what was left of her drink. "Here's to a little good, old-fashioned puzzle-solving, then." She holds it up like a toast, only to realize Felicity did not have a drink of her own, and quickly pulls it back, sipping on it awkwardly. "Why do I do things?" She laments, not quite internally.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

19. - Top - End - #199

Volleyball

Isn't it called volley when you take the ball out of the air in tennis?

"Fine by me." he says about the team building. They are right that they would properbly loose horrible. Currently he doesn't seem to be a friend of Vlad. He doesn't like the arogant type and he assumes he might be annoying during the game. Either he will try to claim everything or blame him if something goes wrong. Let's hope he will at least be good.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfires]

"Prime specimen? I can add that to the list of things I've been called," Fayyaad replies cheerfully. Any signals the ring is sending him go unheeded. "But by all means, let us go. It'll be my my pleasure."

21. - Top - End - #201

Volleyball

Mishnehel smirks at Vlad. "A sure fire way to impress a girl, beat her horribly in a game she's still learning." Since he said it'd be a 'little fun', and she's feeling cheeky.

"I'm Mishnehel, pleased to meet you. Just... Hit the ball back at them when it's our side of the net, and if it touches the ground on our side we lose, right?" Nothing like tennis, where the ball has to bounce before it's hit over the net. Earl thinks.
    Volleyball

Isn't it called volley when you take the ball out of the air in tennis?

"Fine by me." he says about the team building. They are right that they would properbly loose horrible. Currently he doesn't seem to be a friend of Vlad. He doesn't like the arogant type and he assumes he might be annoying during the game. Either he will try to claim everything or blame him if something goes wrong. Let's hope he will at least be good.
    [Volleyball]

Miranda smiles and welcomes Mishnehel to her team. "That's right, yeah." She gives the "elf" a little fist-bump. "Don't worry. You're gonna do fine."

Vlad claps Zefir on the shoulder and grins. "All right, buddy. You just got yourself the best team you can get. You ready to win this thing?"

"Oh-ho, you wanna bet?" Miranda goads playfully.

Vlad chuckles and serves the ball, popping it over the net towards Mishnehel.

[Bonfires]

"Prime specimen? I can add that to the list of things I've been called," Fayyaad replies cheerfully. Any signals the ring is sending him go unheeded. "But by all means, let us go. It'll be my my pleasure."
    [Bonfires -> Bar]

Rose smirks and leads him to the bar, staying about a meter ahead the whole way. Her gait is deliberately unsteady, putting a certain emphasis on the way her hips pivot back and forth as she walks; she's definitely trying to keep Fayyaad's attention on her.

...Hey... that little vixen's using my move! Get your own material, lady!

"Can I get a pina colada for myself, and one of whatever this gentleman right here wants?" Rose orders, plopping a pair of jeweled coins onto the counter.

Oooh. She's got money. So impressive. Fayyaad's ring smoulders a little, doing the enchanted item equivalent of grumbling in a corner.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfires -> Bar]

To Fayyaaad's credit, he notices how unsubtly Rose is trying to get his attention. He's seen it before, after all, many times. But it's not like he minds.

"Some wine, if you have any," he says. "A sweet one, I think. All that dancing has left me parched."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

Darker Beach

Earl had thought Felicity had a glass of lemonade, but if not she'll mime a glass to chink against Eun's, and say 'chink!' as she does so. She smiles and giggles as well, because Felicity doesn't mind being silly. "I'm... I'm glad you do things, Eun. You're... I think it's sweet." Eun comes across as awkward, though Felicity knows she's smart and apparently into her, since she's asked Felicity out on a date- and they're kinda doing one now.

Of course, Eun doesn't know Felicity thinks it's a date, and Felicity doesn't know Eun doesn't know she thinks it's a date.

Volleyball

Mishnehel fistbumps back and gets into position for the game.

Mishnehel jumps up to bat the ball back over, trying to aim towards Zefir. She's probably broadcasting it, but she's hoping he's a little new to this and doesn't see it coming in time.

24. - Top - End - #204

[Bonfires -> Bar]

To Fayyaaad's credit, he notices how unsubtly Rose is trying to get his attention. He's seen it before, after all, many times. But it's not like he minds.

"Some wine, if you have any," he says. "A sweet one, I think. All that dancing has left me parched."
    [Bar]

"Fitting." Rose comments with a smile. "I had you pegged as a 'sweet' kind of guy."

Shoot me now.

"So, before we go crazy with the drinks and anything that may or may not follow after..." Rose gives another playful wink. "I have to ask. Are you seeing anyone right now? You know, like, seriously?"

What's that all about? It wouldn't matter if he was, right?

Darker Beach

Earl had thought Felicity had a glass of lemonade, but if not she'll mime a glass to chink against Eun's, and say 'chink!' as she does so. She smiles and giggles as well, because Felicity doesn't mind being silly. "I'm... I'm glad you do things, Eun. You're... I think it's sweet." Eun comes across as awkward, though Felicity knows she's smart and apparently into her, since she's asked Felicity out on a date- and they're kinda doing one now.

Of course, Eun doesn't know Felicity thinks it's a date, and Felicity doesn't know Eun doesn't know she thinks it's a date.
    [Darker Beach]

Even with as dimly lit as this part of the beach is, Eun visibly reddens when Felicity compliments her. It was an odd choice of quality to point out, her being "sweet", but that only made it more flattering. Eun hadn't really thought of what she was doing as abnormally nice; Felicity presented her with a thing to study, and she was following through, as much out of curiosity as a desire to help. Her motives were still kind of selfish, weren't they?

...Not to Felicity, apparently.

It still felt a little weird, getting a compliment like that from someone she barely knew. But then again, she walked into this encounter (well, Klaus had dragged her in, but whatever) expecting Felicity to be all mad at her, and here she was, being all goofy and nice. Her expectations seemed to be way off regardless.

Eun needed to look into psychology sometime. It was going to be a challenging field.

"...Thank you." She says finally, with a nervous little smile, way later than might be considered comfortable.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

25. - Top - End - #205

Volleyball

Mishnehel jumps up to bat the ball back over, trying to aim towards Zefir. She's probably broadcasting it, but she's hoping he's a little new to this and doesn't see it coming in time.
    Volleyball

Zefir has good reflexes and notice in time that the ball is aimed at him. Only his recive is bad as the ball flies a little uncontrolled into Vlads direction.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

[Bar]

Fayyaad's eyebrows rise a little at the "'sweet' kind of guy" comment. Laying it on pretty thick, isn't she?

"I'm not involved with anyone in a way that would get in the way of enjoying myself with someone else, if what's what you mean," he says. "I'm a free spirit in this regard."

27. - Top - End - #207

Volleyball

Volleyball

Zefir has good reflexes and notice in time that the ball is aimed at him. Only his recive is bad as the ball flies a little uncontrolled into Vlads direction.
    [Volleyball]

The ball smacks Vlad square in the face, causing him to stumble back onto the sand, holding his nose. "Sorry. That one's my bad." He says, tossing the ball over to Miranda.

She catches it and offers Mishnehel a high-five. "Nice shot!" She grins. "Would you like to do the honors this time?"

[Bar]

Fayyaad's eyebrows rise a little at the "'sweet' kind of guy" comment. Laying it on pretty thick, isn't she?

"I'm not involved with anyone in a way that would get in the way of enjoying myself with someone else, if what's what you mean," he says. "I'm a free spirit in this regard."
    [Bar]

"Really?" Rose grins excitedly. "Me, too. It's, like, the way to go about it if you aren't trying for babies, yeah?"

Aw. Humans are so cute when they're trying to be slutty.

Rose takes a sip of her drink and lets out a contented sigh. "So... where'd you learn to dance like that?" She asks, moving away from overt flirting for now.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-09-03 at 07:57 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

[In the Water]

June isn't sure why Klaus thinks a rope would be 'slower than she likes'. If she can climb high enough in seconds then there's no value in going faster. "I don't know what you're thinking it would be like, but it sounds like it really would be better if I just make it myself to avoid having something weird that I couldn't get to work how I need it to."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

[Bar]

"In my homeland." Fayyaad takes his glass of wine. "It's a form of dance that's popular there. Or rather a bit of a mix of two forms of dance. I learned to dance to perfect my pyromancy... that is, the flames you saw me fire off. I started with a religious form of dance, then moved on to the performative style I just showed."

30. - Top - End - #210

[In the Water]

June isn't sure why Klaus thinks a rope would be 'slower than she likes'. If she can climb high enough in seconds then there's no value in going faster. "I don't know what you're thinking it would be like, but it sounds like it really would be better if I just make it myself to avoid having something weird that I couldn't get to work how I need it to."
    [In the Water]

"If you insist on that, I won't stop you." Klaus shrugs, now close enough to start walking up the beach. "But know the offer stands if it turns out a rope and a piece of bent metal doesn't doesn't meet your needs."

[Bar]

"In my homeland." Fayyaad takes his glass of wine. "It's a form of dance that's popular there. Or rather a bit of a mix of two forms of dance. I learned to dance to perfect my pyromancy... that is, the flames you saw me fire off. I started with a religious form of dance, then moved on to the performative style I just showed."
    [Bar]

"Must be some religion." Rose quips. "It was a little difficult to tell where one began and the other ended." She smiles. "Of course, that probably comes down to the skill of the performer in mixing the two so seamlessly."

Fayyaad's ring flushes indignantly, but doesn't have anything witty to add. Not that it matters, since both of these people were completely oblivious to her wit anyway.

Meanwhile, Rose was already sort of floundering for subjects. She mentally goes over the more common ones: family, occupation, recreation, motivation. The old standbys. She internally shuffles them around and picks one.

"So... if you don't mind my asking, why MERC?" She asks.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]