New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars [IC]

1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars [IC]

Fino eyes Ghix with an expression that few vertebrates could read.
    "I think we may be able to track down who they stole this from," was all she said. She nodded to one of the blasters that weren't impaled. <And flower-droid, you may wish to use one of their blasters. A glass is not a weapon.>
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

When he drops the gun, she will turn off her lightsaber and put it back on her belt.
    "Now, as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted by these....gentlemen....here." She said, using the 'gentlemen' loosely here, turning to Ghix "I am not a Jedi. As in, there are more organizations that are out there that wield the Force than just those monks from Coruscant. Just not as well known or big. I'm a member of the Luka Sene. My entire race is force-sensitive so we had to make something to organize it all and its mostly an academic thing, educating people on my world and such. So don't call me one of those proverb spouting mystics, I don't even work with them. Yes I realize that constantly correcting people will probably never stop. The distinction matters to me personally even if it doesn't mean much to most."
    She will then turn to the Clawdite
    "As for you....What were you hoping to accomplish with this sloppy work here, exactly? I mean there is defying the shapeshifter stereotype and then there is just causing a mess."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    When he drops the gun, she will turn off her lightsaber and put it back on her belt.
    "Now, as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted by these....gentlemen....here." She said, using the 'gentlemen' loosely here, turning to Ghix "I am not a Jedi. As in, there are more organizations that are out there that wield the Force than just those monks from Coruscant. Just not as well known or big. I'm a member of the Luka Sene. My entire race is force-sensitive so we had to make something to organize it all and its mostly an academic thing, educating people on my world and such. So don't call me one of those proverb spouting mystics, I don't even work with them. Yes I realize that constantly correcting people will probably never stop. The distinction matters to me personally even if it doesn't mean much to most."
    She will then turn to the Clawdite
    "As for you....What were you hoping to accomplish with this sloppy work here, exactly? I mean there is defying the shapeshifter stereotype and then there is just causing a mess."

'Excuse me. I meant no harm. I understand all too well how it feels to be judged without even a second thought. And you are right about the Jedi being little more than proverb spouting mystics. They parade around as champions of Justice, but they are nothing more than the lapdogs of the Senate - a glorified police force... If anything, I'm glad to discover you are not one of them.' a pause, then: And thank you for rising so quickly to protect me. I mean, obviously, you were only defending yourself but, still... Could've gone quite differently without you being there. Now. Let's hope our friend here can provide us with some answers.

He turns his attention back to the unconscious thug, still waiting for his drinks.
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-08-20 at 06:33 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

By the time Lily returns her arms to her side, she realizes the fight is over. She steps forward to help the man who had his hand caught off and try to stop the bleeding with a tourniquet using whatever supplies she can find on him (his clothes if needed). Zerra was quick on her feet and swift to defend the bar. Ghix was kind enough to set his weapon to stun. Fino is still very scary.

She hisses back, politely, at Fino, "My name is Lily, or lll3 for those that prefer a more robust name." She looks down at the nodded at weapon. She looks back to Fino, "I am not programmed to use a blaster," she swiftly interjects, "but I might be of assistance in examining the blaster. I may need several minutes to perform an examination, however." She pats the tool kit on her hip. "I should have the necessary tools." She looks around the bar to see what the other patrons are doing.

She agrees with Ghix and says to Zerra, "Yes, thank you." She says to the others, "And, both of you as well. Thanks to the three of you for stopping those ruffians."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Lily might be able to spice the blaster to find the original owner? If there is time, she will pick up the blaster and splice it.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2021-08-20 at 08:48 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    His hand was cut off with a long metal mantis claw.

<There is no word for this in Yam'rii,> Fino hissed.<It is a type of flower, yes?>
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Did a quick edited to my last post to fix my mistake! Thanks for letting me know!

She hisses, "A flower with many meanings. I have many names." She tries her best to translate them to Yam'rii, "lll3. lluna. Ion. I recognize them all." Though this conversation could quickly take a turn, there is something quaint about discussing her name. She doesn't always get the chance, and she is used to be being called all types of names that weren't her own.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Colossus in the Playground

The thug appears to be thinking about being defiant. This thought does not last long. "We're desperate," he tells Zerra. "We thought that Ghix would be an easy target, and get us enough credits to escape."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NiKkatsu View Post
    'Excuse me. I meant no harm. I understand all too well how it feels to be judged without even a second thought. And you are right about the Jedi being little more than proverb spouting mystics. They parade around as champions of Justice, but they are nothing more than the lapdogs of the Senate - a glorified police force... If anything, I'm glad to discover you are not one of them.' a pause, then: And thank you for rising so quickly to protect me. I mean, obviously, you were only defending yourself but, still... Could've gone quite differently without you being there. Now. Let's hope our friend here can provide us with some answers.

He turns his attention back to the unconscious thug, still waiting for his drinks.
    "The best way to protect everyone in the bar was be to end the fight quickly. Negotiation would've been useless, as they were already pulling out their guns and intending to act from a position of strength. Trying to deal with them with words would in all likelihood only prolong the inevitable."
    She jumps a little and turns to Lily as she speaks
    "Oh. right. Lily. Sorry. Have to keep reminding myself your there, my senses aren't well attuned to droids. Nice to meet you. By all means examine away Lily, your probably better than me at that, all I can see is what the Force lets me."
    She turns to the thug
    "An opportunistic strike to get credits to what, leave the planet? Somehow I doubt that. Four people in black clothing just seeing another guy walk into a bar and deciding to rob him all with stun blasters? I dunno this seems a little too planned."
    She looks at Ghix, does his clothes look particularly fancy or anything that would make people think he is loaded to her greyscale force vision?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-08-20 at 10:44 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Lily will keep tourniqueting the thug's arm until she is done. She half-jokingly half-sadly says to Zerra, "While I am used to such treatment I have never heard such a strange reason. Nor, have I ever met one such as yourself." After she is done applying first aid to the thug's arm, she will move to pick up a blaster. It looks like she may have time now to look at the blaster. T3 will focus her tools on slicing into the blaster's ware. She opens the blaster and looks around inside, poking it with picks and tools. "A pleasure to meet you as well. I appreciate your confidence in me. I would be most interested in adjustments I could make to better facilitate communication with your senses. My database lacks such information."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

<Ion, then,> Fino hissed simply, for of course they had a word for that. She scanned this... not!jedi up and down with her cybernetic eye, looking for any records of someone not affiliated with the Council running around with a laser sword and force connection.

Show
    Higher the better! (1d100)[99]
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    <Ion, then,> Fino hissed simply, for of course they had a word for that. She scanned this... not!jedi up and down with her cybernetic eye, looking for any records of someone not affiliated with the Council running around with a laser sword and force connection.

Show
    Higher the better! [roll0]
    Show
    I'll let Raziere answer that 99.

"He's a nobleman-pissed off a few people, with more credits than good sense. And we've pissed some people off too-here," he says. "If we stay in this system, we're dead."

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #42

Flumph

Ghix was paying attention while the others were interrogating the still conscious Clawdite. When his own Clawdite awoke, covered in ale and with Ghix's blaster pointed at him, the noble knew exactly what to say: 'Good morning, sweety. Your friend over there just spilled the beans - so no use in trying to lie. You're in trouble. And now you need credits to get away from here. I don't buy it. That's a ridiculous story. So maybe you can be more forthcoming: tell me who sent you..'
    He presses the blaster harder against the Clawdite's stomach and switches it from stun to kill, slowly, obviously.
    '...Now!'

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post

Show
    Higher the better! [roll0]
    Show

You come up with a relatively recent but minor Holonet news article from a couple months ago about a Force User named Zerra Nil who killed a slave-dealing and extortion racket on the planet of Teldaline, a place full of mega-cities, not quite coruscant level but getting up there. The article says a Jedi was called in to investigate and interrogate her but no punishment was dealt and she was considered a local hero by the city. Zerra Nil was quoted thus "I simply saw what was happening and needed to help. I thought it was obvious." clearly demonstrating that she had no experience with wider galactic society.

Any other traces don't mention Zerra directly and consist of mysterious deaths of uncaught criminals by wounds consistent with lightsabers whose crimes seemed to inflict a clear amount of suffering and/or indiscriminate death, like these are people who if they were doing crimes on the rim or other lawless areas, would probably be shot on sight by a sheriff or a bounty hunter anyways. It seems she got better about hiding herself afterwards.

She says to Lily
    "I'm....not sure I'm still getting used to droids at all. My planet didn't have them. I'll have to get back to you on that"
    She turns to the goon.
    "Hm. I see. Quite a conundrum for you, now that you failed." she comments to the goon "because an assault on an unsuspecting bar is ticking off the local law enforcement as well, another person angered. But we have a bunch of witnesses here who can corroborate that we were merciful and that you were using stun blasts which y'know, nonlethal force could land you a lighter sentence. You'll probably have to go into debt to somebody for a new hand after that, but you'll live-well assuming you can tell us who you ticked off, we might be able to help with that, keep you from dying. If only we knew who they were. If only."
    She says, seeing an opportunity to take down some really bad people here.

14. - Top - End - #44

"It's the Xeres Conglomerate," the Clawdite says quietly. "We were part of an industrial espionage team, but were found out. We ran before they could catch us."

The newly-awake Clawdite in Ghix's hold looks to his companion, spilling the beans. He nods, slowly, corroborating the answer without making any sudden movements.

While you don't know the average response time for the police or other forces on Xeres Prime, you'd suspect that SOMEONE with authority will be showing up soon.

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Fino had broken no laws... probably. She had helped pacify a violent incident through better violence. "Should we remain?" She asked. She would not stay if the protocol droid would not remain as a witness to their "innocence."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

Flumph

Ghix replies to Fino: 'I just need to know one last thing before we go.

He turns his attention back to the goon:

'Tell me now: your friend said that I would know soon enough who I pissed off. Which means there is still a hole in your story. You were targeting me specifically... Why? If the blaster pointed at your stomach doesn't loosen your lips, maybe my friend over there (he points to Fino with his chin) could cut off one of your appendages instead, hmm? Speak up.'

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    One of the remaining goons snarls out "You'll find out soon!" as he tries to land some shots on Ghix.
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-08-21 at 05:33 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

"Rogal," your captive says.

Ghix searches his memory, and finds... Something about a dinner party? No, that was Roger. Maybe a family vacation? The name rings a bell, but it's nothing that immediately comes to mind with anything besides simply knowing you've met someone with that name.

The hostage sees the confusion on Ghix's face, and hurriedly adds "You humiliated him in a fencing match-the referees barred his more usual tactics, and you showed him up. He wants you, for vengeance."

Show
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #48

Flumph

Ghix bursts into laughter. 'Rogal! Right... I sort of remember. I've bested more than a few pompous noblemen in my day, and they tend to hold a grudge. But that is beside the point. And Miss Zerra actually makes an even better point: law officials will be arriving soon. So we should move if we wanna stick together (He says this to Lily, Zerra and Fino). And no worries: you're hired (now addressing the thug again). Yes - even you, one arm. Too bad for your unconscious friends though - they'll be caught. But hopefully given a fair trial. Now, whatever you were being paid to capture me, I'll double the fee. Not a problem.' He turns to Lily: 'Droid - or, rather, Lily, was it? - how is the splicing coming along? Could you find any useful information about the blaster?'

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Can Ghix think of any possible link between Rogal and the Xeres Conglomerate? (1d100)[72]
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-08-22 at 10:21 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Show
    Links between Rogal and the Xeres? None to your knowledge. Rogal may have purchased something from them, as their drugs are widespread, but serious links are not something you're at all aware of.

The two captured but conscious ones look at their unconscious comrades. "Please, take them with. We've already lost too many," the one Ghix has asks.

Zerra, Ghix, and Lily can all tell they're being sincere. The concern is genuine, and selfless. They care for one another. Fino, though, lacks the proper social skills to really assess their honesty-she can tell that they're no longer planning to attack, at least.

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Fino, figuring that if this discussion continued law enforcement would arrive, looked up what that Law Enforcement was here to decide if she wanted to just split off on her own.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

Flumph

Ghix nods, touched by the Clawdite's feelings for his comrades: 'Agreed. But you'll split the pay for two between the four of you. Otherwise, you're free to fend off the law enforcement by yourself. So, shall we go?' He asks to Zerra, Fino and Lily.
    He holsters his blaster, downs his drink and stands, waiting for the others to answer.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes we SHOULD go actually. The Force has told me there is danger for us if we wait for the authorities. I will carry one of them at least. We must move at once."
    She will begin by picking up one the unconscious goons and moving out of the bar, though she notably will take the blaster he had from his person as well. No sense if allowing them to be armed when they come to.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

With what might have been a Yam'rii shrug, Fino knelt a bit with her legs. "Load the other on my back," she instructed Ghix and Lily. And with the unconscious body on her back, she scuttled after the not Jedi on legs that impaled into the ground with each step.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Lily looks up from the blaster as she hears her name. She says to Ghix, "Mhm, Lily. The blaster is a real mess. The modifications are extensive. I will need time to process the data."

At the call to leave, Lily will begin picking up the yet unclaimed blasters, even the broken one. She says to Fino, "Pardon me, if you do not mind." She will go along with the idea to load up the unconscious attackers onto the insectoids back. The thinks the less parts they leave behind the better for them. She tells the group, "I will stay with all of you for now." She'll toss the severed hand onto Fino's back as well and will leave with the group.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

The severed hand fell right off as Fino followed, as her back was not made of glue. But she went with the others.
    "I have a ship," she said. "It can fit me and perhaps one other. Do any of you have transport?"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Lily looks back at the hand as it falls off Fino.
    She asks, "Does anyone have first aid supplies? The one without a hand needs medical attention."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Zerra will quickly put her thug back down and pick up the hand, then put it on the guys arm stump, making sure its lined up correctly she will say
    "I can heal using the Force. Trained in this first aid kind of thing."
    She will use Force healing to reattach the hand to his arm. By accelerating the natural process of healing and keep the hand firmly placed with the stump.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Lily rushes to bend down near Zerra. "I can assi-," she stops mid-sentence as Zerra appears to be re-attaching his hand. "...hold his body." She will hold the thug so Zerra can move her hands more freely. What in the galaxy is happening!? Is this the force? She stays silent though for Zerra can focus on healing. Lily intensely stares at the wound.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2021-08-22 at 07:34 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Flumph

'Cute! As long as you're around, Zerra, I don't need to worry about being maimed by Fino. (He laughs) Pretty good deal. Now, if you don't mind, ask the Force to get it done quickly and let's move... My ship, the Joker, can fit us all. It'll be a tight squeeze, but still. Unless, Fino, you still prefer to head out to your ship? I'll send you the coordinates to meet up with my own. Now, if any of you are interested in these kind of details, Joker is a J-Type Star Skiff from Naboo gifted to my family by the Theed Palace Space Engineering Corp. It's a royal carriage, but this particular model is also equiped with top mounted laser canons and can be quite nimble in a fight thanks to it's sleek design. Obviously, the chromium plating of the reinforced hull was dulled since those are the royal colors and, also.. oh! I'm rambling, aren't I? A thousand pardons - that tends to happen. In any case, we can regroup there for now and figure out our next step...'
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-08-22 at 08:02 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

"I am not leaving my ship behind. I will take this one." And Fino ran off with the healed person on her back. She climbed into the entrance into her ship with speed and fired it up, shooting up toward the sky.
    Part of her wasn't sure she wanted to meet up with the others. They were trouble...
    But that... not Jedi was something worth finding out more about.
    Show