New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

d6 Why Would You Remake a Classic? Let's Play Super Robot Wars 2 and All of its Remakes

What game is this?
    This is Super Robot Wars 2G (the G stands for Gleam). This is the 1995 remake of the 1991 Super Robot Wars 2. The original was for the Famicom, and the remake that we're playing is for the Gameboy. SRW2 and by extension 2G, is the start of the classic series of Super Robot Wars. Back when it was made by WinkySoft, had no problems being "Nintendo Hard" and decided that simple things like continuity between entries in the series didn't matter.

Speaking of continuity, 2G attempted to fix a few things to make the continuity work better, but ultimately was ignored when SRW 4 was remade into SRW F and F Final. Fortunately, it has the much improved battle system from Super Robot Wars 4 where you are actually allowed to select your counterattack, instead of setting an automatic response type that applied to all your units.

Why LP this game?
    Because SRW 30 is coming out in 2 months, and it contains Victory Gundam, and so does this game!

No, the real reason is that I'm a completionist at heart. While the SRW franchise is too large for me to play in its entirety, I figured I could play the Classic series. That consists of SRW 2/2G, 3, EX, and 4/F+F final. This part of the franchise doesn't get much love due to how old and janky it is. I wrapped up my SRW 1 LP that I used as a practice run, so it's time to jump into this series.

What series are in this game?
    *Mobile Suit Gundam*
    *Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam*
    *Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ*
    *Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack*
    *Mobile Suit Gundam F91*
    *Mazinger Z*
    *Great Mazinger*
    *UFO Robot Grendizer [First appearance in SRW 2]*
    *Getter Robo*
    *Getter Robo G*
    *Banpresto Originals [First appearance in SRW 2]*
    *Mobile Suit Victory Gundam [First appearance in SRW 2G]*
    *Mobile Fighter G Gundam [First appearance in SRW 2G]*

How will you play this game?
    Like all of my LPs, on and off platform, it will be a video LP. I know it isn't too conducive for interaction in the forum, but I'm hoping to do a few things to get more audience participation.

Unlike the original SRW 2, 2G has route splits. I know almost all SRW LPs take all splits, using alternative saves to make that work. However, I will not be doing that. For narrative reasons, I have already selected my route ahead of time. Don't worry, the other route is not going to be ignored. This game does not have a NG+ feature. However, I will build my own, with blackjack and hookers
    Spoiler
    Show
    actually with cheat codes
    , and I'll cover the route splits we don't take on the NG+ run.

Audience Participation
    The classic series is infamously hard. In fact, when I first mentioned I had a silly idea for what to do with SRW 2G on a SRW Discord, the first response was that SRW 2G is not forgiving of "silly ideas", before I could even share what my ideas were.

1. Fan Favorite: While the classic series is hard, I don't believe it's so hard that I need to minmax my playthrough, and bringing along a sub-optimal unit will be fine. bold your vote. I'll be keeping a running tally, not asking for votes after each mission. You can change your vote at any time. The favorite will be kept up level wise, and given some upgrade love. Not too much during the first playthrough, but I'll be much more free with money on NG+.

2. Deadpool: This will not be mentioned in this thread because monetization is against the GitP forum rules. (If I am mistaken, someone please correct me.)

3. Second Victory: We will get a second Victory Gundam as one of the secrets. Let me know who you want to be the pilot of it. Same rules as the Fan Favorite. Votes persist, but you can change your vote at any time.

Spoiler Policy: Please don't spoil the plot of the game (what little there is the unified story). However, please feel free to spoil stuff from the shows, especially once something has already happened on-screen.

Mission List
    * Mission 1: League Militaire
    * Mission 2: Tragedy of Woowig
    * Mission 3: Rescue Zeta Gundam

Bonus
    Unit and Pilot Database
    Last edited by fizzmaister; 2021-08-31 at 05:31 PM.
    Made the English version of Moemon Leaf Green. LP by Deme
    Part of the Super Robot Wars GC Translation Team Complete!
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Why Would You Remake a Classic? Let’s Play Super Robot Wars 2G

Unit and Pilot Database
    I'll be updating this post with unit and pilot info as we encounter them, although probably with some delays compared to the main releases.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mission 1: League Militaire

Mission 1: Youtube - Rumble

Let's start off a new LP with a bang, or at least a field of destroyed mobile suits.

In this episode, we start of with Usso Ewin facing off against Chronicle Asher, in a scene taken straight from Episode 1 of V Gundam. Unlike the anime, we actually shoot down Chronicle, instead of simply forcing him to retreat. Then the reinforcements arrive, and we get a bunch of allies to help shoot down some grunts.

Also, I keep forgetting that the bad guys from V Gundam are the Zanscare Empire. However, in here, they're just part of the Divine Crusaders (DC).

Vote!:
    Who do you want to be the fan favorite pilot? Usso, Amuro, Kouji, Sayaka, The Getter Team, Bright? Mark your vote in bold

Lastly. I will be streaming episode 3 on my Twitch channel this Thursday (August 19) at 9PM PDT. That's midnight August 20th EDT. Adjust time zones locally as needed. I have a guest host scheduled, and a crazy idea on top of the other things I've already mentioned it. I've spoiled it to a few people on Discord, but if you love Super Robot Wars, you should stop by, I aim to impress.
    Last edited by fizzmaister; 2021-08-18 at 09:47 PM.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

If you're seeing this, I'd appreciate it if you stopped by. I'm planning something crazy, and I hope it will be fun. Stop by to see it now, or wait until Saturday next week for the polished and edited version. Stream starts at 9PM PDT, I hope to see you there.
    Last edited by fizzmaister; 2021-08-21 at 02:30 PM.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mission 2: Tragedy of Woowig

Hosts: Rumble, Odysee, Youtube

A nice and simple stage, with a unique retreat condition for the boss.

Metchet Rubence will retreat if there are less than four enemy units left on the stage. We see Fuala Griffon, in the cutscenes, but she is just a passenger in Metchet's Recarl.

Starting today, SRW 2G will released every Saturday, unless I manage to fall behind editing.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fizzmaister;25165337
    [b
    Vote![/b]:
    Who do you want to be the fan favorite pilot? Usso, Amuro, Kouji, Sayaka, The Getter Team, Bright? Mark your vote in bold

Lastly. I will be streaming episode 3 on my Twitch channel this Thursday (August 19) at 9PM PDT. That's midnight August 20th EDT. Adjust time zones locally as needed. I have a guest host scheduled, and a crazy idea on top of the other things I've already mentioned it. I've spoiled it to a few people on Discord, but if you love Super Robot Wars, you should stop by, I aim to impress.
    Huh. This is.. a way more ambitious project than I thought, and I already thought you were nuts for wanting to do these older games. Good luck, and I'll be watching when I can!

Also, Getter Team. Specifically, Getter 3 when possible. Based on your video commentary I don't think you'll have a problem with that

(Secondary - Bright. I have a habit of trying to make the battleship/support ship units overpowered.)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Huh. This is.. a way more ambitious project than I thought, and I already thought you were nuts for wanting to do these older games. Good luck, and I'll be watching when I can!

Also, Getter Team. Specifically, Getter 3 when possible. Based on your video commentary I don't think you'll have a problem with that

(Secondary - Bright. I have a habit of trying to make the battleship/support ship units overpowered.)
    Thanks, and votes are noted.

I predicted that that stream would either be amazing, or completely go up in flames. It was both. Recording issues and running out of time were a problem. Still, I hope to have episode 3 out in time for a Saturday release. But with the extra stuff I need to do, it might be a little hard to make it, considering I didn't finish recording everything yet, and there's going to be a bunch of editing.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mission 3: Rescue Zeta Gundam

This mission reveals exactly what my crazy imagination has been up to, and why releases are only going to be once a week, and why it's possible that I'll slip on that release schedule. It's split up into two parts because I was afraid I wouldn't have it all done for today. I'm still working on editing together a compressed version.

Part 1: Rumble, Odysee, Youtube

Part 2: Rumble, Odysee, Youtube

In this mission, we decide to rescue Kamille instead of waiting for the Shrike Team. MightyPretenders asked how could anyone go wrong with Amuro, and I show exactly how. Fortunately, we're saved by a time warp. Unfortunately we continue to be stuck in that very same time warp. How many times must we rescue Kamille? How many times must one not care to admit to the mistakes of ones youth?

Fan Favorite Tally: Add your votes!
    (Note, this LP is crossposted on Something Awful, LP Zone, LP Beach, and Giant ITP)
    Getter Team: JamieTheD(LPB), tyckspoon (GITP)
    Amuro: MightPretenders (SA)

Vote!
    Keep voting for your fan favorite.
    Also, vote for which member of the Shrike team gets to use the second V Gundam that we unlocked.
    Last edited by fizzmaister; 2021-08-29 at 03:52 AM.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Why Would You Remake a Classic? Let's Play Super Robot Wars 2 and All of its Rema

Mission 3: Rescue Zeta Gundam (combined video)

So, if you thought I wasn't crazy enough with my last post, revealing that I actually want to play three classic era games simultaneously, I also went ahead and edited them together so you can watch me LP all three games simultaneously. The first 30ish minutes are the same between this and 3-1 from the last post, and then the fun begins after that.

Mission 3 (combined): Rumble, Odysee, Youtube

Please give me feedback on this video. I know my editing sucked on this one, and I have ideas to make episode 4 better. However, I'd like to know if this idea is something that even interests people. It took a lot of time to edit this video, but much of that is due to the fact that I have done actual video editing (and not just cutting down twitch streams to play on youtube) since 2008, and I'm rusty as hell (and also using FOSS editing software instead of pirating premium editing software). I'll get faster with more practice. However, if the idea doesn't interest anyone, I may just drop it and stick to the sequential format from earlier.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Why Would You Remake a Classic? Let's Play Super Robot Wars 2 and All of its Rema

Streaming SRW 2G , and maybe 2 or 2CB afterwards. We'll be getting our first permadeath since Helen has hit the death threshold.

https://www.twitch.tv/Bring_Stabity
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

No new episode tomorrow. I had a busy week (and somehow managed to accomplish nothing), and I don't have the raw footage, let alone the editing. Plus, I'm out camping for this long weekend. See you next Saturday.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Streaming some Super Robot Wars 2, followed by 2 Complete Box. Then either Luigi's Mansion or Creeper world, depending on how much time I have left and what I feel like.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mission 4: Trick City (sequential videos)

Hosts: Rumble, Odysee, Youtube

With Kamille rescued, it's time to head down to Madrid to resupply. However, our good friend Admiral Ackbar points out that "It's a trap!"

The people of Madrid have been taken hostage by DC, and Michiru is forced to fight us in the Getter Queen. She barely puts up a fight. However, it's enough to claim the life of our first Shrike Team Member, Helen Jackson. RIP Helen. Yes, I know your ghost is still haunting the pilot roster, but she's definitely not selectable. No sir. Still, grieving her loss, we move on to dealing with Jerrid Mesa and Ramba Ral.

However, Amuro discovered something strange

Secrets

Spoiler
    Show
    SRW 2:
    There is a shop near your starting position. It is the only place in the game to get a biosensor, and the only place to see, but never buy, the Minovsky Particles item as well.
    If you don't destroy Getter Q, she will join you as an uncontrollable allied unit until the end of stage on turn 3, then leave permanently.

SRW 2 CB:
    If you don't destroy Getter Q, she will join you permanently on turn 3.
    Have Amuro land on the hangar with the blue rollup door in the city to have a conversation with Kai, and get the G Parts.

SRW 2G:
    If you don't destroy Getter Q, she will join you permanently on turn 3. You will also take the alternate stage route, and go to Gibraltar instead of Dakar. We are going to Dakar to keep to the same path as the original, as Gibraltar is a 2G exclusive.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Episode 4: Combined

Like with Episode 3, this is the combined video of all three versions of the game playing simultaneously.

Preferred Hosts: Rumble, Odysee
    Youtube

See the post above for all the secrets.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Streaming some SRW 2 and 2 Complete Box, so I have footage for my episode on Saturday
    https://www.twitch.tv/bring_stabity
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mission 5: Supremacy Over Dakar (sequential videos)

This is the sequential version of these videos. The simultaneously edited version will be released next Saturday.

Regular Host: Youtube

I tried editing this video to avoid getting content ID claims on Mazinger Z's Theme, and I managed to miss one and still get the claim. I'm annoyed. I didn't want to risk it with F91's theme since that's a movie, and it looks like I was successful in that regard at least.

With Michiru defeated, we continue along the "canon" path, heading to Dakar to weaken DC's hold on the Federation capital. There, we encounter a lot of enemies: The Black Tri-Stars, Toros "I give a lot of money" D7, a squad of Hygoggs (the only representation 0080 has in SRW2), Char, Lalah (original and CB only), as well as Garma and Chronicle (G only). We can see some more rifts growing between the canon story and the Gleam version. In the original and complete box, we turn Lalah into sweet money and EXP. RIP Lalah, you could have been a mother to Char, and in G, we instead help Char get vengeance on the Zabi family.

Be careful, if Garma is the last unit you kill, you will not get the last wave of reinforcements.

Secret Alert
    Spoiler
    Show

SRW 2 and 2CB: Amuro can convince Lalah, and have her join your forces. She will only join for a few stages, and leave on mission 7 (9 by our reckoning).

SRW 2G: We lost our chance to recruit Lalah by defeating Getter Q.

(Note, this LP is crossposted on Something Awful, LP Zone, LP Beach, and Giant ITP)

Extra Victory Gundam Pilot: Add your votes!
    Mahalia: ZappaSlave (YT)

Vote!
    Also, vote for which member of the Shrike team gets to use the second V Gundam that we unlocked.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mission 5: Combined
    Same as previously. This is all three versions of Supremacy Over Dakar in an edited video to play simultaneously. Also, it's the first one of my videos to not get a content ID claim on Mazinger's theme from the Complete Box.

See the above post for secret details and voting options.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mission 6: Strike Back
    All three versions, back to back. I've made some improvements to my voice track. I got a better mount and pop filter for the mic, don't have headphones connected to it anymore so the cable doesn't hit the mic, and I've done some basic audio post-processing. Let me know if it sounds better.

The Empire Strikes Back. I mean The Divine Crusaders Strike Back. DC forces, led by Jerid, Kacricon, and the Black Tri-stars, have returned to try to take back the Federation's capitol after we conquered it last mission. They fail, but not without inflicting casualties on us. We lose two units, and one of those is even a permadeath (by coincidence, not by planning). We also lose out on some bonus dialogue with the Black Tri-stars because I let Seabook slaughter Gaia without a second thought.

Vote:

Vote!
    Also, vote for which member of the Shrike team (or any other Gundam pilot) gets to use the second V Gundam that we unlocked.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Come join a live stream of part of the next episode. Stream is live, and will be starting soon.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mission 6: Combined
    Same as previously. This is all three versions of Strike Back in an edited video to play simultaneously. Also, it's the first one of my videos to not get a content ID claim on Mazinger's theme from the Complete Box.

See the above post for voting options.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mission 7: Wilderness of Betrayal
    All three versions, back to back. I've made some more audio changes. I hope they're for the better.

Host: Youtube

Who are you?

The new Number 2.

Who is Number 1?

You are Number 4.

I am not a number, I am a free woman!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus points if you get that reference.

We're joined by longtime fan and friend of the show, Snowball! Sadly, he lost power in the middle of the stream. Oh well. That's an excuse to get him on on another stream.

Four Murasame has escaped from the DC in her Psyco Gundam and is trying to seek refuge on the Argama. The Getter team thinks she may be a spy, but Kamille has a feeling that she isn't. She is allowed on. Her relief is short-lived as soon we are attacked by DC forces, led by Dozle Zabi in the Big Zam! Four thinks there's no way we could handle fighting the Big Zam ourselves, and helps fight in her Psyco Gundam. Sadly, she is captured by Baron Ashura, who then escapes with her and Dozle.

Aside from that, it was a pretty easy map, but bad RNG resulted in Amuro dying. How unfortunate. Fortunately, it's not a permadeath.

Vote:

Vote!
    Also, vote for which member of the Shrike team (or any other Gundam pilot) gets to use the second V Gundam that we unlocked.
    [/quote]
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

No update this weekend unfortunately. I got sick and didn't have the focus to work on editing, and there is no way I'll be done with the episode in time. I'll get it out next Saturday.

Mission 7: Combined
    Same as previously. This is all three versions of Wilderness of Betrayal in an edited video to play simultaneously.

Yeah, so one week of no releases turned into almost three months of no releases. I got sick, which left me with fatigue for 3 weeks (no LPing and letting a lot of other responsibilities slide). By the time I caught up with life, I just barely had time to do the Cthulhu Saves Christmas special LP that I had planned for a few months. I can't say I'm in the groove, because there won't be a release next week, but I hope to be back to weekly releases two weeks from today. Enjoy, and don't forget to vote and comment.

Mission 8: Destroy the Fortress
    All three versions back to back.

We finally reach Kilimanjaro, only to be told that the enemy has built a base nearby, and is able to use its long range artillery to shell the Kilimanjaro fortress.

We sally forth to Destroy the Enemy Fortress.

Mission 8: Combined
    I bet y'all thought this was dead. But no. I live!

Same as previously. This is all three versions of Destroy the fortress in an edited video to play simultaneously.

This one was a real pain to edit. You'll see I had to give up some of my goals of syncing up all the dialogue. Masaki attacking the fortress at the start of the stage in 2G, and close to the end in the others made a big difference, but there were other things. Plus, I missed some dialogue. Oh well, something to grab on NG+.

:siren: Secret Alert :siren:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All Three Kochouki can be recruited if you convince her with Getter Robo after reducing her to 30% HP

In SRW 2G, fulfilling the secret will take us on a route split. In order to keep all three games as consistent as possible, we will not be doing this secret.

2022/03/26
    Mission 9: Duel! Rhine X1
    Only two version this time. SRW 2G skips this level. And I'm only a few hours late from my preferred release time, not weeks like I have been recently. Although I wasn't thorough enough in scrubbing and I got hit by a copyright claim on the video. Mumble grumble, stupid youtube.

Inside the enemy's fortress, and unable to bring along the Argama. We face a winding corridor that leads to the boss of this stage, Rhine X1. Constructed by Dr. Schtroheim Heinrich, it has fused with his gynoid "daughter", Lorelei Heinrich.

This is the first mission without 2G included. 2G just had most of the enemies from inside the fortress fight us last mission outside the fortress.

Upon her defeat, Lorelei reveals to us that Grendizer has been captured, and is being held by M'Quve, but that it's a trap.

Vote:
    Getter Team: JamieTheD (LPB), tyckspoon (GITP), Cloudmonkey98 (LPB)
    Amuro: MightyPretenders (SA)

Marbet: Cloudmonkey98 (LPB)

Vote!

2022/04/02
    Mission 9: Combined
    Wow. I'm actually sticking to my release schedule who would have guessed. And I already have 2/3s of next week's release ready. I'm working hard to stay 2 weeks ahead of everything. TSE2 is 2 weeks ahead, HotJ is 1.5 weeks ahead, DAL is 1 week ahead, but with one video uploading now that will push me to 1.5 weeks ahead. The fact that this was just two sources instead of three, and the two had their dialogue line up really well made editing much easier than it could have been. 95% of the editing was done in a single day, with a little preview the day before, and a QC pass the next. The previous episode was a real pain to sync up when the dialogue wasn't synced up at all.

Same as previously. This is both versions of Duel! Rhine X1 in an edited video to play simultaneously.

2022/04/09
    Mission 10: M'Quve's Trap
    All three versions back to back. 2G returns after having skipped the previous mission. So, we learn about the fact that Duke and Grendizer are being held captive slightly differently.

"If you want Duke to live, come to Odessa alone, Kabuto Kouji. I trust you will make the right decision."

From the title, it's quite obvious that this is a setup. Fortunately, we get some new friends along the way, one of them is even a secret.

:siren: Secret Alert :siren:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All Three Minerva X can be recruited by convincing her with Kouji

Vote:

Vote!

2022/04/16
    Mission 10: Combined
    This one was annoying to edit together, but nowhere near as bad as it could have been.

Same as previously. This is all three versions of M'Quve's Trap in an edited video to play simultaneously.

2022/04/23
    Mission 11: Winds of Revenge
    Two versions back to back, no 2G again. Having foiled M'Quve's trap in the previous episode, he strikes out for vengeance. M'Quve being M'Quve it is of course another trap

This time we face missiles. We fortunately don't get hit by any, but just looking at their stats, they're powerful! We do lose Minerva X, sadly. Yes, we literally just got her last mission, and we lose her this time, but at least we get Judau. Also, if you look closely, you'll notice that I completely forgot to use the ZZ in the NES version, oops! However, I did use the no-repair trick, letting Minerva get destroyed but not have to pay a repair cost since she leaves this mission.

Vote:

Vote!

2022/04/30
    Mission 11: Combined
    One more easy one. And my backlog is empty I blame Echoes of Mana. I've stupidly gone from daily video releases to twice a day. It's rough.

Same as previously. This is all both versions of Winds of Revenge in an edited video to play simultaneously.

2022/05/07
    Mission 12: Marionette Four
    2G joins us once again, and we are in the nice position of being synced up. It's episode 12 of the LP, but all three games agree that they are on episode 10. The NES and PSX versions skipped the first two stages, and the gameboy version skipped two recent stages.

I've made a slight change to the releases. As you know, I trim out audio sections from the PSX game because they keep getting copyright claimed. Rumble is actually even more aggressive compared to youtube on this point. However, Odysee, does not yet have such checks. Therefore, the Odysee version has the full game audio included, so use that one if you don't like the lack of music in parts of the Complete Box sections.

With business in Odessa (and along the way) resolved, it's time to fly to Hong Kong to rearm.

In Hong Kong, our brilliant tacticians decide that the smart thing to do is to split their small force into two even smaller forces to make it easier to defeat them in detail. The plan is successful in the CB version, as Amuro gets shot down, forcing me to rerecord that episode, and almost miss getting this out on time.

In return, we kill Jerrid's first (of many?) girlfriends, and even recruit Four to our cause.

:siren: Secret Alert! :siren:
    Spoiler
    Show
    2G: Convince Four with Kamille and she will join you on the spot.
    2 (NES): Wait for the event for Four to snap out of her mind control, and then convince her with Kamille, and she will join you on the spot.
    2 CB: Wait for the event for Four to snap out of her mind control. Amuro must be deployed and not shot down for the event to play out properly. Then convince her with Kamille, and she will join you on the spot.

Vote:

Vote!
    Last edited by fizzmaister; 2022-05-07 at 03:54 PM.
    Ran @TweetsFromOYW
    Super Robot Wars 1 LP