New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Spider-Man: No Way Home - Official Teaser Trailer, just released from Sony Pictures

First Peter Parker Movie I been looking forward too for 9 years.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Spider-man: No Way Home Trailer

Finally!

Spoiler
    Show

Pumpkin bomb, yes!
    Also very excited to see Doc Ock, although he’s less of a surprise seeing how his actor admitted to being in the movie.

Looks like it’s going to be fun, all things considered.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Spider-man: No Way Home Trailer

THAT'S ALFRED MOLINA FROM SPIDER MAN 2?
    wow

Woooow.
    I'm excited.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Spider-Man: No Way Home - Official Teaser Trailer, just released from Sony Pictur

Spoiler: Villains
    Show
    In addition to Alfred Molina's Ock, I saw a pumpkin bomb, yellow lightning with sand, and... was that the Lizard in that jump-scare shot? Are we building towards a Sinister Six?

Spoiler: Wish
    Show
    Looks like we're getting some big One More Day vibes with this one. Here's hoping it doesn't turn out nearly as bad as the comic did.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Spider-Man: No Way Home - Official Teaser Trailer, just released from Sony Pictur

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Spoiler: Villains
    Show
    In addition to Alfred Molina's Ock, I saw a pumpkin bomb, yellow lightning with sand, and... was that the Lizard in that jump-scare shot? Are we building towards a Sinister Six?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sony's been building to Sinister Six for about a decade now. Not sure if Molina would turn up for that though.

Interesting trailer, but seemed more like a plot summary than a tease. Little nervous about leaning too far into nostalgic returns.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

This is officially the one Marvel movie I'm fully psyched for.

Spoiler
    Show
    That said, I really have to wonder why Dr. Strange would cast a major spell like that when, from the sound of it, he doesn’t really know all the ramifications--and when the only point is to ease one teenager's social problems.

However, I’m willing to run with it for the time being. I have a soft spot for Alfred Molina’s Doc Ock, and as much as I’m not fond of the whole multiverse thing, it’ll be worth it to watch Iron Spider throw down with the tentacle AIs.

So, yeah. Fully onboard this train…no matter how many trains we end up with.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Wondermod powers activate! Form of: Merged Thread!
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Wondermod powers activate! Form of: Merged Thread!
    Thank You for your service 🙏 I was this close to posting a Spider-Man meme.

————

Speaking of the Memetic and Mimesis, Peter please …

Please stop going to authority figures with goatees and asking for help. The daddies (or is it surrogate uncles?) in the film always make it worse.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

This trailer has me hyped. I've always loved the Spider multiverse, and Dafoe and Molina both delivered spectacular performances.

Speaking of the Memetic and Mimesis, Peter please …

Please stop going to authority figures with goatees and asking for help. The daddies (or is it surrogate uncles?) in the film always make it worse.
    Well then, since Molina is confirmed the Rami version, and so is Dafoe, Peter can try talking to two new potential clean shaven authority figures! One of which should even ostensibly be sympathetic! What could possibly go wrong? Three if that dark shot with something behind Peter was Connors/Lizard, and not Venom.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

One thing I didn't see in the trailer....

Spoiler
    Show
    ...was any hint of Vulture. There was a bit of setup in the Homecoming credits, and it would've been nice for Vulture to be part of the mix.

I also wonder if this whole scenario isn't stealing a little thunder from Into the Spider-Verse. But I guess multiple Peters is at least a little different from multiple spider-persons.

Spoiler: Out of the Darkness
    Show
    I think the snippet at 2:26 was showing Doc Ock coming out of the darkness, with the red embers being the optics on the tentacles.
    Last edited by Palanan; 2021-08-23 at 11:01 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That said, I really have to wonder why Dr. Strange would cast a major spell like that when, from the sound of it, he doesn’t really know all the ramifications--and when the only point is to ease one teenager's social problems.

However, I’m willing to run with it for the time being. I have a soft spot for Alfred Molina’s Doc Ock, and as much as I’m not fond of the whole multiverse thing, it’ll be worth it to watch Iron Spider throw down with the tentacle AIs.

So, yeah. Fully onboard this train…no matter how many trains we end up with.
    I have to agree:

Spoiler: Out of Character?
    Show
    It seems a little weird for Dr Strange of all people to be so eager to pull a One More Day here, and hang the consequences - not just for the cosmos, but even for Peter himself. Part of me can't help but wonder - are we dealing with the right one? Or even Stephen Strange at all?

Spoiler
    Show
    ...was any hint of Vulture. There was a bit of setup in the Homecoming credits, and it would've been nice for Vulture to be part of the mix.
    He's busy with Morbius
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    This trailer has me hyped. I've always loved the Spider multiverse, and Dafoe and Molina both delivered spectacular performances.

Well then, since Molina is confirmed the Rami version, and so is Dafoe, Peter can try talking to two new potential clean shaven authority figures! One of which should even ostensibly be sympathetic! What could possibly go wrong? Three if that dark shot with something behind Peter was Connors/Lizard, and not Venom.
    Perfectly balanced as all things should be…until you mentioned his “rival” Venom.

—————

Edit: I decided I need a bunch of connected shorts of Wong doing nice things, like we had shorts of Coulson on his way to Thor’s hammer and deciding what type of donuts he will have for the remaining car ride.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2021-08-24 at 12:14 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm way beyond hyped. This looks like it will be a massive spectacle of a movie, unlike what I felt for BW and the trailers for Eternals and Shang-Chi.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone have any guesses as to how Strange's spell brought back the old Raimi villains? Did Doc Ock and Gobby forgot that Tom Holland isn't their Peter Parker or something?

It's crazy how we're pretty much going full circle with the whole Spider-Man franchise, not to mention Raimi helming the Dr. Strange sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

14. - Top - End - #14

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone have any guesses as to how Strange's spell brought back the old Raimi villains? Did Doc Ock and Gobby forgot that Tom Holland isn't their Peter Parker or something?

'People assume that time is a strict progression from cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff', or in short - the plot needs it for movie to happen.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm way beyond hyped. This looks like it will be a massive spectacle of a movie, unlike what I felt for BW and the trailers for Eternals and Shang-Chi.

Spoiler
    Show

It's crazy how we're pretty much going full circle with the whole Spider-Man franchise, not to mention Raimi helming the Dr. Strange sequel.
    This is a teaser, thus incomplete information by definition.
    Spoiler: but anyway where is the fun with stopping
    Show

Peter and Strange were dealing a world wide memory spell. That spell was modified by Peter interacting with it.
    1) we do not know how it was modified.
    2) we do not know if the modification is ongoing, if it is progressive expanding outwards modifying more and more.
    (I say yes for when telling a 3 act structure instead of other story structure, a progressive problem that gets worse is one of the ways to maximize tension, it can be argued to be the “easiest” way to maximize tension)
    3) likewise we do not know if there is any cost or price to casting the spell in the first place, like some form of sacrifice.
    (Perhaps memory loss from one reality means memory gain from another reality, and so on.)

In sum we are dealing with silver age magic stuff and I am having fun with the MCU again.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Loki
    Show
    Obviously he was casting it at the exact moment Sylvie stabbed He Who Remains and all the timelines got cut loose.
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2021-08-24 at 03:57 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Generic trailer with a big nostalgia pop at the end... I LOVED IT. Last time I made noises that high pitched I had almost run straight into Misha Collins at dragoncon back in 2011.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Thank you Peelee!

Spoiler
    Show

I also wonder if this whole scenario isn't stealing a little thunder from Into the Spider-Verse. But I guess multiple Peters is at least a little different from multiple spider-persons.
    These are both valid points.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not seeing any sign of Mac Gargan, either.

For my part, however, I’m glad to see they’re integrating it with the Far From Home ending instead of dropping that thread.

19. - Top - End - #19

Flumph

Reminds me One More Day.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by ben-zayb
    This looks like it will be a massive spectacle of a movie, unlike what I felt for BW and the trailers for Eternals and Shang-Chi.
    My feelings exactly.

Originally Posted by ben-zayb
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Puncturing the veils of the multiverse evidently drew in Spideys and Spidey-villains from parallel realities.

And if Kingpin and Octavia from Spider-Verse are any indication, most Spidey-villains won’t pass up the chance to kill any Spider-Man. Seems likely that alternate-Doc-Ock is not so easily reformed as the version we’ve seen before.

Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not seeing any sign of Mac Gargan, either.
    Spoiler
    Show

Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga
    For my part, however, I’m glad to see they’re integrating it with the Far From Home ending instead of dropping that thread.
    Absolutely. But speaking of endings—

Spoiler
    Show
    —I’d be very surprised if we don’t see Wanda show up at the end, if not earlier.

Kind of ambivalent about that, but it would be a natural lead-in to the next Dr. Strange.
    Last edited by Palanan; 2021-08-24 at 08:42 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Honestly, I just hope they don't handle it as roughly as the last Spider-Man 3. Love that movie, but good God was there a little too much going on.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    Honestly, I just hope they don't handle it as roughly as the last Spider-Man 3. Love that movie, but good God was there a little too much going on.
    You.... loved Spider-man 3?

Sorry but wow. You are literally the first person I've ever heard say they love that movie.

As to the trailer, I'm disappointed in Dr. Strange's characterization as presented. It seems like he is foolishly complicit in casting this terrible spell, even after all he's learned in his own story arc about using magic like this. He casts the spell without explaining to Peter what he needs Peter to do, then when Peter screws it up (by apparently talking outloud) he blames Peter for the spell going awry. What the hell, Doc? This is 100% on you.

Still it's just a trailer. Perhaps it will be presented clearer in the actual movie. I had assumed Peter would go to him to ask for his help, Doc would say no its too dangerous, then Peter would sneak around and do it behind his back, thus ACTUALLY being responsible while both characters acting in character.
    Last edited by Wintermoot; 2021-08-24 at 09:38 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Was that actually a danger? Why wouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Spoiler: Loki
    Show
    Obviously he was casting it at the exact moment Sylvie stabbed He Who Remains and all the timelines got cut loose.
    I mean - yes, by definition EVERYTHING happened at that exact moment

(Or it's perhaps more accurate to point out what didn't happen, i.e. the TVA.)

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    Well, the big advantage of this format is that
    Spoiler
    Show
    they don't have to introduce any of these villains beyond explaining how they end up crossing timelines, and since they all already hate their respective Peters, you don't have to explain that either. In the original Spiderman 3 / ASM 2, every single baddie needed both a backstory and a tie to the main plot, which left no room for the plot itself.

And that was just the villains, SM3 was also trying to introduce Gwen Stacy and deal with Mary Jane's broadway career and her love triangle with Harry and give JJJ and Aunt May stuff to do - it was indeed way too much.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone else find it odd that the inside of the Sanctum Sanctorum is coated in ice?

Doctor Strange does seem a bit out of character/off. Wonder if he's a skrull, or mayhaps mind controlled, or...

Wild speculation ahoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    Anyone else find it odd that the inside of the Sanctum Sanctorum is coated in ice?
    I'm going to GUESS that it will be presented as an aside joke. "Uh what happened here?" "Oh, you know... tuesday" as a way of demonstrating that Doc is ALWAYS busy fighting off one magical intrusion or another. Perhaps from Narnia this time. Or Elsa.
    Last edited by Wintermoot; 2021-08-24 at 09:59 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    Mac Gargan, aka The Scorpion, was the guy buying weapons on the boat in Spider-Man Homecoming.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Doctor Strange does seem a bit out of character/off. Wonder if he's a skrull, or mayhaps mind controlled, or...

Wild speculation ahoy!
    He’s a Loki in clever disguise!

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Mac Gargan, aka The Scorpion, was the guy buying weapons on the boat in Spider-Man Homecoming.
    This, also, he shows up in the end credits of Homecoming talking to Toomes in prison.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

That's a long teaser trailer. It also does that thing I hate in trailers where it basically gives you half the plot in summary. "Here's most of the movie in fast-forward so that you don't need to watch it!"

Ugh.

Anyway, I'll probably watch it.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

29. - Top - End - #29

Wild speculation ahoy!
    I don't think Skrull given that he's actually using magic, and I don't think their impersonation abilities extend that far. I could be wrong though, I don't have any experience with Secret War/Invasion.

Assuming I'm not, that leaves a few possibilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

- Variant Strange
    - Mordo
    - Wanda
    - ...a Loki?
    - Possessed by... something
    - MEPHISTO

Regardless of what's going on, this is definitely reckless for Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermoot View Post
    I'm going to GUESS that it will be presented as an aside joke. "Uh what happened here?" "Oh, you know... tuesday" as a way of demonstrating that Doc is ALWAYS busy fighting off one magical intrusion or another. Perhaps from Narnia this time. Or Elsa.
    I agree with this, but it could also be the aftermath of whatever is causing him to behave oddly (see above.) In other words,
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's "just tuesday" but he could have possibly lost.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermoot View Post
    Or Elsa.
    Bwa hahaha, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    He’s a Loki in clever disguise!
    More Loki? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I agree with this, but it could also be the aftermath of whatever is causing him to behave oddly (see above.) In other words,
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's "just tuesday" but he could have possibly lost.
    Between loosing, and most likely sensing/knowing about the Multiverse being birthed, maybe altering the memory of everyone on a single planet in a single universe seems like less of a big deal. *shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.