New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Pandora's Tale Chapter 9

In the 2060s, the evil corporation Monopolith creates a race of humanoids called Helpers who are brainwashed and sold as slaves. Protagonist Pandora is a Helper who escapes and joins the resistance. Pandora must fight to overcome her brainwashing, while simultaneously fighting alongside the resistance to take down the company that brainwashed her.

Also, Pandora's trans, and everyone in the main cast is queer.

Chapter 9, "Echo, Part 1" just began, and it will run 7 days a week until the end of the chapter, at which point the comic will go on hiatus until she's finished drawing Chapter 10.

I'm very interested in seeing Echo and Pandora meet.
    Spoiler: Current page
    Show
    The thing that jumps out at me is that in Page 1 of Chapter 9, Echo called Van Tilburg "Master," but in page 2 she calls him by his name. So either either he isn't really her master and she's just faking like Pandora did in Chapter 5, or she's much, much farther along in overcoming her programming than Pandora and Adrestea are.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Pandora's Tale Chapter 9

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Moved to Webcomics
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Certainly didn't expect to read something so relatable, cute, and simultaneously depressing today.

Spoiler: Chapter 9
    Show
    Would probably make more sense for Echo to be a helper, but it's possible they're just faking it like the one in the TV show.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RatElemental View Post
    Certainly didn't expect to read something so relatable, cute, and simultaneously depressing today.

Show
    Would probably make more sense for Echo to be a helper, but it's possible they're just faking it like the one in the TV show.
    Show
    I think it's unlikely Echo is a human. In Chapter 6 Pandora refers to a human playing a Helper as "a shame," and Xan seems to be trying to set up Echo as someone we like (and succeeding, based on reactions on her social media). I think it's more likely Echo is an escaped Helper in the Pluto City Resistance (or another city that isn't Pioneer).

Also, the comic transcript Xan posted on Mastodon refers to Echo as a Helper. But that isn't necessarily definitive, since the transcript for Chapters 3 and 4 referred to the courier as "Cop," and he wasn't actually a cop.