A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Planeside 3

1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Planeside 3

Scorching Depths
    "We made you an exit at least. If you don't remember the way to the courtyard from here, that's not our problem," The leader replies, almost mockingly. The passage stands open for Braon should she desire to use it.

Sekhmet's Court
    "What if I don't let her go?" Sekhmet leans forward curiously. "She told me about the heart-eating specifically, but I could guess at other things." And she's increasingly sure judging from what she's learned so far, that Braeg most likely killed Braon's father and abducted her to be his "niece," which, if true, is despicable, but doesn't excuse Braon's actions.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Scorching Depths]

Braon nods and starts through the passageway, trying to find her way back through to the courtyard. Of course, if the guards outside her room were any indication, Sekhmet might have stepped up security... assuming there wasn't any spatial trickery going on with the palace itself, either. If she lucks out and neither happens to be the case, she'll come bursting through the doors, furious.

[Sekhmet's Court]

"Then you don't let her go." Braeg replies evenly. "You clearly are not the sort of captor who believes in executing troublesome abductees, so short of gross abuse, I'm not particularly compelled to force the issue." He smirks. "Of course, you've seen what she's like. If you don't release her, you have the alternative of handling her, and I don't envy you the headache that will cause you."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    ]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Brefaisil]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    "My husband is not recieving any visitors." The horned woman replies coolly, giving what is clearly a well-rehearsed response. "Whatever business you had with him is now with me." She pauses and gives a dry little smile. "...Fortunately, you appear to have landed right on top of my bedchamber."

Seth scowls. No part of this situation sat well with him. "This isn't right." He mutters to Marcie. "We can't make arrangements with a f-"

"With your queen?" The horned woman interrupts.

Seth's scowl deepens, but he says nothing further.
    "Then we're glad to have met you so soon." She straightens up and gives a salute to the horned woman.
    "I am called Atorre Marcie. I hail from another world, where we have just today discovered the difficulties you all have had, and come to see if we can help."

Seth should feel something, a pressure, the hair on the back of his neck standing up, and then words without any sound...
    Tell me about the queen. Why should we not deal with her?
    Concentrate on words and intend for us to hear you, and we will.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Scorching Depths
    The narrow passage exits into an adjacent hallway. It's not hard for Braon to begin a mad dash towards...

Sekhmet's Court
    "Better that she's 'handled' and not a danger to anyone, herself included. I can stand a headache." And she can delegate the handling to her minions if necessary. "So far I haven't found your argument very convincing."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Brefaisil]

"Then we're glad to have met you so soon." She straightens up and gives a salute to the horned woman.
    "I am called Atorre Marcie. I hail from another world, where we have just today discovered the difficulties you all have had, and come to see if we can help."

Seth should feel something, a pressure, the hair on the back of his neck standing up, and then words without any sound...
    Tell me about the queen. Why should we not deal with her?
    Concentrate on words and intend for us to hear you, and we will.
    [Brefaisil]

The answer Seth wants to give immediately is Because she's a fiendling!, but he knows Marcie won't go for that. He sighs and forces himself to hammer out a saner response.

...Call it a gut feeling. The King usually attends to diplomacy himself. If he isn't doing so, it bodes poorly for us.

The horned woman returns the salute; she has no idea what it means, but the context implies this is the appropriate response. "Breoite of Clan Lesserwood, Queen of Maesda." She replies in greeting. "I would say your arrival could not have been better timed, if not for the past ten years." She smiles ruefully.

Oh Lords, she thinks she's funny...

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Scorching Depths
    The narrow passage exits into an adjacent hallway. It's not hard for Braon to begin a mad dash towards...

Sekhmet's Court
    "Better that she's 'handled' and not a danger to anyone, herself included. I can stand a headache." And she can delegate the handling to her minions if necessary. "So far I haven't found your argument very convincing."
    [Sekhmet's Court]

Braeg nods. "No, I suppose you wouldn't. Thus far, we've only been discussing the abstracts. Clearly, she isn't here solely to protect me; I neither need nor want that. So, then, why have-"

The doors slam open to admit a certain furious fiendling. "Uncle!" Braon barks. "I've waited too long for-mmmph!"

Braeg doesn't even spare her a backwards glance. He barely seems to have noticed she came in at all. As everyone can plainly see, the constrictor snake forcing its way out of Braon's mouth and coiling around her to prevent her from doing more than flail helplessly is the real item of interest here.

"As I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted..." Braeg continues. "Why are you holding her here, hm?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Prison Realm

Nothing will occur to distract her in those several minutes; Kiun may feel that, wherever she is, she's the only living person here. It's certainly true for the entrance hall.

The book is a visitor's log. It doesn't list who they are visiting, instead those that sign only need to write down their name and title and a reason for the visit. There's only been a handful of signers, the most recent five years ago. Only four residents are visited- the Weevil of Antwerp, the Blazing Bishop, the Skull of Am-het, and Stofia, the Eater of Innocents. Most visitors are the Detective Answell, who gives no further information, but also the Monika the Priestess of Bloodied Blades and Master Emile the Godless.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; Today at 03:43 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Brefaisil]

If the king were already gone, would we know? They'll have to be on their guard.

Marcie smiles; the queen is funny.
    "Well, we had best make up for lost time."
    "Do you have a clearer picture of how this all started, just what happened to Adea?"

[Prison Realm]

Whatever writing implement is beside the log will pick itself up and clumsily add a new entry.
    Visitor: 'Marquess Kiun'. Reason for Visit: 'Curiosity'.

Honestly neither the prisoners nor the visitors have names that make her feel better about this. But it is what there is to do here...
    And now, on towards the door.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Prison Realm

Kiun opens the door and sees a narrow walkway. There's no handrail, and nothing on either side, above, or below- the room she just left, the walkway, and some other rooms visible vaguely in the void. It's dark, and there's not much light, mostly from burning torches mounted on poles attached to the walkway.

The walkway continues onwards. If Kiun sticks to it, she'll eventually find a small room on the left. The room doesn't look very big, about the same size as the lift that brought her here. The front of the room consists of steel bars, with a gate of the same material in the middle. In the room there is a bed and nothing else, and standing inside is a rather attractive individual, apparently human and apparently male. He's wearing a pair of denim jeans and a black t-shirt. He smiles as he sees Kiun, and approaches. "Hey, pretty lady. What're you here for? Just visiting, or are you a release officer? I've served my time, I'm a good... boy, now." He's on the edge of supernaturally persuasive, enough to have an effect whilst also subtle and easily resisted.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

9. - Top - End - #189

[Brefaisil]

At this point, no. But it's hard to imagine under what circumstances he would delegate the job if he was well and present.

Breoite's expression hardens slightly. She hasn't stopped smiling, but it doesn't reach her eyes. Marcie might get the impression that she's offended her. "...Perhaps we should discuss this inside." She replies evasively. "You must be cold, and there is much to discuss."

Without waiting for an answer, Breoite (and her guards) will lead them through the door to the another balcony, this one overlooking an ornate bedroom, with a set of wrought-iron stairs spiraling down the wall to the floor below. The stairs stop by an oversized bed with red silk sheets and curtains. Breoite will stop a littls past that, at a heavy oak desk littered with parchment. She offers the chair there to Marcie, before taking a seat on the bed herself. Seth will be left to stand, it seems.

"Now, then." Breoite frowns. "You wanted to know what happened to Adea. I can't truthfully say I know. I can't even tell you that I know for certain something did happen to her. The Lovers are immortal, in all senses of the term. It should not be possible for one to die."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]