New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: Planeside 3

1. - Top - End - #511
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Planeside 3

[Palace of Orochi]

The dragon king smiles

"If you wish to return to the material world, I would be happy to relocate you wherever you wish to go. If, however, you wish to remain in shadows I can have a servant show you the way to your destination: it is completely up to you."

[Plane of Ice]

Inari smiles at Braeg, recognizing the flattery but enjoying it nonetheless

I learned so much once I completed my agreements with the Lord of Ice: it has opened many avenues to my work that I had never been able to overcome before, so yes: of course I am proud of my creations! But creativity has a cost, and I find much of my enjoyment as a creator comes from having others enjoy my work, so it seemed only natural to offer my work as a service to other people as they set up worlds or realms: simultaneously providing what I needed to continue my work, and spreading my work for the use and enjoyment of many.

She smirks

Not to mention giving an easy avenue for more people to become my followers, at least in part. But the mortal religion is something that came long after I first started my work. A very useful and profitable side-venture, to be sure, but at the core I am a creator, not a herdswoman.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2021-11-17 at 03:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Plane of Ice]

Braeg chuckles. "Shepherd or not, it seems your ability to preach the truth is undiminished." He idly runs his hand through the air as they walk, a coalescing mound of snow hopping along after him, taking on a ranine shape as his magic sculpts it to his whim. "...If you don't mind my asking." He begins, changing the subject. "What was the mystery to which that old windbag referred? He should know better than to pique my curiosity like that. It's been known to lead to catastrophe."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

3. - Top - End - #513
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Plane of Ice]

Inari sighs

I should have expected him to be petty like that... it's a simple enough thing to state the what of, but the why remains elusive...

While my avatar has been surrogate once, the children were not mine as such - I have no true children.

she chuckles

And it is not from lack of trying, mind you: I'm no chaste little maiden.

But then she considers also the minister's parting shot and looks around, suddenly distracted

This is my realm here... it should be safe enough...
    Last edited by Fenric; 2021-11-17 at 03:22 PM.

4. - Top - End - #514

Default [Plane of Ice]

"...Fascinating." Braeg strokes his beard in thought. "By sheer happenstance, you find yourself in a private demiplane with a proud father of legions, blessed by a goddess of nature and fertility, who happens to be quite smitten with you." He raises an eyebrow and gives an amused little smirk. "Small mystery why his mind wandered to the subject." Braeg gives Inari's hand an affectionate little pat, but otherwise keeps his own hands to himself; there's flirting, and then there's presumptions, and he's not about to go into the latter while in the private domain of a goddess several orders of magnitude outside his metaphysical weight class.

Not unless she asked him to, at any rate.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Scorching Depths
    "Fine." The gag disappears. "Aggravate can't help you now; he's wandered off. You'd better start at the beginning, and if you lie, I will know." She's not lying about that. It's difficult to lie to such a powerful psychic.

Palace of Orochi
    "I'd, uh, prefer to return to the material world. All this, uh, grey, uh, isn't really for me," Sekhmet replies. "You can, uh, drop me off at the temple where I came from, uh, or at GLoG."
    Last edited by bc56; 2021-11-17 at 05:56 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #516
    Orc in the Playground

Prison Realm

I don't have a physical eye; the ones in the reflection, though pretty, can't help me. So I'm using localised clairvoyance. This would let me see illusions, at least their presence. The face that I cannot see whatever is in that cell... I think it may have some ability to evade magical detection. That means it has something to hide. What do you know of it?
    "I am right here, y'know. I can hear you. Not that creepy flying dead thing, though. What's it want?" The child-crone frowns more at the Skull of Am-Het, a look of disgust upon her face. "I'd like to say I'm a person, not a creature. I have wants, desires, fears. Would you like it if I called you a creature?"
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #517

[Scorching Depths]

Slicer smirks as the gag is removed. "All right, then. I don't suppose it comes as any shock, knowing what we're here for..."

"A portal." Mendacity adds. "We wanted to use the portal in your realm to travel to the mortal plane. To escape."

"Obviously didn't go as planned." Perfidy adds. "We were hoping to ditch these two psychos. We didn't want them coming with us, but they blackmailed us with the threat of blowing the whole operation if we didn't bring them."

"And then with mulching afterwards."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-11-17 at 11:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Scorching Depths
    "I knew that." Even if she hadn't, it would hardly be surprising. Sekhmet frowns. "Then can you explain why you encouraged one of my minions to slip me Liquid Love?" She knows about that too. And probably most of the answers to the questions she's going to ask.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #519

[Scorching Depths]

"...We did?"

"I suppose the possibility was mentioned in passing..."

"I thought she was talking about, like, her boyfriend or something."

"She was gonna use that stuff on you? Damn. Sorry to have missed it."

"...Come to think of it, have you seen any other incubi around here?"

"No, but a few of the guards look like dudes to me."

"...Point."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

Scorching Depths
    "... Huh." Sekhmet knew these two weren't the brains of the operation, but this is ridiculous. "Then could you tell me what Aggravate and the Crone are doing right now?" She needs to locate them in case they're causing trouble. Also Spicer may have gotten them before she got to him, but she wouldn't be able to tell.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #521
    Pixie in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

The king nods

"Simply done: back to Inari's sanctuary you go!"

There is a brief swell of power and unless Skehmet resists, then away she goes! But time flows a little differently in the shadows so she will arrive there "now" and interrupt Felina's reading.

---

[Plane of Ice]

Inari smiles, pausing in her scanning for threats

Very impressive credentials... sadly, it has long since been established that the trouble does not lie with my partner. But it is no matter: for myself, I have long since accepted the situation and there is a good deal of enjoyment to be had in the trying, is there not?

She then turns with a start as she notices someone approaching, but it is merely a white-furred vixen with four tails dressed in silvery robes with navy trim who comes trotting up and bows reverently.

Your holiness! It is such an honor to have you visit.

Inari chuckles

Lord Braeg, this is Airi: my high priestess here on the Plane of Ice. She is a kitsune originally from the frozen islands north of Hokkaido on Earth. Airi, this is Lord Braeg of Lesser Wood. We are out enjoying ourselves and I wished for a peaceful retreat.

Airi bows to Braeg, but looks troubled

It is an honor, sir.

12. - Top - End - #522

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Scorching Depths
    "... Huh." Sekhmet knew these two weren't the brains of the operation, but this is ridiculous. "Then could you tell me what Aggravate and the Crone are doing right now?" She needs to locate them in case they're causing trouble. Also Spicer may have gotten them before she got to him, but she wouldn't be able to tell.
    [Scorching Depths]

"They'll be out searching for the portal right around now." Perfidy replies.

"Aggravate told Perry and me to keep making noise while they were gone, so you wouldn't notice they weren't with us." Mendacity adds. "...Worked a treat, didn't it?"

Obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Plane of Ice]

Inari smiles, pausing in her scanning for threats

Very impressive credentials... sadly, it has long since been established that the trouble does not lie with my partner. But it is no matter: for myself, I have long since accepted the situation and there is a good deal of enjoyment to be had in the trying, is there not?

She then turns with a start as she notices someone approaching, but it is merely a white-furred vixen with four tails dressed in silvery robes with navy trim who comes trotting up and bows reverently.

Your holiness! It is such an honor to have you visit.

Inari chuckles

Lord Braeg, this is Airi: my high priestess here on the Plane of Ice. She is a kitsune originally from the frozen islands north of Hokkaido on Earth. Airi, this is Lord Braeg of Lesser Wood. We are out enjoying ourselves and I wished for a peaceful retreat.

Airi bows to Braeg, but looks troubled

It is an honor, sir.
    [Plane of Ice]

For a schemer like Braeg, there isn't much more troubling than having someone inexplicably perturbed by his presence. There were things in motion now he wouldn't want Inari to know about, and for a moment, it looks as though Airi might have somehow caught wind of it and was trying to report it back to her goddess.

But then again, probably not. Braeg's machinations were well-hidden and well-protected. Neither Inari, nor anyone else, were likely to piece together what mischief he was up to.

So instead, he concludes that Airi is wary of him simply because of his obviously-fiendish nature. He gives the vixen a light chuckle and kneels so that he can look her in the eye. "Likewise." He smirks. "You have no need to worry. My intentions with your goddess are str- mostly honorable." Braeg quips.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

13. - Top - End - #523
    Pixie in the Playground

[Plane of Ice]

Oh, it's not Braeg's machinations that have her worried

Airi shakes her head

My sincerest apologies, honored guest: I would not presume to judge my goddess' love interests. But another that has long sought to ingratiate himself with the family has been lurking around again and has taken an unusual step to remain more hidden than usual. Nevertheless, he was seen at the Inside Halloween Party with your adopted mother, and my concern is that given his association with cold he will have noticed your arrival, my lady, and ...

here she looks at Braeg briefly

A rival from the "fiend" side of the aisle, as it were, is bound to incense him greatly.

Inari closes her eyes and looks considerably annoyed

You would think someone lawful would be better at taking "no" for an answer. And clearly that obnoxious Minister knew this as well...

She opens her eyes and contemplates the options

I do not appreciate being constrained, but facing the second-greatest Lord of the Nine Hells would be taxing away from my own territory...

Though I must admit that at this point I am about ready to say "bring it on"...

14. - Top - End - #524

Default [Plane of Ice]

"If I may state the obvious?" Braeg begins. "Clearly, your disinterest in him is not sufficient to dissuade him from pursuing you. As such, there is little need for you to trouble yourself with his expulsion; he need only know that he is out of bounds, not that those boundaries have been set by you. Between that, and his apparent choice to regard me as a rival... perhaps the most prudent choice would be to delegate the task of handling him to me."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

15. - Top - End - #525
    Pixie in the Playground

[Plane of Ice]

Airi looks aghast at Braeg, but Inari looks thoughtful

A fiendling as champion. Now there is a solution I truly have never thought of before... you are worthy of rewarding just for the novelty of that alone.

Airi blinks

But... my apologies Lord Braeg, but surely that would be suicide!

Inari arches an eyebrow

Would it now? He would be here just as much in an avatar as I am: limited in the extent of bringing his full power to bear. Braeg, however, is truly here himself and can call upon every resource he has - which would now include, as I just alluded to, being my champion.

And now she grins at Braeg

Now there is an offer you will not hear every day! So tell me, my fine fiendling Lord: will you be my champion?

16. - Top - End - #526

Default [Plane of Ice]

Braeg raises an eyebrow. "Well, I can't say I'm overly fond of the phrasing, but I won't object to the benefits." He smirks and spreads his hands. "And a man defending his beloved's honor... do you know of any older, more oft-told story than that?" He chuckles and clasps his hands together, rubbing them over each other either in anticipation to warm them from the excessive cold. "So, yes, I welcome the opportunity to be your champion."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

Scorching Depths
    Sekhmet will let them keep their illusions about how good their deception was for now. "Do you know where? I'm afraid they're not safe right now." Since everything has apparently gone wrong all at once, it seems likely.

Palace of Orochi
    And so Sekhmet vanishes, to reappear shortly in a different thread.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #528
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Plane of Ice]

Inari smiles with undisguised delight and rubs her hands together as well

No: I do not. And SO BE IT

Not that dear Braeg really needs any more confidence, but the rush of divine power that suddenly swells into him is not likely to be something he's experienced all that many times. Crackling, tingling, fantastic, raw power along with the knowledge of quite literally a billion years of swordwork practice. No "holy burning" in the slightest, if anything it's a little bit on the sappy side with Inari's current infatuation with him. He might possibly need a moment to recover his wits...

Inari looks off in the distance to one side

Ah... he didn't waste any time... Stop lurking around, Mephistopheles: I can sense you over there! I told you "no", and I meant and continue to mean it. Flattering my daughter or sneaking around and sweet talking Izanagi is not going to change anything: you are not my type.

The arch-devil doesn't dally, striding boldly in still wearing his guise of a human: devistatingly handsome, tall, and muscular with perfect raven-dark hair and jet black eyes and a cruel twist to his lips. He is dressed in a perfectly fitted medium gray business suit of finest silk, with black patent leather shoes. A set of designer sunglasses hang from his coat's breast pocket and glimpses of a watch peek out from his sleeve. The Lord of frozen Cania has arrived, choosing to remain as the terrible Agent Zero - a direct challenge to Inari.

But this sad, slightly better than mortal reject from a ruined world is, somehow? Clearly I have been following the wrong course: I should have regaled you with sorrowful tales of my defeats and played to your pity.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2021-11-18 at 04:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Prison Realm]
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    I don't have a physical eye; the ones in the reflection, though pretty, can't help me. So I'm using localised clairvoyance. This would let me see illusions, at least their presence. The face that I cannot see whatever is in that cell... I think it may have some ability to evade magical detection. That means it has something to hide. What do you know of it?
    "I am right here, y'know. I can hear you. Not that creepy flying dead thing, though. What's it want?" The child-crone frowns more at the Skull of Am-Het, a look of disgust upon her face. "I'd like to say I'm a person, not a creature. I have wants, desires, fears. Would you like it if I called you a creature?"
    "Pick better flattery." Kiun tells the skull. "People of all sorts find the eyes of creatures like me off-putting." But she doesn't really mind.

Ignoring the child-crone's insulted protests, she explains to the skull...
    "I believe this one is called 'the Eater of Innocents'. An undine, apparently; I am not familiar with the term. Appears human, but both old and young at once, and with an obviously F- magical source of water around her."

[Brefaisil]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    "With difficulty." The priest concedes. "The closest our world has ever come to manifesting an avatar of Absum is the sun itself. To then have said avatar walk upon the earth would be... counterproductive." The priest shuffles. "Most of Absum's teachings come from miracles and the theologians who study them. There are patterns to be seen... many people who commit the same sin and are smote by Absum are clearly displeasing him. Similarly, those he ordains into Lords and Ladies are clear examples of what sorts of things Absum values in his peoples. With a comprehensive enough history and careful study, these patterns can be gleaned and followed." The priest pauses before adding, "And when that is not sufficient, a handful of Lords, Ladies, and Thamar have also taken on the roles of prophets, using their divinity to stand in Absum's presence and not perish. One must be careful in listening to such messengers, however... we have seen instances of them adding their own words to Absum's."
    Marcie nods. This is coherent and matches what they've gleaned so far.
    "Not easy work, but society is much the better for it. Absum seems to be always watching and listening, but so distant from us down here. Has there been much prophecy recently, since the fall of the curse?"
    Rare, but not so rare that they can't be found out when they're making things up. That could be their best route to real information.
    "Hmm. Can you share more about the ordination of his Lords and Ladies?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #530
    Orc in the Playground

Prison Realm

I'm not trying to flatter those people, I'm trying to flatter you. A pity it didn't work. An ability to hide from magical detection would be greatly beneficial to a predator, especially one hunting people. Undines are lesser elementals, slightly fae. Linked to water and whimsy. This sounds more like a hag of some kind. More fae than elemental, embodiments of fairy tales. Which doesn't sound too bad, except they're the embodiments of more traditional fairy tales, warning children about dangerous places and risks.

21. - Top - End - #531

Default [Prison Realm]

"Also to those hiding from magical hunters." Kiun realizes. It shows a certain refinement in how things operate in the hag's world.

She turns to the water creature.
    "Why should we let you out?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #532
    Orc in the Playground

Prison Realm

The skull bobs in agreement.

"Because I'll help you get out of here. I know what's between the end of the walkway and the elevator up. And if that's not enough, if you get me out of here and then find yourself in trouble somewhere wet- a river, or a swimming pool, or whatever, call for me and I'll be there. Just submerge you head and call. You know they called me the Eater of Innocents; you know my name, too, right?" The water-hag tilts her head to one side and smiles slightly.

23. - Top - End - #533

Default [Prison Realm]

Kiun consider that for a moment. Call somewhere wet, that does have its uses, but, if this is a sort of elemental?
    No, they don't want that free.

"No."
    And with that she turns and continues along the walkway, watching the mirror if it comes along as she expects it to.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #534
    Orc in the Playground

Prison Realm

The girl shrugs and watches as Kiun and the skull leave. She wants them to come back, and let her out. But... whatever the skull is offering, she can't beat it. Or even match it. Not that she knows what it is.

The skull follows Kiun, keeping slightly behind her and turning regularly to make sure the Hands of Justice haven't disentangled themselves or escaped from the void back onto the path.

25. - Top - End - #535

Default [Prison Realm]

If the book is accurate, there should be one more occupied prison cell ahead.
    Then some amount of security, then another elevator.

"How did you come to be imprisoned here?" she asks the Skull as they walk.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #536

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Scorching Depths
    Sekhmet will let them keep their illusions about how good their deception was for now. "Do you know where? I'm afraid they're not safe right now." Since everything has apparently gone wrong all at once, it seems likely.
    [Scorching Depths]

"From what I heard, they're searching the bottoms of various lava rivers. With any luck, they should find that portal soon. How many places to search can there be, really?"

Perfidy gives Mendacity a look that implies even she is exasperated at how stupid a question that was.

"...Right." The succubus concedes, face flushing as she shuffles nervously.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Inari smiles with undisguised delight and rubs her hands together as well

No: I do not. And SO BE IT

Not that dear Braeg really needs any more confidence, but the rush of divine power that suddenly swells into him is not likely to be something he's experienced all that many times. Crackling, tingling, fantastic, raw power along with the knowledge of quite literally a billion years of swordwork practice. No "holy burning" in the slightest, if anything it's a little bit on the sappy side with Inari's current infatuation with him. He might possibly need a moment to recover his wits...

Inari looks off in the distance to one side

Ah... he didn't waste any time... Stop lurking around, Mephistopheles: I can sense you over there! I told you "no", and I meant and continue to mean it. Flattering my daughter or sneaking around and sweet talking Izanagi is not going to change anything: you are not my type.

The arch-devil doesn't dally, striding boldly in still wearing his guise of a human: devistatingly handsome, tall, and muscular with perfect raven-dark hair and jet black eyes and a cruel twist to his lips. He is dressed in a perfectly fitted medium gray business suit of finest silk, with black patent leather shoes. A set of designer sunglasses hang from his coat's breast pocket and glimpses of a watch peek out from his sleeve. The Lord of frozen Cania has arrived, choosing to remain as the terrible Agent Zero - a direct challenge to Inari.

But this sad, slightly better than mortal reject from a ruined world is, somehow? Clearly I have been following the wrong course: I should have regaled you with sorrowful tales of my defeats and played to your pity.
    [Plane of Ice]

"Now, now." Braeg chides playfully, twisting the granite ring on his finger. "See that you don't forget your manners, master Mephistopheles- good me, that's a mouthful, isn't it? Remember your manners, Steph." He chuckles. "It reflects badly on you if you don't. After all, if I'm a pathetic nobody, and yet have the lady's favor, while you do not... what, pray tell, does that make you?" A mischievous smirk builds up on his face as he strides up to the arch-devil, a confident swagger to his step. When he's close, he idly reaches over to pluck a bit of lint from the other man's suit. "Let's settle this like gentlemen. Or like creatures more clever than a pair of bucks ramming their antlers togther, at any rate."

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Brefaisil]

Marcie nods. This is coherent and matches what they've gleaned so far.
    "Not easy work, but society is much the better for it. Absum seems to be always watching and listening, but so distant from us down here. Has there been much prophecy recently, since the fall of the curse?"
    Rare, but not so rare that they can't be found out when they're making things up. That could be their best route to real information.
    "Hmm. Can you share more about the ordination of his Lords and Ladies?"
    [Brefaisil]

"There has not." The priest replies sadly. "Many of our present Lords are hesitant to approach Absum, as the strigoi curse makes it abnormally dangerous to do so. As such, we have seen less prophecy and more speculation in recent times; very little which can be called solid." He shifts in his seat between subjects. "As for Lords and Ladies, Absum and Adea both have been known to gift individuals of great merit with immortality and divine right of rulership in some corner of Maesda. In this manner, they stand as examples and leaders to the rest of us, from now until the end of time... however far or near that may be."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Scorching Depths
    The two succubi have no idea how large this kingdom is, or how many rivers of lava there are. It would take quite some time to search everywhere, especially since visibility under lava is very bad. And the portal itself is hidden and heavily guarded. "If there were a portal, and they found it, what makes you think they'll come back for you?" Sekhmet asks. It doesn't seem likely they would. There seemed to be little love lost between Aggravate and the two succubi when they met before.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #538

[Scorching Depths]

"...He's our..."

"We kind of..."

The succubi exchange glances and let out a collective sigh. "He's our friend." They say simultaneously.

"He's not like Spicer and Slicer."
    "We asked him to come with us."
    "Poor guy's been in the game too long."
    "We knew he hated it."
    "If it were us, and we found the portal..."
    "We'd do the same for him."
    "Every time."
    "I know, we kind of... clash, at times..."
    "But we've all been under a lot of stress, you know?"
    "He'll come back."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-11-19 at 12:38 AM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

Scorching Depths
    "I hope you're right." Sekhmet answers. Really, she does. She still feels sorry for the two succubi. "Now, as for you..." She turns to Slicer. "You're lucky I'm not in the mood to kill you in cold blood. But you won't be slicing another person again." She reaches up and closes her right hand around his, and squeezes hard enough to crush the hand to a pulp from which she can extricate his blades, then, if successful, will repeat the process with his left hand. It will be very painful.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #540

[Scorching Depths]

Slicer only barely sees it coming, a look of unbridled horror crossing his face as Sekhmet reaches for his hand. "No, no, no, don't you dare! You can't take these away from meeeeeeaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!" He screams in agony as the blades are removed, clattering uselessly to the floor. For insult to injury, one of the guards makes the call to go ahead and drop Slicer himself to the ground, so the now-mutilated demon can get an up close view of his severed fingers.

Perfidy and Mendacity stand back, understandably frightened of what they just witnessed. The queen was a fair bit less acceptant of being trifled with than they had been led to believe. And now they were at her mercy. Whoo boy.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]