New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: *RANT* Leather Armor Bothers me

Quote Originally Posted by Naanomi View Post
    So if you have a bunch of giant eelskin laying around you just toss it in the trash?
    If the process to convert it to armour costs more than 45gp, absolutely. And if it was that cheap, it wouldn't be a rare item worth thousands of gold.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

MonkGirl

Yeah looking only at PC use and market value, there are only a handful that anyone would ever bother enchanting... Studded leather, breastplate, half plate, ring, chain, and plate (and leather/hide depending on GM reading of how hard non-metal alternatives are to come by for druids)

Just like how there are several weapons you'd never enchant

Quote Originally Posted by Hytheter View Post
    If the process to convert it to armour costs more than 45gp, absolutely. And if it was that cheap, it wouldn't be a rare item worth thousands of gold.
    Well than what if it was? What if the hunters only pull up a giant purple eel intact every 10,000 years, but it rots away quickly unless enchanted. Except for some decorative stuff, the only use is to enchant magic leather armor; and virtually all of the cost of the end product is because of how rare is he eelskin is to begin with.

Then of course the shaman enchant it; maybe trying to make armor of swimming but the process is tricky and doesn't usually work. You sell or trade away most of it, for the status and novelty more than the protective value but it isn't shabby in war either. (Plus it resizes and resists corrosion and all the other basic magic item stuff as a bonus). And thus +1 leather disseminates into treasure chests and onto monster backs around the world.
    Last edited by Naanomi; 2021-08-31 at 12:56 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Boci View Post
    Yes, other non magical options. So if a player doesn't know studded leather exist, sure +1 leather looks like a neat upgrade. But if they are aware of this basic information then +1 leather seems lackluster not as a magical item, but as a very, very mild upgrade to a 45 gold mundane item.
    You called out +1 equipment, but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigreid View Post
    Really, the basic premise of the OP applies pretty broadly. Unless it's chainmail of the Effrete or whatever, why would you bother to enchant anything but the top armor in the category? I mean, +2 chain would be more expensive than plate armor and no better for example.
    This. Light armor specifically, I have way more problems with justifying padded armor- the advantages over leather are smaller then the advantages over studded and it has an added disadvantage.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    You called out +1 equipment, but whatever.
    An item can have multiple things wrong with it. And being lackluster compared to other magical items and a common mundane item is a good example of this.

Except for some decorative stuff, the only use is to enchant magic leather armor; and virtually all of the cost of the end product is because of how rare is he eelskin is to begin with.
    But unless the village cannot make studded leather, using the eel skin for decoration seems equally valid. You're putting a lot of effort into justify the existence of +1 leather armour with not insignificant world building requirements, when you could just make +1 armour more exciting by giving it a secondary minor ability, as other posters have pointed out.
    Last edited by Boci; 2021-08-31 at 01:47 PM.
    "It doesn't matter how much you struggle or strive,
    You'll never get out of life alive,
    So please kill yourself and save this land,
    And your last mission is to spread my command,"

Slightly adapted quote from X-Fusion, Please Kill Yourself

5. - Top - End - #65

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    This. Light armor specifically, I have way more problems with justifying padded armor- the advantages over leather are smaller then the advantages over studded and it has an added disadvantage.
    Padded armor looks cooler. That's an undisputable fact.
    It's Eberron, not ebberon.
    It's not high magic, it's wide magic.
    And it's definitely not steampunk. The only time steam gets involved is when the fire and water elementals break loose.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Well than what if it was? What if the hunters only pull up a giant purple eel intact every 10,000 years, but it rots away quickly unless enchanted. Except for some decorative stuff, the only use is to enchant magic leather armor; and virtually all of the cost of the end product is because of how rare is he eelskin is to begin with.

Then of course the shaman enchant it; maybe trying to make armor of swimming but the process is tricky and doesn't usually work. You sell or trade away most of it, for the status and novelty more than the protective value but it isn't shabby in war either. (Plus it resizes and resists corrosion and all the other basic magic item stuff as a bonus). And thus +1 leather disseminates into treasure chests and onto monster backs around the world.
    That's a lot of ifs... That being said, its a magical world so why not. This does absolutely give in world reasons for it to exist, although in a situation where only one is pulled up every 10,000 years and not all armor is successfully made it sounds like it would be a special ceremonial garb where there would be very few copies. However, this is something that differentiates it from a mundane plate, the story behind it.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Spoiler: 5e Subclass Contest Wins
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XIII-Rogue, Tavern Wench
    ● XV-Monk, Way of the Shrine Guardian
    ● XVI-Cleric, Madness Domain
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXI-Artificer, Battling Bowman
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

7. - Top - End - #67

MonkGirl

But unless the village cannot make studded leather, using the eel skin for decoration seems equally valid.
    Functionally they are... Decorative armor

Quote Originally Posted by nickl_2000 View Post
    not all armor is successfully made
    Sorry, I meant the shamans are trying to make 'leather armor of swim speed and breath underwater', but if they fail it still ends up as leather armor +1

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Functionally they are... Decorative armor
    So, a hunter gathering tribal society is producing a decorative ceremonial armour every 10k years?
    Last edited by Boci; 2021-08-31 at 02:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

MonkGirl

So, a hunter gathering tribal society is producing a decorative ceremonial armour every 10k years?
    The 10k year time frame is probably too long, but sure why not, magic armor doesn't fall apart over time after all. They make a dozen suits from the kill, if they have lost any they gift their chieftain and top hunters a set, and use the rest as supremely valuable trade goods with their close allies.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

The 10k year time frame is probably too long, but sure why not, magic armor doesn't fall apart over time after all. They make a dozen suits from the kill, if they have lost any they gift their chieftain and top hunters a set, and use the rest as supremely valuable trade goods with their close allies.
    That's still less than 1 suit every 800 years. I know D&D worlds tend to be stasis locked, but you don't have t lean into that aspect so hard.

Really though I just don't see what the point is, or how this will add to the game, other than letting the DM say "Um actually" when the player bitch about finding +1 leather and how pointless crafting such a thing would be. It seems more interesting and fun to just give the +1 leather some secondary ability, like the swim one you mentioned but had the shaman fail to achieve.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly, I think you could cut the armor table down to seven entries (eight if you really wanted to keep Hide around) without losing anything. Those entries being:

• Studded Leather (light)
    • Scale Mail (medium)
    • Breastplate (medium)
    • Half-Plate (medium)
    • Chain Mail (heavy)
    • Splint (heavy)
    • Plate (heavy)

Then you have a clear hierarchy:

Light armor users purely upgrade their AC through improving their dexterity. Even if your dexterity isn't great, wearing Studded Leather is better than wearing nothing.
    Medium armor users partially upgrade their AC through improving their dexterity (and taking the Medium Armor Master feat), and partially upgrade it through buying better armor. They also get the option of using shields, which are Very Good.
    Heavy armor users purely upgrade their AC through buying better armor. They also can use shields, and don't have to care about dexterity in the slightest.

If you did this, I'd also revise the Medium Armor Master feat to be a flat +1 AC and no disadvantage on stealth while wearing medium armor (with maybe a +1 to Str or Dex if that still feels too weak).

/rant
    Last edited by Amechra; 2021-08-31 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Just because some murderhobo adventurers don't have to worry about money shouldn't mean it's not a balancing factor.

The difference in cost between leather and studded leather is going to mean a lot when you're equipping a couple of thousand troops.

13. - Top - End - #73

MonkGirl

That's still less than 1 suit every 800 years. I know D&D worlds tend to be stasis locked, but you don't have t lean into that aspect so hard.

Really though I just don't see what the point is, or how this will add to the game, other than letting the DM say "Um actually" when the player bitch about finding +1 leather and how pointless crafting such a thing would be. It seems more interesting and fun to just give the +1 leather some secondary ability, like the swim one you mentioned but had the shaman fail to achieve.
    The 10k years was arbitrary. Make or 100 years, 50 years, whatever.

I can't think of anyone a player has 'bitched about loot' (though I rarely randomize such things at my table)... But the efficacy here kinds of depends on my goals. If I want to model a rational tribal economy, probably this fails. If I want to put rational backstory to the leather armor +1 in a stash (probably the only in the campaign, magic items are not rolled that often) then I think this does a fine job

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Put me in the camp that would rather they remove studded leather making regular leather the default light armour.

As to why non-optimal weapons and armor, the simplest explanation is areas of heavy magic. If the weapon/armour sits in a dragon's hoard for a couple centuries the simple closeness to the dragon imbues the item with magic, similarly an area flooded with wild magic surges will over time imbue items left there with magic.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

The 10k years was arbitrary. Make or 100 years, 50 years, whatever.

I can't think of anyone a player has 'bitched about loot' (though I rarely randomize such things at my table)... But the efficacy here kinds of depends on my goals. If I want to model a rational tribal economy, probably this fails. If I want to put rational backstory to the leather armor +1 in a stash (probably the only in the campaign, magic items are not rolled that often) then I think this does a fine job
    But if you want to give that much of a backstory to a suit of magical armour, wouldn't you want players to keep it because they found it cool and fun? Maybe some players are interested in glorified studded mail, but I feel adding some extra ability, even a minor one like something that helps with swimming, or electric resistance 1/short rest if the eel happened to be electric, would greatly broaden the item's appeal.

16. - Top - End - #76

MonkGirl

But if you want to give that much of a backstory to a suit of magical armour, wouldn't you want players to keep it because they found it cool and fun? Maybe some players are interested in glorified studded mail, but I feel adding some extra ability, even a minor one like something that helps with swimming, or electric resistance 1/short rest if the eel happened to be electric, would greatly broaden the item's appeal.
    I think of the place in the setting for every magic item (barring sometimes scrolls and potions), doesn't everyone do that?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I think of the place in the setting for every magic item (barring sometimes scrolls and potions), doesn't everyone do that?
    But presumably not every magical item is that interesting. I assume sometimes a +1 warhammer is "This was commissioned for a noble's son, he fought with it and was buried with it", which is a perfectly functional backstory for a magic weapon, but not as interesting as "this +1 leather armour comes from a tribe that hunted very rare giant purple eels every 100 years, meticulously skinned them and then had the shaman enchant them trying to capture the eel's swimming power". And if I came up with a backstory like that for an item, which I do sometimes, I would want it to be mechanically interesting enough to catch the player's attention not, "Huh, so this is basically studded leather. Well we can always sell it". vs. "huh, so studded leather, but it also gives (insert minor bonus ability). I guess I'll wear it"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanarii View Post
    The difference in cost between leather and studded leather is going to mean a lot when you're equipping a couple of thousand troops.
    Eh, if you're a pre-modern culture that's actually planning on having a professional military, you can afford to give them the good stuff. If you aren't, just delegate the whole "find equipment for your soldiers" thing to the people who swore fealty to you. Yeah, sure, that's probably going to result in a lot of peasant soldiers being dragged to war with a spear, a helmet, and maybe a shield, but you're the one who wanted the cheap option.
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    Eh, if you're a pre-modern culture that's actually planning on having a professional military, you can afford to give them the good stuff. If you aren't, just delegate the whole "find equipment for your soldiers" thing to the people who swore fealty to you. Yeah, sure, that's probably going to result in a lot of peasant soldiers being dragged to war with a spear, a helmet, and maybe a shield, but you're the one who wanted the cheap option.
    Padded armour is 5 gold, so even peasant would likely have it if they've been given spears and shields. Sure, maybe it should be moved to the DMG, but I can see an argument for keeping them in the game.

20. - Top - End - #80

MonkGirl

Which is why every Greek soldier had a breastplate and full greaves and... Oh wait...

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Exclamation Re: *RANT* Leather Armor Bothers me

If you've got the bodies, you can equip 4.5x the troops in Leather as Studded leather. That probably means something like a 15% reduction in losses to all your troops, instead of a 20% reduction in losses to less than 1/5 of them.

Of course, hide cost only 2x leather for the same benefit as Studded, since most of your troops probably won't have +3 Dex. And Ring Mail is only 3x, and provided better protection to anyone without a +1 Dex. Basically, studded leather probably never gets seen in use outside of adventurers.

As far as enchanting goes ... adventurers are the ones that can afford to pay for such things. So it's a good argument that you probably shouldn't see it enchanted that much.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

The circumstance described by the OP, where ostensibly more valuable magical Leather is of equal quality to the much cheaper Studded Leather, seems like just another reason why generic +X weapons and armor should be a thing of the past. This is coming from someone who deeply does not miss the Enhancement Bonus/Armor Check Penalty meta of 3rd Edition, of which this problem seems like a vestigial remnant.

I also share many people's aesthetic complaints about prevalence of Leather & Studded Leather Armor in the game, but aesthetic complaints are also easier to fix by simply appealing to the DM; I've never had a DM so intolerant that they said "no, you're not allowed to describe your Studded Leather as something more historically plausible, you have to describe it like what's in the book."
    The desire to appear clever often impedes actually being so.

What makes the vanity of others offensive is the fact that it wounds our own.

Quarrels don't last long if the fault is only on one side.

Nothing is given so generously as advice.

We hardly ever find anyone of good sense, except those who agree with us.

-Francois, Duc de La Rochefoucauld

23. - Top - End - #83

MonkGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Catullus64 View Post
    The circumstance described by the OP, where ostensibly more valuable magical Leather is of equal quality to the much cheaper Studded Leather, seems like just another reason why generic +X weapons and armor should be a thing of the past. This is coming from someone who deeply does not miss the Enhancement Bonus/Armor Check Penalty meta of 3rd Edition, of which this problem seems like a vestigial remnant
    While I agree in practice and rarely use 'plain' magic items much; there are a *lot* of fictional and mythological weapons that are basically 'um, a sword but like... Better...'

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Which is why every Greek soldier had a breastplate and full greaves and... Oh wait...
    You're probably thinking of hoplites, who were all (comparatively) rich people.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Catullus64 View Post
    The circumstance described by the OP, where ostensibly more valuable magical Leather is of equal quality to the much cheaper Studded Leather, seems like just another reason why generic +X weapons and armor should be a thing of the past. This is coming from someone who deeply does not miss the Enhancement Bonus/Armor Check Penalty meta of 3rd Edition, of which this problem seems like a vestigial remnant.

I also share many people's aesthetic complaints about prevalence of Leather & Studded Leather Armor in the game, but aesthetic complaints are also easier to fix by simply appealing to the DM; I've never had a DM so intolerant that they said "no, you're not allowed to describe your Studded Leather as something more historically plausible, you have to describe it like what's in the book."
    Agreed here.

I'm generally of the opinion that what's more important for the various armor types is some sense of "How hard is this to acquire" than a literal description.

Like, for Leather vs Studded Leather, I'd say that Studded Leather is "Any light armor that is somewhat tricky to make or acquire" while Leather armor is "Light armor that is easy to acquire".

"Studded Leather" can be "Leather made from rare, especially tough hides" or "Especially well crafted leather armor" or "Cloth armor woven from specially treated giant spider silk". The Important thing is that it's easy to move in, provides decent protection, and costs about 45 gold pieces.

Plain +1 magic leather armor, with the exception of somebody who pulls out the old "Druids can't wear any metal" thing...is kind of a waste of a spot on the magic item table, unless it's coming with some other cool effect, and the +1 is just there to make it AC equal to studded leather, but aesthetically just plain leather.

Which seems like a waste of game text to me, vs saying "This is Studded Leather Armor with the following effect".
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

While I agree in practice and rarely use 'plain' magic items much; there are a *lot* of fictional and mythological weapons that are basically 'um, a sword but like... Better...'
    But even the "like a sword, but better" mythical weapons did stuff like cleaving through three men at a time, piercing through solid steel, or, in some cases, being metaphysically deadly, such that they are incapable of striking someone without killing them. Hardly the stuff of a 5-15% increase in the probability of landing a slightly-more-than-normal blow.
    Last edited by Catullus64; 2021-08-31 at 05:21 PM.
    The desire to appear clever often impedes actually being so.

What makes the vanity of others offensive is the fact that it wounds our own.

Quarrels don't last long if the fault is only on one side.

Nothing is given so generously as advice.

We hardly ever find anyone of good sense, except those who agree with us.

-Francois, Duc de La Rochefoucauld

27. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

To be fair, from the perspective of an average Joe with a +1 ability modifier and proficiency, something like a +1 longsword is mechanically about 25–30% deadlier than its mundane counterpart. That's not nothing. But yes, I do agree that plain +X bonuses are boring and should be replaced or augmented with more interesting traits.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Why not just rename studded leather to brigandine armour? Or would brigandine armour be medium?
    Brigandine should be similar to Breastplate. Scale Armour is as good as Breastplate, just noisier... and Brigandine is basically Scale Armour between two layers of cloth or leather, so probably less noisy than Scale Armour...

You could also made Brigandine similar to Chain Shirt, if it lacks sleeves and skirt (unlike the Scale Armour).

As for Leather Armour, Scale Mail and Ring Mail... there shouldn't be magical versions of these. They should be restricted to poor people who can't afford Studded Leather, Breastplates or Half Plates.

Studded Leather Armour isn't historical, but you can claim that it's Leather Armour with some scales or plates protecting key places, just like the greek linothorax was made of linen as main material, but it had bronze plates and scales as reinforcement... or you could just call it Linothorax and be done with it...

Ring Mail didn't exist either, but I guess you could call it Lamellar Armour. Historical lamellar armour wasn't inferior to Chain Mail (hauberk), but since most historical lamellar lacked protection for arms and legs, I guess that could explain why it offers less protection than Chain Mail.

EDIT: Some time ago I made an armour table replacing the armour names with other more historically correct ones:

Quote Originally Posted by Clistenes View Post
    I don't like the stats of armor we are given in the Player Handbook, and I thought of replacing it with something more similar to historical armor.

What I have thought is this:

Armor (all include a helmet) Cost Armor Class Strength Stealth Weight
    Light Armor
    Light Gambeson (usually worn under mail)
    Linothorax without metal reinforcement.
    Leather Coleto (a buffalo leather cuirass used by Spanish arquabusiers)
    Buff Coat (similar to those used by Cromwell’s New Model Army)
    10 gp 11+Dex modifier 8 lb.
    Padded Jack (layers of linen faced with heavy canvas of flexible leather)
    Chinese Paper and Cloth Armor
    15 gp 12+Dex modifier Disadvantage (making it thick enough to resist axes blows and sword slashes also makes it harder to sneak around uninhindered). 10 lb.
    Buffalo or Elkskin-faced Padded Jack with metal reinforcement in key areas (vambraces, greaves, gorget or aventail)
    Boiled Leather Cuirass combined with Padding (CuChulainn’s armor)
    Boiled Leather Lamellar combined with Padding (mongolian armor)
    Linothorax with metal scales and plates.
    45 gp 12+Dex modifier 13 lb.
    Medium Armor (all include padding)
    Chain Shirt
    Brigandine (without sleeves or leggins)
    50 gp 13+Dex modifier (max 2) 20 lb.
    Scale Mail 50 gp 14+Dex modifier (max 2) Disadvantage 45 lb.
    Breastplate
    Banded Plate (classic Roman Legionnaire armor)
    100 gp 14+Dex modifier (max 2) 20 lb.
    Half Plate 750 gp 15+Dex modifier (max 2) Disadvantage 40 lb.
    Heavy Armor (all include padding)
    Chain Mail (Hauberk) 75 gp 15 Str 13 Disadvantage 55 lb.
    Brigandine (with chainmail sleeves and leggins) 125 gp 16 Str 13 Disadvantage 55 lb.
    Cataphract Armor
    Brigandine (with plate or splint arms and legs protection)
    Steel Lamellar (with plate or splint arms and legs protection)
    400 gp 17 Str 15 Disadvantage 60 lb.
    Plate 1500 gp 18 Str 15 Disadvantage 65 lb.
    Shield
    Shield 10 gp +2 6 lb.
    Last edited by Clistenes; 2021-08-31 at 06:20 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

I have to laugh, I replaced the entire weapons & armor tables with:

Armor:
    Light (cheap): AC 11 + Dex (max 5) eg. cloth
    Light (quality): AC 13 + Dex (max 5) eg. lamellar
    Medium (cheap): AC 13 + Dex (max 3) eg. scale
    Medium (quality): AC 15 + Dex (max 3) eg. chain
    Heavy (cheap): AC 15 + Dex (max 1), Requires Str 13 eg. splint
    Heavy (quality): AC 17 + Dex (max 1) Requires Str 15 eg. plate

Small shield: +1 AC, interaction to don/doff, requires light armor proficiency
    Big shield: +2 AC, action to don/doff, requires medium armor proficiency

Simple Weapons:
    Dagger: 1d4 Light, Finesse, Thrown (20' / 60')
    Bludgeon: 1d6 Light, Finesse
    Thrown: 1d6 Light, Thrown (40' / 120')
    Staff: 1d6 Versatile
    Spear: 1d6 Reach
    Sling: 1d6 Ranged, Ammunition (80' / 320')

Martial Weapons:
    Axe/Flail/Hammer/Pick: 1d8 Versatile
    Polearm: 1d10 Reach, Two Handed
    Sword: 1d6 Finesse, Light, Versatile
    Zweihander: 1d12 or 2d6 Two Handed
    Bow: 1d8 Ranged, Ammunition (120' / 480'), Two Handed
    Crossbow: 1d10 Ranged, Ammunition (100' / 400'), Loading, Two Handed

Note: Thrown weapons can be drawn freely like ammunition.
    Last edited by Kane0; 2021-08-31 at 06:55 PM.
    Roll for it
    5e Houserules and Homebrew
    Old Extended Signature
    Awesome avatar by Ceika

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

I wonder when they decided to make +1 always cost the same amount no matter what was enchanted. I know 3.5 had it that way as well; but I don't remember for editions before that. In videogames that aren't directly adapted from a system, they tend to just tweak the cost so most things are reasonable (my vague memories of bards tale).

Is the clarity/simplicity of a +1 always costing the same amount worth the effect of it limiting which items are worth enchanting?
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system