New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default [Dungeon World] Slipstream Warrior Question

I have a question on how exactly the Slipstream Warrior's ability Sharp Thoughts works. Is it intended to mimic an existing weapon but with the extra tags added, or does it create a new "item" that has only the listed tags? I'm trying to build a nimble warrior so I'd like my psychic weapon to be usable with Dex. If the ability mimics an existing weapon, I can just make a psychic rapier and I'm good to go, but otherwise I might have to change my concept. Thoughts? If it comes down to a DM ruling, how would you rule it at your table?
    Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
    In the forests of the night;
    What immortal hand or eye,
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

-excerpt from "The Tyger" by William Blake

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: [Dungeon World] Slipstream Warrior Question

I read it as creating a new item; you wouldn't be able to get the Precise tag unless you're an elf (or talk to your DM about getting the elf ancestry thingy for Slipstream Warrior, which grants precise).
    Last edited by aimlessPolymath; 2021-10-12 at 03:26 PM.
    My one piece of homebrew: The Shaman. A Druid replacement with more powerlevel control.
    The bargain bin- malfunctioning, missing, and broken magic items.
    Spirit Barbarian: The Barbarian, with heavy elements from the Shaman. Complete up to level 17.
    The Priest: A cleric reword which ran out of steam. Still a fun prestige class suitable for E6.
    The Coward: Not every hero can fight.