A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 530
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Cloudcuckooland, USA

    Default Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    This is the 22nd edition of the Order of the Stick Trivia thread, still going strong after almost 15 years!

    Here are the rules for any newcomers:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rules
    1. The first player to answer a question correctly, asks the next one.
    2. If that player doesn't have a question immediately in mind, then state "Open Question" ("OQ") and let someone else ask.
    3. Questions have to have an answer that is demonstrated by at least one, and no more than three, canon online strips. (No bonus material, either online or in the books.)
    4. No counting questions with more than 3 parts. For example, "How many times has Roy said 'the'?" violates this rule.
    5. If the answer given is not the answer expected, but still technically answers the question, allow it. You can rephrase and ask your question again later.
    6. There's a difference between rephrasing—finding a different, more precise way to word the question so it has a smaller number of possible answers—and just simply rewriting to rule out the last answer. Don't do the latter. (If you are unsure, just ask.)
    7. If an answer is given that in no way is correct, then players can call attention to the fact. At that point, there may be 2 questions occurring at the same time. The 1st question that was incorrectly answered is the valid question. The second question may be answered, but for no prize (aka asking the next question).
    8. If your response is ninja'd, that is if someone beats you with the correct answer, please edit your post stating, "ninja'd, please answer above question".
    9. After 24 hours without an answer, please provide a hint. After an additional 24 hours pass, please provide the answer and take pride that you have stumped us all. If you won't be around to provide a hint (hiking Mt. Everest or doing some other activity without internet), rot-13 is a good way to hide your hint so you can post it in advance.
    10. Recognize that this is a game. It is supposed to be quick and fun. If a question seems to go beyond the rules, assume that the author is not familiar with the rules, and point them out. If the author affirms that the question is allowable within the rules, then continue with the game. If the question turns out to be not allowable, it becomes an open question. Groan and move on.
    11. Questions along the lines of "when was the first time X happened/was mentioned" are not allowed because to prove that they never happened before, one would have to link to every strip before it, which is unreasonable and would break the no-more-than-three-strips rule. They are permitted if the answer is in the first three strips, however.


    From the last thread, courtesy of ShadowSandbag: Find me a fire escape plan.
    A student by vocation, a D&Der by avocation (a wizard by evocation).

    Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    In case of fire, use stairs for looting


    Who - apparently - wants to be just like Belkar when they grow up?
    Last edited by Squire Doodad; 2021-09-03 at 12:14 AM.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question


  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Find a proof, unrelated to Vampire Durkon, that Dracula exists in OotSverse.
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

    Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Jasdoif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon, USA

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Havran View Post
    Find a proof, unrelated to Vampire Durkon, that Dracula exists in OotSverse.
    Bookending a spectrum with Julio.

    OQ.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ron Miel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    The Giant's work contains a few trivial spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, incorrect punctuation, and so on. Find one such apparent error, that later turned out to be correct and deliberate.
    .
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

    .

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    The Giant's work contains a few trivial spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, incorrect punctuation, and so on. Find one such apparent error, that later turned out to be correct and deliberate.
    The red color really should have been a clue.

    OQ
    Spoiler: Avatar by always-awesome Cuthalion
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show
    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seward View Post
    Only sorcerers/favored souls etc get to always use every spell they know.
    All five of them, that is.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Find me a red flowerpot. It just needs to be some sort of red-colored container with flowers in it.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Last edited by b_jonas; 2021-09-04 at 10:18 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Find me Elan making music with his lute, without singing along to it.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    Find me Elan making music with his lute, without singing along to it.
    Does #0001 count? He doesn't have a speech bubble or text there.
    It's repeated in #0034.

    If that's a win, OQ.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Oh jeez. Well, FWIW, in the one I had in mind he doesn't even have his mouth open. But yeah, those'll do.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    Oh jeez. Well, FWIW, in the one I had in mind he doesn't even have his mouth open. But yeah, those'll do.
    (Was it this one?)
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2021-09-05 at 01:47 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    This one, although yours meets the "full" criteria too.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    I was close enough (quite literally), then!


    Anyway, a question: find 30 tree trunks on a single panel!

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Metastachydium: I understand you say trunks because some of the forest scenes around the bandit camp show a lot of trees, but without their trunks. But 30 is a lot. The only one I can think of is the splash panel of the goblin city in GDGU p. 91. There's the gate of the dam made of 9 trunks, plus we can see a wall and a gate with about 45 plants that we can individually count, and each of those big planks must have taken at least half a tree trunk to make.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Metastachydium: I understand you say trunks because some of the forest scenes around the bandit camp show a lot of trees, but without their trunks. But 30 is a lot. The only one I can think of is the splash panel of the goblin city in GDGU p. 91. There's the gate of the dam made of 9 trunks, plus we can see a wall and a gate with about 45 plants that we can individually count, and each of those big planks must have taken at least half a tree trunk to make.
    It's 30 tree trunks (all of them belonging to happy trees that are very much alive), in a single panel, no less. Main, online comic. I counted them.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    There's at most 6 shown in Cliffport, so sadly it's not there.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    It's 30 tree trunks (all of them belonging to happy trees that are very much alive), in a single panel, no less. Main, online comic. I counted them.
    Do the trunks themselves need to be visible, or would 30 individual happy trees that are very much alive (which obviously must have trunks) suffice?
    Spoiler: Avatar by always-awesome Cuthalion
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show
    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seward View Post
    Only sorcerers/favored souls etc get to always use every spell they know.
    All five of them, that is.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Do the trunks themselves need to be visible, or would 30 individual happy trees that are very much alive (which obviously must have trunks) suffice?
    Happy Stickverse trees without visible trunks are a bit difficult to count, but if you find 30 happy and countable trees without visible trunks, it'll sure do.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    I claim that the penultimate panel here has 14 trees in the foreground and ~24 in the background.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-09-06 at 08:36 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    I claim that my trees, on the cusp of invading Valhalla, are way happier than b_jonas's trees, having a fiery demon devil in their midst.

    (OQ from me anyway)
    Last edited by enq; 2021-09-06 at 07:15 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Happy Stickverse trees without visible trunks are a bit difficult to count, but if you find 30 happy and countable trees without visible trunks, it'll sure do.
    Well, since the trunks seem to have been found, be happy in the knowledge that there totally is a panel with over 30 individual happy Strickverse trees without visible trunks (34 by my count, but it gets hard to tell at some point).

    ETA: Dangit, missed that enq already pointed it out.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-09-06 at 08:41 AM.
    Spoiler: Avatar by always-awesome Cuthalion
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show
    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seward View Post
    Only sorcerers/favored souls etc get to always use every spell they know.
    All five of them, that is.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    That's the one (although if there's a tree no. 31, I can't seem to find it), so good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    I claim that my trees, on the cusp of invading Valhalla, are way happier than b_jonas's trees, having a fiery demon devil in their midst.

    (OQ from me anyway)
    That's a fair point, you know, so even better job!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    be happy in the knowledge that there totally is a panel with over 30 individual happy Strickverse trees without visible trunks (34 by my count, but it gets hard to tell at some point).
    I am happy!

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Apologies if I'm missing one, but it looks like its an Open Question:
    Find me a Spell that makes a "Slurp" sound.

    HINT
    At least 2 people have cast this spell, one of them is Durkon.

    ANSWER
    Sometimes you just get Slurped up by the earth.

    OQ
    Last edited by ShadowSandbag; 2021-09-09 at 08:32 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2021

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSandbag View Post
    Apologies if I'm missing one, but it looks like its an Open Question:
    Find me a Spell that makes a "Slurp" sound.

    HINT
    At least 2 people have cast this spell, one of them is Durkon.

    ANSWER
    Sometimes you just get Slurped up by the earth.

    OQ
    the meld into stone sound effect is sPlurp, not slurp.

    Q: Go here: https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0433.html

    See that hobgoblin? The first one Belkar calls "Duck"? Where do we see him again? (not in the same strip)
    Last edited by Wintermoot; 2021-09-09 at 11:06 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    In the last panel here.

    Find me three strips featuring graffiti.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ron Miel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    .
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

    .

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXII: Find Me An Original Question

    Find me mention of a magically-oriented olympic sport.

    Qarr saying he's missing them doesn't count, this is a magic thing.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •