New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings (2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    And his sister said she trained HERSELF while he was on trainning bordering with torture... and she is better then him? I smell ****e.
    This seems like an unfair reading. They fight exactly once, in a fight she's clearly prepared for and he's in shock to be fighting his sister and is unwilling to actually fight. I don't think we have any idea who would win a fight if they went all out. That's clearly being set up, given the ending, so we'll see and I'll be shocked if she wins (ETA) due to anything but surprise. Also, we're seeing her after an addition six years of self-training (via rather direct copying of the training Shang-Chi and other members of the 10 Rings were doing) and four years out in the world fighting folks.

Now, there's certainly a question of, she went out into the world of the Snap and set up an underground fight club? That was really what was needed and profitable? But the MCU is doubling down real hard on the notion that things weren't that different during the Snap (everywhere but in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, at least). Hence how Hawkeye could be running around butchering criminals instead of (both him and the criminals) struggling to survive.

Aquafina... that's a weird name wasn't she this dolphin rapper in BoJack? got superduper good with bow and arrow after one day of training... beacause of course she did.
    I'd assumed the Awkwafina played Aquafina, but apparently not? And the BoJack wiki claims that that character is based on Christina Aguilera? That is a weird coincidence, if it is a coincidence.

I objected to Katy taking the shot above, but to be fair to the show, there's no indication that this is an incredibly hard shot or anything, just that it has to be made and the other archers are a bit busy dying. Now, I missed the archery training section (bathroom break) so I don't know how that went and can't comment.

I miss times where male lead was allowed to be good at something without being humiliated by 'a brave strong and powerful female'.
    This seems incredibly unfair given how good at combat we're shown Shang-Chi is. You'll notice his sister never even tries to fight their father, or figures out the magical monk power-up, or does much of anything in Ta-Lo besides fight a losing battle against the 10 Rings, then fight a losing battle against the monsters, then need to be rescued along with everyone else by Shang-Chi.

The closest Shang-Chi comes to humiliation comes at the hands of his father and even that isn't really humiliation because he keeps on coming back for another fight.
    Last edited by ecarden; 2021-09-08 at 08:51 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32

Hmm so basically the plot of this movie is that superpowered martial artist has to go back to magicla kingdom he came from and despite being said as being top martial artist trianed from childhood to be this undefeatable warrior he is outperformed and humiliated on every step... I have Iron Fist flashbacks...

And his sister said she trained HERSELF while he was on trainning bordering with torture... and she is better then him? I smell ****e
    That's one reading of the story. Here's another that skews closer to the actual narrative of the movie.

Shang-Chi was FORCED to learn martial arts while being tortured for seven years from 7 to 14. It's not something he actively sought out. Something he had begrudgingly forced upon him. I would expect someone enthused to learn martial arts who put effort into learning it to be a better student than someone being forced to do it.

Add to that that, by all appearances, Shang Chi STOPPED training at 14 years old and spent 10 years drinking, working minimum wage jobs, slacking off and trying hard to lose everything he had learned whereas his Sister spent those same 10 years honing her craft, continuing her training and participating in non-practice cage fights in order to get stronger and better.

Yeah, I wonder why she might be better than him. If anything the movie UNDERSOLD how much better she should be than him.

Aquafina... that's a weird name wasn't she this dolphin rapper in BoJack? got superduper good with bow and arrow after one day of training... beacause of course she did.
    As I stated, I don't even know who she is, but her name is spelled Awkwafina, not like the bottled water. I have never seen BoJack Horseman either. And, yeah, the getting real good at archery in one montage scene was annoying and silly.

I miss times where male lead was allowed to be good at something without being humiliated by 'a brave strong and powerful female'.
    aaaand now I'm done interacting with you.

3. - Top - End - #33

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermoot View Post
    That's one reading of the story. Here's another that skews closer to the actual narrative of the movie.

Shang-Chi was FORCED to learn martial arts while being tortured for seven years from 7 to 14. It's not something he actively sought out. Something he had begrudgingly forced upon him. I would expect someone enthused to learn martial arts who put effort into learning it to be a better student than someone being forced to do it.

Add to that that, by all appearances, Shang Chi STOPPED training at 14 years old and spent 10 years drinking, working minimum wage jobs, slacking off and trying hard to lose everything he had learned whereas his Sister spent those same 10 years honing her craft, continuing her training and participating in non-practice cage fights in order to get stronger and better.

Yeah, I wonder why she might be better than him. If anything the movie UNDERSOLD how much better she should be than him.
    That's a possible read, but we do actually see that Shang-Chi is at a minimum maintaining physical condition. We don't see him training, but we do see him exercising. More crucially, I really don't think the cage fight tells us anything about their respective skills, as Shang-Chi is (if I'm remembering) explicitly not trying to fight her.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermoot View Post

aaaand now I'm done interacting with you.
    that's of course one way to ave a conversation, still I don't know what ave I done that offended you?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Catullus64 View Post
    I liked the movie and don't have much to say about it, apart from one petty fanboy gripe:

Spoiler
    Show
    Was anyone disappointed that what appeared from the trailers to be Fin Fang Foom just turned out to be the far less interesting Abomination?
    I didn't hear anyone suggesting that - in fact, though from early on the identity was known. I can see the disappointment retrospectively though!

Quote Originally Posted by ecarden View Post
    That's a possible read, but we do actually see that Shang-Chi is at a minimum maintaining physical condition. We don't see him training, but we do see him exercising. More crucially, I really don't think the cage fight tells us anything about their respective skills, as Shang-Chi is (if I'm remembering) explicitly not trying to fight her.
    Exactly. If Shang-Chi isn't fighting back and just standing there, I'm pretty sure I can take him...or at least knock him down before I get too tired.

- M
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season V-VI-VII

6. - Top - End - #36

Daemon

This seems like an unfair reading. They fight exactly once, in a fight she's clearly prepared for and he's in shock to be fighting his sister and is unwilling to actually fight. I don't think we have any idea who would win a fight if they went all out. That's clearly being set up, given the ending, so we'll see and I'll be shocked if she wins (ETA) due to anything but surprise. Also, we're seeing her after an addition six years of self-training (via rather direct copying of the training Shang-Chi and other members of the 10 Rings were doing) and four years out in the world fighting folks.
    Hmm. Yeah, pretty good points. Yeah, I might have misinterpret some things.

The closest Shang-Chi comes to humiliation comes at the hands of his father and even that isn't really humiliation because he keeps on coming back for another fight.
    Oh come on, the kick in the balls from his sister was 100% unnecessary.

And yes, Awkwafina and Aquafina are absolutely not related, and pure coincidence. On my defense - I never saw their names in writing, only heard in talk.
    Last edited by Cen; 2021-09-08 at 01:40 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

You miss present day? What a strange sentiment.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

8. - Top - End - #38
    Spamalot in the Playground

Saw it, loved it!

Spoiler: First post-credit scene
    Show
    Yes, please put Carol and Wong in more things.

I wonder what signal the rings were sending, and to who/where? Or where they came from for that matter.

Spoiler: Second post-credit scene
    Show
    New #girlboss Mandarin, awesome. Now that the 10 Rings are an equal opportunity employer and she shows no signs of stopping the, well, crimes, I think it's a safe bet that this is the final nail in the coffins of both The Hand and Iron Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Yes, X-Men Dark Phoenix was an amazing movie.
    Not helping your case

I liked the movie and don't have much to say about it, apart from one petty fanboy gripe:

Spoiler
    Show
    Was anyone disappointed that what appeared from the trailers to be Fin Fang Foom just turned out to be the far less interesting Abomination?
    Uh, no? That was very clearly Abomination, he's always had fins and stuff.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post

Not helping your case

What case?
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

10. - Top - End - #40

I don't want to discredit Bartmanhomer, but he likes every movie he sees.
    I don't like all the movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    You do overwhelmingly give positive reviews to almost everything you see. I think I recall one 3 in the past few months (Boss Baby 2?), and the rest or nearly all the rest have been 7 or higher.
    What can I say? I love good movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
    And also X-men Dark Phoenix
    ^ That one
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

^ That one
    Well, I like Dark Phoenix. It was an incredible movie in my opinion anyway.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mordar View Post
    Have to disagree. Acceptable in the two-part format, I think.
    Spoiler
    Show
    How else could he lie to Katy about it? Show the truth and hear the lie? Good for some films, but would probably confuse a lot of viewers in this one. A second flashback? We've already seen his skills in two major fights by the time he admits it, so an action scene from when he was 14 (?) probably just regresses.

- M
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, there could have been two flashbacks, one with the lie and one with the truth. Or just the second one.

It just felt unsatisfying to have such a pivotal moment, where the hero's life changes and he rebels against his own family, to be entirely off camera. It's kind of like Black Panther if we never see Klaw or Killmonger die, just someone else saying "Trust me on this."

Though you do remind me of something I do like, which is

Spoiler: More minor spoilers
    Show
    the movie doesn't do the obvious "You LIED to me, I can never trust you again!" subplot with him and Katie. She largely accepts that yeah, she can understand why he'd keep a past like that to himself and that she probably wouldn't have believed him if he had told her. And I also appreciated that they DON'T hook up at the end and just stay friends.
    Last edited by Azuresun; 2021-09-10 at 07:00 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Satisfactory, I'd say.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: yes, but
    Show
    I'm not sure how you saw Abomination in a cage fight and thought it was Foom, but there is the image with the dragon's face in the water that came out prior (I don't watch trailers, so Idk when or how it was shown, just that I saw it a while ago) that I took to be Foom, and thus share in your disappointment. Sadly, I've been miffed by the lack of both the dragon and a real Mandarin ever since Iron Man. What's even more annoying is that many have said that the soul-stealer kaiju is supposed to have been Foom, ugh. As they were spinning the legend within the film, I started to expect Annihilus, but that wasn't even close (closer than Foom, though). So, I can admit when my comics knowledge is lacking, but I have zero context for what these monsters were supposed to be.

Spoiler: Personal speculations
    Show

Shang-chi's assassination target was Katie's grandfather.

The rings are Celestial tech, setting up connections with the Eternals. Somehow they'll all have to be returned to their power plant to be the ultimate maguffin.

Part of me still really wants Trevor to be the character that is the Mandarin, even if they don't use that name.

Some people seem to have missed that those other ancient cities in the secret world were wiped out by the soul-stealer, and that they pretty much only exist by the grace of their Great Protector. They're sole purpose is to protect the gate from outside influences - they have no power to stop the big bad. That the big bad has this telepathic link to the rings-bearer needed a bit more fleshing out, because it seems like if this was a fact that was understood as possible, methinks someone ought to have gone into the world and collected those rings, OR maybe they should have left the guy wielding them come join them and disarm him with the power of love (as did happen) so they could have prevented anyone using them on the gate. I dunno. But the voice-in-your-head thing bothered me.

Wong's lack of knowledge about the rings also bothered me as much as the rings not having individual powers, which isn't actually that much of a bother considering the other accepted changes that the MCU has wrought.
    It just does feel clumsy that an ancient warlord managed to conquer so much territory under various names but his organization was always called the same thing with the same thug tattoos. Seems like maybe somebody would have made a connection somewhere. I guess if he always knew where his kids were, the rings may be giving him some sort of unseen powers over information? Stretching.

Waiting now for the next open world video game that hides an entire village behind a waterfall.
    “Rule is what lies between what is said and what is understood.”
    ~Raja Rudatha, the Spider Prince
    Golem Arcana

14. - Top - End - #44

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Imbalance View Post

Show

Shang-chi's assassination target was Katie's grandfather.
    I really hope this isn't true, especially after how badly they flubbed a very similar storyline in Falcon and Winter Soldier. Also, it just makes the world feel smaller.

Show

Some people seem to have missed that those other ancient cities in the secret world were wiped out by the soul-stealer, and that they pretty much only exist by the grace of their Great Protector. They're sole purpose is to protect the gate from outside influences - they have no power to stop the big bad.
    Not sure if this is addressed to me, but I was the one complaining about this the most. To be clear, I'm aware that the other cities were destroyed. My objection is that they haven't rebuilt or expanded at all since the bronze age. They would be more effective protectors if they could muster more than maybe 50 warriors.

Show
    That the big bad has this telepathic link to the rings-bearer needed a bit more fleshing out, because it seems like if this was a fact that was understood as possible, methinks someone ought to have gone into the world and collected those rings, OR maybe they should have left the guy wielding them come join them and disarm him with the power of love (as did happen) so they could have prevented anyone using them on the gate. I dunno. But the voice-in-your-head thing bothered me.
    From what they were saying, I think the Dweller could telepathically reach lots of people, not just the ring bearer. That he focuses on outsiders is a bit weird given how hard it is to get in (but also offers a potential explanation for all the documentation floating about, it's not from expatriates at all, but the people the Dweller was communicating with). Arguably, this might provide a motivation for limiting size, if there's only so many people the Great Protector could...protect from his telepathy.

Show
    Wong's lack of knowledge about the rings also bothered me as much as the rings not having individual powers, which isn't actually that much of a bother considering the other accepted changes that the MCU has wrought.
    It just does feel clumsy that an ancient warlord managed to conquer so much territory under various names but his organization was always called the same thing with the same thug tattoos. Seems like maybe somebody would have made a connection somewhere. I guess if he always knew where his kids were, the rings may be giving him some sort of unseen powers over information? Stretching.
    This I agree with entirely. I think they're starting to be put at risk of almost Worfing the sorcerers research/knowledge? Wow, something's not in their library, it must be super rare and dangerous--wait, what was the last thing that was in their library? Was there even anything on Dormamu? I may need to go back and rewatch Doctor Strange, it's been a while.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This I agree with entirely. I think they're starting to be put at risk of almost Worfing the sorcerers research/knowledge? Wow, something's not in their library, it must be super rare and dangerous--wait, what was the last thing that was in their library? Was there even anything on Dormamu? I may need to go back and rewatch Doctor Strange, it's been a while.
    There was info on Dormammu (albeit in forbidden books I believe). It was how the evil Sorcerer villain (whose name I can't remember) was able to find out and pursue his plan.

With that said
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do find it weird that they wouldn't at least know about the rings from when Shang-chi's father was using them for a thousand years, even if they couldn't discover their actual origins (which I suspect to be Eternal, Deviant, or Celestial purely because of the whole "no one mystical, scientific, or cosmic has heard of these things" deal).

Also, besides that, I can't think of any other time their mystical research came up empty. Thanos himself is not inherently magical in the MCU (so why would they know about him) and I thought they did know about the Infinity Stones, just not that someone was so close to collecting them all.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2021-09-13 at 01:55 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

I want to borrow your time machine.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Spoiler: Post-credit scene
    Show
    Both post-credit scenes annoyed me, but the mid was far worse. Ragged looking hologram Bruce Banner asking if the Rings were Chitauri? WTF would a slave race that seems focused on organic-interfaced weapons/vehicles be doing making the Rings? And does Captain Marvel really bring any value to this conversation? I mean if you need a warship destroyed, sure, call her...but I don't see a lot that she can bring to the "what are these mystical rings" conversation. At least she pops out after a few moments. I know we're down RDJ and Chris Evans...but instead of trying to cram other Avengers in, since you already have Wong, go with Dr. Strange...or better yet, just give Shang Chi a stringer for his next (even if unrealized) adventure?
    They're either setting up Eternals, or the bad guy for Phase 4. My personal guess on that one is going to be on The Celestials OR The Big G himself.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    With that said
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do find it weird that they wouldn't at least know about the rings from when Shang-chi's father was using them for a thousand years, even if they couldn't discover their actual origins (which I suspect to be Eternal, Deviant, or Celestial purely because of the whole "no one mystical, scientific, or cosmic has heard of these things" deal).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Xu Wenwu is clearly using them differently to Shang-Chi given that they were blue for him not orange, it's probably a "using their true power" thing. They've never actually been properly turned on until now.

Could still be Kakarantharan, that's outside our galaxy proper in the Magellanic Clouds and moving beyond the limits of the galaxy is notably difficult (and was the problem Mar-Vell was trying to solve with a one-of-a-kind Infinity Stone powered drive.

19. - Top - End - #49

Spoiler: Post-credit scene
    Show
    Both post-credit scenes annoyed me, but the mid was far worse. Ragged looking hologram Bruce Banner asking if the Rings were Chitauri? WTF would a slave race that seems focused on organic-interfaced weapons/vehicles be doing making the Rings? And does Captain Marvel really bring any value to this conversation? I mean if you need a warship destroyed, sure, call her...but I don't see a lot that she can bring to the "what are these mystical rings" conversation. At least she pops out after a few moments. I know we're down RDJ and Chris Evans...but instead of trying to cram other Avengers in, since you already have Wong, go with Dr. Strange...or better yet, just give Shang Chi a stringer for his next (even if unrealized) adventure?

- M
    She's extremely widely travelled, there's value in that. What we learn is that they are not any alien metal she's seen, and from Banner we learn they're not vibranium either. Most likely the source
    Spoiler
    Show
    of the rings is Celestial in origin, which would also explain their comments about the rings being extremely, extremely old.

As for "where was Strange?" I expect we'll find that out in NWH, much as we'll learn "what was the distress signal?" in The Marvels, and "Why Hulk no green?" in She-Hulk.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #50

After a little research today, I'm satisfied that the
    Spoiler: big bad
    Show
    is not meant to be Fin Fang Foom at all, instead is an obscure cosmic entity that was actually called He Who Dwells Below or more directly the Dweller-in-Darkness through most of his scant appearances. If it's the same thing, he started out as a throwaway Cthulhu knockoff in Thor in the '70's and has only been plucked from obscurity a handful of times since, notably as a demonic Dr. Strange villain and more recently in the aftermath of Fear Itself.

His major thing isn't soul stealing, exactly, but causing and feeding on humanity's fear. He has used telepathy to communicate and deliver terror, apparently. He led a group called the Fear Lords, which fell apart like villain teams are wont. Seems there's some in- and out-of-book discrepancies about whether he is a spawn of the O.G. Cthulhu and/or Nightmare's cuz.

I didn't come across any prior connections to Shang-Chi or any ring artifacts, just a crown. Maybe I didn't dig deep enough, but he honestly seemed kinda boring to be plugged into the movie's story the way they did, and right now I think they just needed a really obscure not-Foom to put on screen to be killed.

I could be wrong, but those are my $.02 for now.
    “Rule is what lies between what is said and what is understood.”
    ~Raja Rudatha, the Spider Prince
    Golem Arcana

21. - Top - End - #51

Wild theory:

Spoiler: Whispers
    Show
    The Dweller in Darkness works by lurking in another dimension and getting in the heads of mystically attuned folks to make them think they hear their lost loved ones, creating an obsession in their minds. This attracts them to try and bore through the barrier separating our world from its, inadvertently freeing it.

...Isn't there another Marvel character besides Wen Wu currently hearing her loved ones desperately needing her, in her head?

Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Wild theory:

Spoiler: Whispers
    Show
    The Dweller in Darkness works by lurking in another dimension and getting in the heads of mystically attuned folks to make them think they hear their lost loved ones, creating an obsession in their minds. This attracts them to try and bore through the barrier separating our world from its, inadvertently freeing it.

...Isn't there another Marvel character besides Wen Wu currently hearing her loved ones desperately needing her, in her head?

Spoiler
    Show
    Compelling. While my hope is we can have continued divergence in the forces at play (hence my dislike of the vibranium/chitauri assessment), a shared source of corruption can tie things nicely together and lead us to the arc villain.

I just hope it is done with character and flavor, not another unstoppable force until he isn't unstoppable.

- M
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season V-VI-VII

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Standard, decent story, nothing special.

Spoiler
    Show

Good cast on the whole, a bit too much baldly stating the themes in the script.

Mom gave up her superpowers when she got married? Really?

Anyone notice the Razorfistmobile's windows growing back after being smashed?

It may well predate it in the comics, I don't know, but that village seems a lot like Higher budget Kun Lun, complete with patron Dragon.

What kind of pathetic defences are these on the gate to hell? Six jeeps worth of admittedly elite thugs can get through them.

The effects are good, the performances are good.

Action scenes... I dunno, nothing obviously wrong, but it feels like they're missing something.

Katie is in this movie to be 'comedy sidekick', but it makes absolutely no sense to bring her to Macau with assassins on the hunt.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

*Presses X to doubt*

Overall, I was...pleasantly surprised by Shang-Chi. Now, I didn't know much at all about the comics...I know of the ten rings/mandarin solely as an occasional old timey adversary from old marvel comics, but never honestly knew all that much about 'em. In this? Decent mix of stuff, overall a fun watch. I'd certainly place it above Black Widow in terms of filmmaking.

If we're getting into quibbles, yeah, I did find the bowshot to be...needlessly convenient. Making the comic relief character suddenly essential is...ehh. This ain't the only film to do it, but it does strain credibility somewhat. Skills were otherwise set up fairly well for all the other characters. I think they were making his dad out to be a hard man, but not actually a monster. This is...an interesting path to take. Sure, we know that he probably has done some dubious stuff, and we're told of his conquering, but that is kind of how life used to be. Lots of conquering in history. It stops short of making him irredeemable, and that's alright in my book.

A fair bit of this is probably on the lead. I've enjoyed him in Kim's Convenience, and perhaps a bit of that like transferred over. He manages to convey being a bit of a badass while not being, yknow...boring.

As for the Snap/Blip, well, fortunately it wasn't *that* central to this movie. But that is probably going to be something of an awkward choice that the MCU will just continue to ignore henceforth. *shrug*

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

A random thought:

Spoiler
    Show

Some people have noted that the Dragon Scales feel a lot like Vibranium (special material used by a hidden land, etc.). One way to take this and roll with it would be if, in a future movie, someone combined Dragon Scales, Vibranium and Uru to create the MCU version of Adamantium.

Due to the mystical properties of its components, you can justify this Adamantium as being not just physically tough but also blocking things like, say, telepathy. Which might come in handy when adapting a certain other franchise...

26. - Top - End - #56

^ Wouldn't that make Wolverine immune to telepaths if his skull ends up coated in the stuff?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Yep. But all the mind-tampering was done before they put the adamantium in, so all it does is make it harder for him to figure out what they did.

...also this potentially means that Wolverine's claws can kill ghosts. Which is awesome, so why not.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    Seems to me like he spends his cinema budget wisely.
    Cant argue with this xD

...also this potentially means that Wolverine's claws can kill ghosts. Which is awesome, so why not.
    You mean horrible, he is already enough of a mary sue in general. So please not.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

29. - Top - End - #59
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    You mean horrible, he is already enough of a mary sue in general. So please not.
    What? Just because he is the best there is at what he does?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Saw the film last night. Thought it was pretty good. Basically a magical kung fu movie with MCU cameos, so not bad at all.

In the same boat wondering about
    Spoiler: Mid-credits Scene
    Show
    Bruce not being in Hulk form. The arm cast implies we're probably not long after A:Endgame, but I'm sure we'll find out. Also, Carol's hair is long again? I love her longer hair a lot more, don't get me wrong, but I'm highly skeptical enough time has passed for it to be that long if Bruce's arm is still in a sling.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.