New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Good Deadlands Classic Modules?

My friends and I are playing Deadlands: Classic for the first time, and I'm looking for a good module (or Dime Novel as I think they're called?) to run.

I've heard good things about Night Train, but I've also heard that it's absolutely brutal and it's extremely unlikely my players will survive it.

What else is out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Good Deadlands Classic Modules?

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    My friends and I are playing Deadlands: Classic for the first time, and I'm looking for a good module (or Dime Novel as I think they're called?) to run.

I've heard good things about Night Train, but I've also heard that it's absolutely brutal and it's extremely unlikely my players will survive it.

What else is out there?
    I noticed no one answered you, so even though it is a month later...

I didn't play any Dime Novels I didn't enjoy. They are mostly of manageable size and scope and good for teaching the game, as I recall. I seem to remember Skinners was good, and loved Adios A-Mi-Go. Recommend doing a few of the smalls before embarking on any of the big book adventures...Devils Tower, Muddy and (IIRC) the adventure in Great Maze were all good.

- M
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season V-VI-VII

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Good Deadlands Classic Modules?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordar View Post
    I noticed no one answered you, so even though it is a month later...

I didn't play any Dime Novels I didn't enjoy. They are mostly of manageable size and scope and good for teaching the game, as I recall. I seem to remember Skinners was good, and loved Adios A-Mi-Go. Recommend doing a few of the smalls before embarking on any of the big book adventures...Devils Tower, Muddy and (IIRC) the adventure in Great Maze were all good.

- M
    Much obliged!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II