A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 675
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nobody else is gonna be right behind me, right now. Only Xihirli.
    Aw, welcome back.
    Iceseer, you had a good run.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nobody else is gonna be right behind me, right now. Only Xihirli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment!
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Mr Popo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Lookout

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    I have sigs disabled because I gotta scroll way more than most people.

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Popo View Post
    I have sigs disabled because I gotta scroll way more than most people.
    Definitely understandable. I know that feel.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Mr Popo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Lookout

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    What's the record this game for X number of posts in a row that only villagers have posted?

    Go back and check, and give me a number as of this post.

    The person who guesses the correct number in postgame will get a prize.


  5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Popo View Post
    What's the record this game for X number of posts in a row that only villagers have posted?

    Go back and check, and give me a number as of this post.

    The person who guesses the correct number in postgame will get a prize.

    I can only assume Supagoof will guess "0" based on his stated reads so far.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Mr Popo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Lookout

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Spoiler
    Show


    Spoiler
    Show


    Spoiler
    Show


    I swear I will get to scum casing Goof eventually.

    I've been, shall we say, goofing off...

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Popo View Post
    Spoiler
    Show


    Spoiler
    Show


    Spoiler
    Show


    I swear I will get to scum casing Goof eventually.

    I've been, shall we say, goofing off...
    The second and third are inaccurate, they imply that Libro is doing any reasonable amount of finger-pointing.

    Argh, EoD being this quiet always makes me itchy. >.<

    I know the wagon ain't moving, and I know Emmy won't return to make things spicy. But that means about 90 min before I've got new information to deal with, unless people start actually posting reads like I asked em to.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I just need to walk away and eat and come back when day is over, I think. Turning into a mess.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Mr Popo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Lookout

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    The second and third are inaccurate, they imply that Libro is doing any reasonable amount of finger-pointing.
    Its okay. We are pointing at him, so we are carrying him to the end regardless even if he points at the sky instead.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I have seven spidermen out of 12 alive players, which is a solve when correct.

    Technically I have eight but

    Spoiler
    Show


    It's a tragic story I don't want to get into.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Worry not maiden fair, Princess snowblaze.

    I will not touch one lock of hair on your head should everyone else besides you be dead and mafia.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And that's sort of my case for why Supagoof and Book Wombat and Emmy are the scum team.

    Because if they aren't, it's Snowblaze, and I just think she still has several popo funbucks remaining for the whole "countess and princess, tell me your secrets" plan.

    It's great, in all the best and worst ways, and yet, it actually could have worked for much the same reason what I am doing can work.

    It's because when there are players you cannot arrest, it makes it easier to find the wolves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Survey says?

    Gimme some good news, I don't want to be stuck in a game that had two no show townies.
    Last edited by Mr Popo; 2021-09-14 at 09:00 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    CaoimhinTheCape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    I set the end of day for about 30 minutes from now, got a little bit more of a wait. I'm checking the vote count early to be ready for it, but I can't end it early in case of late day shenanigans (vote changes).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Vote Count:

    EmmyNecromancer (6): AvatarVecna, Mr. Popo, Xihirli, Book Wombat, gac3, Rogan
    gac3 (1): Libro
    Supagoof (1): Snowblaze
    Snowblaze (1): BatCatHat
    Rogue_Alchemist (1): Supagoof
    No Vote: EmmyNecromancer, Rogue_Alchemist





    With two members down, the outlook is bleak,
    Setting to work, they study the day past,
    Most take their turns, though there's two left to speak.
    Those who remain hope better Day than last.

    Halfway through this new Day, new votes turn sparse.
    They continue to analyze, until
    Investigation's work can see through the farce.
    No proof found last night, they rely on skill.

    They threaten the silent, wait for answer.
    She stands stoic, at the edge of the yard.
    The quiet one: EmmyNecromancer.
    She's taken away, with her leaves the Guard.

    Though choice was made right, there's much more to do.
    But the sun has gone down, begin Night 2.



    EmmyNecromancer and Guard Parolles, Mafia, were arrested.




    Night 2 Ends Wednesday, Sept. 15 at 11:30 PM EST /
    Thursday, Sept. 16 at 4:30 AM Snow's time? /
    Thursday, Sept. 16 at 5:30 AM CEST




    Additionally, a player who has not participated either publicly or privately for 2 in game days (an in game day defined as both a Day and Night phase) will be autolynched and removed from the game. Their role and alignment will be revealed, as with any other player elimination.



    Alright y'all. This time is late for me, so here's how the Night will go: get your actions in by the time listed, per normal. I'll stay online long enough to relay information to the Countess and then go to bed. The next Day will start morning my time (early afternoon Europe times).

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Mr Popo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Lookout

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia




    Spoiler
    Show
    Byyyyyyyeeeeeeee.....


    - - - Updated - - -

    Did I mention how terrifying Mr Popo is?

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    :D

    That makes me feel a lot better about my POE.

    I値l try to do a lot less of the paranoia and self-defence tomorrow, and if I can find time more solving too.
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 6
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 4
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 7

    I have no clue what I知 doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Mr Popo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Lookout

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    :D

    That makes me feel a lot better about my POE.

    I値l try to do a lot less of the paranoia and self-defence tomorrow, and if I can find time more solving too.
    The best defense is a good offense, but keep in mind:

    Bussing gets you absolutely no town credits when it is forced upon you by external forces. Such as the indirect pressure which is townies town reading each other, giving you no alternatives but to hit the players you can hit. Pitiful though the choices may be.

    So, your route to victory as town here is to bury 2 scumbags not named Snowblaze, and do it rather quickly, if you would please, my dearest Princess.

    You're not looking for bussing credit, you are looking to end the game by steamrolling the last 2 wolves before town decides to get itchy and pull the trigger on you instead.

    I do hope I have narrowed them down for you so it will be a shooting gallery where you literally cannot miss, but if I am mistaken, please construct a worthy case against one of my 7.

    I do sometimes let one in to my town core, so you have to continue to be vigilant. All it takes is one town read wolf for town to lose, no matter how impressive the opening goes.

    M'lady. My sword is yours for the next, oh.... let's say less than 24 hours.

    As for the rest of the Queen's toadies, aka the disloyal maggots:

    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Actually that reminds me, I think somebody asked about how to find only the posts from a specific person for the purpose of doing ISOs? There's a couple good methods, depending on how you wanna do the ISOs:
    Thanks, I've already tried both methods but several of your suggestions looks like they would make the process a little less annoying.

    Good to see Emmy flip, my flashbacks to last game was making me nervous.

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    No pressure, then!

    Supagoof/BW is currently my solve as well, but I need to do a lot of work to convince myself, never mind everyone else.

    Not now, though. Taking a break from this game will do me good.
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 6
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 4
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 7

    I have no clue what I知 doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Thanks, I've already tried both methods but several of your suggestions looks like they would make the process a little less annoying.

    Good to see Emmy flip, my flashbacks to last game was making me nervous.
    Also.. if you don't want to do all the searching... Just click replies ###### (some number) on the thread. It brings up a list telling you who has posted how many times. If you click the number next to the name in question it will show your all of their posts and only their posts.

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Also.. if you don't want to do all the searching... Just click replies ###### (some number) on the thread. It brings up a list telling you who has posted how many times. If you click the number next to the name in question it will show your all of their posts and only their posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Actually that reminds me, I think somebody asked about how to find only the posts from a specific person for the purpose of doing ISOs? There's a couple good methods, depending on how you wanna do the ISOs:

    1) Go the Structured Games Subforum, and find this game in the list (right underneath the stickied posts, I'm sure).

    2) Look over to the right, where it says "Replies:" and "Views:".

    3) Click the "Replies:" number, and it'll open a new window that lists out each person who's posted in the thread, and how many times they did that.

    4) Click the number next to the name of the person you wanna ISO, and it'll take you to a Forum Search page that lists only that persons posts in that specific thread.

    From there, you can click links and it'll take you straight to that person's post, and you can read through while making your own post and write up your reactions/analysis. This will tend to end up looking like gac3's ISOs (which is why those ISOs made mention of the number of posts each person had made). This could probably be done directly via the Forum Search button, but I tend to find this is the faster method when I do it (which isn't frequently).
    Like this?


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Like this?
    Yeah! Like that! My bad. Missed that or maybe skipped over it because I usually do it from the control panel.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also I still could have quoted everyone's posts, I just didn't feel it was worth it

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    I had a moment of great confusion when I realized that RA hadn't been autolynched, until I remembered that they have until the end of the night.

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    ...Book Wombat and Batcathat are town/scum. Not technically clear which is which to me at this point, but I'm sure Popo has some corroborating evidence against Book Wombat (and, unless I miss my guess, already knows why this particular pair can't be on the same team).


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    ...Book Wombat and Batcathat are town/scum. Not technically clear which is which to me at this point, but I'm sure Popo has some corroborating evidence against Book Wombat (and, unless I miss my guess, already knows why this particular pair can't be on the same team).
    After my ISO on BW I probably agree with this, but isn't talking about things like this at night pretty much what you said we shouldn't do earlier? Or did you just mean longer analysis stuff?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Popo View Post
    There is just no way this isnt a townie.
    How do you figure? While I appreciate AV's suggestions, isn't this pretty similar to talking about mechanics in terms of wolfiness? You don't have to answer at night if you don't want to, but it occured to me that you might not live to reply tomorrow.

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    After my ISO on BW I probably agree with this, but isn't talking about things like this at night pretty much what you said we shouldn't do earlier? Or did you just mean longer analysis stuff?
    Night-talk in general is a problem in games when it helps scum more than town. In a game like this, with limited private chat, anything said in public is given to wolves as well, so it's gotta be done carefully. Big posts of "here's what I think and why" is handing scum a giant pile of analysis. I think this little sliver of "here's what I think" is careful enough and specific enough that it's only going to give information if the person already knows what I'm talking about...and I suspect Popo might.

    EDIT: And either he or I am dead by morning - probably him, but I'm not counting my eggs just yet. So if he doesn't know, he can say as much, and I can get a bit less vague about that suspicion.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-09-15 at 07:14 AM.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Supagoof's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Da Goof (x3)..Is On Fire!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Batcathat, Book Wombat, gac3, Libro, Supagoof, Xihirli

    I'd like to hear your 3x3. Top three town leans, top three scum leans, and something on why you feel that way. Doesn't have to be extremely substantive, just wanna get a feel for where your heads are at right now.
    My head is happily positioned on the top of my neck.

    But sure, I promised open book, so here it is. WIDELY DISPLAYED DURING THE NIGHT PHASE WHEN IT'S CLEAR THE SCUM CAN SEE IT TOO....cause why not play risky during the night as well as day.

    Top 3 town...in ascending order
    1. Me - duh. I'm 100% certain of my role.
    2. AV - doing really, really good analysis and pretty certain we all assume a role here.
    3. Rogan - really feeling him with his responses and such.


    Top 3 scum...in descending order
    3. Rogue - no reads, no nothing. No info.
    2. Gac3 - the ticking watch in my brain skips a beat when reading his posts. Though I'm not a watchmaker or a brain surgeon to figure out the why just yet.
    1. Snowblaze - I haven't really seen the proof that she isn't a wolf in sheep's clothing. Despite my soft spot for Snow (Fellow parodist, parodier, um...parody maker. Also, the only other person to play as Dumbledore in a WW game. And her sig.) I do feel she is hiding.

    Mr Popo - You mentioned Zander...if I go back a few years (and a few more then that cause I'm old) - I recall a fellow named Jontam Zire who I think, went by Zander on other forums. I wonder if they are one and the same.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Also.. if you don't want to do all the searching... Just click replies ###### (some number) on the thread. It brings up a list telling you who has posted how many times. If you click the number next to the name in question it will show your all of their posts and only their posts.
    News I could have used yesterday, cause I was being lazy and not doing the work. Now, I find out I could be lazy AND do the work.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Mr Popo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Lookout

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    ...Book Wombat and Batcathat are town/scum. Not technically clear which is which to me at this point, but I'm sure Popo has some corroborating evidence against Book Wombat (and, unless I miss my guess, already knows why this particular pair can't be on the same team).
    Batcathat doesn't feel like he is hiding at all, and wants to kill a wolf every day.

    I feel like Book Wombat has to be dragged unwillingly toward pointing at people that can be arrested, and has no joie de vivre.

    I haven't finished all the unpairings yet but my bet is that there are people who are unpaired with Wombat already, yes.

    Yesterday was absolute garbage for my solving ability, I spent almost all of it occupied elsewhere.

    But I still have lots of time tonight before "someone" expires.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    My head is happily positioned on the top of my neck.

    But sure, I promised open book, so here it is. WIDELY DISPLAYED DURING THE NIGHT PHASE WHEN IT'S CLEAR THE SCUM CAN SEE IT TOO....cause why not play risky during the night as well as day.

    Top 3 town...in ascending order
    1. Me - duh. I'm 100% certain of my role.
    2. AV - doing really, really good analysis and pretty certain we all assume a role here.
    3. Rogan - really feeling him with his responses and such.


    Top 3 scum...in descending order
    3. Rogue - no reads, no nothing. No info.
    2. Gac3 - the ticking watch in my brain skips a beat when reading his posts. Though I'm not a watchmaker or a brain surgeon to figure out the why just yet.
    1. Snowblaze - I haven't really seen the proof that she isn't a wolf in sheep's clothing. Despite my soft spot for Snow (Fellow parodist, parodier, um...parody maker. Also, the only other person to play as Dumbledore in a WW game. And her sig.) I do feel she is hiding.

    Mr Popo - You mentioned Zander...if I go back a few years (and a few more then that cause I'm old) - I recall a fellow named Jontam Zire who I think, went by Zander on other forums. I wonder if they are one and the same.
    Zander I know is from Dragonmount and goes by Zanderistown on MU where he's not played much.

    Not well known outside of Dragonmount.

    This post can be distancing from Snowblaze, and is certainly partnery with Book Wombat.

    I like all of those names as my current bottom 3.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The players among (Snow, Book, Goof) most interested in pursuing actual case work with evidence, reasons, etc, meaning quotes, post numbers, believable reasons, against the other two, can probably live one more day.

    This continues so long as they continue hitting wolf.

    Check before you dunk that suspect whether YOU think they are not the townie among them who cant defend themself, look for signs they are town.

    If / when they miss, look around your towncore and see if you believe that town core.

    If you do, give them an arrest and hope we got em all.
    Last edited by Mr Popo; 2021-09-15 at 09:47 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Mr Popo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Lookout

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Tomorrow I would like to see Supagoof and Snowblaze vote each other and never move those votes.

    Book Wombat has been read. Quite wormy, not clear, but yeah.

    Let's remove all their joie de vivre by forcing them to be the last scum standing, I suppose.

    In other words, Supa and Snow are my bottom 2.

    I want Snow to deliver the hammer of justice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Oh yeah, and Supagoof, because I forgot how much I wolfread his posts yesterday and because I'm not enthused by his latest "hey, still here" post.
    Don't forget how much you wolf read his posts tomorrow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    If you don't know who it is Snowblaze, that's because it's likely YOOOOUUUUU! lol

    It would appear as I was writing up my post on BatCatHat, that BCH was also writing up a very, very long ISO post. Crossed you off BCH.

    RogueAlchemist - only because I'm starting to think my pointing of fingers is getting some pretty hefty responses.
    Doesn't indicate to me that Goof seriously wants Snowblaze arrested.

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    天oting Supagoof and never moving was kind of my plan for tomorrow anyway. Working on a case/ISO now.
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 6
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 4
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 7

    I have no clue what I知 doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Mr Popo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Lookout

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Mr Popo, guardian of Earth, terrifying and a potential murderer
    AvatarVecna, literal god of death and destruction
    gac3, puts mafia in a noose, and makes them say "gacccccc"
    Libro, a guy who reacts poorly to lies; makes you say "bruh....."
    Rogan, revitalizes town follicles, clinically proven to destroy scums
    Xihirli, once shot a man in Texas just to watch him die. Ben drowned. Xi is the one who did it, with a creepy Kubrick stare.
    Batcathat, that cat slash bat slash hat what soon shall sat on a wolf and shat.
    Rogue_Autolynch, winner of games because he carried this whole town team on his back. Elite villager. He will be missed. I particularly like the soliloquy he wrote in tribute to Xihirli being a sexy beast. It really got me in the feels.

    Oh man, there goes the game.

    Book Worm: Inchy squinchy, inchy squinchy. Is doing wolfy things, just not wolfy things that can win the game for Book Wombat.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Whoops, home run!


    Snowblaze and Supagoof.

    And if not, it is your villagery duty to show up tomorrow and open up a gigantic can of whoop-em on whoever is actually guilty from your perspective.

    Because if you are a townie, sitting there at the bottom of Popo's POE POE, you know more than anyone who the wolves SHOULD be because you basically have all of Popo's reads PLUS a cop check on yourself of innocent.

    So.

    Like......


    Murder all the wolves for me. You can, I won't be around to do so.

    See you in the morning, my messenger service will arrive, bringing flowers from FTD florists, and a card you can all sign that says

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Mr. Popo

    You were indeed a walking horror. Please never come back.

    Signed, sincerely
    Literally everyone

    PS we are actually worried about you, you crazy evil genie


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    天oting Supagoof and never moving was kind of my plan for tomorrow anyway. Working on a case/ISO now.


    Get em, Snow.

    Set the goofball on FIRE!

    And then, if I am wrong on the book worm, stomp him flat.

    You are the hammer of justice. SMASH two names, die after that if you are still alive and game continues.
    Last edited by Mr Popo; 2021-09-15 at 10:59 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    I rather hope Popo doesn't die since his certainty of the fact will make it amusingly awkward if he doesn't (think member of a doomsday cult coming into work the day after Judgement Day). Of course, if he does die, I have a legit excuse to not even try to ISO his five billion posts.

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Supagoof's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Da Goof (x3)..Is On Fire!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Ok, I'll be a sheep. Making a checklist for tomorrow....

    * Point at Snowblaze.

    Checklist done.

    But I do want to see Mr Popo's logic get shattered if/when I get lynched. (Though that can wait until the end of game.)

    Only fools are 100% positive!
    Are you sure?
    I'm positive.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Mr Popo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Lookout

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I rather hope Popo doesn't die since his certainty of the fact will make it amusingly awkward if he doesn't (think member of a doomsday cult coming into work the day after Judgement Day). Of course, if he does die, I have a legit excuse to not even try to ISO his five billion posts.
    RIP in peace, AvatarVecna for even trying to quote it all.

    Word to the wise, no one would read it even if you did.

    The wolves know I am town and the townies already all agree I am town.

    So it's just silly unless I miss twice in a row and or am alive on day 4 ever for any reason.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Ok, I'll be a sheep. Making a checklist for tomorrow....

    * Point at Snowblaze.

    Checklist done.

    But I do want to see Mr Popo's logic get shattered if/when I get lynched. (Though that can wait until the end of game.)

    Only fools are 100% positive!
    Are you sure?
    I'm positive.
    You can't have only 1 suspect, there are at least 2 scums remaining.

    Try again.

    Self focus is scummy which is why your iso is so wolfy.

    You care about you more than finding suspects.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Spoiler: Supagoof wall
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    boom boom clap
    boom boom clap
    boom boom clap
    boom boom clap


    The roar of the crowd clamors over the bleachers. The peasants, despite the unrest in the castle, still clamor for a show. They have traveled in from their homesteads, their farmlands and towns, to see a performance after all. The crowd even managed to get in sync on the same page for a chant.

    boom boom clap
    boom boom clap
    boom boom clap
    boom boom clap
    We will, we will, joust you
    boom boom clap
    boom boom clap
    We will, we will, joust you


    Sir Goof couldn't help but chuckle at the ridiculousness. With his armor on, atop his steed, he asks for his lance. He scans the audience, and sees that the royal box is empty. No king, certainly no queen, and sadly - no princess. Sir Goof had hoped to win her favor this day, but with the events of last night, she has gone into hiding to protect herself. Goof had even gone so far as to wear her colors, purple and gold. With worried dismay, Goof sets his sights down the field. His opponent, clad in heavy iron armor with colors of black and red, was ready before him. His shield bore a strange insignia - a BatCatHat. Sir Good pondered at the origins.
    Roleplay, and is fine. Not wolf wolf with BatCatHat at that.

    So I like this post, and Liked this post.

    I just read Bat as more town than that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Who's Sugapoof?
    Not wolf/wolf with gac3.

    NAI.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    This would be correct, as I don't check my PC very often on the weekends. Need to get back into the habit of checking the site from my phone.

    Worse though is I did not get a night action in. So I'm sitting here guessing based only on the townreads. I likely would have targeted Rogan because other people I would have targeted
    (who are Snow - because she is very good on both sides of the coin in these games, BCH - because he has peeked my interest as being very good in these games, or Mr. Popo - let's see what the new guy is doing) I would choose not to target right away since being second to lowest on action resolution would likely have resulted in no result - given the interference and such.

    I will happily thrown myself on the sword for such a misstep, as that does move forward with what my role is - guarding the princess. But since I can do more good alive then dead, let's see who is pinging as suspect this time after I have a chance to catch-up in more detail...

    - - - Updated - - -


    Ok, having read through today (because I need more time to read through everything that happened after I stepped away day 1) I've got to agree with a lot of stuff Snowblaze is saying. So, to help

    Rogan - you're the next contestant on "What are you up too?"

    Because I'm not with gac3, but I'm not against him, nor am I with Book Wombat/Rogan - so I choose Rogan for 2 reason.
    1. I would have looked into him night one, but failed, so I might as well find out today.
    2. I'm definitely not with him, but I agree with Snowblaze that hidden amongst the inactives is a likely case.
    Bold: Self focus

    Red: The wolfy "I agree"
    Orange: Is not indicative of real suspicion, is not wolf/wolf with Rogan.

    Red: The wolfy "I agree"

    Not wolf/wolf with Rogan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Just agreeing with your logic (since I had note caught up with day 1 yet), not saying Rogan was an inactive. I guess I should have stated that point clearer. Still - not 100% sure on Rogan. I would love to hear more from him.

    What can I answer for you? I'm an open book.

    Day 1 - I posted early and got 2 in before I wandered off. Been called Sugapoof before, probably will be again. Also, if you're old school enough, my alter-ego is Graklok. Sorry I didn't give much more read then those 2 posts day one. Because I am old school, I was used to having more then 1 game at a time, so back in the day - I was either switching between multiple games which forced me to be here posting more often, or narrating them, or both. I am attempting to get back into checking more often as it requires more effort now then it did with multiple games. Odd, but that way worked for me. Not used to the new style - which is my fault after being gone for about a decade. Would have thought to get back into the cadence again with Afterlife, but hard to do when I got lynched day 2.


    So - on the "don't look at the 3-card monte" game Mr. Popo is playing, and after reading his dizzying/epic novel amount of posts, he is pinging as sus still on my radar. Might be trying to do sooo much song and dance that you're so busy watching the show, you aren't paying any attention to what's going on backstage. I do love the logic he puts into it, and can see some meta-reasoning in it as well. I don't trust him, but I don't distrust him yet right now either. Ponders about him and Snowblaze working together to mask each others scent. I may just point at him for forcing me to read so much.
    The wolfy I agree

    Asking someone who has posted a lot more than you to post more, voting them to "hear more".

    Explicit statements you dont really believe the suspicion there.

    Bold is all self focused.

    Orange: suspecting Mr Popo
    Red: Followed by distancing oneself from that suspicion and that suspicion vanishing for no reason the next day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    *yawn*

    Just posting that I am here today. Feeling like switching my point, just need to figure out a few things during my workday. Like, for example, what do Mr Popo funbucks buy? Just curious, I don't know what I did there either. Other than (what Snowblaze called out) where I was pointing at inactives then pointed at Rogan who was/is active? Is that it - do I win the funbucks? (And despite which way this game goes, I absolutely enjoy that Mr. Popo is totally the Robin Williams reincarnation of the Genie.)

    AV - thank you for the in depth analysis of me. I feel loved, even though I am being called scum, but only slightly
    .
    Purely self focused.

    Not finding townies or wolves.

    The yawn meant to indicate lack of tension? Not that simple, my dear goof.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    @^ Just trying to balance RL work with game, and today I have a bunch of intermittent meetings, which means my posts won't be long drawn out hypothesis, though I am actively trying to be here today.

    Rogan - I appreciate your response. however, you did not grasp the entirety of the whole post. During the post, where I said I had wanted to hear more from you, I also stated I didn't read all of day 1. At that point in day 2, you only had one post. I've crossed out my point on you, as you've directly answered me. Still sus (though, to be fair, everyone is).

    I'd like to check in on BatCatHat for the similar reasons. I simply must know more about what you're doing. Also, I feel I may have been accidentally right day 1, at least I wasn't wrong by being on Jeen's bandwagon, although I didn't know that at the time. Saying there's probably a wolf there, simple math being they know they weren't voting each other so hop on.

    @lol, I post, walk away from my desk to a meeting, come back, and find this. @V
    Bolded, self focus.

    Red: Still not suspecting anyone for justifiable reasons or even reasons you can believe in and articulate.

    Orange: Wolves know who is town and know to avoid being too wrong too consecutively.

    Knowing in advance someone everyone thought was wolfy is town, is great, especially since you did nothing to save him from his death.

    By, say, town casing Jeen.

    Which would have been villagery.

    Even shouting a warning, hey, this might flip villager, something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    If you don't know who it is Snowblaze, that's because it's likely YOOOOUUUUU! lol

    It would appear as I was writing up my post on BatCatHat, that BCH was also writing up a very, very long ISO post. Crossed you off BCH.

    RogueAlchemist - only because I'm starting to think my pointing of fingers is getting some pretty hefty responses.
    This piles onto someone who wont be able to fight back or defend their own slot.

    This does it to someone who will be autoyeeted in the morning.

    And where did previous suspicions from previous days go?

    What's your solve after Day and Night one?

    Zero townies, 11 scums?

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Common memE/quote - "If you don't know who the ____ one in the group is, then it's probably you."

    In that order? Cause it's not me, so cross me off your list.
    Self focus.

    Tiny footprint, no space explored.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    I voted - last switch I did was for RogueAlchemist. You missed that Popo.Nevermind. I really should posted as soon as I get done with this one, not when I got back to it.

    I could have switched to Emmy - didn't because she had just posted before I did, though it wasn't much of a post and my adding onto her bandwagon offers no insight to me or her at this point.

    I do believe that voting for auto-lynch candidates to be a worthwhile town excursion, because intentionally gathering all the information of a day, but not losing 2 people to that day is advantage town. Even when they come and post late in the day.

    To answer you Rogan - my ISO list is still everyone, as I don't trust anyone yet.

    I can see alliances being formed with Mr Popo's safe list. He does assure a way to the promised land of the town victory with it. Then again, the builders of the Titanic assured a safe trip across the Atlantic...

    At this point, I'm not standing in his way. I don't even mind being on the suspect list. Would be a reason for the wolves to not night kill me, making the assumption that I will likely be lynched tomorrow. Then again, could be wolfish behavior to say that to give a reason as to why I wasn't night killed if I was a wolf (which I'm not)
    .
    Self focus.

    Smudging Popo

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    'Curse you aquascuuuuum"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uix2ja0IBAI - for reference.

    Anyway, sure. I get it. Focus on everyone. I did. I am still suspect on everyone. I have not seen any concrete proof of roles, other then Jeen and Blades of course. I'm assuming everyone else lies, how well is the question.

    Feeling the logic for Emmy. No point in joining or not joining now. "But Goof, don't you want to beat a dead horse?" - Why?
    Almost all of your iso is done, still sitting at Popo is a question mark and everyone else is scum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    My head is happily positioned on the top of my neck.

    But sure, I promised open book, so here it is. WIDELY DISPLAYED DURING THE NIGHT PHASE WHEN IT'S CLEAR THE SCUM CAN SEE IT TOO....cause why not play risky during the night as well as day.

    Top 3 town...in ascending order
    1. Me - duh. I'm 100% certain of my role.
    2. AV - doing really, really good analysis and pretty certain we all assume a role here.
    3. Rogan - really feeling him with his responses and such.


    Top 3 scum...in descending order
    3. Rogue - no reads, no nothing. No info.
    2. Gac3 - the ticking watch in my brain skips a beat when reading his posts. Though I'm not a watchmaker or a brain surgeon to figure out the why just yet.
    1. Snowblaze - I haven't really seen the proof that she isn't a wolf in sheep's clothing. Despite my soft spot for Snow (Fellow parodist, parodier, um...parody maker. Also, the only other person to play as Dumbledore in a WW game. And her sig.) I do feel she is hiding.

    Mr Popo - You mentioned Zander...if I go back a few years (and a few more then that cause I'm old) - I recall a fellow named Jontam Zire who I think, went by Zander on other forums. I wonder if they are one and the same.

    - - - Updated - - -


    News I could have used yesterday, cause I was being lazy and not doing the work. Now, I find out I could be lazy AND do the work.
    Belated consensus townies, and accusing the inactive townie, and accusing one of my top townies, and accusing Snow, where both parties had already made distancing and voting one another moves.

    Again, self focused.

    The case work against snow is that she is hiding, but the opposite is true. She plopped her gonads on display for everyone to see with the big bones play on day one to call for outing princess and countess.

    Thats not hiding behavior. Her day two was a big drop off, though.

    Case on Gac3 is nonexistent.

    Case on Rogue is nonexistent. Assumes 2 inactive scums for zero reasons.

    Seems designed to avoid accusing people who you would need to vote with you later on in the game.


    And here is my long delayed case work on Goof.

    I didnt want to post it until I was sure, and or, about to die.

    Now I am both.

    Good night, sweet goof. I cherish you, and I wish we were on the same team.

    I wish you hadn't got saddled with an inactive. I wish I hadn't as well.

    Whoever your third partner is has to survive Popo's magnificent 7 spidermen.

    I wish them the best of luck.



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    But I do want to see Mr Popo's logic get shattered if/when I get lynched. (Though that can wait until the end of game.)
    Townies have this thought, a wish for a guy who found a wolf, to kill them and miss, exactly zero times.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Popo View Post
    Spoiler
    Show


    Spoiler
    Show


    Spoiler
    Show


    I swear I will get to scum casing Goof eventually.

    I've been, shall we say, goofing off...
    I have seven spidermen a-slinging

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Popo View Post
    I have seven spidermen
    and 2 to 3 wolves a-weeping.

    One wolf decomposing.

    FIVE SHINING LIGHTS!!!!

    Spoiler: How many lights do you see?
    Show


    No, there are four

    Three wolves remain?

    Or perhaps two?

    AND A POPO IN A DEEP GRAVE!!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Last edited by Mr Popo; 2021-09-15 at 11:24 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Love Letter Mafia

    Spoiler: Another Supagoof case
    Show

    Supagoof case/ISO time, yay.

    Post 2 - RP, NAI.

    Post 8 - typo joke/correction, NAI.

    Post 205 - claiming guard without explicitly stating he痴 claiming guard which... I don稚 know if that痴 actually wolfy but here痴 what is:
    的知 definitely not a wolf with any of these people, and then voting Rogan for a reason which has nothing to do with Rogan痴 alignment and a reason that doesn稚 even relate to Rogan at all. (I don稚 know if that痴 actually the slip Mr Popo is pointing out. That confuses me.)

    209 - the explanation is *shrug*. There痴 quite a bit of waffle in the second paragraph, and then the second is a lot of hedging on Mr Popo.

    241 I mentioned not liking earlier. 典hank you for the attention isn稚 a particularly towny reaction to being cased, and the rest is just talking but not actually solving.

    243 - 殿t least I wasn稚 wrong by voting Jeen - okay, yeah, this is a wolf. 的 wasn稚 here so I didn稚 vote a townie is just. That does not in any way make you town. Ever. (I should have done this yesterday.)

    250 - a) there痴 no attempt to process the actual content of BCH痴 ISO or whether it makes them town, just 土ou池e analysing, I知 not voting you.

    But more importantly b) Batcathat had posted multiple similarly long ISOs before Supagoof voted them. Why didn稚 those make them not worthy of being voted at the time?

    253 的知 not a wolf, don稚 wolfread me. Nope. That痴 not how it works. You want to be townread, you have to do towny stuff. And so far in your ISO I have not found a single post that looks remotely like doing towny stuff.

    269 - I知 not really in a position to criticise the lack of Emmy vote, but the absence of townreads, the 土eah, Mr Popo痴 analysis seems good but the Titanic sank - just saying, the Titanic has nothing to do with this game. If you think Mr Popo could be wrong, explain why. The last sentence is more 鍍otally not a wolf with bonus points for invoking large amounts of WIFOM.

    275 - nope, still no sign of anything towny.

    322 - finally, actual reads! Calling yourself top town is cheating, though. And the scumreads: gac3, no reasoning. me: 的 haven稚 seen the proof she isn稚 a wolf in sheep痴 clothing. That痴 not a reason to scumread someone. Well, not unless you have a towncore of about 7 or 8 people, which I致e seen no evidence you do. If you think I知 a wolf in sheep痴 clothing, go prove it. 的 do feel she is hiding. Nope. Hi. I知 here, and I think you池e a wolf, and I am not letting myself be mislynched when you池e here being wolfy.

    328: you forgot 杜ake a detailed case for why, exactly, I am a wolf here" and "give reads on who you think my partner is"

    tl;dr:
    - I have found no evidence that Supagoof is trying to solve the game
    - There are parts of the process that make No Sense coming from town
    - therefore Supagoof is a wolf.




    tl;dr:
    - I have found no evidence that Supagoof is trying to solve the game
    - There are parts of the process that make No Sense coming from town
    - therefore Supagoof is a wolf.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2021-09-15 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Should put tl;dr outside spoiler
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 6
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 4
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 7

    I have no clue what I知 doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •