DruidGuy

Default 1648: Stranded in a Foreign World IC

The Village of Citallon
    The Empire of Adelar
    The World of Becanmor

18th of Gimbal, 2780 ADW
    10:21 AM

Prudence Oksanic

You've seen many towns and villages in your travels, and this one, while unremarkable in many ways is more pleasent than most. The people seem honest and made for good company last night, the inn is well managed and warm and this part of the road while not without it's own threats seems to be decently well patrolled. The morning has well and truly broken, as well as your fast and it will soon be time to get back on the road towards those distant mountains full of potential for profit, but you're still ahead of schedule and the accomodations will only get less comfortable from here on out. Is there anything you mean to do before leaving?

Qamar Alvea

Today is promising to be more boring than normal as far as they go. While your parents are generaly understanding of your various foibles they still make efforts to ensure you'll be able to at least take over the running of the mill, and learn how to properly arrange things with others, they seem quiety confident that you at least have the presence to negotiate well with others, even if focus and discipline isn't your strong suit. With that in mind while they've been invited to meet with the local baron, a man they are still on cordial terms with from their time as tax collectors you've been asked to accompany the baron's son on a walk around the fields and small plantations that surround the village. It's not a total bust though, there's talk about the village that the baron's family also has some magic in their ancestry, and while it's quiet different from your own it's a point in common, and something the baron's son would have a far greater capapcity to look into that yourself.

Samuel Arvandor

This morning is perhaps unusual in that your father has invited in the two local millers to speak with him. He rarely sees fit to interact personally with the people but spoke last night of some old bond with these two. Something they had helped with when he first took the position of baron. He in turn asked you to accomodate their daughter on your trip around the fields. This would usually be nothing of an issue, but you've felt sure skir was up to some unpleasant buisness again and so had meant to have a breif look around his paddock's today and ensure no sign of trouble could be found.

Darius Sungold

Your morning is fairly typical, with your grandfather having handed you a breif list of deliveries to take care of that morning. Perhaps the only abnormality was your sister's insisence on coming along on this morning route. While she claimed only that she wanted to help out her big brother, her constant glances towards the large inn near the centre of Citallon and rumors of an exotic seeming woman, who talked wih endless charm and dressed in exotic fashion, soon allow you to put together the likely reason for her insisting on coming with you today.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2022-04-04 at 06:37 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: 1648: Stranded in a Foreign World IC

Prudence

Prudence rolls off her pallet slowly and reluctantly. Sometimes old patterns - up late, then up late - are hard to break. She does the usual checklist of the traveller - have I been robbed, am I itching all over, am I hung over, is last night's stew giving me the morning runs? - and is delighted that the answers are all negative. In fact, she vaguely recalls that the local brew was sweet, clear and occasionally purchased by hopeful farm boys.

Changing into her travel clothes, Prudence carefully stows her night clothes and cleared the room for breakfast. Smiling at the (equally bleary) landlady, she signalled for breakfast - whatever breakfast would turn out to be - and thought about how much she had to do before meeting up with Feathers.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Darius smiles to himself as he finally realizes why Mairead has accompanied him this morning. Normally the 15-year-old girl would still be sleeping, as she doesn't take the village's cows out to graze until after their owners have milked them. But what tipped him off was the unusual attention she put into braiding her hair (usually a comical but endearing mess of tangles and straw) and picking out her best woolen shawl this morning... Like she was dressing to impress someone more consequential than a herd of cows. Of course! Mairead would have heard about the woman staying at the inn and would want to catch sight of her before she possibly left town this morning. He knows Mairead dreams of leading a glamorous life far from Citallon, and while he has his own opinions on that, it won't hurt to indulge his young sister.

"Mairead, I normally don't eat until after the morning deliveries, but I'm famished this morning, and I don't think you ate either. Why don't we make our first delivery at the inn and have a good breakfast? My treat."

Mairead is so delighted she stutters as she agrees to breakfast, and now Darius grins broadly and gives his sister an affectionate squeeze on her shoulder, which is just starting to lose the scrawniness of adolescence and put on the sturdiness of a young human-halfling woman. They enter the inn and go into the common room of the inn, where Darius consults his list of deliveries, hands a bundle of herbs to the cook there, and orders a large assortment of breakfast foods to spoil his sister and give them an excuse to linger a while, in hopes of encountering someone interesting. As they sit down to wait for their meal, Mairead takes out her masterwork tin whistle that she plays every day in the pasture. She wipes it once with her shawl and places it prominently on the table in front of her. Darius frowns; it's early in the day for music; there may be guests of the inn still asleep.
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2021-09-12 at 06:53 PM.
    Thanks to Daryk for the Paladin avatar. Darius Sungold. 1648 OOC.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Qamar is a bit uneasy about this whole setup. In theory, it makes perfect sense of course: being on the good side of the baron is not normally a bad thing and her establishing a rapport of sorts with the son… What was his name again? It has an s in it somewhere and the second half is certainly Arvandor, because that's what the baron is called. Not that it matters much: he'll probably introduce himself.

Anyway, establishing a rapport with him could help cement their position on that good side and she might as well end up in the baron's favour herself which would be nice. She's just not quite sure this plan will work out as intended: she can be awkward around people. Still, if Mother and Father think this is a good idea, it can't not be one. They are smart and they know things and they understand people better than she ever will. They are probably right and this will work out just fine. Young S something Arvandor is a decent fellow, or so they say. Krogg told her the same thing last night.

The young elf stops for a second, in thought. Actually, she must have seen the man somewhere before (it's not like Citallon is a huge place), but she comes up empty. She can't quite put a face to the name (that she doesn't know either anyhow) and the effort of mulling over this begins to give her a slight headache. It shall be fine. she mutters to herself as she gets back to strolling onwards.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2021-09-13 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Â.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Samuel Arvandor

"Hello Miss," Samuel said as he was introduced to the miller's daughter, "we may be out most of the day, have you eaten?"

He tried to place her face and recall whether he knew her name.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #6

Um, hello… I mean, greetings, young Lord Arvandor, Sir? The clumsy greeting of the little green elf is accompanied by an equally clumsy, quick bow and a slightly apologetic but genuinely friendly smile. There are also hints of relief on her face, and she is indeed relieved, doubly so, in fact: the young nobleman looks familiar enough after all (it is definitely not the first time she saw him or someone who looked a lot like him in the last three or four years), and (more importantly) she managed not to accidentally walk straight into him. There might still be hope for her!
    Given her sudden joy, it takes a few moments for Samuel's question to sink in, but ultimately she succeeds in snapping out of it and giving an answer. Yes. she blurst out without thinking, only to correct herself just as quickly, while making a few nervous gestures with her hands. I mean, no, I haven't, but I don't eat much anyway. It's an elf-thing, I suppose? So, I'm good to go.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

I don't think the town has all that many green-skinned elves with green hair and she's looked pretty much the way she looks now for pretty much Samuel's whole life, so I think it's likely that Samuel would recognize her if they ever crossed paths. But your call, of course.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2021-09-13 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Â.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prudence

Prudence is starting work on the last hunk of her bread when a pair of young humans come into the tavern and carefully don't watch her. She makes no such pretense, looking the boy up and down with frank curiosity and smiling broadly when the girl begins to play. She finishes off her breakfast as the music fills the room, and applauds enthusiastically as she finishes.

Rising, the lanky half-elf stretches, still managing the enjoyment of herself through the eyes of others. She makes her way over to the two kids - siblings, probably, by their faces - and nods.

"You've got talent, kid. Keep practicing, and look me up if you're ever in Alencia. The Oksanic Trading Company."

She turned to the boy noting that he was not so much a child as a short adult. Interesting. A slow smile works its way onto her face.

"I hear that the flower fields here are a sight to behold in season. Don't suppose you'd have time to show a visitor the sights?"
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2021-09-13 at 04:29 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

The Village of Citallon
    The Empire of Adelar
    The World of Becanmor

18th of Gimbal, 2780 ADW
    10:22 AM

Prudence Oksanic and Darius Sungold

As you talk, standing close with each other to talk through the steady noise of conversation in the rest of the inn, another noise catches your attention, seeming coming from below. A low thrum begins, then steadily grows louder and higher in pitch, blating out the noise of the whistle and preventing any attempt to talk. Over it a few whispered blurts of what sounds like some unknown langague breaks through, then lights float up through the floor. Runic symbols in no end of colours. That's when the floor seems to drop out from underneath you and you see....

Qamar Alvea and Samuel Arvandor

As both of you begin talking, and making your way along the paths leading out of the vilage your eyes catch on a strange flicker of light, that suddenly becomes a glowing line, looking like it was pressed flat against a wall in front of you. In seconds it grows and starts branching at an incredible rate until a dome of glowing lines surrounds the village. This lattice quickly grows solid and blocks you from seeing beyond it, then glows brighter and brighter until you can see nothing but the light. Then you feel yourselves suddenly weightless and....

Spoiler: Prudence
    Show
    an open path leading forward away from you. On your left and right, other roads leading other directions and at your feet a scroll case... an old scroll case you recognise. Made from leather and cloth and by Feathers to hold maps before you set out on your first journeys together. It was destroyed during some of your life's darkest days yet sits intact here again, the corner of a map poking out from one side.

Spoiler: Daruis
    Show
    The translucent form of an unusually tall woman with auburn-gold hair with blue eyes, standing in the same room you left but all the other peope seem frozen. In one hand she bears a longsword and in the others a strange metallic wand with a stock like a crossbow's. You recognise her from countless dreams of course, as your divine sponsor. She looks at you with gritted teeth andthough her mouth never moves you hear her speak.

My favoured, we have little time and I don't know all, but when you arrive... know that your duty to protect and correct still stands. Do your duty always. She fades further, quickly approaching becoming totally transparent as she looks at you, awaiting some response.

Spoiler: Qamar
    Show
    you suddenly feel the world around you ripped away leaving you floating in the void. For a split second it's filled in by the endless vegetation of the fey wilds before that too falls away behind you leaving only an infinite abyss, filled only by tiny pricks of light that seem infinitely distant. Then turning around you see before you two immense serpentine forms, one green and one blue. They're like long dragons, with no hind legs, and countless pairs of wings along their side, each tiny compared to their full forms, larger by far that the mountains you've heard described. Large enough to swallow all the land you've ever seen in one great gulp. They're distant, and seem to be focused on each other, dancing around each other as they travel through the stars, small glowing beads passing between them. Then one turns, and though you are far far away from it you could swear the immense eyes of the green creatures focuses on you.

Spoiler: Samuel
    Show
    the world freezes around you, and the green skinned elf at your side is gone. Replaced by a humanoid standing tweve feet tall and with skin the colour of molten gold, no not standing suspended in the air. Cooly, the from turns to face you and from it's blank featureless faceplate come the words.

So, this is the path that my enemies have chosen. That is unfortunte. Your family has strong magic. Yours is the strongest in some time. I hope you will impress us all in the wars to come.

Around the wall's light seems to be fading slightly, and the humanoid regards you for a few seconds more, cool and unmoving.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2021-09-13 at 08:16 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Darius

Spoiler
    Show
    With no time to even think, Darius drops swiftly to one knee, holds his longbow out in one hand in offering, and bows his head to the apparition of Mayaheine... or does he? At least in his mind he does so. And whether or not his mouth actually moves, he answers his patroness.

"I will always do my duty, My Lady, no matter the cost... Please, watch over my family," he says, as she fades away.
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2021-09-13 at 04:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prudence

The normally poised half-elf woman drops to her knees, astonished. She scoops up the long-lost map case reverently, holding it to her chest. She marvels at the strange array of sounds and runes dancing around her.

Show
    Decipher script? to try to get any details of the runes or spoken languages around them: (1d20+5)[13]

11. - Top - End - #11

Is this it? Did she just die? Thoughts of blind panic flash through Qamar's mind in quick succession, followed by a strong, relentless vertigo as the scenery around her changes again and again, becoming more and more alien with every step. It all seems gone: Mother and Father and Krogg and the frogs and the mill. It feels like the void outside is leeking into her mind, slowly, inevitably. All is empty. Unreal. She holds her breath, too afraid to inhale. She wants to keep the void out.

When her body finally turns around and she comes face to face with the two mighty beings floating towards her with an impossible, fluid grace, a cold numbness fills her head and spreads down and down, along her spine, into her chest and and limbs. She knows she should feel fear but she doesn't. It's what she wanted after all, isn't it? It must be.

She could never quite figure out how to swim. The frogs made it look easy, of course, but it rally wasn't. Not for her, anyway. Now, however, she has little choice in the matter. She must try to swim the void around her. She flexes her sore muscles and releasing the trapped air from her lungs in a wordless, soundless call, she makes an effort to pull and kick herself forward, towards the great dragons with arm and leg.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Samuel Arvandor

“Ah, just Samuel is fine,” Sam replied, “hey, I think I remember you-“
    Something obviously magical started happening.
    “Stand back,” he said.
    Then she was gone, replaced by light and something that spoke.

“What?” he said as he looked around. He shifted his sight to see if he could find the source of the whatever was happening.

Then he realized that thing was speaking to him.

“What? What’s going on, what enemies?” he asked, “…and who are you?”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Daruis

All those left to me I will, with those closest I can only help you do so. With that the blade comes up between you and as the figures becomes completely translucent a golden flash from the figure seems to reach out to you, and settle inside you. Moments later you find yourself back...

Prudence

The map case is just as you remember it, though the map inside is one you've never seen before. Aside from a compass mark showing how to orient it it only shows a stange irreguar grid of circles connected by lines, with no coasts of landmasses beneath it. One of the circles is the colour of gold while the others are inked with the hue of tarnished bronze.

The runes and words are all unrecognisable to you, and don't seem to form any sentence or have any grammar to them, each muttering or rune standing on it's own. As you peer at them they fade, and the world returns to quiet before you stumble....

Qamar

The great serpentine green dragon regards you as you approach. Then it's eyes close and you feel yourself hammered by concepts. FOREIGN. GOOD. MISPLACED. CORRECT. At that last thought, you feel yourself sucked back out of this void and find yourself flat on your back landing in a heap on .....

Samuel

"A journey is occuring, those blinded by want are the enemies, I am the progenitor. With these final words, the creature vanishes, and you hear the sound of a thud on ....

Prudence and Daruis

... on the oak floors of the inn, aside from a few people stumbling around or knocking things over in panic, and the appearance of a scroll case in Prudence's hands nothing seems to have changed. The people around you show a range of reactions, but most seem greatly shocked by what just happened, stunned into silence and looking for others to confirm what just happened indeed did just happen.

Qamar and Samuel

the dirt path you were previously walking on. The previous revelations though are not explained, and instead compounded by the total change of the world outside. Where once there was some penned in land for grazing, and a field of barely leading into a field of rye further ahead, with the flowers growing in rows nearby, now those are all cut off midway through, replaced by scrubby hillside. Where the wall of light formed, it's now swiftly faded to nothing but there is a lip in the terrain here, with the ground on the outside of the wall being about a foot higher than the ground inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Samuel Arvandor

"Oof," Samuel said as he fell heavily to the ground.

He stood up just as quickly and looked around for any trace of this 'progenitor', and seeing nothing, offered a hand to help up Qamar.

"Are you okay?" he asked. He used his ability to detect magic to see what was around them, to catch any traces of the strange light before it faded completely.
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #15

A pained grimace appears on Qamar's face as she hits the ground. Squinting, she slowly turns her head towards the strange hillside that appeared from what seems to be thin air on the road ahead of the two of them. She then closes her eyes and her lips start moving, trying to form words, but her mouth is awfully dry. She gives up and looks around again, hoping, perhaps, that the hillside won't be there this time. The only thing that changed, however is that the baron's son (Samuel, apparently) is now towering above her. She stares blankly at his extended arm for a few long moments before realizing he's trying to help her get up, at which point he grabs his hand and lets him pull her back into a standing position. His question, on the other hand, is lost on her. Without bothering to dust herself, she takes a couple uncertain steps towards the hill, squinting incredulously. What… she clears her throat What's that? What's just happened? she asks looking back at Samuel and then the town behind him, to make sure it's still there.

Spoiler: A few checks
    Show

Knowledge (arcana): (1d20+7)[18] and
    Spellcraft: (1d20+2)[11] on the effect.

Knowledge (arcana): (1d20+7)[26] on the dragons she saw.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Samuel

For the first few seconds, you only note that the magic arua is present, but only extends over the interior of the portal, with the outside completely dead to magic without even the faintest lingering of other magic. As it resolves over the next few seconds you realise it's overwhelmingly powerful, but not what type of magic it is. Slowly, the arua starts to dissapate onto both sides of the divide, but moving more slowly than normal into the outside, as things calm you see even one the arua sets magic seems to be expanding out though the divide and filling the world beyond until it's beyond the range of your magic detection.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Samuel Arvandor

"I've no idea," Samuel replied, "some kind of... teleport, or something. There was a messenger too, not human. Something very strange has just happened..."
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prudence

As the world changes around her again, Prudence snaps her head up, looking around cautiously. She's clutching a map of some kind and shaking from the sudden twice-over disorientation.

She glances over, seeing the man/kid down on one knee near her. If she just got her case back, did the kid just propose to somebody? Well, he hadn't even had the tea yet, so it seemed unlikely that her breakfast had been drugged. And the case seemed real enough.

Prudence leveraged herself back up to a standing position, looking around at the others in the room, just as shocked as herself. Taking hold of herself, she tries to figure out how to make things better.

"Okay! We're going to get through this. Is anyone hurt? Why don't we all just step out of the building for a moment, to make sure it's not something about this place?"

Clutching the map to her chest, Prudence lurches back to her table to snag her bag, and then stumbles out into the morning sunshine. She looks around to see if others on the streets are similarly shocked.

19. - Top - End - #19

Darius

When you arrive... protect and correct...

"I'm OK... Mairead, are you alright? Come on, we've got to get you home to Grandfather!"

Grabbing his sister's arm, Darius attempts to follow the woman who is speaking. As he gets closer to the door, he releases his grip on the girl and nocks an arrow to his longbow. Who knows what awaits them outside?
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2021-09-15 at 12:25 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quamar

The effet was obviously incredibly powerful magic, beyond anything you've heard about before and without any of the patterns of normal spellcasting. The dragons like beings are a further mystery, with your studies into the two sides of your origins you have heard fragmentry stories of beings called astral dragons, which have shape not unsimiliar to what you saw, but there are still distinc differences and the beings you saw were far far larger.

As for the town it itself is still there, but suddenly the hills that always formed a backdrop to the town at this angle are... different somehow. Replaed by a different hill range.

Prudence and Daruis

As you step outside at first there seems to be little difference apart from the confusion present on the faces of many sometimes turning to panic. In a few seconds though Daruis... you notice that the sun isn't in the same plae in the sky that it once was... and Prudence you smell the scent of a see breeze, made familiar over the course of your travels and the mountains you were heading towards have suddenly... changed into a different set of mountains and hills.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Samuel Arvandor

"Are you feeling okay, any ill effects?" Sam asked.

Assuming everything was normal:
    "Come, let's head to Skir's paddocks," he said, "I want to finish quickly and get back to town; we can make sure he's okay at the same time, as well."
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #22

The hills beyond the town confuse Qamar even further, so much so that she almost misses Samuel's question again. I'm… I'm fine. she says slowly at last. It's just… the green elf stops abruptly mid-sentence. Should she tell the nobleman what she saw? She was told he might know much about things magical, perhaps even matters so frighteningly huge as the planes. On the other hand, she barely knows the man. She resolves not to bring up the subject just yet. It just dawned upon me that had we just walked a bit faster or set out just a bit earlier, we might have… We might have ended up… It freaks me out. she shudders, and it is not an act.

"Come, let's head to Skir's paddocks," he said, "I want to finish quickly and get back to town; we can make sure he's okay at the same time, as well."
    Qamar's eyes narrow slightly as Samuel presents his plan. His priorities are, well, off. I don't know. This is not right. she jerks her head to point at the slope blocking the road. The horizon doesn't look anything like how it should be. she continues gesturing towards the hillcrests past the other side of the town. For all I know, we might not even be in Adelar anymore, and I can't tell if Mother and Father, or, for that matter, um, His Lordship, your noble father and… does he have a mother? He must have a mother. Everyone has a mother. Who's this Skir, anyway? And how's he important right now? Qamar asks abruptly, looking up at Samuel, her hands half raised.

Show
    Questioning nobles might not be a bright idea, but she did dump Wisdom, so…
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2021-09-15 at 09:46 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Samuel Arvandor

"Yes, I know something's wrong. Fannor Skir's one of the people who works our land, he's a sheep farmer," Samuel said, "whatever happened, everyone at the town proper has each other to rely on right now, but he's out a ways. if there's trouble, nobody may get out there for a while. I'd rather check on on him sooner than later, even if he is a royal pain."
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #24

Darius instantly realizes that either the town is now in a new location, or there is the illusion of a new location, or that nothing has happened to the town but something very drastic has reshaped the landscape surrounding the town. He looks in the direction of his home, not far from the inn. The houses there appear unchanged.

"Mairead, run home and tell Grandfather that we are alright, then do whatever he tells you. Let him know that I will check on Aunt Zaara."

25. - Top - End - #25

The green elf's raised hands drop back by her sides and she gives Samuel a brief nod. Alright, sorry, don't mind me. Let's go find Skir.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prudence

As Prudence processes the weirdness of the sun rising in a different location today, and smelling the sea this far inland, Prudence glances down at the maybe-a-map in her hand. She quickly rolls it for further exploration later, and tucks the tube away in her bag.

Running for the stables, Prudence tries to keep her hands from shaking as she begins to saddle her horse. And all the while, one word kept echoing through her head. The lightest of words with the heaviest of implications.

Feathers.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Samuel and Qamar

You soon catch sight of Skir's house, and the surrounding paddocks and the like. The paddocks have been left open over the transition, the fence having poked over the divide and so had part of it be replaced by untouched woodland, letting a few sheep wander free. The house itself also poked over the divide with one corner also disappearing and leaving a small section exposed to the elements and the house looking in danger of collapse. Luckily it was much further than most and so this shouldn't have happened to many buildings. Skir himself along with another man Samuel would recognise as Gil, another shady sort, are both visible down the other path that leads near the house, both sprinting into town.

Daruis

Still bewildered and afraid, Mairead nods her assent before quickly heading off towards your grandfather's home.

As you head in the direction of your Aunt's house, you see that the streets are swiftly growing crowded by panicked people, some looking to you, other's caught up in panicked discussions. Still you make your way through with little issue and soon arrive at the outskirts of town. Your aunt's house is intact and you find her outside of it. She hurries over to you.

"Daruis. What.... What's going on, I was just... and then a wall formed and suddenly everything is...

Through the shock she raises a finger at her beehives, the closest of which are intact but the second row seems to be sliced in half down the middle, with the ground dropping about six inches at that point and beyond that the land is changed totally replaced by a dry scrubby woodland like no area close to citallon has ever seen.

Prudence

When you ride out through the panicked village into the woods beyond you quickly come across a strange dividing line, separating the ground here and some unknown place beyond it. You know feathers had made the habit of nesting not too far from here but see no sign of the landmarks that might have let you identify where beyond this point the little fey creature was staying.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2021-09-15 at 11:57 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prudence

Wheeling her horse around, Prudence cantered back to the town square, in search of anyone who might have the faintest clue what was going on here. Tying up her horse, she reaches back to the map case. After confirming that there are no special messages or clues on either the mysterious map or her beloved case, she turned her attention to trying to work out the meaning of the gold and brass circles, and how they might connect to the world she finds herself in.

29. - Top - End - #29

A shiver runs down Qamar's spine and she audibly gulps as she takes in the scene with the house missing a corner. She tries and fails to suppress the thought that the same could have happened to people, maybe even people she knows. She inches slightly closer to Samuel, hoping that will make her feel at least somewhat safer.
    On the flip side, she's glad to see the two figures making a beeline for the town. It should mean that they won't have to mill about here much longer. See? her voice sounds dry and squeaky. She shakes her head and clears her throat again. The shepherd, um… what was his name again? Skir, I think? Looks like he's in no danger. Could we… Could we just, you know, follow his lead? There's… she gulps again. There's people I'm worried about. Mother and Father must feel the same. She must get back to them.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Samuel Arvandor

“Yeah, c’mon,” Sam replied, and he started running after Skir and Gil.

“Skir! Gil!” Sam calls after them, and he waved his arms to try and get their attention.
    TC for short