A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Chicago Vigilantes [OOC]

Quote Originally Posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
    Wait are we supposed to roll our enemies toughness checks. If so let me do that.

Previously when i the goons save is +4 right?

[roll0]

Forgot to add the plus 4. 8 plus 4 is 12 tho so either way doesn't beat dc 20
    I'm not sure if we always are, but JNA told me to that time.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

General Rule
    If you provoke a save, roll a flat d20 for the person making the save. I will assign modifiers as needed, or reroll (if they have some reroll ability, for instance), or anything else needed. This roll may not always be used-but it can save time.

Edit: Amera, you guys are supposed to be heroes. And incapacitated does NOT mean dead-it just means out of the fight.

If you intend to kill, you have to take deliberate action on an already-downed foe. So please edit your post.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2021-09-25 at 09:48 AM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    General Rule
    If you provoke a save, roll a flat d20 for the person making the save. I will assign modifiers as needed, or reroll (if they have some reroll ability, for instance), or anything else needed. This roll may not always be used-but it can save time.

Edit: Amera, you guys are supposed to be heroes. And incapacitated does NOT mean dead-it just means out of the fight.

If you intend to kill, you have to take deliberate action on an already-downed foe. So please edit your post.
    1 sorry. I assumed because of the guy with the sharp polearm that we were going lethal. Sorry for the assumption.

2 technically heroes can kill. War heroes exist for a reason. Tho to avoid an argument I'll leave it there.

4. - Top - End - #94

1 sorry. I assumed because of the guy with the sharp polearm that we were going lethal. Sorry for the assumption.

2 technically heroes can kill. War heroes exist for a reason. Tho to avoid an argument I'll leave it there.
    For the tone of this game, killing should not be done lightly. Certainly not to random mooks who might just be desperate for cash, or being blackmailed, or any other reason they're criminals from circumstance rather than evil.

Show
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

For the tone of this game, killing should not be done lightly. Certainly not to random mooks who might just be desperate for cash, or being blackmailed, or any other reason they're criminals from circumstance rather than evil.
    1 fair enough. Got it.

2 btw currently my character is immune to bullets right now in my prepared immunities post. (It's the 3rd post on the 2ed page of the ic.

6. - Top - End - #96

1 fair enough. Got it.

2 btw currently my character is immune to bullets right now in my prepared immunities post. (It's the 3rd post on the 2ed page of the ic.
    Well, they're still shooting. They don't know that yet. :P

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

My attack roll

(1d20+4)[8]

And just in case if it hits the goons here's their toughness save.

(1d20+4)[22]

8. - Top - End - #98

Chimera

Because MnM is based on classic comics, you can shoot a guy in the chest, stab him with a polearm, and freeze him solid without killing him. So even if I stab a guy, he's just injured and incapacitated, not dead. Or if you shoot someone they're just riddled with buckshot and unable to fight. Killing and getting killed in this game is not easy, and I don't even think it can happen on accident.

So we can just, literally shoot a dude with a missile launcher and not worry about him dying.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Because MnM is based on classic comics, you can shoot a guy in the chest, stab him with a polearm, and freeze him solid without killing him. So even if I stab a guy, he's just injured and incapacitated, not dead. Or if you shoot someone they're just riddled with buckshot and unable to fight. Killing and getting killed in this game is not easy, and I don't even think it can happen on accident.

So we can just, literally shoot a dude with a missile launcher and not worry about him dying.
    Makes sense i guess.

Btw goodnight! I assume gm describes how npcs succeed while players describe how pcs succeed so since the goon succeeded i can just go to sleep. Sorry if I'm incorrect.

10. - Top - End - #100

Makes sense i guess.

Btw goodnight! I assume gm describes how npcs succeed while players describe how pcs succeed so since the goon succeeded i can just go to sleep. Sorry if I'm incorrect.
    Yeah, no worries. Sleep well.

It is Scramble's turn, though, so let's see what she does.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2021-09-25 at 11:52 AM.

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Reading ahead for my turn - if Dahlia keeps running on the trust that the wolfman isn't bothered with her, how fast would she need to be to circle around and back in through another entrance or window with the remainder of her move, leaving her action available to get stuck in?
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2021-09-25 at 12:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    Reading ahead for my turn - if Dahlia keeps running on the trust that the wolfman isn't bothered with her, how fast would she need to be to circle around and back in through another entrance or window with the remainder of her move, leaving her action available to get stuck in?
    I'll call that Movement Rank 3 to get in by another way, since you're moving around the outside.

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Movement 5 gets me inside after a free action metamorph, and Jezebelís routine intimidate comes out at DC20, plus whatever modifier is appropriate for them being scared already! Will finish formatting when I get home!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Herpderp, forgot I can't edit in a defense roll for the mooks and possibly the civilians.

Here's some D20 rolls, DM! Do with them what you will.

(1d20)[10]
    (1d20)[2]

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

The sexy devil will try to get everyoneís numbers, and literally take them all to dinner after the cops finish with their reports. Of course, she will have to yield control back to Dahlia for that part. When everyoneís ready, Iím happy to move on- either to a dinner scene where we all explain our scticks to each other and speculate about the wolfman that quantum no doubt watches escape (or shoots)Ö or else to something later past the shawarma scene.

16. - Top - End - #106

Chimera

Well, Foundry took you up on dinner and the offer of working together from Tough-Guy, but he is not being the friendliest social porcupine right now.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

The strongest alloys require hotter furnaces, oh warrior~

Also it occurs to me that none of us saw Quantum in action! But he sure as hell saw all of us, so he has an excuse to invite himself into the conversation or to dinner!

18. - Top - End - #108

Chimera

Yeah, plus I do know the guy, we had a personal discussion before all of this, powers included.

Also the flirting might not go over to well with Foundry, he's kind of set on one thing in his life right now and it certainly isn't romance.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Well, Quantum is trying to shoot the wolfman, but apparently at the moment not quite succeeding.

As for the flrting, he wasn't even there for it, but as long as Jezebel is a feminine form, he don't swing that way anyway.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Honestly, nothing would please her more than making these do-folders uncomfortable or annoyed, so that works for me. :)

21. - Top - End - #111

Chimera

Honestly, nothing would please her more than making these do-folders uncomfortable or annoyed, so that works for me. :)
    It's a 50/50 toss up between laughing and threats woth him honestly.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

It's a 50/50 toss up between laughing and threats woth him honestly.
    Roll it then! Hahaha.

23. - Top - End - #113

[COLOR="#800080"]
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I know they're corrupt, I meant that as victims we'd need to give our statements, but obviously I don't want to outright say that in front of the professor. Although really, does he think it's a big ol'coincidence we just all happened to be here at this highly unimportant meeting?
    Does he think that? God no. He's a man of science! These things have explanations.

But... I mean, out of character, you all being here is pretty much just coincidence. You're all smart heroes, but it was more a metagame reason to have you here than an in-character reason.

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #114

Chimera

Ture enough. But yeah, I wasn't saying wait around for the cops as heros, I was saying
    "We have to all go pretend to be scared and temporarily traumitized mensa members first"

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Ture enough. But yeah, I wasn't saying wait around for the cops as heros, I was saying
    "We have to all go pretend to be scared and temporarily traumitized mensa members first"
    Thatís what Iíd thought as well. Thus Jezebel taking a moment to help create a plausible sequence of events so itís less obvious to those investigating that 5 people vanished as soon as the threat showed up, including both the security guards and the on site coordinator, and then 5 capes showed up and openness fire! But I get this isnít exactly the aspect weíre meant to get bogged down in, and if youíre keen to say ďyou disentangle from the police investigation with a minimum of fussĒ and leave it at that, thatís cool!

26. - Top - End - #116

Thatís what Iíd thought as well. Thus Jezebel taking a moment to help create a plausible sequence of events so itís less obvious to those investigating that 5 people vanished as soon as the threat showed up, including both the security guards and the on site coordinator, and then 5 capes showed up and openness fire! But I get this isnít exactly the aspect weíre meant to get bogged down in, and if youíre keen to say ďyou disentangle from the police investigation with a minimum of fussĒ and leave it at that, thatís cool!
    Yeah. With Jezebel's abilities, I think it's okay to just move on to the diner.

Y'all can narrate your arrivals, or I can after work. Whichever you'd prefer.

Show
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Call it Medicine Expertise for this roll.
    That puts my total at 13 + 8 = 21 then.

Edit: Yikes, with that 9 for Sleight of Hand, here's hoping the police don't search me at all...

Also, sorry, I feel like I'm holding us up from moving on. But Fred's not gonna just leave a hostage without a word.
    Last edited by Breitheamh; 2021-09-28 at 12:24 PM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

No worries, that's good heroing. I'll post a diner thing for Triquetra probably during my lunch break!

29. - Top - End - #119

Chimera

Just so were clear, Foundry grabs Quantum and brings him along to the diner meeting, since he has his number and also knows the guy.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

Sounds good. And sorry about punching the scene along! I know Quantum is still sort of wrapping his interaction and Scramble hasnít really gotten to respond to the whole resolution of the fight. I just posted because I was about to leave for work, and wasnít sure Iíd get another chance today. Donít be afraid to wrap your own scene endings up at your pace then star-wipe to you at the diner!