A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Chicago Vigilantes [OOC]

Oh, right! Well, it's a change of scene, so it stands to reason all the same.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    Oh, right! Well, it's a change of scene, so it stands to reason all the same.
    Cool. I'll wait for gm for final confirmation tho.
    Just a note i got adhd and autism.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

We could try hitting them all one after the other using something like a shock and awe approach. I have inventor, and chemistry. I could whip up flashbacks and/or bombs.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

And Sister Dahlia can crank out a holy hand grenade with artificer!

5. - Top - End - #185

Chimera

And Sister Dahlia can crank out a holy hand grenade with artificer!
    Nice! Since I work mainly with metal and minerals I was thinking maybe a Thermite/ phosphorus combo? I know thermite m8ght be a bit much but it would save us the time of actually having to infiltrate. Just light the warehouse and wait for them to run screaming from the building. Rinse and repeat.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
    Cool. I'll wait for gm for final confirmation tho.
    Yeah, rejigger away. :)
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just realised i should of asked 1st but i think explosives is 10 points and the other 2 are 20 points each. Feel free to correct me.
    Just a note i got adhd and autism.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

We can double up the jury-rigged explosives. I also have the Inventor advantage. And I figure I can be on recon/overwatch a rooftop or two away in a sniper's nest.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

An explosion proof man walks into the hideout. He is carrying a huge cardboard box full of ticking clocks and dynamite. “Surrender,” he suggests.

10. - Top - End - #190

Right-you've got cars, so you can definitely get to the hideout.

Can you detail, with mechanics, what the plan is OOC?

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #191

Chimera

An explosion proof man walks into the hideout. He is carrying a huge cardboard box full of ticking clocks and dynamite. “Surrender,” he suggests.
    Your right! Tough immune to bombs, that is a perfect use of our insane abilities.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Right-you've got cars, so you can definitely get to the hideout.

Can you detail, with mechanics, what the plan is OOC?
    So, I think the first step is using our Inventor abilities to make some stun grenades, flashbangs, tear gas canisters, etc.

Then scope out the first hideout, then send in Tough Guy with the explosives, and subsequently pick off stragglers as they try to escape.

Does that sound about right?
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

13. - Top - End - #193

Yeah, seems reasonable.

With Inventor, how long does it take to make the bombs?

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #194

Chimera

Yeah, seems reasonable.

With Inventor, how long does it take to make the bombs?
    It's not a super long action if I'm not mistake, we make a roll, and then the number we get after modifiers is the amount of points we get to spend on the effect.

We should have the equipment for it, I'm a chemist in game so I should have rough gear, and bombs are sadly one of the easiest chemical devices to get materials to make. Kitchen sinks have a lot of what you need.

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    It's not a super long action if I'm not mistake, we make a roll, and then the number we get after modifiers is the amount of points we get to spend on the effect.

We should have the equipment for it, I'm a chemist in game so I should have rough gear, and bombs are sadly one of the easiest chemical devices to get materials to make. Kitchen sinks have a lot of what you need.
    Roll for it, then.

Roll well.

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

There’s a design roll the dm makes in secret for you, then a construction roll. Both are processes of hours, but you can use a VP to bodge something together lickety split.

17. - Top - End - #197

Chimera

Roll for it, then.

Roll well.
    It says to use technology for inventor, but I was wondering if I could use my Chemistery skill since, you know, it's my specialty and I'm making a chemically based bomb.

Also yeah, so we need to figure how many points it costs, then that helps determine the number of hours and the DC.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-21 at 08:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198

It says to use technology for inventor, but I was wondering if I could use my Chemistery skill since, you know, it's my specialty and I'm making a chemically based bomb.

Also yeah, so we need to figure how many points it costs, then that helps determine the number of hours and the DC.
    Ah, garch.

Using Chemistry feels fine here-determine what you want the bombs to do and I'll help assign the DC.

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #199

Chimera

Ah, garch.

Using Chemistry feels fine here-determine what you want the bombs to do and I'll help assign the DC.
    I think we were talking some flashbang heavy noise and sound options, so probably an area of affect ranged affliction?

Although, I did suggest using high grade incediaries to just light the buildings up, and then we could use our holy magic girls Artifice to keep the flames at bay.

But I think we were leaning towards super flash bang.

Oh and tear gas! Definitley want that tear gas, it's better than lighting the building on fire.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-21 at 10:07 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

I’m gonna make a “heal bomb” which will actually be just an area heal dispensed through an aspergellum. I’ll knock out a design tonight, but it’s a secondary priority, so don’t wait for me if the scene is pending.

21. - Top - End - #201

Chimera

I’m gonna make a “heal bomb” which will actually be just an area heal dispensed through an aspergellum. I’ll knock out a design tonight, but it’s a secondary priority, so don’t wait for me if the scene is pending.
    I don't think its coming up to quick.

That being said, I think that bombs wise, we have a few options:

Quantum and I could each jury rig seperate batches, say, me Teargas-like ones, agitants and the like, and him flashbang grenades, or, we create one variety and cut the time in half because we both worked on it, and add our rolls together or something, IDK, thats a GM call.

Also do you want us to roll now or after we've gotten points and DC down?

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Looking at the equipment section, flash-bangs are ranged burst area dazzle 4 which affects 2 senses, and tear gas is ranged cloud area affliction 4 which imposes 2 afflictions.

I think that means their cost in Power Points is the same as their equipment point cost, which is 16. Which puts them outside the range of doing it as a routine check for me.
    DC for inventor stuff is always 10+power point cost of the invention. My routine technology check is 22.

We could drop some of the rider effects, like make invisible tear gas so it doesn’t cause visual impairment or visual disabling, only daze, stun, and incapacitate effects, and make flash grenades to only affect vision rather than hitting hearing and vision.
    Last edited by Breitheamh; Yesterday at 05:41 AM.
    Show

Town Square execution.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

I can routine a 25, so Dahlia is going to take some time to mingle some holy waters from a Siberian glacier that St Nicholas of Myra is said to have blessed, with a pinch of rust residue from Charlemagne's chainmail.

Power: Regeneration. (Area (Shapable)+1 per rank, Sustained, Concentration -1 Per Rank. Feature: Reshape the zone each round as a free action, +1 Flat; Noticable, -1 Flat.). 5 ranks, 5 points. The net effect is a mist she can disperse from her aspergillum that curls supernaturally around to fill 30 cubic feet of contiguous space around her, and applies Regeneration 5 to each target in the zone. That's a -1 penalty removed every other round. Normally regeneration lasts "permenantly" (i.e, for a scene, with a gadget); but I've modified it down to concentration. Enough to get us all back and kicking if we're caught in an unlucky explosion or butt kicking, but not sufficient to make us all unkillable for a scene.

That'd be a DC 15 design check (Routine). I kept the cost down so I could use two instances of the -5 modifier to make it faster, so instead of taking 5 HOURS to design it takes 5 15 minute segments, or an hour and a quarter. Likewise, construction is a DC 15 I can bump up to a DC 25 to get done in 5 hours instead of 20. With six and a half hours, I think Dahlia can crank out one of these things the following day and be ready for the night raids without also being a monotask zombie!

24. - Top - End - #204

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Breitheamh View Post
    Looking at the equipment section, flash-bangs are ranged burst area dazzle 4 which affects 2 senses, and tear gas is ranged cloud area affliction 4 which imposes 2 afflictions.

I think that means their cost in Power Points is the same as their equipment point cost, which is 16. Which puts them outside the range of doing it as a routine check for me.
    DC for inventor stuff is always 10+power point cost of the invention. My routine technology check is 22.

We could drop some of the rider effects, like make invisible tear gas so it doesn’t cause visual impairment or visual disabling, only daze, stun, and incapacitate effects, and make flash grenades to only affect vision rather than hitting hearing and vision.
    I have a +10 in chemistery, which is the maximum at our level if I'm not mistaken, but I dont have any reliable talent boosts or anything. So that'll be a 20 routine check. Here's what I'm thinking: We make one batch of bombs, not two, and see if JNA will let us combine our checks for it. Then we go for a higher tier of the one we chose, I'm leaning towards working together to make super teargas.

25. - Top - End - #205

I have a +10 in chemistery, which is the maximum at our level if I'm not mistaken, but I dont have any reliable talent boosts or anything. So that'll be a 20 routine check. Here's what I'm thinking: We make one batch of bombs, not two, and see if JNA will let us combine our checks for it. Then we go for a higher tier of the one we chose, I'm leaning towards working together to make super teargas.
    I won't allow you to fully combine checks-that'd get ridiculous real fast.

But I'll allow for Aiding Another-DC 10 for +2 to the ally's check, with an extra +2 for each degree of success.

Show
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

Skill limit for our power level is 10+ the PL of 5, so 15! Room to grow!

The super-teargas sounds great; but I think you guys are gonna need to burn the midnight oil to get it done. It's 1 hour per point to design the things, and 4 hours per point to build them! You can shift both catagories by taking -5 penalties.

The rules don't seem to mention it, but I'd like to throw myself on the GM's mercy and ask that once we succeed at creating a design, we be allowed to keep that design without having to redesign it over and over again.

The alternative to the prohibitive timescale is to spend a VP to jury-rig one up - but you'll have to actually make the roll, and at +5 difficulty!

27. - Top - End - #207

Skill limit for our power level is 10+ the PL of 5, so 15! Room to grow!

The super-teargas sounds great; but I think you guys are gonna need to burn the midnight oil to get it done. It's 1 hour per point to design the things, and 4 hours per point to build them! You can shift both catagories by taking -5 penalties.

The rules don't seem to mention it, but I'd like to throw myself on the GM's mercy and ask that once we succeed at creating a design, we be allowed to keep that design without having to redesign it over and over again.

The alternative to the prohibitive timescale is to spend a VP to jury-rig one up - but you'll have to actually make the roll, and at +5 difficulty!
    Once designed, you can keep the design.

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

Truly, you are a merciful deity.