New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Stormrunners [IC]

The Meeting

Savoring his temporary reprieve from having to speak Aenslish, Constantine's response to Rachel's gesture was an ice-cold smile, followed by a small nod. It certainly would not have been the first time he left a trail of corpses by way of warning, though the need to rescue the hostages complicated matters. Had this been a normal job, he'd have charged extra for survivors. As the group filtered out of Leblanc's apartments to prepare for their nighttime raid, he found the eyes of Elizabeth Strife and gave a shallow nod before following Lavender onto the street.

The Apartment

Crouching down to the shadows beneath his bed, Constantine retrieved the lacquered red case of Silence, pulling an oiled silk bowstring from its coil and slowly testing the bow's pull. It never disappointed him. The deep, lethal vibration of an experimental release was soon echoing through the enclosed space, Constantine's side of the partition a uniform shadowed mass in contrast to Lavender's striking silhouette.

<"Why do you think I came looking? My dark and terrible powers foretold your potential.">

Pulling back the dividing curtain, Lavender found him reclining back in the tattered armchair that was at differing times his chosen archery butt and favored perch, long legs draped gracefully over one arm, antlered head staring out an open window at the disgusting clamor below. An appraising look at his companion was followed by a true smile, white teeth flashing in the gloom.

<"And you've certainly learned well. Shares in the airship are just another leash for the vampire - I'd rather keep my interests safely removed from whatever conspiracies he's entertaining to stave off insanity. No doubt this mission of "exploration" has layers within layers that we are not yet privy to.">

Returning to his feet with a grunt, Constantine checked the straps of his dull armor.

<"Either way, there is sure to be no shortage of prey on such an expedition, and with any luck some skulls to add to your tally.">

Pulling an arrow free of his quiver, he gave the enormous hammer a playful tap.

<"You're still behind.">

40th and Spencer

Invisible in the darkness of the stolen garage lamps, Constantine kept a vigilant eye on the warehouse's open door as the others in their group arrived.

"Not enough men. They'll have patrols where we can't see them then."

At last, he deigned to move enough for his eyes to catch the light.

"Wandslinger, warlock, if you're as capable as you claim then the roof should provide easy access for you to take the high ground. Hammer and I can clear the warehouse ground floor. The client wants this to look amateurish, so we'll need a distraction - pilot, can you hotwire this aerocar and crash it into the front shops?"

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

40th and Spencer

"I can, but..." She glanced at the aerocars and the shops, waffling between a desire to be helpful and a desire to avoid collateral. "...do these even belong to our targets? Are we sure we want to ruin someone else's car and shops if they aren't even related to the people we're after? We could end up making a lot of enemies in a hurry that way..."
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground

Zeb nodded at Rachel's objections.

"More pertinently, this is likely going to be a noisy enough shinding as it is once we make contact. This will go a hell of a lot better if we keep things as quiet as possible. If we do need a distraction, giving the car a good thwack or two might suffice. Sometimes they'll have a magic alarm of sorts - we lure them out there, then we have the option to either get the drop on them then, or sneak around them while they're fussing over the car."

Spoiler: OOC - Zeb's ultimate plan
    Show
    Regardless of the decision made regarding distractions, Zeb's plan will be to circle around to the fire escape with whoever is assigned to him (possibly Abigail, assuming Oth doesn't object to Dark's plan). He will then get a boost from them, climb up onto the escape, and lower his rope for the other person.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2021-10-07 at 10:06 PM.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh! I-I-I wasn't trying to brag. I was just..." trying to justify my inclusion on a team of what are apparently hardened ne'er-do-wells "...trying to be helpful! And of course you can have a light. Cinnamon, socialize!" At what was apparently a voice command, one of the homunculus's arms flipped open to expose a heated surface, similar to the lighter found in higher end air cars. The tiny floating construct extended that arm to the tip of Lavender's cigarette.

"The baseball player?!" Rachel gasped, but then checked herself. "No, that's Jack Berrystein. Why did I even...? Sorry, it's a pleasure to meet you both."

"Thank you! I'm Rachel Blackwood, daughter of the late Earl Blackwood, alchemist and artificer, at your service."
    "Thank you for the light." Lavender squinted at Rachel through the smoke as she tried to get a read on the woman and mostly failed.

"An artificer, how fascinating. If your little friend here is any indication, I'm sure you'll prove to be quite helpful." Lavender found herself trying to boost Rachel's confidence, to her own amusement.

"If it's any consolation, I think he'd make a fine baseball player." Dimples appeared in her cheeks as she gave Rachel a playful smile before her attention turned to the others who began to introduce themselves. Some names she recognized and some she didn't. She nodded at Abigail as the woman introduced herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lleban View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    After the meeting in the Lobby

Noticing this is the time for introduction, Giovani briefly but garishly bowed to his compatriots. His back only protesting a little from the swiftness of the motion.

"Ah yes, I am Professor Giovani Zapata IV, and the manikin to my left is y loyal butler Felix, yes he will be coming along, no this isn't negotiable. I specialize in the Anima school of magic, but I'm proficient in most schools."

Taking out a cigar and pointing it at Rachel

" I generally try to avoid direct violence with my gifts, not because I won't light up una cagna, but because it's incredibly gauche. No offense to any of you obviously."

Giovanni added motioning to his butler. "My partner Felix is good at dancing, violin playing, mixing drinks, and carrying luggage. Truly truly a modern skillset for a modern age."
    "No offense taken." Lavender replied with a tight smile, obviously offended.

"Interesting you imbued your butler with such a modern skillset since your own views are so... old fashioned. Did you inherit him?" She blinked innocently at the verbose man and favored him with a sweet smile.

40th and Spencer

"Zeb, wasn't it?" Lavender addressed the man who looked a bit different than the first time they'd met earlier today.

"You mentioned disguising ourselves?" She put a finger to her cheek as if contemplating the idea.

"Black as Midnight." She muttered beneath her breath and her cloak billowed out behind her and darkened to black in a wave of color. Lavender looked pleased and then touched her finger to her hair, which turned a light shade of pink.

"There, how's that? Nobody would ever expect somebody with pink hair to be named Lavender!" She threw her head back and laughed heartily at herself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    The Apartment

Crouching down to the shadows beneath his bed, Constantine retrieved the lacquered red case of Silence, pulling an oiled silk bowstring from its coil and slowly testing the bow's pull. It never disappointed him. The deep, lethal vibration of an experimental release was soon echoing through the enclosed space, Constantine's side of the partition a uniform shadowed mass in contrast to Lavender's striking silhouette.

<"Why do you think I came looking? My dark and terrible powers foretold your potential.">

Pulling back the dividing curtain, Lavender found him reclining back in the tattered armchair that was at differing times his chosen archery butt and favored perch, long legs draped gracefully over one arm, antlered head staring out an open window at the disgusting clamor below. An appraising look at his companion was followed by a true smile, white teeth flashing in the gloom.

<"And you've certainly learned well. Shares in the airship are just another leash for the vampire - I'd rather keep my interests safely removed from whatever conspiracies he's entertaining to stave off insanity. No doubt this mission of "exploration" has layers within layers that we are not yet privy to.">

Returning to his feet with a grunt, Constantine checked the straps of his dull armor.

<"Either way, there is sure to be no shortage of prey on such an expedition, and with any luck some skulls to add to your tally.">

Pulling an arrow free of his quiver, he gave the enormous hammer a playful tap.

<"You're still behind.">
    Lavender's face warmed as he lauded her potential and growth, even as she wondered for the hundredth time how he had found her. Not that she doubted that he did indeed have dark and terrible powers, she had seen him in action many, many times by now. She couldn't admit it, even to herself, but deep down, in the most secret part of her heart where she didn't dare look, there was a tiny seed of hope that it had been her father who had sent Connie after her.

<"Of course I've learned well, you've been my teacher after all."> Her tone implied that her competency could be the only natural result of his tutelage. She pulled on her tattered cloak and wrinkled her small nose at him.

<"Well, obviously I'm behind, you've been doing this longer than I have!"> She harrumphed, willfully ignoring that Connie's current count had began at the same time as hers. She gave him a pouty look with her purple eyes, but she couldn't keep the dour expression on her face. For all she knew that everyone's reaction to him was always a sort of wary avoidance, she had always found his presence a comfort.

<"But you're right about one thing, my Hammer's been dry for too long."> The smile that lit her face was gleeful as the last trace of indignance dissipated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

After the meeting in the Lobby

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperP. View Post

"No offense taken."
    Lavender replied with a tight smile, obviously offended.

"Interesting you imbued your butler with such a modern skillset since your own views are so... old fashioned. Did you inherit him?" She blinked innocently at the verbose man and favored him with a sweet smile.

Giovani let out a light huff rippling his bushy mustache.

"I prefer classic myself."

Giovani shrugged obviously taken aback, he'd heard this refrain before. Too many young people these days were too eager to discount the arts of anima and blood. He then turned to Felix, gently taking out his handkerchief, and began dutifully polishing the doll's porcelain visage.

"That's a complicated question miss, yes I did inherit Felix, and yes I did make him. The Zapata line has been making intelligent dolls for over a century, each Zapata iterating and improving on initial the model to create a perfect manservant."

He looked back at Lavender with a strange mix of and morose, like a tutor forced to fail their favorite student. His eyes betraying the weight of recent events on his psyche he quietly responded. " In a world of people willing to stab you in the back, your best ally is the one you make yourself."

40th and Spencer

Trying his best to keep his voice down, was for Giovani, like trying to prevent the steam from exiting the teapot. The effort leaving his face red and mustache bristling. Felix was doing his best to relive this unenviable state of affairs by slowly massaging the man's shoulders. There were just always so many knots, it just isn't good for a bad back.

"With my command of Anima and can make any one of you much faster than you may otherwise be seizing them like an owl seizes a mouse."

Unable to resist he begins rapidly pointing to Lavender, Zeb, and Constantine, unable to decide which.

"Of course if you're committed to a distraction strategy, Felix has a violin solo just for this occasion, and what dare I say is more amateurish than playing the concerto of the Emerald Sky at a rescue and not at a celebration. The discordance is maddening if I say so myself. "
    Beautiful Avatar thanks to Gengy

Hangs out on the World building forums

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Spoiler: The gift that keeps on giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving some more
    Show
    Spoiler: Metric tons of giving
    Show
    Spoiler: Keep going
    Show
    Spoiler: Suprise
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

40th and Spencer

Grateful for the alternatives to wanton crimes on random people, Rachel nodded. "Do we want to try to surround all the exits in case some escape, or are we not worried about that?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

"The roof is fine for me," Abigail answered to Constantine. "I won't need to climb though, so if Zeb can get himself up on his own without making any noise, I think we'll be fine."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The plan works for me. If the rest of you are going in on the ground floor, I'll just fly up.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

8. - Top - End - #68

"I can get up without any noise if someone can give me a boost. Otherwise I'd probably have to use my grappling hook."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

"Then take this." The Alchemist dug out a tiny vial full of sky blue fluid, faintly luminescent. "You will be able to fly. Slowly. For a little while. Actually, Lavender, if you're going to go in and start knocking heads with that hammer, take this." She pulled out another one, this one full of a dull muddy-colored substance. "It should help shield you from harm. No side effects. Horrible taste, sorry."

10. - Top - End - #70

Zeb took the offered extract from Rachel and nodded gratefully. "That's everything done for me, then." He took a look around at everyone else, waiting for any final objections or interjections. "Anyone else have any final words?"
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2021-10-10 at 11:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Toussaint left quickly after the meeting with only a nod to Zeb as he headed off. He arrived at the warehouse on 40th and Spencer in time to get a look at the neighborhood before meeting the rest of his new confrères, but not before they had already begun working on plans.

"Have we all made it then? The plan sounds well and good, but if we are all coming down from rooftops it might look a little- too professional, mais non?" He had changed into something less conspicuous, and now wore a plain brown canvas overcoat and a black beret.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

40th and Spencer

"Ah, I shouldn't be questioning the professionals. Look, just tell me where to attack and how you'd like me to do so. I'll figure it out." With that, Rachel pulled up the edge of her cloak, covering her mouth and nose. Then she flipped her hood up and over, the action also unfolding a pair of mantle flaps over her shoulders. The hood also folded out to reveal a set of goggles, completely covering the alchemist. "To keep fumes out of my eyes and nose," she explained, only barely muffled. "And you don't want flying acid droplets on the skin. Fashion has to give way at some point."

13. - Top - End - #73

"Perhaps. At the very least, however, I would like to see if I can get a look inside."

"Well, then, everyone, good hunting."

And doing so, he proceeded to sneak around to the fire escape, keeping to the shadows as best he could and as silent as he could, and waited until he could not spot anyone else before swallowing the extract Rachel had given him and floating as far up as he could.

Show
    He will go as far up the fire escape or to the roof, whichever, is higher, and stealth his way over to the skylight.

Stealth: 21 (see dice thread)
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2021-10-10 at 11:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    Toussaint left quickly after the meeting with only a nod to Zeb as he headed off. He arrived at the warehouse on 40th and Spencer in time to get a look at the neighborhood before meeting the rest of his new confrères, but not before they had already begun working on plans.

"Have we all made it then? The plan sounds well and good, but if we are all coming down from rooftops it might look a little- too professional, mais non?" He had changed into something less conspicuous, and now wore a plain brown canvas overcoat and a black beret.
    "Do you want me to knock on the door and ask for a cup of sugar Signore, is that amateurish enough."

One could actually see the Atma crystal flicker above his head. Giovani quickly cast haste on Lavender before quickly walking toward the door of the warehouse.

"Obviously anyone that's not climbing up the rafters like some sort of monkey-spider is welcome to follow."

After some aggressive stomping, Giovani stopped five feet before the door, before barking orders at Felix, adjusting his demeanor appropriately.

"Felix, knock on the door and use your hips this time."

Clearing his throat he continued.

"CAPO get your ass out of here, your old man has come to see you, I need to sugar and rum. I know you're in there LUIGI !!"
    Last edited by Lleban; 2021-10-10 at 11:54 PM.

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Watching dumbfounded as the toymaker chose to act as a distraction of his own volition, Constantine shared a glance with Lavender. Exchanging shrugs, the two professionals slipped into the shadows of the high-rises, circling around to the front of the warehouse. His eyes gleaming in the eternal twilight of the modern city, Constantine searched for an open window in the façade, or failing that, one where light shone through the glass.

Spoiler: Constantine Stealth
    Show
    Roll: (1d20+9)[14]
    Advantage: (1d20+9)[17]

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Lavender was in the middle of casting Bless on herself, Zeb and Connie when Rachel offered her the vial with the muddy-colored fluid. She took it and without another thought, drank it down in one go.

"Eh, I've tasted worse." She winked at the other woman and was surprised when Giovanni cast his own spell over her.

"Merci..." Her delight was tempered a bit as the man marched over and knocked on the door. She looked over at Connie to see him return her glance and followed his lead around the side of the building, keeping to the shadows as he searched for an open window.

Spoiler: ooc and stealth
    Show
    Current effects: Bless, Haste, +1 to AC from Rachel.
    Stealth (Advantage thanks to the cloak)
    (1d20+4)[7]
    (1d20+4)[6]
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    #Notallinfluencers

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

"Let's see what can be glimpsed from the air," Abigail muttered. Focusing upon her ring, she uttered an invocation and made a few quick motions with her hands. A heartbeat later, she rose into the air and drifted toward the building's roof.

Show
    I will cast Fly upon myself. It is a concentration spell. I'll head up to the roof to see what I can see.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Zeb, Abigail
    On the Roof

The roof is flat, covered in tar paper and fine gravel. On the southern corner, there is a helpfully labeled stairwell. The door has no handle and cannot be opened from the outside without a shim (a flat hook shaped tool that can be slipped through the gap in a door to trip the latch).

Three long pyramid shaped skylights provide the warehouse with most of its natural light. At the moment, that's an ungenerous half moon worth of illumination.

On the warehouse floor below, you spy a folding table where three men in white tank tops are playing cards. One of them has a cheap wand on the table. The others have short swords.

A catwalk is mounted to the southern wall, twenty feet above the warehouse floor. There are six doors on the southern wall, likely leading to offices, more secure storerooms, and the stairwell. A man in a black suit with a trilby leans out over the railing, seemingly pensive. He has a gold watch that's easy to pick out even in the bad light. He converses with the fellow next to him, a man in a less expensive tweed suit who talks with his hands.

In the northern corner of the warehouse floor, there is a squat heavy lifting doll with a posture like an ape. It's painted bright yellow -- typical for industrial machinery. It isn't well armored, but it's robust enough to lift several tons. It's likely slow moving and may not be programmed to attack. Dolls made for industrial applications typically aren't, and it may be illegal for some dolls to have combat capabilities, but it's easy enough to find a mage willing to reprogram one on the lowdown.

In the shelves, a man is taking a nap atop several sacks of flour.

The fellow who was smoking flinches when Abigail gets between him and the moon. He doesn't cry out, but immediately snuffs his cigarette beneath his heel and hurries over to the control console. The open garage door hums to life and begins descending.

About that time, Gioani can be heard shouting in the side alley. The man in tweed and the capo reach into their jackets and pull wands from their holsters. They lean over the railing and look towards the door to the alley.

Giovani
    Side Alley

No reply from inside the warehouse, but in the apartment building behind him, a dog starts barking. Its owner shouts, "Stai zitto!"

Constantine, Lavender
    Moving south on the sidewalk by Spencer

The short street-facing side of the building is drab and devoid of windows or ornamentation with one exception. On the third floor, there is a single narrow window, which you guess sits level with the catwalk.

Everyone Else

The man who was having a smoke outside the garage door starts at something, stamps out his cigarette and moves inside. Soon after, the mechanical door begins to descend. You have 1 round before it closes!
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

His target clear, Constantine leapt onto the building's facade and began to climb. His gloved fingers finding handholds in seemingly sheer brick and plaster, he was at the level of the third floor window in scant seconds, his emerald eyes peering in from the darkness to take in the scene beyond.

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel - Garage Door

Rachel, seeing no better options now that they'd done as instructed and made this a proper mess, simply ducked under the door as it was closing and stepped into the warehouse. Upon seeing the lifter doll, she made a beeline for that.

21. - Top - End - #81

Zeb quickly took in the scene from the skylight.

So a total of six people. Not insurmountable by any means.

Then Giovanni started yelling, and the men started moving, one of them closing the mechanical door into the warehouse.

Well, that got their attention. And while their attention is there, now is the best time for me to do my thing.

Briefly, Zeb considered smashing through the skylight and dropping in shooting. However, ultimately deciding against this, he gestured to Abigail to follow him, then kept low and crept back across the roof towards the door in the southern corner.

If we can get in while their attention is drawn by the others, we can sneak up on the man with the watch - that's got to be the capo - and take him and his crony by surprise.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2021-10-15 at 11:40 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Initiative!

Having already rudely reached for their weapons when Giovani approached and began yelling, Rachel's sudden sprint inside the warehouse was all the excuse the Fontana's needed to start blasting and perhaps ask questions later.

"Hey! What'sa matta you? This some kind of sorority initiation or somethin'?" the underboss shouted, equal parts bewildered and angry. He didn't wait for an answer, instead lining up the running girl and squeezing off two white-blue bolts with masterful aim. Rachel's left shoulder throbbed with a numb pain as sudden frostbite washed over her. [Rachel takes 21 cold damage]

This was followed by an illustrative command of, "Ice 'em!" to his two compatriots also holding frost wands. The man in tweed dashed down the catwalk to try and get a line on Rachel from around the shelving.

Meanwhile on the warehouse floor, one man seized up his wand from the card table and shot over Giovani' shoulder. Two others hurried over to block the entrance as the garage door clanked downward, waving Giovani and Felix off with their short swords. Unsure of what to do, the fourth man stayed by the control panel and hammered the button again as if that might make the door close faster. It did not.

[The Garage Door will shut at the end of this round, before Il Capo's next turn]

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Tank Tops
    Il Capo
    > The Party
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2021-10-16 at 12:29 AM.
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Cursing silently to himself as the warehouse erupted in combat before he had affixed his rope, Constantine slung Silence to bear while perched precariously on the windowsill. A whispered word of sylvan filled his first arrow with the essence of rot, before he sent it shrieking into the Fontanan underboss' belly. It was followed by a second missile that lodged itself in his collarbone, and a third that strikes his right thigh. Grinning evilly as the two men on the catwalk finally took note of his presence, Constantine scuttled out of view like an enormous spider, making his way to the roof with little effort. Sighting Zeb and Abigail, he began to uncoil his rope.

"You're wasting time."

Show
    Constantine deals 60 damage to the Capo.
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2021-10-16 at 03:02 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Technically, Rachel was a relative newcomer being pressured to do highly dangerous things by her seniors, but the difference between this and a sorority pledge was that the pledges usually weren't allowed to fight back. The sheer shock of the hit from the Capo's wand was enough to prevent her from screaming, and the goggles hid her expression anyway, but Rachel cried out and considered running right back outside.

But no, that was a surefire way to eventual doom, if not from her allies then another's hand. She had to make this work. So the rogue academic gritted her teeth and pulled out a small patch, activating it with a word in the arcane tongue before slapping it on the affected area. It wasn't enough to fix everything, but it did stick there and begin reversing the frostbite, allowing her to feel her fingers on that arm again.

No longer content to stand around getting shot, Rachel darted toward the boss, barely breaking stride to pull out a pair of vials. Popping them open with her bad hand, she waved the other in a small pattern and muttered to herself. Anima magic pulled the liquid free, mixing it midair, but the real magic here was elemental as the two fluids combined to make a clear acid, impossibly potent by the standards of hedge magicians and apothecaries. The lingering anima formed a trio of glowing sapphire rings around the liquid orb, pointing at her target, before launching the acid at the boss. Rachel didn't wait to see if she hit him or not, though the binding magic would release and splash him with something even if she didn't, instead finishing her rush to use the crates for cover.

Show
    Moving, using Healing Word as a bonus action, using Acid Arrow as my action.
    Rachel regains 10 hp.
    Attack on Il Capo: 20
    Damage on hit: 16 Acid
    Damage on miss: 8 Acid
    Damage at the end of his next turn if hit: 8 Acid
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2021-11-24 at 10:39 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Pointing at the thugs, tauntingly wagging his finger.

"Watch where you're pointing those things you could lose an eye"

Giovani let the magic course through him, attempting to blind both of the thugs in front before yelling.

"Now Felix!!"

Show

Giovani casts upcasted blindness/deafness DC con 14 on two of the thugs while Felix will try to shove whoever is successfully blinded to clear a path forward.

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Abigail tsk'd as Constantine urged them to hurry. She held up her hand and uttered a quick incantation. Twin beams of purplish energy streaked crackling through the air at the nearest skylight.

Show
    Damage roll against window: Damage: (1d10+3)[4]
    If it breaks, I attack Thug With Wand. If it doesn't my second attack goes to the window as well.
    (1d20+6)[15]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[4]

27. - Top - End - #87

Zeb grinned as the first sounds of the fight broke out behind him.

And now I just get to sneak on behind them and help mop up any of the survivors, who will totally not be expecting a rapier in the back...

And then disaster struck.

Or that's what would have happened, if I hadn't gotten my damn shim stuck like an amateur!

Show
    Per the Dice rolls and Nef's subsequent interpretation, the attempt to open the door fails, and the rest of the round is spent trying to yank it free.

28. - Top - End - #88

Giovani silently looked at Felix pointing forward. Leading the charge Felix's Svelt form gracefully, dance through the two men with short swords while the portly professor followed suit.

Show
    Moving to Av36 and Ax36
    Last edited by Lleban; 2021-10-16 at 10:05 PM.

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Toussaint smiled as the old man barreled into the building. He was more amusing than any professors he had while growing up. He drew his sword and followed after.

"Padonne-moi, monsieur." He thrust his blade into the man on his left as he ran past and pulled the trigger. He stayed between Giovanni and the doormen as they moved into the building.
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2021-10-17 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

"As much as I enjoy your ass, Connie, I'll admit to getting a teeny bit impatient down here." Lavender watched, perturbed as the elf disappeared into the window without sending her down a rope.

"Connie!" She hissed and stomped her foot in annoyance.

"Well, I've watched you climb up countless walls like it was nothing, how hard could it possibly be?" She reached up to find a grip for her fingers on the wall in an attempt to emulate Connie.

Athletics.
    (1d20-1)[3]
    #Notallinfluencers