New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Stormrunners [IC]

At the wheel, Rachel made no move to get on the guns, instead asking anyone on the bridge with her about the creatures they were up against. "Gazers are... those things with all the eyeballs, right? Big anti-magic cone, disintegration beam, etc.? I guess using the ship's weapons would make sense."
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

"Gazers are a flying fanged mouth with claws." Abigail stepped forward to peer through a window. "They parasitically feed on Cloud Eaters, seeking nutrients and atma. They may see airship components as suitable prey, so we should keep them away from the hull. And no disintegration beam; just a compressed air attack," she corrected. "I could take the top gun if nobody else really wants to."
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

After an extended period of time with very little to do, Zeb was practically champing at the bit at the thought of something to do other than daily maintenance tasks.

"I'll flip you a coin for it,"
    he replied to Abigail.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Giovanni emerged from his cavernous lair, now acclimatized with the smell of finely powder wood and decorated with the severed body parts of dummies crafted, and molded, but ultimately judged unfit for service.

Giovani spoke to Ms. Strife before motioning Felix closer "I Suppose I'll volunteer for a practice session, Been a while since I've had a practice shoot. Reminds me of one of my soiree's were I lead a few post graduate on a swan hunt whilst we were under the inspiration of some spiced Oread wine, really looses the joint you know."

Giovanni waved Felix over to the gunport. "FELIX I'll need you to massage my shoulders while I practice over here."
    Beautiful Avatar thanks to Gengy

Hangs out on the World building forums

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Spoiler: The gift that keeps on giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving some more
    Show
    Spoiler: Metric tons of giving
    Show
    Spoiler: Keep going
    Show
    Spoiler: Suprise
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    At the wheel, Rachel made no move to get on the guns, instead asking anyone on the bridge with her about the creatures they were up against. "Gazers are... those things with all the eyeballs, right? Big anti-magic cone, disintegration beam, etc.? I guess using the ship's weapons would make sense."
    Ms Strife arched an eyebrow. Just the one, since the other was paralyzed and obscured by her patch. This was meant to convey surprise, but she just looked mildly pleased. The sort of expression you'd make when offered an oatmeal cookie. Not the best case scenario for cookies, but nice enough.

"Have you really never seen a gazer? I take it your piloting skills are largely academic. Well. Can't argue with results. You're doing a fine job. Bring us in to circle the pod at about 3 kilometers. Cloud eaters tend to spook when anything heads right for them. The gazers will break off once they get a whiff of the ship's main drives."

"They parasitically feed on Cloud Eaters, seeking nutrients and atma. They may see airship components as suitable prey, so we should keep them away from the hull. And no disintegration beam; just a compressed air attack," she corrected. "I could take the top gun if nobody else really wants to."
    "Ms Wexford is correct. While terrifying up close, gazers are clumsy and slow, so they're no threat to a ship like this. The dreadnoughts though -- they're massive and have enough blind spots that gazers can sometimes nest in them for a week before you know there's a problem. Then you have to clear the bastards out the hard way."

Bow Lightning Cannon
    Range: 500/2000 meters
    Damage: 8d6 lighting damage
    Notes: Attacks in consecutive rounds costs 1 AT and reduces the damage by 1d6 each round. One round without firing recharges the cannon to 8d6 and the next attack costs 0 AT.

Dorsal Spitfire
    Maximum Range: 500/1000 meters
    Damage: 1d8* fire damage
    Note: Attacks 3 times a round, with each hit dealing 1d8 more damage than the last if against the same target. You can attack 4 times per round for 1 AT, but a natural 1 on an attack roll means the guns overheat and cannot be fired again for the remainder of the round and the next round.

Aft Disruptor
    Range: 500/2000 meters
    Damage: 2d10 bludgeoning damage
    Note: When hit, the target must make a DC 15 Strength Save or be slowed to half speed in their next turn, and lose 100 meters of altitude. For 1 AT, increase the save to 17.

The Alcindor has a battery charge of 12 AT and recharges 2 per round as long as it has at least 3 AT. When under 3, it recharges 1 per round instead. Other uses for AT will be introduced later as Nef continues to expand airship gameplay.
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel shuts up and takes the ship on the proscribed route, face burning. The crew already had enough reasons to consider her expendable, she didn't need to sound like an idiot too. Not that Strife was wrong - her experience was indeed with the mechanics itself rather than high adventure on the open sky. Behind her, Cinnamon patted her on the shoulder.
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #157

As Rachel made to turn the ship towards the living target practice Cloud Gazers, Zeb made his way up to the top guns. His finger trigger was itching, and he was eager to sate it.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Alright let's put this Aft Disruptor through its paces."

Giovanni aims for the gazer's eyeballs before firing yelling.

"FIRMER FELIX, this gun chair does NOT handle recoil well, I better sleep like a baby tonight!"

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

(1d20+11)[24]

damage if hit (2d10)[12]
    Beautiful Avatar thanks to Gengy

Hangs out on the World building forums

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Spoiler: The gift that keeps on giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving some more
    Show
    Spoiler: Metric tons of giving
    Show
    Spoiler: Keep going
    Show
    Spoiler: Suprise
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159

"Dorsal Spitfire coming online."

Zeb aimed for the nearest gazer and depressed the triggers.

Spoiler: Attack Rolls
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+6)[19]
    Attack 2: (1d20+6)[24]
    Attack 3: (1d20+6)[18]

Damage 1: (1d8)[6]
    Damage 2: (1d8)[3]
    Damage 3: (1d8)[1]