New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3284344454647484950515253
Results 1,561 to 1,563 of 1563
  1. - Top - End - #1561
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum, Form smells a Random Banter #235

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I don't think I said otherwise, did I? But it's just as incorrect (IMHO) to say that responsibility for climate change is entirely down to corporations and Joe Public can't have any effect on it, as it is to say that corporations are entirely innocent and every else needs to do all the work. It's a shared responsibility, and that old saw of "70% of emissions are produced by 100 corporations so we can't really affect things at all" is just plain wrong.
    It is not wrong; the people who care are already trying, and aren't really affecting things at all. Instead, such attempts are, as you put it, "asking them" to no avail. Hence, my conclusion: we should stop "asking" them.

ETA: Also, someone should make a new thread. I'm out,i believe.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-11-25 at 12:05 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

2. - Top - End - #1562
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    It is not wrong; the people who care are already trying, and aren't really affecting things at all. Instead, such attempts are, as you put it, "asking them" to no avail. Hence, my conclusion: we should stop "asking" them.

To be fair the people going further than just asking aren't really making a good name for themselves.

Honestly the best way to protest, like any time money is somehow involved, is to vote with wallets. Sadly a variety of methods that should be useful here, like electric cars, aren't (most sadly aren't charged via green power). So social distancing permitting I'll spend my money on public transportation where possible, I'm making repeated attempts to cook more vegetarian and vegan food, and. I'm strictly limiting how much I have the heating on (but that's also due to not having a ton of free money). But nobody here is required to do anything, or required to not do anything (even if it's just shouting 'will you stop').
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

3. - Top - End - #1563
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    It is done.