A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 151 to 171 of 171
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Her pale eyebrows shoot upwards with interest at the suggestion; then level out thoughtfully. She bites her lip as she gazes out ahead at the two sneaking students.. and what other challenges lay beyond.

    "Luther, that's a heck of a spell. But I figure if we're planning like we're going to have to step into the middle of some kinda ill-advised ritual being perpetrated by a professor of this school, having a spell like that is one of the best cards to have in your pocket. I don't understand why Cornell and Pebbles are here, and.. workin' together, I guess. I'd wager Cornell was pullin' the dwarf's strings, but it's a world of difference if Cornell is just bein' a nosey parker, or if he's workin' with someone else, and lookin' to poach this secret bounty. If Sosthenes comes back without a helpful report, I think we're just gonna have to move up on 'em and confront 'em, and trust they don't want to be seen by Birch and the others to keep 'em quiet."

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    "If push comes to shove, we likely can take pebbles. Don't underestimate him surely. But I wager cornell is the bigger threat."

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Tennessee (USA)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Cale'Anon frowns "I don't want to hurt pebbles though. Do any of you have any nonlethal magics? Sleep maybe? Or hold person?" He suggests/asks

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2021

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    "Not that I reckon would help. Could just talk to 'im. I can give thou a measure of protection if thou wants t' try?"


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sanctuary on a person or familiar could be good for a parley.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Astral Seal!

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Sosthenes makes his triumphant return, and quickly relays what he saw.

    Past where Pebbles and Cornell are coming in, there's a rune-inscribed metallic circle at the base of a clearing. Birch is directing Rodriguez and Engle with various reagents and artifacts, and some sort of planar rift is appearing-currently, it's barely visible, an occasional flicker of somewhere else. But it seems to be growing.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

    Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Euraylia relays the description as rapidly as she can, but seems to be grow more frightened at the sound of the rift that’s growing.

    She looks between Qrr, Cale, and Luther with helplessly flashing through her eyes. They had no way to know what Cornell and Pebble’s intentions were, and couldn’t without atleast talking to them, and can’t talk to them without possibly alerting the research group. The time had come for bold action and calculated risk; and there was nothing to do but rip the poultice off.

    “Hope to talk, prepare to fight. I’m gonna drop a little distraction on Cornell and we’ll see how it all unfolds after that. Pebbles is gonna have to stand down quick or risk getting’ a smack. Stay with me!”

    Of course, no one had put her in a leadership position. Such an assumption of that role might warrant some discussion - but then she’s off, in loping strides through the dark, pulling left on the path they’re on and intoning the verbal components of a spell as quietly as she can.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Euraylia is moving up with her move and trying to keep a little leftish on their path to the ritual place. She’s casting light but preparing an action to finish the spell when Sosthenes moves. Sosthenes, 100 feet ahead and invisible, is going to prepare an action to move past Cornell’s tree, brushing the leaves, and the trigger for that move is when Qrr, Cale and Luther have had their moves!

    So the plan is that we’ll all move up, maybe casting a round of prep spells, then Sosthenes will stealth-buzz Cornell’s tree and be the delivery boy for the Euraylia’s light spell… that will at the very least draw some eyes to Cornell, maybe panic out of Cornell, and provide a certain amount of distraction as our party moves up. In the following turn, we’ll see how the scenario changes and see what we can do about Pebbles peacefully!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2021-10-12 at 05:13 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Astral Seal!

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Delivering the spell, Sosthenes does his work admirably. Cornell doesn't realize what's happening till he's lit like a blazing tree, and you can see him startle. Pebbles likewise is put on alert by the sudden light.

    You do not perceive any response from the ritual-doers.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Surprise round! Pebbles and Cornell are unable to act in this round, so post when you get the chance.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

    Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2021

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    As Luther pelts up alongside the others he reaches out a hand to Cale , who feels a calm warmth within him.

    "Ah reckon if anyone can get 'im ter back down or join us tis thee!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Luther casts guidance on Cale to help him end this semi peacefully if possible.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    "Bears Endurance" Qrr mutters as the spell washes over him. At the last few words of the spell his voice grows deep and gutteral as his fur once again shifts and melds, as he shifts into bear form mid stride.
    He moves towards pebbles and Cornelle, but is going to wait to do anything until he sees if cale can persuade them. But he moves so that he can be in range in an instant if he has too.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Spoiler: Sequence:
    Show
    Euraylia is acting last in the order, but I'm posting now since it's a surprise round and the conditions are unlikely to change. But her Bless sadly won't kick in until after Luther and Cale have acted.


    Euraylia is at a solid jog now, her right hand hovering near to the spooled whip at her hip; her left coiling the three feet of glimmering silver chain at the end of which hangs the coin sized silver disc and embossed flower icon. With a few inches of that chain swinging, she intones some celestial casting words, and thee small embers of golden light spiral rapidly out from the icon to dissipate into bolstering warmth upon her companions. Sosthenes, stealthy as ever, flits off forward to see if the ritual field has greatly changed in the last few seconds, but remains close enough to Cornell that he will be able to move and engage him when called on.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sosthenes (who precedes his mistress) flies 50 ft ahead to scout the ritual site. Euraylia moves up 30 (putting her 40 from Pebbles and 70 from Cornell), casts Bless on her friends (the three targets should still be within 30 ft of her at this stage).

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Tennessee (USA)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Cale'Anon steps forward, hand upraised partially in greeting partially in a gesture intended to be placating "hey pebbles. Uh. What are you doing there. It looks like major workings, can you stand down and explain to me why you're doing this, and what you're doing?" He says, his other hand halfway to mating a gesture to shield himself with magic if needed

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Astral Seal!

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Pebbles looks royally peeved. "Get the light off Cornell!" he says, angrily but hushed. "And stand the hell down!"

    Spoiler: Insight DC 5
    Show
    He's mad.

    Spoiler: DC 10
    Show
    He also knows something about what's going on. Apparently more than Cornell.

    Spoiler: DC 17
    Show
    And there's something... Sinister. Not anything out-and-out menacing, but a slight edge to the voice that's... Otherworldly. And not in a good way.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

    Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2021

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Luther detects somethingstrange in the young Dwarf's words.

    "Careful there Cale lad, he ent right that one. Not 'oley what 'e seems at any rate."

    He turns his gave to Pebbles.

    "Can thou give is a good reason t' back down? Our pal Rodriguez is down there, we don't want 'arm coming to 'im!"

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Qrr Grunts agreement in his barritone bear growl. in the strange light provided by the spell, with him standing at the edges, he seems like a predator in the woods.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Astral Seal!

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Pebbles mutters "Sod it all," and starts casting a spell.

    A bubble of darkness expands from him, as he moves towards Cornell. He whisper-shouts to the elf, saying "Get in the darkness, it'll stop that light!"

    Spoiler: Init
    Show
    Luther is up next.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

    Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2021

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    At Pebbles's action Luther springs into his bladedancing form and shifts forwards, trying to keep ahead of the creeping blackness and get in Cornell's way.

    "Now Cornell lad, we ent had the best start like but ah've no wish t' harm thee. Let's all have a natter and talk this out like I can't let you get in tha' darkness though, ah need a show o' good faith. Does thou even know who or what Pebbles is?"

    A sonorous hum surrounds Luther's rapier as he readies himself to impead Cornell.

    Spoiler
    Show
    He activates bladedance as a bonus action and uses his increased movement speed to get in Cornell's face, casting booming blade as a readied action to smack him if he tries to move away/past.

    Attack roll in case he tries to move past.
    (1d20+6)[25] plus (1d4)[3] to hit for (1d8+4)[8] piercing damage and (1d8)[2] thunder damage.
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2021-10-15 at 03:43 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Astral Seal!

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Cornell looks like he might be reconsidering several life choices at the moment. "I..." he says. "Look, I'll just leave." He holds his hands up, unarmed, and moves slowly, away.

    You can hear Pebbles cussing up a storm from within the darkness, directed at Cornell.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

    Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Euraylia nods approvingly at Cornell’s decision, and with it - perhaps naively - she allows the light that is exposing him to harm to lapse.

    She does narrow her eyes at the Pebbles-dome, however; and reaches out with her instincts…

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Lia’s action to activate divine sense. It should tell me if there is a fiend, celestial, or undead within 60 ft (for example, possessing pebbles); and also warn me of extreme concentrations of evil and good nearby. Depending on the result, she’ll do something with her bonus and move actions!

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Tennessee (USA)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    "We're not fighting for its own sake. We want to know what the ritual is" Cale claimed, somewhat undercut by the sword still in hand "if you're up to know good, get to the monologue, if not, I'm sure you have a reasonable explanation"

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Astral Seal!

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Spoiler: Divine Sense
    Show
    Going with something that's not fully RAW here, but feels appropriate.

    You don't sense any outright possession-not a true outsider. But there's a stink within that darkness-a taint of something sinister.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

    Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

    Euraylia is channeling something, as she narrows her eyes; a little flicker of the angel-blood in her gives her gaze a lambent accent as her expression harden a little. She doesn't roar out a challenge to an otherworldly spectator, but she certainly looks ready to give up on the fully peaceful resolution. Eyes locked on the darkness dome, she lets the whip unspool in her right hand and lay menacingly uncoiled beside her. Without looking, she speaks over her shoulder. "Good idea, Cornell. Best you be leavin', afore the rest of this gets goin'."

    And then, to Pebbles: "I ain't know who you work for Pebbles, but you shoulda stood down when you had the chance."

    Spoiler: No Additional Actions
    Show
    No viable bonus action. Ends turn menacing from just outside of the darkness sphere, awaiting Sosthenes return and ready to join in the combat next turn!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; Yesterday at 09:30 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •