New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Gentik Academy Of The Arts [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    "Ah, friend Cale, how has your little journey been today?" Qrr asks with a wave to come join them.
    "it's been going exelently friend Qrr, I've talked to many people and made a potential friend and study compatriot!" he says, gesturing to pebbles
    Quote Originally Posted by Waistcoatwill View Post
    Luther's eyes widen as Pebbles enters their room and the smile he was directing at Cale falters slightly. Then Euraylia and Qrr throw him a wonderful lifeline.

"Ah'd been thinkin' 'bout what you both said earlier about takin' a punch. May'ap you lot can 'elp me wi' that. If not, tha' footwork LaTem showed me might help me avoid it. What about the rest of ye?"

He pretends he is momentarily deaf and blind in regards to Germa and Arna's affections, that had worked qell enough at home, but includes them and Pepper in the invitation.

"'Ere Pepper, has thou ever tried practical spellcastin'? Ah found me grasp of Shield got way better wi' the threat of a clip round the lug'ole. Brains do well wi' proper encouragement like. Don't have to get up close an' personal."
    "oh yes I have a good grasp of the more martial magics" he says, summoning a rapier to his hand "one of the easiest ways to keep some dark sorcerer from conjuring up all manor of demons is interrupting to his chanting with a few feet of steel through their stomach, or at least that's how it works in the stories" he says, considering things

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Nice one Cale, ah can't wait t' see thee in action!"

Luther does a bit of stretching and puts on his dancing shoes before drawing his sword.

"May Circe guide us and Tosca inspire us." Luther intones clutching his symbol of the Goddess of Magic. "Looking forward t' seeing an experienced student too Arma, best o' luck."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Luther casts Mage armor at 1st level, and Bless (targeting all four of our team) and Spiritual Weapon at 2nd level. He also activates bladedance.
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2021-10-03 at 01:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Qrr's fur shakes and ripples, muscle growing and shifting as a large brown bear takes the place of the Bugbear, his clothes and staff molding onto his form, his body rippling with muscle and confident ease, the Bear before them stands on two legs, and assumes a combat stance, steady, like a trained martial artist.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Euraylia huddle up with her team mates; a hand on each of Luther and Cale's shoulders, gathering in Qrr's mighty shadow. She looks keenly between each of the lad's faces and murmurs in preparatory conspiracy. It's fair to say in this context, her demeanor has somewhat hardened.

"I don't think any of us knows the how to unthread a spell in motion yet. When that day comes, the four of us will thump -anyone- who thinks they don't even need to have numbers on their side, tell you -hwhat-. But for now, we gotta be tricky. If I'm two mages' four, I'm trying' to get them to cluster so I can hit 'em all with a fireball right at the jump, and I'm probably invisible or at least illusioned in some way when I do; so if anyone's got something than can punch through a hidin' spell, I'd have it warm and ready. They're too far for us to bumrush, so we ought to scatter as even as we dare to begin, then keep ready for blasts and whatnots. I'm thinkin' Cale an' me up the middle, with Qrr and Luther on the wings. There's just two of 'em, so anything y'got that dazes or stuns or puts them on their butts is the money. No shame in losin' to more experienced folks, but you can butter my butt and call me 'biscuit' if we're all goin' down in a four-to-two. Ready, boys?"

As they huddle, Sosthenes departs from his perch, flaps into the air, and vanishes.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Sosthenes turns invisible, and moves to hover airborne 45 ft above their starting mark. As a matter of efficiency, I might suggest that familiars act immediately after (or ideally before, since they are typically best used setting up a trick for the caster) their owners in the initiative order rather than generating their own? Less likely to require a person to post twice in short order just to keep the flow going.

Seeing that 'Bless' is already covered, Euraylia casts no spells in the prep-phase.

EDIT: You know what? Shortly before the prep-phase ends, she's going to cast Thunderous Smite and keep coiled up in her striking arm.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2021-10-03 at 07:09 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Colossus in the Playground

Strix answers each question as they come. "It only counts when YOU are bloodied, not any alternate forms. Healing is fine."

Arma and Gerba stand in the middle as the countdown begins. Gerba casts a spell, and a shimmering field of energy surrounds her body. She casts another, and a slight fane of ice forms around Arma. As the time ticks down, she casts a third, and three duplicate Gerbas appear. And then, in the last moments, she casts a fourth spell, with no visible effect.

While Gerba's been prepping magically, Arma simply strips down a bit, leaving herself in her underclothes. She waits a bit, drawing and appraising her large blade, and then in the last moments, lets loose a war cry.

Show
    Initiative time!

(1d20+4)[6] Arma
    (1d20+5)[22] Gerba
    (1d20+4)[7] Luther
    (1d20+0)[11] Euraylia
    (1d20+4)[5] Qrr
    (1d20+7)[10] Cale
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96

"Great plan! Ah'm ready"

Luther spreads out from the others after casting bless. Bouncing gently on the balls of his feet in anticipation.

Show
    @MrAbdiel - Didn't mean to step on your toes with bless, I could wait til we start to cast a concentration spell and go for Bane instead if you'd rather? Or maybe we can save that for post walloping analysis.

Edit: Definitely leaving discussion about who casts bless to post match discussion now.
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2021-10-03 at 05:57 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

When the moment comes, Euraylia rushes forward with an explosive burst of speed, up the radial line with eyes locked on Arma. The young woman's large blade, stripped armor and warcry suggested to her a warrior used to making her way in combats with power and perhaps even bloody minded toughness. But even if she wasn't the tougher target and therefore the natural first rush for the competative Aasimar, Gerba's dancing images suggested engaging her was a protracted endeavour - one better engaged when her partner was eliminated.

It's clear that she won't cross the full distance in the first rush; but as she nears the girl-gladiators, Euraylia jukes in her gate in what might seem to be a spinning heel kick woefully short of target; but with ten feet of braided leather whip unspooling from one hand, its slashing ribbon of force careens around her body in a whistling arc.

Sosthenes, in his avian form, blooms into visibility them; shooting past Arma's face and away again just in time to veil the final movements of the whip, carving down at her with blistering torque and sputtering divine power.

Spoiler: Combat!
    Show
    Sosthenes moves to within 5 feet of Arma (not Gerba), and reveals himself by taking the help action to benefit Euraylia's coming attack.

Euraylia charges up 30ft, and attacks Arma at the extreme range of her whip. Attack bonus is +6, with a 1d4 Chaser from bless. Advantage from the help action.

(1d20)[4] + 6 + (1d4)[4]
    (1d20)[15] + 6 + (1d4)[1]

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler: Combat Damage!
    Show
    Presuming that 22 hits, It's gonna be...

(1d4+6)[7] Slashing
    (2d6)[7] Thunder
    and for good measure, a level 2 smite
    (3d8)[16] Radiant.

She'll also want to make a DC 15 Strength save, or be punted back 10 feet and knocked prone.

9. - Top - End - #99

Show
    That's a hit. (1d20+8)[24] plus (1d4)[4] Strength save

-12 HP on Arma

And take 15 cold damage, Euraylia. Armor Of Agathys is rough.

As the whip snaps towards Arma, empowered by multiple smites, she feels the bone-numbing chill of the now-broken armor leech back onto herself.

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

The whip finds its mark, and the divine power is visibly detectible coursing down the straightening loop of the whip to vent itself into Arma - but likewise, a jarring streak of misty blue reprisal races down the same extended length of leather in the same instant of impact.

It rocks into Euraylia's body and she lets out a pained scream at the shocking intensity of it, tapering off into a teeth chattering hiss as she slumps and takes a knee. The armor's countersting hasn't let her blood, by a technical standard - but it's certainly incapacitated her severely enough that that her instinct as a woman of honor compels her to yield. She sags onto her back on the grass, eyes shut, skin and armor rimmed with frost; lips blued and limbs shivering. But she manages to project an arm up from her straight up from her supine position and gives a thumbs up, lest her allies fear her condition worse than it is; and finally she tucks her arms close to herself and concentrates on keeping warmth in her core. Sosthenes quits the combat at the fall of his mistress, landing on the grass just at the edge of her halo of frost-webbed electrum blonde tresses; tottering around on his little avian legs with wings flapping in petulant implied threat at anyone who gets too close.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2021-10-04 at 01:20 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101

OldWizardGuy

Cale'Anon grins as he summons up fire to smack into the backside of the one that had already been attacked "don't worry friend, I shall avenge you!" He says, charging forward, sword in hand

12. - Top - End - #102

Arma lets out a small grunt of pain as the fires impact her, but still stands tall.

Show
    Luther is up next.

Arma is at -18.

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #103

Luther executes a series of twirling deer leaps as he circles around behind Cale. As he dances his rapier flicks like a conductor's baton and the pearlescent wand he had previously summoned lunges at Gerba, or one of the many versions at least.

When he has a clear view of Arma he pirouettes on the spot, his blade flashing out at the end of the spin and unleashing a torrent of clinging light in matching shimmering hues. Then rolls forwards, aiming to end adjacent to Arma whilst staying away from the fire.

Show
    Spiritual Weapon attack on Gerba:
    (1d20+6)[9] for (1d8+4)[11] Force damage. Apologies for forgetting to describe it earlier.

Guiding bolt attack on Arma:
    (1d20+6)[16] for (4d6)[6] Radiant damage.

Using the rest of his now 40 foot move speed to get within melee range if he can having gone slightly wide for a clear shot.

Edit: That's embarrassing, no previews on dice rolls is killing me, sorry JNA productions.

Also Luther will cast Shield if successfully attacked by the pair (AC currently 20 with bladedance) or Absorb Elements if hit with elemental damage.
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2021-10-04 at 05:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Gerba and her duplicates weave and bob, avoiding the weapon with ease.
    Arma, meanwhile, holds the flat of her blade against the bolt, and takes it without harm.

She begins moving with surprising care, always keeping her more armored sections facing your weapons, as she slashes out towards Luther, stepping away from the flaming ball. Gerba keeps pace with her, moving to stay right by Arma.

Show
    The first paragraph is just descriptive bits-there was no special reaction about blocking Guiding Bolt with her blade, it just looks cool.

Two attacks, on Luther! If he gets bloodied in one, then the second on Cale.

(1d20+8)[16] plus (1d4)[2] Attack Roll
    (3d6+5)[11] Slashing damage

(1d20+8)[22] plus (1d4)[1] Attack Roll
    (3d6+5)[17] Slashing damage

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #105

A dome of rainbow colours explodes around Luther. He breathes a very heavy sigh of surprise and relief to still be standing. "Phew, thank'ee Circe and me siblings fer all those times they pelted me wi' stones t' practice tha'!"

Show
    Luther casts Shield, bringing his AC to 25 for the round thanks to bladedancing and mage arkor in the buff minute. Hopefully he can redeem himself next round.
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2021-10-04 at 05:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Qrr, in bear form, drops to all fours and swifter than anyone can move is in front of Gerba, on two legs again the bear that is not a bear begins its assault, each blow carefully placed and timed as Qrr surrenders to his training and moves with grace this form should not have. One swift bitan is followed by a sweeping paw swipe, and then two swift fur covered knees to the gut.
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Bite:
    (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage:
    (1d8+4)[9]

Claw:
    (1d20+6)[15]
    Damage:
    (2d6+4)[7]

1 ki spent.
    Flurry:
    (1d20+6)[7]
    (1d4+4)[6]

(1d20+6)[21]
    (1d4+4)[7]

Note: if by some miracle I bloody Gerba and gave attacks left, I still have enough movement to reach Arma, and I'll use the others on her.

Edit: if any flurry hits she'll need to make a save for my Open Hand ability. Which I'll decide on which if any hit.

Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-04 at 07:40 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

Show
    (1d20)[1] 6+ to Duplicate.
    (1d20)[16] 6 or 8+ to Duplicate
    (1d20)[13] 6, 8, or 11+ to Duplicate

The first blow seems like it would strike true, but Arma intercepts the claw. The second one hits Gerba... or rather, an illusory duplicate. The third blow misses entirely, and the fourth another duplicate, leaving only two Gerbas.

Show
    Arma is at -23. And I believe Gerba is up!
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2021-10-04 at 07:39 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Gerba's hands glow, one with soft, golden light; the other with a more menacing purple.

The golden light on her left hand shoots into Arma as Gerba calls a word, while the other hand reaches out to strike Qrr.

Show
    (1d4+5)[7] Healing on Arma.

(1d20+8)[21] plus (1d4)[2] Attack Roll
    (1d4+5)[8] Slashing damage

Also, I forgot to reduce the damage Arma took by 3 for one of her actions, so she's actually at -20 before healing.

-13 on Arma now.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2021-10-04 at 07:42 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #109

OldWizardGuy

Cale grins and gestures with his free hand, the ball of fire ramming into the same woman he had previously rammed it into and uses the distraction of that blast to attempt to strike out at her with his sword, the edge coursing with green flame

(1d20+5)[14]
    (1d8+3)[7]
    (2d6)[8]

20. - Top - End - #110

Arma parries the flame-imbued sword, and moves quick enough to avoid taking any real harm from the sphere.

Show
    Luther! Your turn.

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #111

"Thou can parry well wi' that blade, but can thou stop all of these?" Luther pants at Arma.

With a flick of his blade Luther calls the spectral wand to lunge towards the tall warrior's back. With this distraction he plants his own rapier in ground, leaping off it into a straddle jump. Motes of purple energy blast from each hand and foot, each spiralling towards Arma from different angle.

Wrenching his sword from the ground upon landing, Luther sways from side to side waiting for the inevitable counterstrike.

Show
    Fame jump, boom!

Bonus action Spiritual Weapon attack on Arma, followed by a second level Magic Missile

(1d20+6)[26] plus (1d4)[2]
    (1d8+4)[6] Force damage.

(4d4+4)[15]

22. - Top - End - #112

Spoiler: Rolling for that crit
    Show
    (1d8)[6]

That turn was better than Luther's last. Hopefully bless will help Cale as well.

23. - Top - End - #113

Arma shifts, putting her more armored sections in the way of the spiritual weapon and the missiles... But it's not enough. She stops, clearly injured. Gerba stops as well, saying "Right-I'm out too. No way I can handle the bear."

"Damn..." Arma says. "You guys are better than I thought." She takes a few deep breaths, and then smiles. "Hey, good job, all."

It is now you realize you've accumulated a bit of a crowd. A little more than a half dozen people are there, and they start applauding. There's a chorus of "Damn, nice!" "They beat Arma and Gerba? Who are they?" "Hey, congrats!"

Pebbles seems pretty impressed, and is clapping with the rest of the crowd. Strix starts coiling the rope back up, and calls over to you. "Engle's on his way, to help patch everyone up."

Arma dresses again, and takes a seat on top of a few mostly-empty boxes. "Gotta say, didn't really expect you to hit that hard-any of you, honestly. New students don't usually pack a punch like that."

"Yeah, one blow to punch through the armor... That's impressive," Gerba adds. "As a reward, you shall-" she starts, but is cut off by Arma punching her shoulder. "Eep!"

"Quiet, you," Arma says jokingly.

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Euraylia watches from the ground, propped up on one elbow, as her schoolmates - hell, let's be honest, friends already - rush in, take a battering, but respond with martial skill and spellcraft that indeed avenges her honor (insomuch as it was fictitiously wounded in the game.) She lets out a hoarse whoop that trails off into a fit of coughs, and eases back to her feet.

Having lain on the turf for a bit and letting her body recover from the frost-shock, she spools up her whip and icon-chain, and hustles over to join the aftermath gathering as quickly as she dares. She fusses with her hair with one hand, but once she's satisfied that her flower is situated, she's as perky as before Arma kicked her ass. She seems to hold the appropriate amount of anger for being the only one of their team to get walloped - precisely none. And, commensurately, has no problem basking in the applause and absorbing her apportioned fourth of the glory.

"An' I wasn't expecting to get rumbled when I opened up on you, Arma. I had a whole scenario planned in my head where I aced you out of the ring, but it were not to be. Figured I wasn't actually bleedin' none, but I know when I'm licked. Good to have a team. Hey, maybe next time we can rope Marley or Rodriguez in and level it out some at a four-on-three." And then, in an appeal to the crowd, "Hey! Anyone want to verse the winners? Is there some kind of tournament?"

She is very clearly drunk on the wine of victory; not a bad winner in the way that grinds a defeated opponent down, but plainly giddy with the headrush of accomplishment.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Qrr shifts back into a bugbear, his fur recedes and muscles thin until he's only slightly taller and furrier than the average person. He shakes his head as Euralia eggs on the crowd, but with a warm smile on his lips.
    "Surely one unexpected victory is enough for one day, my friend?" he asks with a chuckle.
    Then he turns and nods at Arma and Gerba.
    "You were both very impressive opponents. You've given me a new respect for what this school can teach us. Especially in your teamwork, I would have sworn I had you with that first strike, Gerba, but then Arma came out of nowhere like lightning." he casts a look at the others and says, almost to himself
    "Perhaps one day, our team work can be this good?"

In Qrrs eyes, these are friends now. The best kind: friends you've fought with. Even if it's just in a controlled match, he has a new appreciation for each of them.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Euraylia’s response is a lilted on a tone of feigned offence.

“What do you mean, ‘Unexpected’?”

27. - Top - End - #117

Luther gives Euraylia an encouraging pat on the back as she joins them. "That were a might impressive strike thou did. Hope the chill is wearin' off a mite."

Beaming round at the others, Luther nods along with Qrr's remarks. "Ah hope so indeed, it were some mighty impressive co-ordination!" Luther looks thoughtful for a second. "Ah recon we should 'ave a brew and talk tactics, must be some synergies between the lot o' us."

28. - Top - End - #118

Strix is smiling, listening to you young 'uns talking tactics and teamwork.

The crowd disperses a bit, moving back to their former activities. Engle, the healer of the Heights, makes his arrival. He heads for Euraylia first, and hands her a warm canteen. "Hot cocoa-good for the chills," he tells her. "Anyone else need much attention?" Arma nods, and Engle looks surprised. "Really now? I'm impressed-usually you'd be the one doling out the pain. Where does it hurt, Arma?"

Engle provides anyone else who needs it with a touch of healing, both magical and non, and then heads over to talk to Strix for a bit.

Show
    Regain all HP, from Engle's ministrations.

Pebbles looks at Luther. "Damn good show, there. Shame you didn't bet anything on who was gonna win."

Show
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #119

"Well that's kind of thee. The match were it's own reward though. I learned some valuable lessons and got closer t' friends. Why would I ruin that wi' gambling? I ent got money t' waste besides."

Luther looks genuinely puzzled at Pebbles' words.
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2021-10-07 at 05:12 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Shaking his head, Pebbles mutters something.

Spoiler: Perception DC 17
    Show
    "Damn fool, you are."

Show
    Show

Show