New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,091 of 1091
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 94: Good place to grow up

[Daycare]

"Gross." Braon sneers, by now at the point of pinching her nose and covering her mouth with one hand. Great. All babies apparently smell this bad, and...

Oh Lords above, she's not going to have just one.

At this point, if Sakura cares to look, she's going to see Braon wearing an expression of profound disgust, to such a point that it almost looks like her face is collapsing in on itself.

The fiendling turns and starts walking back to the door, shaking her head and muttering repeatedly to herself. "Nope. No. Uh-uh. Nope."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Fireworks

"Im nah a goof Im a hackowm" Sirius sniffs as he carefully arranges the fully cooked sausage onto the bun before pulling the stick away and finally freeing his jaws.
    "I'm not sure why you can't remember that." Khannie calls him lots of things but none of those things are what he actually is! It's very vexing.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2022-07-28 at 12:25 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #1083

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Fireworks!]

"That's what I meant you doof," Khannie says as she preps the bun for the hot-dog, slathering it with mustard and sliding it on. Once the 'dog has been made ready she'll hand it back to him. There! Crisis averted. With his done she'll prepare her own. With mustard AND sweet relish. Sadly there's no diced onions. Or chili. That would probably be a bit too messy, anyway.

"You saw those treasures me and Tuskfang found in the woods, right? I halfway wonder if stuff doesn't just show up here sometimes,"
    Khannie wonders aloud as she takes a bite out of her hot-dog.

Then, with hot-dog in one hand, she hop to her feet and walk over to fish the stick out.

Whilst taking another bite out of her hot dog.

She doesn't even stop for a moment to imagine the regular old stick might be dangerous.

There's nothing dangerous allowed in Glog that might hurt that kids.

In Khannie's mind that rule in inviolable.

Tuskfang, meanwhile, will be rewarded with the sight of a little beetle tucked away in a bush flashing her abdomen into the growing dusk. A few moments later a similar flash in the woods answers. With each blink the incoming firefly draws a little closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Fireworks

"Yeah, Tuskfang showed me. And I once found a bit of driftwood once with barnacles on it along this beach." A long, long time ago, Earl had a sea elf washed ashore here after a storm sank their ship. The character never reappeared. It wasn't very good for the fish, Earl recalls.

Cheasadh will follow along to have a look at the stick once Khannie's fished it out, willing to wait for someone else to hotdog before she does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Fireworks!]

Brinika remains where she is by the campfire, keeping an eye on Tuskfang. The woblin suppresses a happy squeak and watches the firefly come closer.

"Oh, yeah. He was really excited about it. Aunt Reelshka wasn't. Not because she thinks it's dangerous, she just doesn't like it when stuff happens at random."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Fireworks

"Im nah a goof Im a hackowm" Sirius sniffs as he carefully arranges the fully cooked sausage onto the bun before pulling the stick away and finally freeing his jaws.
    "I'm not sure why you can't remember that." Khannie calls him lots of things but none of those things are what he actually is! It's very vexing.
    [Fireworks]

Khannie gets a stick!
    It's not even hard to grab.
    The staff comes to her.

Though when Khannie picks it up, it should be immediately obvious that the relic she has isn't just a fancy piece of wood. It's definitely magical, but just how might be a matter of some scrutiny.

It will not harm her.
    It's not that sort of relic.
    And Khannie's too sweet.

Magical, but not dangerous. Maybe... alive, somehow? There's definitely a will tied to it, something that desperately wants to talk to her but can't quite manage it.

Or... is it talking to her? Reality seems to bend slightly around it, in a way not unlike what might occur in a witch's labyrinth. If Khannie listens, maybe she can hear it.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Daycare]

"Gross." Braon sneers, by now at the point of pinching her nose and covering her mouth with one hand. Great. All babies apparently smell this bad, and...

Oh Lords above, she's not going to have just one.

At this point, if Sakura cares to look, she's going to see Braon wearing an expression of profound disgust, to such a point that it almost looks like her face is collapsing in on itself.

The fiendling turns and starts walking back to the door, shaking her head and muttering repeatedly to herself. "Nope. No. Uh-uh. Nope."
    [Daycare]

Sakura giggles lightly as she finished up her task. The smell is slightly better with the used diaper all sealed up. Or will be in five minutes. "I think you're being a bit dramatic." She tosses the diaper in a nearby bin and then scoops Riklit up into her arms. "I don't recommend cloth diapers for you."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2022-07-29 at 10:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lakeside - Arts and Crafts]

"No... I mean, I don't think so? Not really. It's stuff I gotta do on my own," Khannie replies after a moment or two of hesitation.

Technically not TOTALLY on her own.

There are the other girls involved, of course.

But she really doesn't want to get other people involved with the Magical Girl stuff.

It's dangerous.

Wait.

Dangerous.

Khannie quickly begins jotting down some notes on the thought that just occurred to her.

"Dissociative?" Khannie pipes up, arching an eyebrow. That isn't a word that's familiar to her. But then with the following explanation she gets it. Or at least she's pretty sure she gets it. "Wait, do you mean like Hulk and Bruce Banner?"

Khannie's read about the Hulk. He isn't her favorite super hero by any means but she knows his story. It's... a really sad one. Hulk was a reaction to the abuse Bruce suffered at the hands of his father, a way to push the memories and trauma out of his mind. Khannie can't even imagine her dad doing something like that to her. It wouldn't EVER happen. But now she's wondering if Zara suffered some horrible trauma and making another personality was how her mind tried to cope with it. She tries to keep the look of concern and empathy off her face and partly succeeds.

"Um... I guess? You can just switch like that?"

Ostensibly she won't get huge and green when she does.

"Now teen girl sounds like a superhero." Zara notes. It's something superhero types say a lot. Granted, it could just be something like a secret exam, but considering the subject matter, it could also be some sort of crimefighting. Though why wouldn't she want to share in that case? "If Khannie is a superhero, Zara hopes she'll get to help one day. Good idea, yes?" She adds, semi-teasingly. Or, at least it's supposed to come off that way.

"... Something like that!" The Hulk and Bruce Banner is a good way to put it. "Though in this case, not caused by gamma radiation."

Oh great, another person looking all empathetic when this comes up. She likes it this way, having a big sister in the same body and mind! Even if big sister seems to be someone many people find 'intense' or what not, but they just don't know her like Zara does. "Yes! Get ready to meet Dii!"

She briefly inquires with her big sister on whether she wants to come out and talk to this random blonde teen, and Dii agrees to make herself known. So, in answer to Khannie's question, Zara's eyes go blank as the personalities switch places, refocusing on Khannie a second later as the perpetual smile disappears for the first time. "Khannie, was it? I'm Dahlia, the original personality of this body. Hello, I suppose."

Maybe if this goes well then she can use it to get Sophie off her back.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Fireworks!]

"Someone can be a goof and a hackmon at the same time. Like I'm a human and a girl and student. I can be all of those things at once," Khannie points out as she scoots the stick toward the shore with her foot. Once it's within grabbing range she'll pick it up with her free hand.

Then?

She frowns a bit when she pulls the stick out of the water.

It feels magic-y.

Not quite the sort of magic-y that the things her dad makes are but STILL magicy.

"Well Reelshka isn't gunna like this either, I think someone might have dumped a magic staff in the lake," Khannie confides in her friends, giving a few firm shakes to get the water off and/or see if it spits sparks or something. It can be hard to figure out what a magical item does or how it works. But with enough ranks in Spellcraft anything is possible, right? She heads back over to the tables and sits down with the staff atop it, allowing any of the other kids (and digimon) to look at it if they feel so inclined.

Meanwhile!

The flying firefly lands next to the firefly in the bush and the latter immediately pounces on and begins eating the former. Apparently it was one of those fireflies that mimics the flashes of different firefly species to lure in meals.

Nature is scary!

Khannie looks a bit uncomfortable at the talk of super-heroing.

"Umm."

She isn't a great liar.

Which, given that her natural talent involves illusion magic maybe that's a little incongruous.

A terrible liar, but pretty great at making illusionary constructs.

So instead of lying she just doesn't really respond to the super hero question or the request to help maybe. Khannie doesn't want other people jumping into the nonsense that she gets up to. The stuff is WAY too crazy and dangerous. Magical Girls have a level of resilience that only the toughest of capes can really match and she doesn't want to see someone else get smeared across the pavement like what happened to Arthfael.

"I don't think Bruce was just because of gamma rays but... umm..."

But she doesn't want to ask if Zara has suffered some sort of horrific trauma that caused her psyche to shatter in order to protect her from painful memories.

"Hi?" Khannie ventures back. She might be use to a lot of unusual things given how often life likes tossing weird at her but this seems a little extra unusual. Certainly not something she has a lot of direct experience with. Maybe kind of with Mrs Richards? But Khannie is pretty sure that's some kind of psychic magic thing or something.

[Baby Shower]

Geneva waves as the fiendish girl departs. "That was very kind of you, Sekhmet. I can't say I'm very familiar with the more destitute portions of Inside but I met plenty of desperate people who had little or nothing when I was still in the Wasteland."

Sometimes she wonders if the Nexus goes out of its way to make sure that the slums remain miserable just so that it can always have Slums. That is, in fact, a topic that Mary is quite familiar with.

"And just some biscuits will be fine for me. Tea cups and beaks don't get along well."

One of the big downsides to not having any lips. It makes it awkward to drink out of the cups everyone else uses.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2022-07-31 at 05:20 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Troll in the Playground

Baby Shower
    "She, uh..." Sekhmet thinks over Miranda's implicit offer. "She's going to a, uh, remedial school, but, uh, she could use some help with her maths and sciences." Sekhmet doesn't really know those things. She's never received a formal education herself.
    Tea for Sekhmet and Miranda, biscuits for Geneva, both for Mary, and whatever Sophie wants for herself.
    The tiefling girl seats herself next to her adoptive mother and begins to eat. Sekhmet tousles her daughter's hair gently.
    The resemblance which one might have noticed before is unmistakable now that they're next to each other. If Sekhmet hadn't said Mary was adopted, it would be trivial to assume that she's Sekhmet's biological child.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Orc in the Playground

Fireworks

"Khannie's also a friend, she shouldn't forget that bit." Quite an important label to go with 'human', 'girl' and 'student', Cheasadh thinks- though not as nice as 'sister', but Khannie might not be one of those yet. Depends on her relationship with Veronica's siblings.

She's also going to investigate the stick that Khannie's fished out, bending down to give it a sniff. She can't smell magic, but she might be able to tell where it was before it was in the lake- so long as it hasn't been submerged for too long, anyway, and the smell might provide other clues.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #1089

[Baby Shower]

Miranda smiles and gives a little confirmation nod. Fantastic! By the time she's done with Mary, the girl will be doing calculus in her sleep.

...Wait, that's not the educational standards they have around here, is it? Okay, fine. She'll be doing long division without thinking about it too hard. Point is, Miranda's going to give her a terrific education.

She jumps slightly as her watch chirps, reminding her that she has other places to be. "Darn it, I promised GLoG Ha-... miss Hexenborn I'd take her out clothes shopping tonight." She sighs, releasing her hands from Sekhmet's neck. "Lady's got two outfits for herself and none for junior. That's not going to be sustainable." She smiles and makes her way to the door, waving goodbye to the assembled group. "You girls are going to have to have fun without me. Good night!"

kl-tnk
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2022-08-06 at 01:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sophie's Office]

A knock is heard, and the door opens to reveal Zara standing there. "Hi Miss Sophie! Big sister said there was a meeting to be had!" She declares, making herself comfortable on a chair once Sophie indicates she can. "You want to know how big sister is? We've been good, I promise." She gives that look of hers, a perpetual grin meant to convey excitement, even with the dead unfeeling eyes of a shark.

Spoiler
    Show

Khannie looks a bit uncomfortable at the talk of super-heroing.

"Umm."

She isn't a great liar.

Which, given that her natural talent involves illusion magic maybe that's a little incongruous.

A terrible liar, but pretty great at making illusionary constructs.

So instead of lying she just doesn't really respond to the super hero question or the request to help maybe. Khannie doesn't want other people jumping into the nonsense that she gets up to. The stuff is WAY too crazy and dangerous. Magical Girls have a level of resilience that only the toughest of capes can really match and she doesn't want to see someone else get smeared across the pavement like what happened to Arthfael.

"I don't think Bruce was just because of gamma rays but... umm..."

But she doesn't want to ask if Zara has suffered some sort of horrific trauma that caused her psyche to shatter in order to protect her from painful memories.

"Hi?" Khannie ventures back. She might be use to a lot of unusual things given how often life likes tossing weird at her but this seems a little extra unusual. Certainly not something she has a lot of direct experience with. Maybe kind of with Mrs Richards? But Khannie is pretty sure that's some kind of psychic magic thing or something.

"Hi yourself." The 'big sister' fires back, grinning. "What were you saying about Bruce? What else could cause a man to get stronger due to rage, asides science gone wrong?" She decides to try being 'friendly', and waves at the girl to keep talking.

Meanwhile, she methodically returns the drawing equipment into her inventory, and is left holding a block of wood and a knife. With these, she begins carving the wood.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2022-08-06 at 02:03 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

[Sophie's Office]

Sophie does Zara into her office and sits down in her own chair.

"I certainly haven't heard anything to your discredit," she says. Her tone seems to indicate that if something had happened, it wouldn't escape her notice. "What have the two of you been up to?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.