New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 37 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default GLoG 94: Good place to grow up

The Good League of Good is a Nexus organization devoted to the care and support of those in need, a sanctuary for those that need it, and the redemption of evildoers. The organization strives to make the campsite a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

If you are brand new to FFRP, please come to the Nexus OoC thread and introduce yourself. We all want to meet you!

GLoG's Programs

Charitable Activities
    GLoG's primary purpose as an organization is to perform good works such as caring for distressed individuals in need, housing and feeding evacuees from the cities during disasters, and healing sick and injured people in GLoG's infirmary–renowned as the most advanced place of healing in the Nexus. All full members are expected to take part in some portion of these activities.

Child Care
    Branching out from Sapling cabin, a child care and babysitting facility is run at GLoG. First and foremost, priority and free care is provided to children in need, whether they be from from downtrodden families or visitors from orphanages in the cities. No less fortunate child will be turned away. Beyond that there is room for other children, at a typical daycare cost of which all profits go right back into GLoG's programs. The facility is run by a combination of volunteers and employees.

Our Redemption Program
    No soul is too far gone to do some good in the world, and this program is for those that want to make up for their past misdeeds and do just that. It's a voluntary program initiated by the redeemee themself. Individuals who come in search of redemption should be interviewed by a senior member to see how their needs can be best met, and then assigned to a mentor who will assist them. Graduation from the redemption program will occur when both the redeemee and his/her mentor agree that they have made sufficient progress.

Attention Villains
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story. However, as a player to player courtesy, please check in with the players who are active at any given time before launching an attack. Not everyone wants to roleplay combat scenes, and sometimes there are other things going on that players don't want to interrupt for a random fight. Either a PM/IM to players, a short post in thread to say, "Mind if I introduce a villain here?" or a longer post in the OOC thread if it's a larger plot is appreciated.

Also, please don't plan any villainy that will result in destroying the base or having the same effect (poisoning the lake, burning down the forest, etc.) without the consent of the majority of the players who would be affected.

Base Defences
    Spoiler
    Show
    The GLoG campsite is now under the effects of the spell Plaza of Downcast Eyes. Almost all teleportation and scrying spells are blocked.

A Spirit Charm has been placed on the GLoG grounds. A number of willing spirits serve to protect the grounds. See the NPCs section for more information.

If any of your characters add more defences, please PM them to Gullara so they can be added.

If you're a newbie, and you've read this far, you should know enough to join in the fun.
    Everything beyond this point is Bonus Material.

After the original GLoG building was destroyed by an army of catpeople, the survivors took out a mortgage and purchased the Phoenix Lake Campground. Entering the campground by the main road leads to a small plaza ringed by the lodge, infirmary, and nursery, along with a parking area and stable. Past that, the camp gives way to nature a bit more with scattered cabins in a rough crescent around the lake. At the lake, there is a small dock with a little shed nearby where a few canoes and paddle boats are stored. The swimming area has a GIANT slide and a rope swing. Because GIANT slides and rope swings are awesome. There is a sandy volleyball court not far from the slide, a large playground under the trees, set back from the lake somewhat, and a set of horseshoe pits.

It's all set in the foothills of the Acro mountains, and mainly surrounded by woods. There are many hiking trails nearby leading to mountaintop vistas, waterfalls, sea coves, and various other locations, both within this thread, and in the Outside thread. The campground is also within easy walking distance of the city of Inside, though there is also a Riftline station just outside the campground for those who prefer to take the train or who have further to go.

All members are encouraged to take initiative in acting out the org's stated goals, and to help anyone who needs it. However, when looking for a higher authority to consult with, Reelshka Morty acts as the head administrator.

Buildings
    Spoiler
    Show
    Main Lodge: The large stone structure of the main lodge is one of the first visitors will see when entering the camp. The entrance area is heated by a large fireplace and has an array of comfortable seating. Through a wide entrance is the communal industrial kitchen and the cafeteria style dining hall. Offices for administration purposes can be used for paperwork and meetings. An entrance to the cellar can be found toward the back of the structure.

Infirmary: From the outside the Infirmary looks like a large version of the cozy cabins scattered throughout the campground. On the inside, it's a very clean environment, all white and silver. Even so, the place has a warm feeling. Natural light filters in from above and soft, soothing music filters through the whole building. Voices can barely be heard saying words of healing and comfort. There are no enclosed rooms, but each bed is separated by walls at a severe enough angle to give a semblance of privacy.

If no PC is present in the Infirmary, patients are tended to by Nurse Piper, a ghost NPC who haunts the infirmary. She has a tyrannical bedside manner, but will always put the welfare of her patients first. She is able to generally stabilize patients and do general nursing care, but cannot provide magical healing or any type of advanced medicine. A few Drones can serve a similar, if lesser, purpose.

Daycare Facility: Having started with just Sapling cabin, the nursery has been expanded to meet the needs of the camp's child care facility, which is run by Sakura Gullara and Reelshka Morty. Among the buildings there are play areas for all different ages, sleeping spaces both communal and private, and a dining area. Nearby there are a few outdoor play areas. A huge jungle gym stands next to a cement pad for sports, and behind both of those a grassy area is kept clear for other activities.

Cabins: Individuals can have their own room within a cabin, but they are unlikely to have a full cabin to themselves unless they come equipped with a family. Some of the cabins have been rebuilt, and may have more space than the four room cabins the campground came with, and a few cabins have had private bathrooms installed. All cabins are named after trees, and players are free to invent further details about their own cabins.
    Spoiler: Cabin List
    Show
    The following cabins are defined and occupied by at least one person. Feel free to move into one of these or define a new one (with a tree name). Just be aware that anyone moving into these will have cabinmates. PM Gullara to add a new cabin to the list.

• Oak
    • Ash
    • Redwood
    • Cherry
    • Elm
    • Birch
    • Ironoak
    • Maple
    • Balsa
    • Evergreen
    • Rowan
    • Poplar

The bolded cabins are at full occupancy.

Apple, the Visitor's Cabin, is reserved for visitors. They are requested to check in at the main lodge, where any member can give them permission to stay for a few days. Longer than that, unless they are in need, they will be requested to either join or find a living space elsewhere.

Bathhouse: This building is divided into the men's and women's bathhouses, with entrances at either end. It has shower stalls, a line of sinks, and toilet stalls in each.

Workshop: A well built cabin designed by Reelshka Morty, containing nothing at present but the Mainframe installation. It always remains locked. Drones fly in and out of a small entrance that opens for them when they send an encrypted signal.

NPCs
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Drones Mk 2

The drones are back at GLoG. Drones are NPCs who can be played by anyone, within the guidelines below:
    • Their Primary Function is member safety.
    • They do have stun beams, little arms, and the ability to record what's going on around them.
    • They follow orders from GLoG members, unless those orders conflict with their Primary Function.
    • There are only four to five in operation at any one time.
    • They can be destroyed, but if so they'll be restored from backup at the Workshop.
    • A few have been supplied with medical programming, and thus can perform infirmary duties.
    • They often have weird personality quirks and are prone to malfunctioning.
    • Statement: They speak in DarkOrange FixedSys

The Spirits
    Recently in the history of GLoG, a protective charm has been placed over the GLoG grounds. The shaman Pathfinder UncleWolf bid all the willing spirits that perished in and around GLoG to protect the grounds from those that would wish to do it and its inhabitants harm.

The Ghosts
    Having been built on a generic-ancient-burial-ground, Phoenix Lake Campground is haunted by various ghosts. They are generally harmless and for the most part glad to have some company, though pranks and hijinks may occur. Ghosts can be made up on the spot and NPC'd by anyone. They tend to speak in Gray and mostly appear for comic purposes, but this is by no means a requirement.

Archive
    Spoiler
    Show
    GLoG 93: Something something something babies
    GLoG 92: Generosity, Love, Opportunity, Growth
    GLoG 91
    GLoG 90
    GLoG 89
    GLoG 88
    GLoG 87
    GLoG 86
    GLoG 85
    GLoG 84: Goblins and catgirls and dryads, oh my!
    GLoG 83
    GLoG 82: So Many Babies!
    GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!
    GLoG LXXX: Continuation of a New Era!
    GLoG 79: So Lonely.
    Good League of Good 78: Druids of Mass Destruction and other bioweapons
    Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!
    GLoG 76: Now with a Decipherable OP!
    GLoG 75: Gazebos Gone Wild
    GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!
    GloG 73
    GLoG 72
    GLoG 71: Redemption Equals Free Housing!
    GLoG 70
    GLoG 69
    GLoG 68
    GLoG 67
    GloG 66: Coupon Redemption
    GloG 65
    GLoG 64: Campsites, not Chessboards!
    GLoG LXIII: Roman Numerals are back!
    GLoG 62: Come for the paddleboats. Stay for the hawt shirtless catboy!
    GLoG 61: Now with 100% More goblins
    GLoG 60
    GLoG LIX: Now with Trees!
    GLoG LVIII: Shaken, but not baked
    GLoG LVII: Princess Power Trio Plus Protective Parents
    GLoG LVI: I had a joke but I forgot it
    GLoG LV: Witty Title And/Or Song Reference
    GLoG LIV: Sleeping with the Lights On
    GLoG LIII: These are the Days of our Lives.
    GLoG LII: Home of the Next Generation
    GLoG 51
    GLoG 50: Rife with new Life.
    GLoG 49: Who Ya Gonna Call?
    GLoG 48: From the Ashes

♫♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♫

GLoG XLVII: Nothing can stop us. Well, except that.
    GLoG XLVI: With a Maraschino Cherry On Top.
    GLoG XLV: The winds of change be darned!
    GLoG 44: Continuity has no place here!
    GLoG 43: Behave yourself, Dani!
    GLoG XLII: Yes, curtains still get dropped here
    GLoG XLI: When you're smiling, the world plots against you.
    GLoG 40: Now one year old!
    GLoG 39: And there was much rejoicing. (Yay!)
    GLoG 38: Pay No Attention to the Computer's Paranoid Ramblings
    GLoG 37: Dysfunction Junction
    GLoG XXXVI: Curse You, Dramatic Irony!
    GLoG XXXV: There shall be happiness!!!
    GLoG XXXIV: It gets worse!
    GLoG XXXIII: Do you think you can handle it?
    GLoG XXXII: The Loved and the Lost
    GLoG 31: To live defeated and inglorious is to die daily
    GLoG 30: Defying Biology Since 2008!
    GLoG 29: Under New Management
    GLoG 28: The People's Republic of Magtok
    GLoG 27: Pay No Attention to the Thead Behind the Curtain!
    GLoG 26: Now With 100% More Things Trying to Nom You!
    GLoG XXV (that's 25!): Mapped out and everythin'!
    GLoG XXIV: This Ain't No House of Cards
    GLoG XXIII: With malice towards none.
    GLoG XXII: Ahhhhhh!!!! They're after us!!
    GLoG 21/XX1: Half of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
    GLoG 20/XX: Twenty Times the Awesome
    GLoG 19: For those who can't make it over the rainbow
    GLoG 18: It's A Brand New Day
    GLoG XVII: SMITE CONTINUITY!
    GLoG XVI: Built out of 100% recycled babies. That's why we're good.
    GLoG XV: Beware the Ides of GLoG.
    GLoG XIV: Where Bad Puns Go To Die.
    GLoG XIII: Bring It On, Omnipotent Beings!
    GLoG 12: [Insert Unique and Witty Title Here]
    GLoG XI: We Failed Our "Witty Title Check" (DC 3).
    GLoG X: More Like Good League Of... Of... Crazy
    GLoG IX: Death is no longer cheap
    GLoG VIII: Thread of Exalted Deeds
    GLoG VII: Now Vampire Free!
    GLoG VI: Thread of One Thousand Plots
    GLoG V: Where Everyone's a Hero (In Their Own Way)
    GLoG IV: Please refrain from kidnapping our members
    GLoG III: Albeit, we ate the cake with our sporks
    GLoG II: Now with 30% More Sporks
    The Good League of Good

This thread is managed by Gullara. I will create the new thread when this one reached 50 pages. Please contact me for updates to the OP.

Thinking about roleplaying in the Nexus? Come say hi in our Discord!
    Last edited by Gullara; 2022-07-26 at 08:20 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 94: Good place to grow up

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Lake - by still practice]

The CO2 extinquisher works very well indeed. It displaces the oxygen which, apparently, the alchemical conflagration still requires. Without air the flames dwindle and finally die. Although before she relaxes too much, the tree is still hot and whatever started the fire is probably still present, albeit unseen. Hadrian splashed something with the lake water, after all. Would a heavier-than-air gas react like that?

By the time the young psychic returns with a bucket half full of damp mud, Natalie has put out all of the fire. For now. "Ah, that's a useful power. You really saved me."
    "My pleasure. I've been practicing conjuration for a while. I should really replace the extinguisher kept in the kitchen, though. What were you doing, with the alchemic flame?" Natalie puts the now-empty extinguisher down, and leans against another tree, one that wasn't recently on fire.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Campground
    "Uh, I don't want to eat the dead or lead them astray. And I can already, uh, manipulate souls and minds. Uh..." Sekhmet laughs awkwardly. "All of the others sound at least a little good, but, uh, changing clothes is something I could really use." Even though it's almost a joke option, to magically change her clothes would be very helpful. She wouldn't need to buy new clothes to fit any shapeshifted forms, for example.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "I, uh, have a few advisers." One, really. But Sekhmet knows she can trust Rose. "But, uh, it's hard to find trustworthy fiends."
    Sophie appears deep in thought for a while.

"I could talk to them for you, perhaps. Determine which ones might potentially be trustworthy. And how to handle those that aren't. You will have to work with people you don't trust, I'm afraid. It's all a matter of finding ways to leverage them and make their motivations work for you."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary
    "Uh, that could be helpful, but, uh, my realm, uh, isn't very safe for mortals, even if you have, uh, diplomatic immunity." Again, Sekhmet doesn't know that Sophie is more than a mere mortal.

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Woods]

Oh yeah.

Arthfael is totally spooked.

"I think so, yeah," Khannie says with a frown. "His picture was so good I thought I would use that monster and magiced up the slithery sound. Should I go tell him it isn't real? What if he feels dumb?"

Being afraid of a snake that isn't real seems like a good way to make someone feel dumb.

Meanwhile!

There is in fact another cave on the other side of the pinnacle, quite a bit larger than the narrow gap our heroes had been looking at earlier. There's no water coming out of this one; it's more of a pit than a proper cave entrance. Thankfully it isn't overgrown otherwise it would be a real hazard that someone might fall into. There are no giant slithery noises nearby. There is, however, a large green lizard sitting on a rock sunning itself.

The lizard eyes Arthfael for a few moments before doing pushups to assert dominance.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Woods]

Unfortunately, the lizard does not have a sundae and therefore does not do a good job of asserting dominance. Arthfael counters by pointing out that he has a tendency to stress eat and the situation is quite stressful.

Once his mouth is no longer full, he calls back to Brinika and Khannie. "Guys! I found a better cave for trapping it!"
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-09-23 at 05:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Campground
    "Uh, I don't want to eat the dead or lead them astray. And I can already, uh, manipulate souls and minds. Uh..." Sekhmet laughs awkwardly. "All of the others sound at least a little good, but, uh, changing clothes is something I could really use." Even though it's almost a joke option, to magically change her clothes would be very helpful. She wouldn't need to buy new clothes to fit any shapeshifted forms, for example.
    Campground

Jaahlyn just looks at Sekhmet for a moment before she suddenly let's out a chuckle and with another flourish the mask is suddenly gone. "Baphoreth does all the dark stuff, but for cloth changing you just need me." Then she's suddenly back in her original clothes. The black robe replaced by her brown coat.

"And as you can see, returning my clothes to their original form is something I can do easily enough. Simply think back what you wore and then let your magic flow. But if you're having trouble with that I can always do it if you wish me to." Jaahlyn pauses as to let Sekhmet consider this proposition before she continues.

"Changing them into something else is a bit more complicated though as I need the right music to do it. I can change a lot of things I couldn't otherwise simply to fit to a song I'm performing. So if you were able to sing like you were able to a few minutes ago you could pick a fitting song and then change your outfit into anything associated to it."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-09-24 at 05:12 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Campground
    "So you, uh, need music to do that? Why? It seems like it would be uh, unrelated." Does it have something to do with the right mindset? Or maybe her magic just works that way. "Uh, didn't you change your clothes before the singing started?" Just a minute ago. What if the singing just hadn't begun?

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

[Woods]

"I'm not sure. Maybe we can break it to him gently afterwards." Brinika's further pondering is interrupted by Arthfael's arrival. She hurries to meet him. "Okay! We just need a way to lure it inside and then get away."

[Infirmary]

"Well, I'm not a mortal," Sophie points out. "But I'm not sure how much my powers would help me there. It seems the Unconquered Sun meant for me to be a diplomat between heaven, hell and the mortal world, but he's not very forthcoming on the details." Once more she's jealous of Corvus and Willa for getting to talk to their patron deity.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary
    Sekhmet looks at Sophie. Uh, yeah, gods can be secretive about their, uh, plans." She's not sure what else she should say to Sophie right now though. "Uh, is there anything else?"

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #12

[Woods]

That poor, innocent lizard.

Hopefully Arthfael can't get salmonella infections.

Anywho!

Khannie goes jogging over as well. "We'll have to be really careful, I think it might be-"

There's that slithering sound again.

Scales gliding over stone and sticks and brittle leaves.

"Okay I definitely heard it that time, it must be close," Khannie says, gripping her staff and causing a tongue of phantom fire to ignite at the end. "Okay, what's the plan? How are we going to trick it into the cave?"

It had better be a good plan since that sound is coming closer.

13. - Top - End - #13

[Woods]

He can. It's delicious.

"W-well... it'll have to chase someone in here, right?" Arthfael begins. "It's not going to just jump in the hole on its own. It... has to think it's getting a meal." He glances sidelong at Brinika and voices a thought he regrets immediately. "It's supposed to like the way goblins taste, right?"

Wow. Way to throw your friends under the bus, Arthfael.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

[Woods]

Brinika's ears point up. She's not sure what to think about Arthfael's suggestion. The snake isn't real but he thinks it is, so is he volunteering it for risking being eaten? She decides to play along, though.

"I'm the hero so I can't back down from a challenge. But how will I get out and seal the cave? Maybe there's a crevice small enough for a goblin to squeeze through."

[Infirmary]

"What exactly are the risks for mortals going to your realm? Spiritual corruption, or just physically burning to death?" Sophie inquires. Seems she's not letting go of this idea.

15. - Top - End - #15

[Woods]

"The hole on the other side looked pretty small,"
    Khannie points out. "I'm not totally sure I would even be able to squeeze through it, so I'm sure a giant snake wouldn't be able to."

It kind of depends on how giant the snake in question is.

"Okay I think I've got a plan," Khannie concludes after a few moments of thought. "Me and Arthfale can hide and when the snake sees you you jump into the hole, Brinika. Once it chases you then we can try to slow it down to make sure it can't catch you. Then when you go out the other side you seal that one while we hold off the snake to make sure it can't get back out. Then you run over HERE and seal this side too!"

There we go.

Perfect plan.

No chance of getting eaten by a giant snake.

Definitely not.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary
    "Uh, both. My palace is, uh, safe from the fiery death bit though." Sekhmet still feels weird about having a palace. She lives in her cabin at GLoG; the palace is just somewhere she goes sometimes for her royal duties (which she shirks most of the time). "Uh, and there's also fiends I don't have rulership over, uh, yet, that will kill or enslave any mortals they, uh, find."

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #17

Campground

"It's more than just the sounds that are magical my lady. It's the entire, ah, scene. There are these spirits, animate concepts really. Not truly sentient but that reacts to intent, to thoughts.

When I plan the performance in my mind I'm also channeling them and when I do perform they help out, they make the vision I have in my mind real. Like when you're writing a book or more fittingly, a musical. That's how my magic works."
    Jaahlyn explains with a nod. "Does that make sense? I'm not really a scholar or anything so I don't know the exact in- and outs. Just my own experiences and knowledge."

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Woods]

Brinika's ears point up. She's not sure what to think about Arthfael's suggestion. The snake isn't real but he thinks it is, so is he volunteering it for risking being eaten? She decides to play along, though.

"I'm the hero so I can't back down from a challenge. But how will I get out and seal the cave? Maybe there's a crevice small enough for a goblin to squeeze through."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Woods]

"The hole on the other side looked pretty small,"
    Khannie points out. "I'm not totally sure I would even be able to squeeze through it, so I'm sure a giant snake wouldn't be able to."

It kind of depends on how giant the snake in question is.

"Okay I think I've got a plan," Khannie concludes after a few moments of thought. "Me and Arthfael can hide and when the snake sees you you jump into the hole, Brinika. Once it chases you then we can try to slow it down to make sure it can't catch you. Then when you go out the other side you seal that one while we hold off the snake to make sure it can't get back out. Then you run over HERE and seal this side too!"

There we go.

Perfect plan.

No chance of getting eaten by a giant snake.

Definitely not.
    [Woods]

"...Your plan is to seal us inside with the snake?!" Arthfael demands. "Uh-uh. Nooooo way. No can do. I'm not a fan of being the victim of the old 'heroic sacrifice' trope. Come on, Khannie, you can do illusions, can't you, like, magic up some kind of lure?" He points at Brinika. "Maybe something that smells like her, so when the snake comes into the tunnel it goes after it instead?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Campground
    Sekhmet thinks about that for a moment. "Uh, I'm curious. Could you, uh, perform again, but, uh, let me touch your mind while you do it?" She wants to "see" the process more closely. You see, she has some idea of how she might use that.
    Jahlynn uses spirits to alter reality. Sekhmet is a spirit herself (sort of) and is capable of altering reality as well, although she's more limited in execution. Maybe she could learn something from them.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

[Woods]

"I think the idea is that you stay outside and keep the snake from going out. But he's not wrong," Brinika adds, looking up at Khannie. Even if he's also scared of something that isn't real. "How would you make a giant snake not go where it wants to go?"

[Infirmary]

"So if you could transport be directly into your realm, I'd at least be safe from burning to a coal." Sophie continues to be unnervingly matter of fact about the entire idea. "The other part is more concerning. I don't think my diplomatic immunity entirely prevents demons from attacking me. Just makes it harder. It might not be enough."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmiary
    "The ones in my palace, uh, serve me, or at least, uh, claim to. If you were my guest, they wouldn't harm you. Outside, it's, uh, lawless wasteland." Not a pleasant place, but hells rarely are. Sekhmet clearly doesn't like thinking about it much.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #22

[Woods]

Khannie wrinkles her nose at the accusation.

"No that would be dumb. Our job would be to stay out here and make sure it doesn't double back before Brinika can get it stuck," Khannie explains.

The Brinika adds her thoughts!

"I can only do so many illusions at the same time,"
    Khannie admits. "The more sensory aspects they have the harder it is to make more and bigger ones. I guess I could try making a scent trail like Brinika but I don't know what goblins smell like to snakes."

Ah.

That's a problem.

Khannie has got one of those lousy human noses. Her sense of smell isn't great.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Woods]

"I think the idea is that you stay outside and keep the snake from going out. But he's not wrong," Brinika adds, looking up at Khannie. Even if he's also scared of something that isn't real. "How would you make a giant snake not go where it wants to go?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Woods]

Khannie wrinkles her nose at the accusation.

"No that would be dumb. Our job would be to stay out here and make sure it doesn't double back before Brinika can get it stuck," Khannie explains.

The Brinika adds her thoughts!

"I can only do so many illusions at the same time,"
    Khannie admits. "The more sensory aspects they have the harder it is to make more and bigger ones. I guess I could try making a scent trail like Brinika but I don't know what goblins smell like to snakes."

Ah.

That's a problem.

Khannie has got one of those lousy human noses. Her sense of smell isn't great.
    [Woods]

"...Oh."

Well now he just felt stupid. Of course Khannie and Brinika weren't going to go with a suicidal plan.

Arthfael takes a minute to think about it. "Okay, okay, maybe you can't make a lure to coax it in... but what about something that would frighten it? Like... like if a raptor of some kind flew overhead. I'm sure this snake doesn't want to be eaten itself, no matter how big or strong its gotten, and you can probably see and hear better than it can."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"So I could help you if I went directly to your palace." Sophie seems thoughtful. "It's still very risky, but it might be possible. And you need help, by the sound of it."

[Woods]

"It'd take a very big bird to catch that snake. But there are big birds. And maybe the snake remembers when it was still small. It could work," Brinika says.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Sekhmet thinks. "If I ever need your help, I'll, uh, ask. But, uh, I think I'd, uh, look weak if I relied on an outsider for my, uh, diplomacy." She doesn't personally mind if she looks weak, but she understands that's very bad for her kingdom.

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Hmm." Sophie has to admit Sekhmet's point. "That might be true. And if I proclaim myself as a demigoddess openly, it might bring down a different sort of trouble. It might be best if I advise you and help indirectly."

27. - Top - End - #27

Campground
    Sekhmet thinks about that for a moment. "Uh, I'm curious. Could you, uh, perform again, but, uh, let me touch your mind while you do it?" She wants to "see" the process more closely. You see, she has some idea of how she might use that.
    Jahlynn uses spirits to alter reality. Sekhmet is a spirit herself (sort of) and is capable of altering reality as well, although she's more limited in execution. Maybe she could learn something from them.
    Campground

"Again?" Jaahlyn inquires hesitantly, but then seem to completely change her mind. "Well, of course your majesty. Is there any particular type of song you wish me to perform?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Campground
    "Uh, whatever song you're comfortable with. I, uh, just want to observe in a, uh, different way." She reaches out with psychic power to gently touch Jahlynn's mind and read her surface thoughts and focuses as the performance proceeds.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #29

Campground

"As in, reading my mind or nature? Very well." She certainly hoped it wasn't the latter one.

I certainly hope it wasn't the latter one. Is the first thing Sekhmet hears as she prods Jaahlyn's mind. Get out of my mind.
    That would be nasty- hold up is she reading my mind right now? She didn't give a signal... Or I'll make you regret it.
    "Have you started? Since, uh, I would need to consider the song first. Or maybe you want to listen in to that process as well?" The satyr smiles.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-11-04 at 04:51 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Campground
    "I don't know what you, uh, mean by reading your nature, so I, uh, think it's just mind. And, uh, yes I started. Sorry for, uh, not warning you." Sekhmet answers. "I'm sorry, uh, if this is making you uncomfortable, we can stop."

My Nexus characters