A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous: The Video Game

Quote Originally Posted by Sloanzilla View Post
    How big of a deal is it if I don't finish "Middlegame" (Where you have to get all four stats to 5 by the end of act 3? I've run out of ways to get leadership from 4 to 5. I mean is it a dealbreaker in terms of finishing the game or secret ending?
    I'm almost 100% sure it isn't a requirement for the secret ending. I'm fairly sure I didn't get that milestone while going for the secret ending, anyway, but depending on some other choices and your opinions on a certain character, it might leave you in a position where you have to make a somewhat distasteful choice to get that ending.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

It does nothing for the secret ending, but it does affect most of the other endings.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

well crud, I'm like 70K shy on leadership points and there's nothing left that I can reach.
    Last edited by Sloanzilla; 2022-01-15 at 02:15 PM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

well crud, I'm like 70K shy on leadership points and there's nothing left that I can reach.
    Okay, so I did some investigation. There's two unlisted sources of leadership exp.

The first is leveling your generals (or, more specifically, them receiving exp). If there's any battles left to do, they might get you what you need.

The second is any leadership decree, even if it isn't listed as giving leadership exp. They all give a baseline level of exp before any listed completion bonus. I'm fairly certain there's at least one repeatable decree you can use.

If there's nothing left, you can stall things out a little while and wait for some new events to pop up. Not the best idea if you want to go for the secret ending though.
    Last edited by Tome; 2022-01-15 at 02:44 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

5. - Top - End - #275

DwarfClericGuy

ok thanks, I may try that. A few L7 demon armies are spawning and I think there's a repeatable that declares you get 1K leadership.

I've got the Queen coming in a couple weeks now- but as I understand- that means you have to start the Fane, not complete it? Otherwise, looks like another reload.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

So, because of a month-long loss of computer, I haven't gotten very far, but I kind of think the "path" stuff in the early game is kinda wild because I have NO ****ing idea what it's talking about. Like, I get the edges from reading this thread, but if I wasn't?

"This option requires the aeon path."
    "...what is that?"
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Two Tales of Tellene, available from DriveThruFiction
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

7. - Top - End - #277

DwarfClericGuy

No, I don't think this game will win any awards in the "explaining stuff to you" category.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

ok thanks, I may try that. A few L7 demon armies are spawning and I think there's a repeatable that declares you get 1K leadership.

I've got the Queen coming in a couple weeks now- but as I understand- that means you have to start the Fane, not complete it? Otherwise, looks like another reload.
    Her arrival opens up the option to start it, but as far as I know it doesn't force you to start it immediately.

edit: though, keep in mind, you need to finish the campaign in a very specific week to get the secret ending if you're aiming for that, so keep that in mind if you're considering doing a long grind. Though when I got that ending on my second playthrough I had quite a bit of time left over at the end, so it's not like there's a super tight time-limit.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2022-01-15 at 03:39 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

IIRC its only the week that matters, not the year.
    So if you miss the date, you could theorically just grind out until that week comes up again next year.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

I think specifically it's a week but only in two years. You COULD make the first one if you hurry, but the second one is very hard to miss. But there is a timeskip involved.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

So, because of a month-long loss of computer, I haven't gotten very far, but I kind of think the "path" stuff in the early game is kinda wild because I have NO ****ing idea what it's talking about. Like, I get the edges from reading this thread, but if I wasn't?

"This option requires the aeon path."
    "...what is that?"
    Something you pick after retaking Dresden. (or however its spelled)
    Would rather not spoiler anything more.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #282

DwarfClericGuy

Developer “Did you finish the eastern portion of the Midnight Fane yet?”
    Designer “No sir I’ve been busy writing backstories for very specifically situational magical bardiche.”
    Developer “Good, good, but we need to finish the Fane. I’ve got it. How about we add a ghoul pit?”
    Designer “Ghoul pit?”
    Developer “Yeah, where waves of ghouls climb out of a pit. It’s a great combination of tedious and repetitive.”
    Designer “Didn’t we have a ghoul pit at the end of the second chapter?”
    Developer “People LOVE ghoul pits. Add another. And after that, I want some random death blob thing that regenerates and has 65 armor class.”
    Designer “On it”

13. - Top - End - #283

DwarfClericGuy

I owned the immortal death blob guy with creeping doom and some lucky dispel magic rolls.

That lineup of ninja succubus archers with evasion wasn't fun.