New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous: The Video Game

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Wait, you mean to tell me that the psycho half spider that repeatedly murders everyone around her wasn't your first romance choice?
    No, she's my second. Arueshalae is just too precious!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Does anyone know what the timeline looks for actual content expansions?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #213
    Banned

In general, this thing that these types of games always do where they take an awful person and redeem them by romancing them needs to die in a fire. You don't date someone with the intention of "fixing them."

Naturally, it's possible for a character to grow from a relationship, but anyone who takes a look at a character like Wendaug and says "eh, I'll fix her by sleeping with her" has learned some very bad lessons from media.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Tangentially, they also prettied up Wenduag a lot compared to what she looked like in the original adventure path. I honestly think it's a better look for her, but I imagine it's a bit harder to find anyone interested in fixing/romancing that compared to spiderkitty.
    Last edited by Taevyr; 2021-12-26 at 06:27 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Eh, in all my playthroughs so far I always pick Lann between the two so never got the chance to see her open up.
    Also I know it's very "vanilla" but Arue is my favorite romance, just a total sweetheart. Helps she doesn't sound a chainsmoker either

6. - Top - End - #216

DwarfClericGuy

Hitting bug central in book 3 Trickster. Nocitula's boyfriend or whatever approaches me over and over asking about hobbies for my troops. But it seems like the trigger for that dialog is keeping other dialogs from kicking off.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

In general, this thing that these types of games always do where they take an awful person and redeem them by romancing them needs to die in a fire. You don't date someone with the intention of "fixing them."
    Well, in real life, this happens quite a lot even if I personally agree its not the best way to go about a relationship. There is just something that appeals to people about using the power of love to be the catalyst for positive change.

Naturally, it's possible for a character to grow from a relationship, but anyone who takes a look at a character like Wendaug and says "eh, I'll fix her by sleeping with her" has learned some very bad lessons from media.
    I agree, but would say that its not just media that has influenced their perception on the issue. Though, there is some sort of truth to the thought that it takes real intimacy (not just the sexual kind) to start wearing away at the walls people have put up to defend themselves. And, there is the subject of whether or not the person is redeemable in the first place. Some people simply enjoy being what they are.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Banned

Well I agree that toxic relationships happen in real life too. The problem is that these games almost universally depict these toxic situations as good and romantic. It's similar to how hollywood tends to portray their romantic comedy protagonists as incredibly clingly and stalkerish. That kinda stuff doesn't lead to healthy relationships in the real world.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well I agree that toxic relationships happen in real life too. The problem is that these games almost universally depict these toxic situations as good and romantic. It's similar to how hollywood tends to portray their romantic comedy protagonists as incredibly clingly and stalkerish. That kinda stuff doesn't lead to healthy relationships in the real world.
    Well, no. But then people make huge mistakes from deriving any sort of relationship advice from any sort of media. Its better to use real world examples of healthy, stable relationships that have stood the test of time, and model your expectations off of those. Now, those kinds of things are few and far between because they are not titillating, sparkly, or attention grabbing, and people have this inane desire to deviate from stable pathways in order to seek out some sort of thrill. I include myself in that particular category, mind you.

Perhaps we just need to start pounding that message into people's heads from a young age. Nothing you see on the TV is actually reality. Even the news generally distorts things just enough to garner attention, regardless of what source you visit.

Irregardless of all of that, I sure as hell romanced Wenduag first. Primarily because she is the first of the characters that showed any kind of interest in my main character. By the time others came around, I had already developed a bond with Wenduag and her behavior had begun to shift.
    Last edited by Eldonauran; 2021-12-28 at 06:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonauran View Post
    Well, no. But then people make huge mistakes from deriving any sort of relationship advice from any sort of media. Its better to use real world examples of healthy, stable relationships that have stood the test of time, and model your expectations off of those. Now, those kinds of things are few and far between because they are not titillating, sparkly, or attention grabbing, and people have this inane desire to deviate from stable pathways in order to seek out some sort of thrill. I include myself in that particular category, mind you.

Perhaps we just need to start pounding that message into people's heads from a young age. Nothing you see on the TV is actually reality. Even the news generally distorts things just enough to garner attention, regardless of what source you visit.

Irregardless of all of that, I sure as hell romanced Wenduag first. Primarily because she is the first of the characters that showed any kind of interest in my main character. By the time others came around, I had already developed a bond with Wenduag and her behavior had begun to shift.
    Well, that would require picking her over Lann. I suppose I could see some reasons why she might appeal to an evil character.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, that would require picking her over Lann. I suppose I could see some reasons why she might appeal to an evil character.
    Funny thing, that. My character is a Lawful Good Kineticist (sometimes Neutral Good depending on the game choices available). My character chose to keep her around to keep an eye on her and to have an obvious insider in the group in which outside evil parties might approach for information or attempts at betrayal. Since she is subservient to those 'more powerful' than herself, my character saw it as a chance to control her path of destruction and work towards steering her down a better path. The romance option was a surprise. Also, mechanically speaking... her ability scores were perfect for the roles I needed filled at the time.

Lan... was too eager and too zealous up front. Too quick to jump on the bandwagon and join the crusade. He was at an 11 when I needed him to be at a 6. I did acquire him later and don't regret the decisions made.

12. - Top - End - #222

BardGuy

Funny thing, that. My character is a Lawful Good Kineticist (sometimes Neutral Good depending on the game choices available). My character chose to keep her around to keep an eye on her and to have an obvious insider in the group in which outside evil parties might approach for information or attempts at betrayal. Since she is subservient to those 'more powerful' than herself, my character saw it as a chance to control her path of destruction and work towards steering her down a better path. The romance option was a surprise. Also, mechanically speaking... her ability scores were perfect for the roles I needed filled at the time.

Lan... was too eager and too zealous up front. Too quick to jump on the bandwagon and join the crusade. He was at an 11 when I needed him to be at a 6. I did acquire him later and don't regret the decisions made.
    Wait, you can acquire both? Didn't know that

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taevyr View Post
    Wait, you can acquire both? Didn't know that
    You've got to be careful about it. I dunno what happens if you go for Wenduag first, but if you go for Lann first, recruiting Wenduag the first time you're able to ends badly. Either way I think you can't get the second one's quests the same, so you get a sort of bad ending for them.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

14. - Top - End - #224

And then there's Camilla...

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSquirrel View Post
    Anyone that comes with a necklace that hides their alignment is bad news. It is sort of a dead give-away. Such a shame that she is so damn useful in combination with Ember.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSquirrel View Post
    Anyone that comes with a necklace that hides their alignment is bad news. It is sort of a dead give-away. Such a shame that she is so damn useful in combination with Ember.
    I haven't gotten far enough to know what is going on with her, but her battle chatter says "I am a creepy, creepy person."
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    I haven't gotten far enough to know what is going on with her, but her battle chatter says "I am a creepy, creepy person."
    There's an event in chapter 3 that partially explains it, but not entirely. On an unrelated note, she's a liar.

18. - Top - End - #228

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Her battle chatter, combined with class/necklace, was the main give-away for me. Just too obvious.

19. - Top - End - #229

DwarfClericGuy

In terms of MVP- I'm going to have to go with Ember.

Nothing says ^$@# your 900000 AC and equally high spell resistance like good old Ember.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Taevyr View Post
    Her battle chatter, combined with class/necklace, was the main give-away for me. Just too obvious.
    It would have been cool if her battle chatter was more neutral, and got creepy after you learned what ever it is you learn when I get that far.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

For people who've already bought into the game, did you pick up the Season Pass? The DLC descriptions sound cool, but I'm not sure how much money buying the pass will save me, and whether it's a good deal. I never got any of the DLCs for Kingmake.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Banned

Nah. I couldn't even bring myself to finish the main game. Not much reason to grab the season pass. Chances are that I'll never play them unless they come out and the reviews are incredible.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    For people who've already bought into the game, did you pick up the Season Pass? The DLC descriptions sound cool, but I'm not sure how much money buying the pass will save me, and whether it's a good deal. I never got any of the DLCs for Kingmake.
    The Kingmaker DLCs were pretty good. I particularly enjoyed the roguelite dungeon crawler mode.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

24. - Top - End - #234
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    The Kingmaker DLCs were pretty good. I particularly enjoyed the roguelite dungeon crawler mode.
    That actually sounds vaguely interesting. Is there any plot at all to it, or just endless dungeon crawling?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

It looks like DLC3 for WoR will be a similar roguelike repeatable.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Banned

I tried the roguelike thing out last night. Turns out I already owned it from when I bought kingmaker.

It's....whatever. No story, just mindless combat. I expected it to be harshly difficult given the roguelite descriptor, but it's just standard encounters....usually with the exact same enemies over and over. I did several floors with a very poorly optimized party and was never in any danger of dying at any point. Barring an insane difficulty spike on later floors, I have no doubt a well optimized party could clear it on the first run, which kinda defeats the whole "roguelite" purpose.

It's like a lot of things from this developer. Very interesting in theory, but lacking in execution.

27. - Top - End - #237

DwarfClericGuy

one of the best things about this game is the wide variety of characters available to create. I can see using a roguelike just to try out some different options. Second and third playthroughs of the main campaign are fine, but it does take some time to get to say, Mythic Tier 3.

28. - Top - End - #238

DwarfClericGuy

What do you have to do to get credit for "Form the Staff Council" - a Crusade quest in middle game Act 3?
    I appointed all of the cabinet secretaries or whatever they are called.

I'm a little concerned it may be a bug issue (Playing Trickster)- Socothbenoth approaches me over and over and asks what hobby I want to give my troops. Not sure if they are connected, but I can't get "An Odd Supplicant" to trigger either.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sloanzilla View Post
    What do you have to do to get credit for "Form the Staff Council" - a Crusade quest in middle game Act 3?
    I appointed all of the cabinet secretaries or whatever they are called.

I'm a little concerned it may be a bug issue (Playing Trickster)- Socothbenoth approaches me over and over and asks what hobby I want to give my troops. Not sure if they are connected, but I can't get "An Odd Supplicant" to trigger either.
    Not exactly sure, but that sounds like a bug to me. I don't think any event should repeat like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloanzilla View Post
    one of the best things about this game is the wide variety of characters available to create. I can see using a roguelike just to try out some different options. Second and third playthroughs of the main campaign are fine, but it does take some time to get to say, Mythic Tier 3.
    I had that thought as well. It's still pretty slow paced though. I would like a version of it where you advance much faster, or at least started a little higher level.

30. - Top - End - #240

DwarfClericGuy

OK reloaded a game from a few (real life) days ago and, wow, I missed almost all of the kingdom side of the game. Really wish they'd make this game less bugged.