A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Straightforward combat cheat sheet?

I have a group of 5 mostly learning 3.5 for the first time. All are familiar with 5e to various degrees and a couple have played one game of pathfinder. I'm looking for an easy way to present combat actions to them so I don't have to explain or check myself every time, without just pointing them at the srd. Most of us don't have a convenient way to browse at the table anyway and we only have the one PHB between all of us (which I also occasionally need to reference). I'd like to be able to print it and hand a copy to everyone. Anyone have a good resource for this? Looking it up I ran into a lot of "modified" versions with house rules added in, so that's not really what I'm looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Straightforward combat cheat sheet?

What you are looking for is a very quick Google search away. I was about to find and print out half dozen or so 1 or 2 page reference documents in regards to often looked up rules and hand them.over to my friend who was DMing for the first time so he could just look the ready rules up.

I also recommend just doing a simple copy paste of the SRD for the class tables and such then printing those out. I also know that there are spell lists already arranged you can print out as well.

Most of my group has access to free unlimited printing, but I can understand if others do not. Still a black and white at like 15 cents a page is not too shabby if you only have 1 PHB. Sometimes on ebay you can find one for 35 bucks, I managed to snag a pocket version for 20.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quick access to the tables in the PHB should be easy to whip up. There could also be some old DM screens out there as well. If you have one for a different edition, all you have to do is tape a couple pieces together at the top and drape them over. You've got stuff you need on the inside and stuff they need on the outside.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

I have been using these sheets for a long time. They have most all of the charts, conditions, etc from the PHB

https://www.enworld.org/threads/look...sheets.194779/

https://www.enworld.org/threads/look...-sheets.85471/
    Last edited by smetzger; 2021-09-24 at 02:31 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

The On-Screen DM-Screen is pretty useful.