New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The unavailability of fresh vegetables for Epic Characters in 3.5e

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Tippyverse ahoy!
    I mean if we're going full Tippyverse she wouldn't even need to go to Cliffport because she'd have a dozen repeating create food and water traps pumping out food for her and all her monsters and some repeating wish traps literally printing money and magic items.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RatElemental View Post
    I mean if we're going full Tippyverse she wouldn't even need to go to Cliffport because she'd have a dozen repeating create food and water traps pumping out food for her and all her monsters and some repeating wish traps literally printing money and magic items.
    I am unsure if Create Food and Water provides fiber-rich food.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    I am unsure if Create Food and Water provides fiber-rich food.
    It creates a bland version of whatever basic meal you want. Porridge and oatmeal are simple and already pretty bland.

Can always add a prestidigitation trap or two to spice up the food anyway.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post
    One might mention that there may be issues with teaching halfling children to walk. It's difficult enough with human children whose heads are proportionally large and mounted on slender, undeveloped necks. Although that may be why halfling necks are strong enough to mitigate the hazards of execution by hanging.

And now I am stuck wondering about halfling hips and childbirth. Do they have a hinged pelvis?
    Well, Dark Sun halflings are described as having the same body proportions as humans, so there'd be no issues. On the other hand, OOTS characters all have abnormally large heads, so who knows?

Regarding the specifics and origins of acres, there are forum members on multiple continents* with a plethora of scientific careers that require utilizing a wide range of units. You should ALWAYS expect unit-of-measurement discussions! (Rather like how you should always expect a head rub.)

* Most of us are in North America. I know of at least two forumites in South America, several from Europe, a few from Asia, and a pair from Australia. I can't think of any from Africa, but that could just be me being forgetful - or not visiting the right parts of the forum. If any of us have ever been to Antartica, I'd love to hear about it!
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2021-10-01 at 12:17 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #35

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    * Most of us are in North America. I know of at least two forumites in South America, several from Europe, a few from Asia, and a pair from Australia. I can't think of any from Africa, but that could just be me being forgetful - or not visiting the right parts of the forum. If any of us have ever been to Antartica, I'd love to hear about it!
    I've been to Antarctica, but only for about an hour or so on the mainland, in the most-northern parts, and only a stone's throw from the sea. It was a soft adventure cruise out of Ushuaia, that also visited South Georgia Island. Lots of penguins, seals, albatrosses, and icebergs. No bugbears.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSh View Post
    Lots of penguins, seals, albatrosses, and icebergs. No bugbears.
    Of course not! Like polar bears, bugbears live at the North Pole!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

One might mention that there may be issues with teaching halfling children to walk. It's difficult enough with human children whose heads are proportionally large and mounted on slender, undeveloped necks. Although that may be why halfling necks are strong enough to mitigate the hazards of execution by hanging.

And now I am stuck wondering about halfling hips and childbirth. Do they have a hinged pelvis?
    Halflings are egg-laying mammals. Like the platypus and the echidna.

Although "egg" is misleading. The egg never "hatches" - it just grows in size and eventually develops features - like eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and hair - and thus becomes the head of a halfling child.

Their neck and torso sprout from the head during puberty, like a stem from a seed. When they fully grow all four limbs, then are they considered a grown adult. This is why halflings have such a powerful "wanderlust". You try spending twenty years as mainly a head - you'd want to start walking as much as you could, too.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Halflings are egg-laying mammals. Like the platypus and the echidna.

Although "egg" is misleading. The egg never "hatches" - it just grows in size and eventually develops features - like eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and hair - and thus becomes the head of a halfling child.

Their neck and torso sprout from the head during puberty, like a stem from a seed. When they fully grow all four limbs, then are they considered a grown adult. This is why halflings have such a powerful "wanderlust". You try spending twenty years as mainly a head - you'd want to start walking as much as you could, too.
    Thus the origin of the term 'headcanon' came with the gnomish realization of a renewable green source of projectiles for black-powder siege weapons.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thus the origin of the term 'headcanon' came with the gnomish realization of a renewable green source of projectiles for black-powder siege weapons.
    Like bees distributing pollen for the flowers. Truly, a most beautiful and elegant symbiosis.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrod View Post
    Alternatively in most Underdark civilizations in D&D across editions there are mentions of fibrous fungi that are staples of their cuisine (and many make wines or other forms of alcohol and even flour from fungi).
    Is mushroom flour even possible?

Hopefully the lore paid lip service to fungi being genetically closer to animals than plants, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thank you everyone for your answers!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ionathus View Post
    Is mushroom flour even possible?

Hopefully the lore paid lip service to fungi being genetically closer to animals than plants, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thank you everyone for your answers!
    Yeah you can use powdered dried mushrooms to substitute part of flour. And we definitely make flour from things other than plants; cricket flour is increasingly popular.

Honestly a deepspawn is my answer to every D&D problem.