New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Luther's Journey

You think about what you already know of Strix, and wonder what LeTem will be like. But, as you summon a servant to lead you to LeTem and Strix, you guess you'll find out soon. Heading out of the Halls, you see a massive stadium, easily fitting thousands of people, rising up in front of you. There's the sounds of exertion from within, though no real crowd sounds.

As you enter, you see a few teams practicing some kind of sports-ball on the field, with Strix shouting encouragement. The servant, though, turns a corner and leads you to a smaller building attached to the stadium. You enter, and see a fully naked, save for a towel wrapped around her hair, satyr step out. She's soaking wet, and before you get the chance to make your escape and let her dry and dress, the servant announces "LeTem, you have a visitor."

The satyr looks at you a moment. Her face goes red, and she drops her towel to cover her body.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2021-09-26 at 11:29 AM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Luther's Journey

Luther blushes beetroot red and immediately turns around then covers his eyes. Not the most helpful order of actions but he's clearly very flustered and surprised.

"Ah'm..mmm...s-so sorry lass. Ah weren't peepin' on yer or nowt, the ruddy rune servant sent me to yer. N-names Luther, Luther Lockwood. Ah'm a new student, s-studyin' up so's ah can join the bladedancers one day. Prof. Silvux sent me, 'e said thou or Strix might be able to help m-me...?" He trails off into embarrassed silence after blurting all of that out at a rate of knots.

3. - Top - End - #3

She laughs, a nervous bleat, and says "Yeah... The servants can, uh, be a little oblivious. Just... Wait outside for a bit, okay?"

You step back, stumbling against the wall as you keep your eyes covered, but make it out without any injury. A few minutes pass, giving you time to calm down, and LeTem steps out, dressed in a long tunic. "Right! Let's just forget that happened and try again, okay? I'm LeTem-illusionist and sports fan. You said you're Luther? It's nice to meet you," she holds out her hand to shake. "You've been bladedancing? Want to show me some moves?"

Show
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #4

"Right, yes, good idea," Luther said, his blushes having slightly faded by this point. He assumes first position then pauses for a second, "It's funny, ah've not really danced fer anyone else before. Me family watched occasionally, but it were just fer me."

He starts to move through some classical steps slightly self-consciously. He visibly relaxes at one point as if inner music had started to swell up inside him. He draws his slightly battered rapier and begins to twirl and leap joyously, feeling like sparks of lightning are flowing through his muscles.

"How were that?" He asks, panting slightly.

5. - Top - End - #5

"It's good!" LeTem tells you. "Although a bit old-fashioned, maybe? Where you from?" she asks as she steps towards you, grasping your hand.

She begins to lead you in a dance, still talking. "I'm going to guess somewhere a little out of the way? Here, I'll take lead," she says as she begins to sway against you. "You were pretty stiff at first, but once you got into it, I can see that this is something you've really got a passion for. I've mostly been doing my moves cheering for the teams, but if you and I work together... Maybe we can have a show all about dancing, and not just as a sideline."

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #6

"Hehe, I suppose it might be old fashioned at that! Ah learned mostly from old instruction manuals. Couldn't afford no dancing master yeh see. Ah'm from the northern Dalelands, ah suppose they're a bit remote like."

Luther let himself feel the rhythm of her moves, following her lead only slightly awkwardly.

"Yer got that right. Ah don't how t'describe it, but it's like bein' free like. Thou know what ah mean? Everythin' else just fades away. I'd love to help thee! We could do a big performance, tellin' a story like. Or if tha' ent enough sport like fer Strix we could make it a competition. Ah read about an old civilisation far t'south where the great Baz had pairs of dancers battle others ter see who were best. Could e'en use illusions or other magic fer costumes or fancier moves?"

7. - Top - End - #7

"I like the way you think!" LeTem says, her movements speeding up. "Strix would like competition, they would, but is that what art is about? To me, it's about sharing beauty with each other and the world, not judging one another to see who's better or not. Everyone starts somewhere, everyone ends somewhere, so enjoy the ride, you know?"

She gives you a twirl, and catches you down low. "Thanks for the dance, sweetie. Let's go talk to Strix!"

You head over to where Strix is bellowing instructions. LeTem slows her gait a bit, letting you keep pace easily, and you wait for a minute or two, visible to Strix but not interfering. "Right!" they call out to the team working. "Good work today-hit the showers, and see you all tomorrow! As for you two," they turn to face you, "what's up? Luther, I see you met LeTem. She's a grand help here-always cheering us on."

LeTem grins, her cheeks just a touch red. "Aw, it's nothing."

"It's something!" Strix counters. "But what brings you here to me? Didn't you have class, LeTem?"

"Oh crap! You're right, I got so busy with Luther, I forgot! Luther, you tell Strix what we thought-I gotta get going!" she says, and starts galloping off.

Show
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Luther looks somewhat forlorn at the prospect of having to explain the plan alone. He starts to babble uncontrollably.

"Umm...right-oh then. Well it be like this Strix. We was thinkin' about a big event involvin' dancin'.

We could get folk from differen' places to do smaller showin' off local specialties, bring folk closer together like. Big group numbers to to get folk mixing. Could even have a part of it be competitive like, get the audience to vote on what they like.

It'd be great fer gettin' folk involved from all over the school. Dancin' is great trainin' fer sporty types. Agility, flexibility, acrobatics, plus reamwork and communication. More artsy folk could help wi' costumes and sets or special effects. Oodles o' scope fer using magic in tha', make it educational. Arcane, divine, or primal could all find somethin' ter do....what's thou think?

9. - Top - End - #9

"Hm..." Strix says. "It sounds like it might not necessarily be up my alley-perhaps something more theatrical, than sporting. I've certainly no qualms with it, of course! But I'm more the kind of person who's in it for the thrill of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat, and a simple voting isn't really what the Stadium is about. I'm not sure who exactly to talk to about this-perhaps Linda? You'd do well to meet her anyway. She's a peach, though I believe she's also instructing others at the moment."

They shrug, and tell you "Work out some more details-if you think you need my help, I'll be happy to listen. And the Stadium is certainly available if you need a stage to perform on. We'll just need to arrange a time."

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #10

"Maybe I were tryin' to please too many folk at once. Ah'll have a chat ter Linda about this show fer certain though. No real need fer votin' in it but use of a stadium would be proper good like.

No reason we can't also do a competition an' all! Lot's of folk have done 'em in the past. We'd need some judges to score folk though. Dancers, 'owever many are performin' together, could go one by one an' highest score wins. Could have a knockout tournament o' sorts. Even a big dance off where dancers get eliminated every so often. They'd be allowed to use their magic to help themselves, maybe even t'put the others off if thou likes."

11. - Top - End - #11

Strix nods. "Understandable. Good luck with your passion, Luther," he says. "Need anything else?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Do you feel there's anything more to do in this scene, or you good ending it?

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #12

"That'll do nicely, ta very much!". Luther wanders back to join the others, following behind the runs servant a little less closely now.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    No, that's great cheers! From a character perspective Luther would be more interested in a dance show than a competition unless essentially challenged by snooty people. As a player I'm happy with either but favour the competition a little more for the action possibilities.