New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Sisters' Chronicles

"Well, I hope you're cool with everybody's fate being 'and then their souls were eaten by a fish lady,' cuz if you don't like us you'll hate Piscathing. Trust me, you'd rather have us here. Also, shouldn't you be after whatever jerk is leaking monsters through the Shadow Realm before us?"
    And she sprinted through, shield out in front of her, trying to get the turret inside her aura.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

"A rip left by Piscaethces will be easy to control- you homewever, are an unpredictable chaos" the voice continued- meanwhile Boots nimbly danced around the vortexing blades, getting shot with the web but without being held back- she made it to the other side, only minorly cut.
    The Shadowlands are part of this realm- T-" "Hey! Cool it with the information!"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    With that 16 and powering through the web you still get (2d10)[5] slashing damage.

The turret kept shooting at her- but she was already out of danger by then.

Robert and Ais looked at each other and took the chance as Boots blocked the turret to brave the traps as well.

Show
    I'm gonna assume Boots will point out the timing to go through to her party members.

Rob (1d20+10)[17] (1d20+10)[14]
    Ais (1d20+5)[17] (1d20+5)[13]

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

Robert and Ais got through with minor injuries as well.

Show
    (2d10)[2] damage

"These traps aren't what I expected from you"
    "Hey! You rushed me!"

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

Boots kept the turret in her aura as her friends crossed the threshold, whittling away at it and shooting bolts of ice to speed its departure.
    "You guys ready to keep going?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Robert and Ais nodded.

"These hurt much less then the soldiers before"
    You know... These guys don't speak like they're allies. And one of them seems to hate you specifically, Boots- I wonder if they banded together specifically for you Robert mused telepathically.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

I think so, Boots thought back. This is the guy who I guess is in charge of making sure no one from another realm shows up cuz destiny or whatever.
    She led the way forward.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

Instead of a room, traps or else, they found a split route- two doors, that lead to possibly different places.

"Take the left, please- I locked the right anyway. The left one is the shortest route to your companions and to us, so no point in going the other way" one of the two voices chimed in. It didn't seem to be lying.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-10-19 at 09:36 AM.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

Boots broke down the right door.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Athletics! (1d20+7)[12]!
    Show

9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh for the love of... Hey! Cease that!"

Breaking down the door was slow work, and before long they heard sounds of running as the left door opened, feys filtering in one by one.

Show
    Initiative!

Marauder feys (like the ones you met outside) (6d20)[16][8][10][8][10][4](56)+6 each
    Crossbow feys (4d20)[6][13][3][13](35)+4 each

You have the time to position since you hear them coming in- the door is only wide enough to let in one at a time.

Robert! (1d20+4)[10]
    Ais (1d20+2)[19]

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

Boots got right up against the door to bottleneck them with her lava fey helping her out.

Show
    INITIATIVE (1d20)[10]
    Show

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

The feys streamed in- the same twisted feys with dual blades they had already seen, lightning blades jutting out to reap into Boots as they burned- a crossbow fey ran through, opening them up to being skewered by her whip.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Boots stayed firmly planted on the ground, her whip orbiting her in a series of cuts around her, opening up two of the fey around her to the heat of the lava around them as their guts were burned.

"Wound them a bit more, let the lava fey finish them off!" Boots ordered, keeping her shield lifted.

Show
    (3d8)[14] SG damage for the round.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

Robert nodded and stabbed the one that looked the most fine, at about that time another one surrounded Boots- it was then that another crossbowfey tried sneaking by, opening them up for a whipping.

Show
    Attack of Opportunity on 5 people. Go.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

While only one marauder was left standing, the others dropping like flies in lava, the crossbow ones finally could get shots in.

Ais tried stopping them.

Show
    Ais Blast!

(1d20+8)[19] (1d10+5)[11]+(1d8)[8]
    (1d20+8)[13] (1d10+5)[13]

What survived:
    (1d20+6)[22] (1d10+4)[13]+(1d8)[3]
    (1d20+6)[9] (1d10+4)[11]+(1d8)[3]

(1d20+6)[16] (1d10+4)[12]+(1d8)[4]
    (1d20+6)[18] (1d10+4)[14]+(1d8)[5]

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

Boots was a blazing inferno of a flaming whip and an aura of lava women tunneling into the bodies of the fey around her. Two more fey fell under her hurricane of whips.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #916
    Titan in the Playground

"Almost dead! Resist!" Robert insisted going in for a stab- only three fey remaining, everything could happen.

What happened is that his blades went wide, allowing the two surviving feys -because one burned alive- a few last hits before burning themselves.

Show
    Robert missed, but Spirit Guardians will end this fight next round- there is only a couple attacks left.

I will only roll to hit- due to Boots' leftover hp and the remaining attacks' damage, if they hit they take her down.

(1d20+6)[12] dis. (1d20+6)[23]
    (1d20+6)[19] dis. (1d20+6)[16]

(1d20+8)[19]
    (1d20+8)[28]<-- not a crit, this guy was already dead.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-10-19 at 11:44 AM.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

A crossbow bolt very nearly skewered Boots' throat- but she managed to move aside at the last second, and Aizu finished the job by melting the two feys' heads on Boots' behalf.

"I am really glad we ran outside that one time" Robert noted, looking at the mass of slaugthered metallic feys.

They heard angry chattering- it seemed like the people that had been speaking to them until then were arguing, though they couldn't hear much.

It was at about that time that Alifa and her companions were trying to rest- nobody seemed to be coming for them, the voices having disappeared. It seemed like something had distracted them.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-10-19 at 11:43 AM.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

"I guess we may as well check out the left door now," Boot said.
    "Hey, you guys are really trading down here! You gave up, what? Twenty? Twenty-five soldiers to kill zero of us?" Her armor's branches sprouted flowers that blossomed into berries. She passed five to Robert and five to Ais. "If I go down, feed me one." She headed forward. No fear.

Alifa laid down as best she could. "So how did you all start on this job?" She asked.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

There was no reply- instead the angry voices kept going.

Robert held up a bag "I have a couple potions I can spare to heal you if you need them?"

Shortly after that they arrived in a spacious room- there were empty elevated platforms, and holes in the ceiling. Homewever it was otherwise empty.

There was an open door at the far end, welcoming them to move forward.

"The general area is under the rule of a lord who has some rumors around him" Siri said, sitting down next to Alifa "Including about people going to his mansion and never coming back. We chanced upon Ethis as she was investigating the same man- she was the one who asked us to come here"

"Didn't think it'd be this dangerous" Griselda whistled.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-10-19 at 12:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

Boots accepted two, then went forward.

Spoiler: Potion
    Show
    (4d4+4)[10], yes?

Alifa nodded. "This is more than we were expecting, too. I'm glad you all are here."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Yes.

As Boots and her group advanced, a loud explosion shook the factory- the shaking reached both sisters, sounding ahead (and above for Alifa). The voices' chattering had ended, turned instead into sounds of fighting- it wasn't clear who or what they were fighting against, but the explosion likely came from there.

It seemed close though.

"Robert and his group seem to be advancing still... Maybe we should move as well?" Griselda suggested.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-10-19 at 12:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

"Meeting up would be better," Alifa agreed. "And the maze masters seem too busy to handle puzzles... yes, this chance is too good." She got up. "Let's go."

"If we can get to them while they're still fighting whatever that is, it might be our best shot," Boots said. "Let's hurry."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

As the two groups advanced they met more feys- but they had been fighting and had been killed. Interestingly, the corpses seemed to have been facing inside. Those few still alive posed no threat.

Boots' group even passed a manticore- twisted like other monsters, something with claws had left nasty gashes on its corpse.

They soon joined back up- Alifa coming up from a staircase, Boots from a room. They were in a spacious corridor- at the end, a big reinforced door stood, the sounds of fighting dying out right past that door.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-10-19 at 01:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

"Lif!" Boots shouted, and hugged her lil' sis.
    "Boots, what's happened to you?"
    "Oh, so much. I might need to stay in back but let's hurry before whatever the fight is in there breaks up, this is our biggest advantage."
    Alifa nodded and resummoned Wuks to go first. "Let's do this, then."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

The door opened up- within, there was a big room with what looked like windows with weird black-and-white zigzagging lines of them. Under them, a counter with various buttons with runes on them- but that wasn't the most important part.

They noticed feys corpses on the ground, and pillars like those they found outside were jutting out of the floor towards the ceiling- there were freeze and burn marks around, and broken equipment. Whatever fight had went on had been flashy.

In the middle of the room stood a man clad in a red, covered in sooth armor with a black cape that billowed like shadows- in one hand he held a long-hafted weapon with what looked like burning lanterns hanging like a multi-headed flail, and in the other hand held another person's throat.

The man was an elderly... he seemed to be at least half-fey to be honest, with druidic runes all over him- but he wore a metallic armor and in one arm he held a long staff covered in runes- it pulsed with power, and had crudely nailed on plaques of metal with more druidic runes. Despite how thightly they were fastened, the metal seemed to be straining in order to cling to the staff.

Looking at them, the red clad man sighed.
    "You outlived your usefulness" and clenched his fist- sickening black current flew out and engulfed the druid's face, sinking behind his eyes and mouth as his head drooped sideways, dead. Letting go, the druid didn't fall- instead his corpse stood, a puppet to the other man's whims.

"So- the scions of entropy arrived" he addressed Boots and Alifa both. Turning, they noticed that he had four wings emblazoned on his chest, one of which turning to ash.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

"**** off with that," Boots said, charging.

Spoiler: INITIATIVE
    Show
    (1d20)[5] Boots INSPIRATION (1d20)[18]
    (1d20+2)[20] Alifa
    Show

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

"As expected, you only wish for destruction and chaos" The man sighed and pulled out... A javelin.

Boots' javelin.

"I'll be giving this back to you"

Show
    Cleric of Abadaius (1d20+1)[21]

Merry-go-round initiatives (4d20)[2][18][17][3](40)+2/+1/+4

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

"Abadaius... Give me strenght" and the cleric's weapon was enveloped in a dark, hateful energy- meanwhile the druid shambled forward. He didn't seem very dangerous, except for the staff he was carrying.

Show
    The cleric casted a spell on his weapon- meanwhile the zombie advanced at full speed.

They are now within 70 and 40 feet, respectively.

You.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-10-19 at 03:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground

Boots ran up, whip cracking. As she ran past the zombie her body broke apart into snowflakes. The snowflakes reformed into a blizzard with lava blazing through the chill, her whip following a perfect arc to his throat and following it up with a CRACK into his side.
    "You want people to suffer because of destiny... and you call me the violent one for stopping it."

Spoiler: ATTACKS
    Show

(1d20+8)[28]; (1d6+5)[6]
    (1d20+8)[26]; (1d6+5)[10]
    Quickened Booming Blade
    (1d20+8)[25]; (1d6+5)[10]

Any that hit I will use a second level smite on so (9d8)[7][8][5][1][3][5][8][4][3](44)

S Guardians (3d8)[14]
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-10-19 at 03:55 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

Alifa rocketed two watery rifts in reality into the zombie.
    "Siri, can you finish off the zombie so we can all focus on the cleric next?" And Alifa moved to the side to scatter in case the cleric did some sort of... flame strike.
    Show