New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Spooktober 2021!

[Pontius, Codebreaker and Tuskfang]

Tuskfang seems confused when Codebreaker shakes his hand. It's clear he didn't expect it to happen. Is it some kind of other Wolfen custom, that his dad didn't teach him?

"No, I'm here with my cousins and aunt and uncle." He points to the swarm of goblins (and one gnome) milling about the place and two adult goblins keeping an eye on them. "My name is Tuskfang. I'm too little to earn a new one yet," he supplies helpfully, fully expecting Codebreaker to understand.

[Thariza and Felandria]

Thariza, a Charr dressed up like some sort of purple crystal monster, spots Reginald at the snack table before she spots Felandria. Or rather, the little weasel draws her attention more than the very large person.

"Hey there, little guy."

[Wenomir]

The commander of Vigil is milling around, Cassandra currently occupied elsewhere. He's wearing a surprisingly fancy costume, complete with a large fake sword.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Braon and Mina

Mina winces at being proven right like that.
    ”Yeah, so far butter seeeems to be fine for me? I really wish I’d gotten instincts and facts with this body but I didn’t so I’m winging it.” she says, shrugging her big shoulders as she goes for some ghost shaped cookies.
    [Braon and Mina]

Braon frowns. "...Why wouldn't butter be fine for you?" She asks. "I mean, aside from the inherent weirdness of... you know." She makes a vague sort of gesture at Mina's chest, tacitly reminding her where butter comes from and that she now bears a striking resemblance to its originators. "...Wait, hold on. 'With this body'? You weren't born like this?"

[Miranda]

Miranda arrives at the party, giving a brief nod to the usher (or equivalent) as she enters. At first glance, she'll appear to have merely dressed nicely, as opposed to being in costume; her outfit consists of a one-piece, loose-fitting suit and polished black boots. The suit itself is also mostly black, aside from the chest, back, and top of the arms, which are bright red and collectively make up a vaguely polygonal pattern. The only giveaways as to the nature of her costume is a little A-shaped badge on the left side of her chest, a quartet of gold pips on her collar, and a pair of boxy implements mounted on her hip (not to be confused with the Hotbox she already carried).

By the standards around here, the origins of the costume might make her look like a bit of a nerd. But to her, this was criminally obscure, and she'll be glad to be recognized all the same.

She briefly considers going up to Wenomir to strike up a conversation, but decides against it for the moment. After their last encounter at Vigil, she wasn't sure they were on proper speaking terms.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-10-13 at 05:28 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Braon and Mina

Mina has not forgotten about her chest. It's one of several things she hasn't quite gotten used to.
    It's a concern for all the same reasons humans make dairy products from livestock and not each other." Though wet nurses used to be a thing.
    "And I'm not technically a cow, I just have a lot of similarities. Processing other species' dairy is a whole weird gene thing I don't have all the details of.
    And no, I look like this because of a bureaucratic decision that my grand destiny required me having horns. And being the Ultimate Bovine of Ultimate Destiny didn't come with a manual on my digestive track. Or my ankles. At least I skipped to the end of puberty."
    No one would have wanted to be around for that.

Codebreaker and Tuskfang

"My name's Codebreaker. I'm sure you'll get yourself a very good one some day." He was fairly sure that wolfen names were dictated somehow. He wasn't sure if it was post-event or destiny or something. Sounds like the former, which makes sense. Original CB must have named himself after becoming a priest. Or maybe this was always his skillset.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #64

[Braon and Mina]

Braon cringes sympathetically. "I feel that." She says, one of her hands going up to her own horns. "...Sort of. Not quite the same, but... yeah actually not the same at all aside from the horns. And, well, how people percieve them." She shrugs. "Inside's a better place than most for that, I guess. Lots of tieflings and at least a few other minotaurs here."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Braon and Mina

Mina appreciates the attempt to be relatable at least.
    "Well if you ever want to see how quickly you can learn a new skill that's now required to function at a basic level, try suddenly giving yourself hooves and a significantly different center of mass at the same time." she snorts, grumpily chomping down a cookie.
    Unfortunately, Mina did not inherit the role of a graceful, fluid martial artist. Any hint of subtlety has been drained from her being without even a hint of a mental effect on her.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Snack Table
    The display is smooth and warm to the touch, and seems to constantly vibrate very slightly.
    Jade thinks about the question. It's tricky to answer to someone with little science background. "There's a lot of tiny adjustable lenses on it that direct the photons into each other in such a way that they form a semi-solid object." Hopefully that doesn't require even more explanation.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #67

Braon and Mina

Mina appreciates the attempt to be relatable at least.
    "Well if you ever want to see how quickly you can learn a new skill that's now required to function at a basic level, try suddenly giving yourself hooves and a significantly different center of mass at the same time." she snorts, grumpily chomping down a cookie.
    Unfortunately, Mina did not inherit the role of a graceful, fluid martial artist. Any hint of subtlety has been drained from her being without even a hint of a mental effect on her.
    [Braon and Mina]

"No, thank you." Braon replies with a little smile. "I don't hate myself that much." She pauses, then, her face lights up slightly. "...Nor, for that matter, do I hate you that much. So, I have an idea." She rubs her hands together as she explains. "There's this thing we enchanters can do; it's colloquially been called the 'evil eye', but it's really a fairly basic hex. The most common use is hitting someone with a run of bad luck; or at least, that's how it's most commonly understood. It'd be more accurate to say 'hitting them with an imperceptible compulsion toward self-sabotage'. Anyway, in order to do it, we have to sort of work ourselves into this state of absolute loathing, which then gets grafted onto the victim. The thing is... I have proof positive that this trick works in reverse, too." She smiles. "If you ever meet a tiefling by the name of Fayaad, he can back me up on this. Just ask him how much that ring of his has helped him out. Anyway, what would happen is I would take a state of benevolence, wanting to help you out, and graft it onto you. The resulting enchantment would then sort of subtly affect the way you do things, so they go a little more how you intend instead of what physics demands." She smirks. "Care to give it a shot?"

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Snack Table
    The display is smooth and warm to the touch, and seems to constantly vibrate very slightly.
    Jade thinks about the question. It's tricky to answer to someone with little science background. "There's a lot of tiny adjustable lenses on it that direct the photons into each other in such a way that they form a semi-solid object." Hopefully that doesn't require even more explanation.
    [Snack Table]

Those wide eyes and enthusiastic smile should tell Jade two things about Siana.

First, she is hanging on to every word Jade says. Not only does this technology appeal to her, she clearly thinks more highly of Jade for learning she'd come up with it. It's one thing to have someone say she's a genius, it's another entirely to imagine her putting in all the hours of hard work and mental conundrums that must have gone into creating this miraculous (and frankly, cool-looking) technology.

Second, she does not understand a syllable of it.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

[Thariza and Felandria]

Thariza, a Charr dressed up like some sort of purple crystal monster, spots Reginald at the snack table before she spots Felandria. Or rather, the little weasel draws her attention more than the very large person.

"Hey there, little guy."
    Reginald is nibbling on a tortilla chip when he noticed that he is receiving attention.

He waddles over to Thariza and sniffs around happily, investigating.

He makes an adorable little honk as best he can.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Braon and Mina

Mina seems kind of uncertain.
    "I dunno. Last time I accepted magic from someone I met ten minutes earlier I ended up gaining four hundred pounds. It's not as permanent as 'grafting' makes it sound, is it?" she asks hesitantly.

10. - Top - End - #70

[Braon and Mina]

"Eeeeh..." Braon weighs her hands in a "more or less" sort of gesture. "No but also sort of yes. Your consciousness will absorb the graft over the course of about a week, so after that, the magic will stop affecting you. But in that time, you'll be getting little adjustments to your movements that your subconscious will pick up on and store, so when the magic does wear off, you'll be doing the right gestures on your own. Think of it as like a set of training wheels that fall off when you don't need them anymore."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Braon and Mina

Mina still seems unsure.
    "Well. If you're sure it's safe? You don't really have any reason to spend magic on me, though." Does this cost her anything? Is she really just giving this helpful magic to Mina for free?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Snack Table
    Jade can tell when she's lost someone. "Sorry. Long story short, it's not magic. I'm no good at magic." Actually, she's fairly good at magic, but hates it. Magic is inexplicable, and therefore causes her a headache. But she just had to be turned into a magical fox.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

[Codebreaker and Tuskfang]

"Codebreaker! That's a cool name. What did you do to earn it?" Tuskfang asks, wide-eyed.

[Thariza and Felandria]

Thariza reaches out to rub Reginald's head with her claw gently. This little critter has a costume, which means it's here with someone. The Charr takes a look around, wondering who it is.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #74

Braon and Mina

Mina still seems unsure.
    "Well. If you're sure it's safe? You don't really have any reason to spend magic on me, though." Does this cost her anything? Is she really just giving this helpful magic to Mina for free?
    [Braon and Mina]

Sure she did. Braon hadn't told Mina this, but she was still hurting for friends. Having someone who was indebted to her, even only a little, was as close as she had so far managed. "It should be. I like you, Mina. I'd be happy to he-"

"Hello there." Braeg pops up behind Mina, giving her a little shoulder pat. "Good news. Your balance shouldn't be a problem anymore."

"...I hate you."

"I know."

Snack Table
    Jade can tell when she's lost someone. "Sorry. Long story short, it's not magic. I'm no good at magic." Actually, she's fairly good at magic, but hates it. Magic is inexplicable, and therefore causes her a headache. But she just had to be turned into a magical fox.
    [Snack Table]

"Nothing to be sorry about." Siana smiles. "I don't know very many people who are good at magic. I think there's my sister, Miss Ty-Ramera, and... and that's it, so far." She shrugs. "It's just not that common. So... the fact that you managed to make something like this without it, somehow..." She grins. "You must be proud."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-10-16 at 03:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Codebreaker and Tuskfang

CB sticks his hands in his pockets and tries to give some feigned modesty.
    "I broke an encryption that no living person should have been able to do, in a time no computer would have been able to do it. Details are...long and possibly classified but you get the idea, I'm sure." Yes, something like that. Maybe it contributed to how OCB got all his money.

Mina and Braon

Mina suddenly blinks as the guy who didn't introduce himself...reorients her natural balance? Tinkers with her self-perception? She's not really sure what exactly he did, other than that her ankles don't feel shaky anymore.
    "Um. Thanks?" she says, utterly confused.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Snack Table
    "I am proud, but I really only half made it. I couldn't have done anything without my brother. He couldn't come to the party." The second statement is true. The first is only partly true because of Nexus weirdness, but is the explanation Jade and Jason have decided to go with.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #77

Mina and Braon

Mina suddenly blinks as the guy who didn't introduce himself...reorients her natural balance? Tinkers with her self-perception? She's not really sure what exactly he did, other than that her ankles don't feel shaky anymore.
    "Um. Thanks?" she says, utterly confused.
    [Mina, Braon and Braeg]

"Don't mention it." Braeg grins. "Just being a good neighbor, you know."

"...Excuse me, Mina. I have to go commit avunculicide."

Braeg takes off, running through the party with a laugh, while his furious niece chases him. Anyone who knows the man can tell this is just for his own entertainment; she's been trying to kill him, indirectly, for over a decade now and hasn't yet succeeded. Tonight wasn't going to go any better.

Snack Table
    "I am proud, but I really only half made it. I couldn't have done anything without my brother. He couldn't come to the party." The second statement is true. The first is only partly true because of Nexus weirdness, but is the explanation Jade and Jason have decided to go with.
    [Snack Table]

"Who cares if you had help? You still did it." Siana smiles. "It just means more accolades for more people. Your brother should be proud, too." She leans forward on her bident, correcting her balance again. "It's just too bad he isn't here. I would have liked to meet the both of you."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

18. - Top - End - #78

Knights of the Arkh

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Arrivals - Knights of the Ark

"Eh, if you've seen one spooky magical castle you've seen them all," a familiar voice hidden deep within a strange helmet answers dismissively. We might not be able to see his face in there, or really anything at all but the faint glow of his left eye, but even so, his bruised ego couldn't be more transparent. The very idea of somebody equaling his showmanship, how dare she! Heresy, blasphemy, madness! Maybe he'll call dibs on Spooktober next year, just to prove her wrong!

A hand reaches out for the catgirl's own, as a cyborg dressed as a certain faceless mobile game protagonist steps forward, and the hooded helmet turns to survey the landscape around them. Okay fine, the animated orchestra is a nice touch. The headless suits of armor, too. Floating candles and jack o'lanterns are fine as well, I guess. Okay, maybe it'd take a little bit more effort than we expected to match this level of spectacle. There's plenty of people who've never hosted even one Spooktober though, so it wouldn't be that fair to snatch it away from them. Bette to not call dibs after all, especially for such a petty reason. We could obviously do better, it'd just be a chore to go out of our way to prove it. Yeah, that's why we're not doing it, out of magnanimity and laziness, not because this spooky castle is actually good.

"Still not sure how to feel about this costume idea, by the way. On the one hand, from afar, nobody will be able to tell it's me, but on the other hand, nobody will be able to tell it's me," he remarks. It should be so much easier to avoid weirdos like Ithuriel and the other MagClones, sure, but how are the commonfolk supposed to look at him and immediately feel an overwhelming sense of inferiority and humility like they usually do? Then again, how many other spooky hooded people always seen in the company of catgirls are there in the Nexus? Even the dumbest plebeians should know enough about the world's greatest supervillain to have a good guess at to who's hidden within that helm.

"Y'know, it's kind of adorable how much you love notoriety," Caelynn teases with a smile. "Still, it can be pretty fun to go incognito every once in a while, right? Think of it as a fun little con, pulling the wool over everyone else. So! Anything catch your fancy to do here? People to chat with, activities to do?"

Wenomir - Starward Swords

Spoiler
    Show
    [Wenomir]

The commander of Vigil is milling around, Cassandra currently occupied elsewhere. He's wearing a surprisingly fancy costume, complete with a large fake sword.

Hopefully Wenomir isn't too off his game or holding an especially full drink, as he might find himself bumped into from behind as a woman backs up and bumps into him. Should he turn around, he'll find a rather familiar blonde catgirl whose attire is just as surprisingly fancy considering the woman wearing it.

"Oh, sir! Um, hi?" Blanche first stiffens as if at attention before looking rather awkward and relaxing, brushing back a lock of her hair in a bit of a subconscious fidget. Wenomir will note that she's gone through the trouble of dyeing her hair and ears light purple to match the character.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Snack Table
    Jade laughs. "Maybe he will. I can't say." Her tails are waving in amusement at Siana's interest. She snatches up another cupcake from the table and takes a bite. "They say we're inseparable, but we're not that inseparable."

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

It's pretty clear Tuskfang doesn't understand a word of it, but it sounds very impressive.

"Wow. That's cool. My dad's a shaman. He works with spirits, not computers. Does your tribe have computers, not just spirits?"

[Wenomir - Starward Swords]

"Oh, hello Blanche." Wenomir looks slightly surprised to run into her here, though he probably shouldn't be. "No 'sir' today, though, please. Spooktober is one of the occasions where I get to stop being the commander of Vigil."

21. - Top - End - #81

Starward Swords

"Er, of course, sorry-." She seems to almost say it out of habit before managing to catch herself. "It's, uh, never been easy for me to slip out of being on the job, honestly." A beat. "Well, er, I was just about to grab a drink. Wanna come with?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

22. - Top - End - #82

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post

[Miranda]

Miranda arrives at the party, giving a brief nod to the usher (or equivalent) as she enters. At first glance, she'll appear to have merely dressed nicely, as opposed to being in costume; her outfit consists of a one-piece, loose-fitting suit and polished black boots. The suit itself is also mostly black, aside from the chest, back, and top of the arms, which are bright red and collectively make up a vaguely polygonal pattern. The only giveaways as to the nature of her costume is a little A-shaped badge on the left side of her chest, a quartet of gold pips on her collar, and a pair of boxy implements mounted on her hip (not to be confused with the Hotbox she already carried).

By the standards around here, the origins of the costume might make her look like a bit of a nerd. But to her, this was criminally obscure, and she'll be glad to be recognized all the same.

She briefly considers going up to Wenomir to strike up a conversation, but decides against it for the moment. After their last encounter at Vigil, she wasn't sure they were on proper speaking terms.

[Squeak Miranda]

When Miranda is deciding against going to Wenomir she will hear "Squak" from below. A grey creature which might be a stuff animal with papercraft wot look like a mice looks up at her.

"Don't worry Squak Red shirt. Normally none dies squeak on these events. Squeak"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

[Thariza and Felandria]

Thariza reaches out to rub Reginald's head with her claw gently. This little critter has a costume, which means it's here with someone. The Charr takes a look around, wondering who it is.
    Reginald makes happy Reginald noises upon receiving scritchies.

Felandria has found some cheese cubes and salami slices for Reginald and brings them to him and finds him receiving some love.

Got you some snackos, buddy.

Who’s your new friend?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

Coming in a bit late, a very unlikely pair of characters arrive.

First, a woman: half skeletal (on the left), half young and beautiful (on thr right), dressed in an elegant Kimono... the kami of life and death doesn't really need a costume.

At Izanami's side, though, is a very out of place looking man: devistatingly handsome, tall, muscular, perfect raven-dark hair and jet black eyes with a cruel twist to his lips. He is dressed in a perfectly fitted medium gray business suit of finest silk, with black patent leather shoes. A set of designer sunglasses hang from his coat's breast pocket and glimpses of a watch peek out from his sleeve.

The Lord of frozen Cania in his guise as the terrible Agent Zero surveys the guests with a smirk, but business is on hold for tonight and Mephistopheles has come to relax.

Shall we see what refreshments they have, my lady?

Izanami nods

Certainly.

And so that way they go.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2021-10-19 at 01:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Braon and Mina/Snack Table

Mina is very confused as the two fiendlings go running off. Left alone to her own devices, the pale minotaur in the brown coat will be found casually munching on festive cookies if Izanami and her guest come that way looking for refreshments.

Codebreaker and Tuskfang

"My tribe has spirits, sure. But I've lived alone for a very long time. I think I was your age when I saw them last." Codebreaker explains. He consider that probably accurate. Considering original Codebreaker was dead for a year and no family stepped up to inherit his estate it's likely they had no connection to him. Or that he was disowned. Either may have been possible.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Tuskfang gasps.

"You've lived all this time without your family? That's so sad! What happened to them?"

The little boy is credulous like most kids his age, so he doesn't suspect anything. But he also doesn't quite grasp why this is an indelicate question.

[Thariza and Felandria]

"I'm Thariza," the Charr says. "And I assume this little critter here is your pet." She gives Felandria a closer look. She's a big one, alright. "Are you a Norn, by any chance?"

[Starward Swords]

"Gladly. And I know how that goes. At least I'm used to it by now. I was never a soldier before winding up in charge of Vigil, by process of elimination."

Wenomir will follow Blanche to the drink table. Not that he plans to drink anything alcoholic. Or strongly alcoholic, at least.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

[Snack Table]

The Goddess and Devil Lord do indeed come up to the table

Hm... quite an assortment. Does anything strike your fancy? I'd imagine nothing here will be quite as sugary as those odd little creatures you live among prefer to make, but sure something can tempt you.

Izanami laughs

Trust me, even I get quite tied of endless amounts of sweets.

Then she smiles to Mina

Hello there, I don't believe we have met before. I am Izanami, and my companion here is Mephistopheles

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Snack Table

Mina seems a bit surprised as she turns to see people addressing her. She does her best to quickly swallow the food in her mouth. She bows, putting a hand to keep her hat on as she does so. She's remove it but it's actually very hard to put on and remove with her horns.
    Given the context she's not entirely sure if she's being given names or costume names but she sure as heck isn't going to be taking any risks on the matter.
    "My name is Mina. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." she says, her tone and accent belying her appearance.
    Sai sure would be freaking out right now.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2021-10-19 at 03:06 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Snack Table
    Jade laughs. "Maybe he will. I can't say." Her tails are waving in amusement at Siana's interest. She snatches up another cupcake from the table and takes a bite. "They say we're inseparable, but we're not that inseparable."
    [Snack Table]

Siana smiles. "That'll be good." She looks over at the cupcakes and mentally debates the merits of grabbing one. They're bad for her; much more so than they would be anyone else. They gave "empty calories" a new meaning.

But they did look tasty.

Siana bites into a cupcake, forgetting about the wrapping and casually munching that up, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Squeak Miranda]

When Miranda is deciding against going to Wenomir she will hear "Squak" from below. A grey creature which might be a stuff animal with papercraft wot look like a mice looks up at her.

"Don't worry Squak Red shirt. Normally none dies squeak on these events. Squeak"
    [Squeek Miranda]

It takes Miranda a moment to realize someone's talking to her. She glances around at eye level for the speaker, and when that fails, thinks to look down. Maybe she's being addressed by one of those halflings she's heard so much about. Or a talking animal of some kind?

...Oh.

That is a tiny person.

"Well, I would hope not." She smiles. "Putting aside how bad that would be in general, you'd hate to lose the captain." She makes a gesture toward the pips on her collar, before grinning and extending a pinky to shake. "Miranda Cortez. What's your name?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

Izanami politely bows in return

Mephisto turns on his charm, sweeping down to kiss Mina's hand

The pleasure is all mine! And how has the party been so far this year?