New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Spooktober 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Squeek Miranda]

It takes Miranda a moment to realize someone's talking to her. She glances around at eye level for the speaker, and when that fails, thinks to look down. Maybe she's being addressed by one of those halflings she's heard so much about. Or a talking animal of some kind?

...Oh.

That is a tiny person.

"Well, I would hope not." She smiles. "Putting aside how bad that would be in general, you'd hate to lose the captain." She makes a gesture toward the pips on her collar, before grinning and extending a pinky to shake. "Miranda Cortez. What's your name?"
    [Squeek Miranda]

He is only 2 inch in heigth, maybe 3 due to the costume. So tiny might be accurate. The little creature holds a paw at her to shake her pinky, though she needs to go way down so they reach each other.

"Hard to Squeak see Captain Cortez." he replies. "Squeak Please to meet Squek you. I'm Mr Squeak C or Mouster C for today Squeak."
    "Are you on shore Squeak leave or do you Squeak investigae for the starfleet? Squeak"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #92

[Squeek Miranda]

Miranda grins. "Shore leave, of course." She says. "My crew could use the time to relax before we resume our course back to the Alpha quadrant." She places her hand, palm-up, on the ground. "Would you like a lift, Mouster C? I worry someone's going to step on you."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Snack Table

Mina's hand is large, warm, and fuzzy, as you'd expect from a minotaur.
    "Ah, it's been going alright. I've had to make sure I found something safe for me to eat. But it isn't that bad. And I had a very long conversation on the subject of intelligent items..." she says conversationally. She doesn't want to give away too much to people who may or may not be demons but he is being nice.

Codebreaker and Tuskfang

"Don't worry, kid. Nothin' happened. We just live apart, that's all." CB tries to explain reassuringly. He can't actually promise that given his lack of information but there's no sense in being dramatic about it.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2021-10-20 at 09:29 AM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #94

[Squeek Miranda]

Mouster C walks his way up on the hand. Allways followed by regular "Squeak".

"Ah I Squeak see. I could give you a Squeak map, but you seem to Squeak know your way Squeak.
    And don't worry Squeak about me. In public Squak places there are around four to five Squak who step on me per hour.
    My real appereance is Squak more scary to the people Squeak."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Snack Table

"You're not supposed to eat the wrapper," Jade whispers. "Not that you can't. It just looks weird. Like you're not quite human." Which Siana isn't, and Jade has already figured it out. But she can give a tip ok how to blend in.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Squeek Miranda]

Mouster C walks his way up on the hand. Allways followed by regular "Squeak".

"Ah I Squeak see. I could give you a Squeak map, but you seem to Squeak know your way Squeak.
    And don't worry Squeak about me. In public Squak places there are around four to five Squak who step on me per hour.
    My real appereance is Squak more scary to the people Squeak."
    [Squeek Miranda]

Implying he can regenerate or is immortal or something. Probably the latter, if he has a "true form" that most people would find terrifying.

Miranda smiles and gives a little shrug before depositing him on her shoulder. "Still. It's got to sting." She says with a little smirk. "So, what do you normally do for fun at gatherings like this, my dear little friend? Snack table? Apple bobbing? Costume contest?"

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Snack Table

"You're not supposed to eat the wrapper," Jade whispers. "Not that you can't. It just looks weird. Like you're not quite human." Which Siana isn't, and Jade has already figured it out. But she can give a tip ok how to blend in.
    [Snack Table]

"...Ah." Siana sets the cupcake down, taking a second to straighten out the collar of her dress. "Right. Sorry."

She didn't really like being reminded she wasn't human anymore. Not that she and Jade were thinking along the same terms. As far as she's concerned, a strigoi like herself is just a person with a medical condition. She wouldn't stop being human if she needed insulin injections or glasses. But her new fiendishness was another matter altogether. Completely different in terms of moral implications, or so she would think.

She absentmindedly strokes one of her horns as she tries again, carefully peeling away the wrapper before taking another bite.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-10-21 at 08:00 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Snack Table]

Well, yes... of course he's being nice: that's his whole M.O.

Mephistopheles nods

So very good to hear that the festivities are going smoothly.

Izanami nudges him

No contracts at the party, you promised.

He chuckles and shakes his head with an exaggerated sigh

Of course, my lady. A promise is a promise, and I am bound by law, after all. The soul of this lovely girl will remain her own.

Izanami smiles at Mina

I am curious: what dietary restrictions does one like you have? I have found such a variety here in the Nexus that it is never fair to guess.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2021-10-21 at 09:11 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Snack Table
    Jade doesn't see not being human as a problem. Well, maybe a minor annoyance. If she wants to hide her nature, she has to dress up and it's very uncomfortable. She definitely doesn't think of nonhumans, even vampires or *gasp* fiendlings, as not people. "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault." Jade's still talking about the cupcake, she has no idea about Siana's internal monologue.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #99

[Snack Table]

"It kind of is." Siana replies, still staring at the cupcake. "I should have known better. Plenty of people told me everything I needed to know to avoid that kind of mistake. If I'd listened a little better, I..." She sniffs, wiping her eyes on her sleeve.

Either she's really invested in proper dining etiquette or she's not talking about the cupcake.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Snack Table

Wow that would be the biggest yikes you could really get at a party.
    "I'm herbivorous." Mina says simply.
    "And most of what I can and can't eat has been trial and error, I admit. Most minotaurs are omnivores so it's hard to find information." she explains.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #101

[Squeek Miranda]

Implying he can regenerate or is immortal or something. Probably the latter, if he has a "true form" that most people would find terrifying.

Miranda smiles and gives a little shrug before depositing him on her shoulder. "Still. It's got to sting." She says with a little smirk. "So, what do you normally do for fun at gatherings like this, my dear little friend? Snack table? Apple bobbing? Costume contest?"
    [Squeek Miranda]

Neither of those, more like reistant to bludgoing damage.

"Oh Squeak yeah. Those High Squeak heels can be deadly Squeak if they step on me Squeak." he replies then turns to the snack table.
    "Normally the Squeak host makes the contest Squeak event. I'm Squeak a little to small Squeak for apple bobbing so I Squeak say we plunder the snack Squeak bar, ...Squeak for sience purpose.Squeak"

12. - Top - End - #102

[Squeek Miranda]

Miranda grins. "Snack table it is, then." She says, walking over to said table. Huh. It was getting a little crowded over here, wasn't it? It seemed like everyone who bothered to attend was here for the food. She had to wonder how long that was going to hold out... it's a table full of snacks, not a full dinner spread.

Once she's at the table, she sets Mr. C down on the tablecloth; with no danger of him being stepped on here, it'd probably be better to let him wander around on his own and gather what he wants, as opposed to hand-feed him crackers or cheese cubes or whatever.

"So... tell me a little more about yourself." Miranda begins, taking some celery from the thus-far-untouched vegetable platter. "What do you do when you aren't a mouse?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Snack Table
    "This isn't about the cupcake, is it." Not a question. Jade can tell. "It's okay. Whatever happened, you're stronger than you know. You'll get through it. Okay?" No specifics here. Jade doesn't want to press Siana for personal information she isn't ready to share. But she still manages to sound confident in Siana's capabilities. If she didn't let a bad leg stop her, this won't stop her either, Jade is sure.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #104

[Snack Table]

Siana sniffs and gives Jade a little smile, vaguely reassured by her words of encouragement. These two ladies barely knew each other, but something in the confidence with which Jade spoke made her feel a little better about her situation. Besides, the lady's a genius! She probably knows what she's talking about.

"T-thanks." Siana leans on her bident and wipes her eyes dry. "It's good to hear that, even without context, you know?"

And it's not like Jade's words are the only pick-me-up she had. Siana peels off the rest of the wrapper and pops what's left of the cupcake in her mouth, giving a sonething between a smile and a grimace.

"...These are really good."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-10-22 at 07:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Codebreaker and Tuskfang

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    "Don't worry, kid. Nothin' happened. We just live apart, that's all." CB tries to explain reassuringly. He can't actually promise that given his lack of information but there's no sense in being dramatic about it.
    "Aww. Well, I hope you can see them again soon." Tuskfang's tail wags. "I should find my friends. Have a happy Spooktober, mister Codebreaker."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #106

Starward Swords

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Starward Swords]

"Gladly. And I know how that goes. At least I'm used to it by now. I was never a soldier before winding up in charge of Vigil, by process of elimination."

Wenomir will follow Blanche to the drink table. Not that he plans to drink anything alcoholic. Or strongly alcoholic, at least.

The medic's eyebrows raise a little. "Really? I didn't know that." There's a lot that Blanche doesn't know about Wenomir as a person honestly, she realizes in the back of her head. Arriving at the table, she moves to a jug of mulled cider, looking over at the Commander as if asking whether he wants some as well. She'll pour herself a cup of it regardless of the answer, but will serve one for Wenomir first.

"It's er, been most of my life since I was a teen myself. Still feels a bit... odd, adjusting to VIGIL after all of it." A beat. "Sorry, I guess that's still talking work. We can talk about something else if you want." Areas that Blanche doesn't seem quite as sure of herself in, though certainly not enough to suggest she'd be uncomfortable accommodating Wenomir as such.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

[Starward Swords]

"It's not talking about work. It's talking about what happened before work." Wenomir seems faintly amused by pointing it out this way. "When I was younger and somewhat stupider, I was a bodyguard, duellist and gladiator at various times." He pauses. "I suppose it does lead to work talk pretty directly, though."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Snack Table
    "I know, right? I'm part canine, I'm not sure if I should even be eating chocolate." She tosses her wrapper in a nearby bin. "But that was worth it." She might get sick later, but she'll be fine.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #109

[Snack Table]

"Oh, I'm definitely not supposed to." Siana smirks and balls up her wrapper. "But it's worth it, isn't it? I-"

She goes pale as she catches sight of one of the other partygoers, suddenly stepping behind Jade to interpose her between herself and a certain overweight wolfen further down the table. "Crap! I forgot he might be attending... Quick, hide me!" She hisses urgently. This was almost as bad as if her uncle had been in attendance himself; he and Codebreaker were close, so if he saw her here, he'd probably go on to tell Kyrie, either leading him to her or giving away exactly why she hasn't been home in a week. Neither of which would be good.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

20. - Top - End - #110

[Squeek Miranda]

Miranda grins. "Snack table it is, then." She says, walking over to said table. Huh. It was getting a little crowded over here, wasn't it? It seemed like everyone who bothered to attend was here for the food. She had to wonder how long that was going to hold out... it's a table full of snacks, not a full dinner spread.

Once she's at the table, she sets Mr. C down on the tablecloth; with no danger of him being stepped on here, it'd probably be better to let him wander around on his own and gather what he wants, as opposed to hand-feed him crackers or cheese cubes or whatever.

"So... tell me a little more about yourself." Miranda begins, taking some celery from the thus-far-untouched vegetable platter. "What do you do when you aren't a mouse?"
    [Squeek Miranda]

He would squeak 'Told ya' as they notice the lots of people getting there. But he can't read thoughts or Non spoken texts. Thought wasn't Trogs in chargs of the food? I guess someone is and they refill it.

Setting him dow works, but wouldn't people get scared? Some see mice as pest and mice at food is allways a bad sign.

"Currently I Squeak go for research Squeak in HALO. Squeak Feary Stuff and Squeak such. Mostly Squeak to prepare since Squeak there happens to Squeak be a lot of fairy Squeak stuff happening. Guess that pays Squeak well for a librarian. Squeak.

What Squeak about you?"

21. - Top - End - #111

[Starward Swords]

"It's not talking about work. It's talking about what happened before work." Wenomir seems faintly amused by pointing it out this way. "When I was younger and somewhat stupider, I was a bodyguard, duellist and gladiator at various times." He pauses. "I suppose it does lead to work talk pretty directly, though."
    Starward Swords

"Heh, fair enough." Blanche takes a brief sip from her drink. "Not quite the same career arc for me, really. Soldier, then VIGIL - pretty straightforward, I guess." She looks over to him, glancing up at the sword on his back briefly. "Really? I didn't expect you to have bounced around so much. The way Anika describes you, I've always kinda pictured you as being very... hm, stable?" There's a beat as Blanche struggles to think of the right word, not looking quite sure that the one she arrives at does her thoughts justice.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Entrance]

A pregnant woman with pale skin and long red hair steps in and looks around. She is wearing a wide-brimmed pointed hat, elbow length gloves, a modest dress, and sensible shoes. All in black save for the part of her dress around her belly, which has been colored in reds and oranges that swirl and shift. Eight tiny spheres circle this sun at different distances and speeds. Not to scale, of course, for she wants to make sure the planets are big enough for their coloration and details to be appreciated while also keeping the orbits tight enough to avoid inconveniencing anyone else.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

23. - Top - End - #113

[Squeek Miranda]

He would squeak 'Told ya' as they notice the lots of people getting there. But he can't read thoughts or Non spoken texts. Thought wasn't Trogs in chargs of the food? I guess someone is and they refill it.

Setting him dow works, but wouldn't people get scared? Some see mice as pest and mice at food is allways a bad sign.

"Currently I Squeak go for research Squeak in HALO. Squeak Feary Stuff and Squeak such. Mostly Squeak to prepare since Squeak there happens to Squeak be a lot of fairy Squeak stuff happening. Guess that pays Squeak well for a librarian. Squeak.

What Squeak about you?"
    [Squeek Miranda]

Miranda waves away anyone who looks too much like they're going to try to swat at Mouseter C, not wanting to risk letting anything happen to her new little friend.

"Me? Ah. Well, I... work for GLoG." Miranda shrugs. "I'm a babysitter most days. I still do some collaboration with VIGIL and HALO sometimes. I have a friend in each, and another in MERC, so it's not difficult to arrange something, usually." She smiles. "So... fairy stuff? What kind of fairy stuff?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

[Starward Swords]

Wenomir smiles slightly.

"I was a different person when I was younger. A lot more hot-headed. Or bull-headed, you could say. My master certainly did. And this trait isn't entirely gone. My people have a... rich tradition of duelling and challenges. But I was an outsider to it. So I took on different jobs. Either way, I learned how to duel and guard, not fight in a formation. Even today I tend to lead from the front."

25. - Top - End - #115

[Squeek Miranda]

Miranda waves away anyone who looks too much like they're going to try to swat at Mouseter C, not wanting to risk letting anything happen to her new little friend.

"Me? Ah. Well, I... work for GLoG." Miranda shrugs. "I'm a babysitter most days. I still do some collaboration with VIGIL and HALO sometimes. I have a friend in each, and another in MERC, so it's not difficult to arrange something, usually." She smiles. "So... fairy stuff? What kind of fairy stuff?"
    [Squeek Miranda]

Mouster C starts to push a plate around, which is bigger then himself and likly much heavier. Still he seems to be fine. Chees will be on the main menu, but also some sweet. One of each kind.

"Glog? Oh Squeak yeah they changed Squeak to a daycare. Squeak Heared about that. Must Squeak be hard due Squeak to the Squeak babycalypse everyone seems Squeak to got a baby Squeak ." Mouser C says. "Seems like Squeak you split your Squeak crew well, Captain. I Squeak reseach recent events Squeak . Like the rat Squeak pluage and a fey that steals Squeak names and changes Squeak you into his kind. Squeak Faery Squeak magic Squeak stuff.
    I would say you Squeak missed AMEN if you Squeak want a friend Squeak in every Org, but Squeak they seem to stay Squeak at their place. Squeak Or do Squeak you plan to get Squeak foot in it?"

26. - Top - End - #116

[Starward Swords]

Wenomir smiles slightly.

"I was a different person when I was younger. A lot more hot-headed. Or bull-headed, you could say. My master certainly did. And this trait isn't entirely gone. My people have a... rich tradition of duelling and challenges. But I was an outsider to it. So I took on different jobs. Either way, I learned how to duel and guard, not fight in a formation. Even today I tend to lead from the front."
    Starward Swords

"Hm. I'm not sure how I'd sum up my people, honestly. Back home was kind of a vassal state sort of affair, and I think the culture of the Ascendancy ended up defining my life more than anything else." She shrugs. "Very... meritocratic? You earn your worth and strive to elevate higher. Not a lot of honor to it, but I guess there was something simple and clear-cut about it."

Blanche seems to kind of linger on whatever thoughts those musings dredge up, silent for a beat or two, before brightening up."Well - er, this is a party, and it looks like there's a few things to do around here - anything, uh, catch your eye?" All this work-related talk is starting to feel a little bit like the wrong way to go about things if she wants to get to know the Comman- er, Wenomir better. Only thinking of him in terms of career and command won't help break down the way he's existed as mostly more of an icon or presence in her life thus far - and truth be told, Blanche can't help but be a little bit curious of what it is about him that Anika finds so compelling.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #117

[Squeek Miranda]

Mouster C starts to push a plate around, which is bigger then himself and likly much heavier. Still he seems to be fine. Chees will be on the main menu, but also some sweet. One of each kind.

"Glog? Oh Squeak yeah they changed Squeak to a daycare. Squeak Heared about that. Must Squeak be hard due Squeak to the Squeak babycalypse everyone seems Squeak to got a baby Squeak ." Mouser C says. "Seems like Squeak you split your Squeak crew well, Captain. I Squeak reseach recent events Squeak . Like the rat Squeak pluage and a fey that steals Squeak names and changes Squeak you into his kind. Squeak Faery Squeak magic Squeak stuff.
    I would say you Squeak missed AMEN if you Squeak want a friend Squeak in every Org, but Squeak they seem to stay Squeak at their place. Squeak Or do Squeak you plan to get Squeak foot in it?"
    [Squeek Miranda]

"Well, I'd love to take credit for it, but that wasn't really my idea." Miranda says with a little shrug. "Two members of my team went off to do their own thing pretty early on, so we formally disbanded shortly afterwards. But, it turns out, most of them still like the idea of doing good in the world, and so joined up with other organizations that will help them do that. So now we've got five people in various orgs who are still somewhat-closely related and can work together when the need arises, which is useful. I wish I could say I planned that." She frowns. "What's AMEN, though? I've heard it mentioned in passing, but no concrete details..."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Snack Table
    "How? All I can do is stand in the way?" Jade whispers back. She does position herself between Siana and Codebreaker though. Her nine tails are pretty fluffy, they won't provide total cover, but they might just be adequate.
    "Who is he? A disgruntled client?"

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #119

[Snack Table]

"Worse. He's a family friend." Siana replies a little cryptically, keeping hidden behind Jade's tails. "...I haven't been home in a while. I can't go back yet. But if he sees me, they're going to find me and they're not going to like what they see." Stupid! She shouldn't have come to an event this public. It was a good way to get discovered.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Snack Table
    "This is about... That thing, isn't it?" The thing Jade didn't ask about. "Your folks are still going to love you no matter what. It's what they do. So what if you're a mercenary who eats chocolate when she's not supposed to? You've clearly done so much despite the challenges placed in front of you, and I'm sure they'll be proud." Jade's just generalizing here. She has no clue if what she's saying is correct or applicable. But she has to say something.

My Nexus characters