New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Spooktober 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Squeek Miranda]

"Now there are some names I've heard." Miranda says with a little nod. "Even met a few of them. Like that Magtok guy. He seems..." She pauses a moment, trying to find the right word. "...Less evil than you would expect from an honest-to-God supervillain."
    [Squeek Miranda]

Now he starts to nag on some cheese, like mice do nag nag nag nag. his voice on the other hand seems to remain normal. Maybe some kind of MAGIC?

"Yeah, I guess Squeak he is a special Squeak case. Classic Squeak villian abondands Squeak his way... mostly Squeak. It also includes Squeak a love story. Squeak He did carved Squeak a heart in the moon Squeak for his loved one Squeak. I didn't Squeak met him Squeak latly so I don't Squeak know how he acts Squeak these days. I Squeak just heard he Squeak had a Prime Squeak Clone causing a Squeak mess in Squeak Trogs. I think Squeak VIGIL deals with it."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Yes, I suppose it did take forever. Turns out doing magic is somewhat more difficult than reading about it. I wanted to give each sphere it's own gravity so they could collect dust and other particles from the air and form cute little rings, but... that's rather beyond my abilities, haha!" The solar-dressed witch's blue eyes travel up and down the other woman's outfit, head tilting to the side curiously. "I'm afraid I don't recognize your costume, sorry. But you look good."
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Izanagi nods

I can see that being quite challenging - so very many common foods are a mixture.

The arch-devil looks quite bored by the thought of a vegan diet, and peers around to see who else of interest might be present.
    Snack Table

"It's been a challenge, alright. I'm going to go look for more things I can eat." Mina's Inside scene is at dangerous risk at causing a CONTINUITY SNAP and she must make an exit before something like that happens!
    But to her it's mostly because Izanami is extremely scary.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Thariza and Felandria]

"I'm Thariza," the Charr says. "And I assume this little critter here is your pet." She gives Felandria a closer look. She's a big one, alright. "Are you a Norn, by any chance?"
    Felandria shakes her head.

Nah, more of a half-elf, half demigoddess.

I’m Felandria and this is Reginald.

Reginald makes a honk type noise.

You’re with HALO, aren’t you?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

[Thariza and Felandria]

Thariza shifts from one leg to another awkwardly. Well, this was bound to happen eventually.

"I was, but I quit. It's a bit of a long story. Not that I didn't like it there, but... I had to do something else with my life. I don't think we ever met there. Or at least I don't remember."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #156

[Entrance]

"Doing magic does seem rather hard," the woman comments. "Never really done it myself, actually."
    She glances at one of the planets, trying to imagine how strong of gravity they would have if they did each have their own gravity.

"Um. It's okay, I don't really recognize it either." Feeling that the other woman is either lying or exaggerating by saying she 'looks good', she feels a little more self-conscious and faces her body away, a little. "Someone lent it to me and I felt too guilty to not use it. Hardest part was trying to get the make-up to look fine, to cover up a scar."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Side Room -> Sneaking Through
    Jade is also there, mostly making sure Siana doesn't bump into anyone. But will anyone take notice of the odd pair?
    [Sneaking Out]

Apparently not.

Once they're out of the party, Siana returns the hat to Jade, a relieved smile on her face. "Thanks again." She says, leaning on her bident. "...I kind of want to hug you again. Can I hug you again?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Squeek Miranda]

Now he starts to nag on some cheese, like mice do nag nag nag nag. his voice on the other hand seems to remain normal. Maybe some kind of MAGIC?

"Yeah, I guess Squeak he is a special Squeak case. Classic Squeak villian abondands Squeak his way... mostly Squeak. It also includes Squeak a love story. Squeak He did carved Squeak a heart in the moon Squeak for his loved one Squeak. I didn't Squeak met him Squeak latly so I don't Squeak know how he acts Squeak these days. I Squeak just heard he Squeak had a Prime Squeak Clone causing a Squeak mess in Squeak Trogs. I think Squeak VIGIL deals with it."
    [Squeek Miranda]

"Oh. Yeah, I got a front-row seat to that part." Miranda shrugs. "It was a whole thing, but it's looking up, I think. Now we're back to the task of tracking down Prime so he doesn't hurt anyone else." She gives Mister C a playful little smile and jokes, "You haven't seen him, have you?"
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

8. - Top - End - #158

Starward Swords

Spoiler
    Show
    [Starward Swords]

Wenomir chuckles.

"It seems both of us are people who have a hard time knowing what to do with ourselves when we're not working. Or talking about work." Wenomir takes a look around, then seems to notice something that suits him. "Looks like there's a game over there, where you throw bean bags into bigger or smaller carved pumpkins. Care to try?"

The observation earns Wenomir a bit of a self-conscious smile, though certainly not an embarrassed one. "Er, yeah, guilty as charged. And sure, why not? Maybe I can teach you a few things." The suggestion is clearly a bit of a jest - Blanche has no doubt that Wenomir is much more skilled at something like that than her. Regardless, she's happy to let him lead the way, quickly downing the rest of her drink behind his back in as subtle a move as she can make it.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Sneaking Out
    "Sure, I guess." And so they hug again. As it ends, Jade snatches the hat from Siana's head. "I'll take that back. Good luck out there. You're not a monster, no matter what anyone tells you."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #160

[Sneaking Out]

Siana gives Jade a little smile and turns to go. It's always a good feeling, making a new fr-

trip

...Oh. Right. Stairs.

That's all Siana has time for before again tumbling down, much further and faster this time.

clatter

clunk

ker-snap

crackle

tun-tun-tun-tun-thunk

"I'm okay!" Comes Siana's voice back up the stairs, undaunted. This happens all the time, she'll live. Shame about the dress though.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Entrance]

"Doing magic does seem rather hard," the woman comments. "Never really done it myself, actually."
    She glances at one of the planets, trying to imagine how strong of gravity they would have if they did each have their own gravity.

"Um. It's okay, I don't really recognize it either." Feeling that the other woman is either lying or exaggerating by saying she 'looks good', she feels a little more self-conscious and faces her body away, a little. "Someone lent it to me and I felt too guilty to not use it. Hardest part was trying to get the make-up to look fine, to cover up a scar."
    Absolutely nothing could possibly be go wrong by a self-taught wizard giving small objects their own gravity.

Mentioning a scar just makes the pregnant redhead stare at her even more, looking at her wrists and face to try and find it. She has a very intense focus. But she seems to catch herself after a moment and smiles apologetically. "Your make-up is lovely, dear. I am Tovia Solomon, at your service."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

[Starward Swords]

Wenomir arrives at the party game, takes a bean bag and starts weighing it in his hand.

"It's not a dagger, but I should be fine. Want to try first?" he asks Blanche.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Absolutely nothing could possibly be go wrong by a self-taught wizard giving small objects their own gravity.

Mentioning a scar just makes the pregnant redhead stare at her even more, looking at her wrists and face to try and find it. She has a very intense focus. But she seems to catch herself after a moment and smiles apologetically. "Your make-up is lovely, dear. I am Tovia Solomon, at your service."
    Worst-case scenario, the gravity will just be too weak and completely dominated by regular gravity.
    Or something like that.

The woman bites her lip as she tries not to laugh: the other woman is staring at everywhere the makeup isn't, which is probably a testament that she made it look natural enough.

"Seraphina," she replies, introducing herself.

She glances around the castle interior. "This place is pretty nicely set up. Is it usually like this at all these parties? You been to a lot of them? It's my first one."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #164

[Squeek Miranda]

"Oh. Yeah, I got a front-row seat to that part." Miranda shrugs. "It was a whole thing, but it's looking up, I think. Now we're back to the task of tracking down Prime so he doesn't hurt anyone else." She gives Mister C a playful little smile and jokes, "You haven't seen him, have you?"
    [Squeek Miranda]

"SaaaaaaaaaaaaaSqueakaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadly No." he says obviously not so sad about it at all. "Squeak Which makes me wonder. Squeak I am origianal the libraian of Squeak the 'Library of Alexandria'. A Demi plane library who Squeak contains a copy of every book ever writen. Squeak No exception. Squeak You might think a supervillian would try to find out plans for super Squeak weapons or maybe a weakness about their enemies for which you would Squeak really need the librarian to lead you to the right sources. Squeak"

15. - Top - End - #165

[Entrance]

"This is my second. No, third. Fourth...?" Tovia is pretty sure it's just her second Spooktober, but she has someone else's memories complicating the recall. She takes another look around the room at the decorations and mentally compares them to previous years'. "They all had a lot of effort put into them, but some had a more specific, mm, aesthetic? I try to avoid meeting the hosts, though. They're all such important, powerful people and..." She leaves the 'you know?' unvoiced, because of course Seraphina knows. Not wanting to be noticed by the movers and shakers in the Nexus is a perfectly normal desire. No paranoid fears here!

"Are you newly come to the Nexus, then, Seraphina?"

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Squeek Miranda]

"SaaaaaaaaaaaaaSqueakaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadly No." he says obviously not so sad about it at all. "Squeak Which makes me wonder. Squeak I am origianal the libraian of Squeak the 'Library of Alexandria'. A Demi plane library who Squeak contains a copy of every book ever writen. Squeak No exception. Squeak You might think a supervillian would try to find out plans for super Squeak weapons or maybe a weakness about their enemies for which you would Squeak really need the librarian to lead you to the right sources. Squeak"
    [Squeek Miranda]

Miranda blinks in surprise, trying to get at the implications of such a repository of information. "That's... wow, okay. How does that work, exactly?" She takes a moment to rephrase her question into something more specific. "The diary I keep is a book, yeah? So would there be a copy in the Library? And would it update each time I wrote in mine, or would it just show up when mine is 'finished' and I can't write in it anymore?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

17. - Top - End - #167

[Squeek Miranda]

Miranda blinks in surprise, trying to get at the implications of such a repository of information. "That's... wow, okay. How does that work, exactly?" She takes a moment to rephrase her question into something more specific. "The diary I keep is a book, yeah? So would there be a copy in the Library? And would it update each time I wrote in mine, or would it just show up when mine is 'finished' and I can't write in it anymore?"

Mouster C stops eating. This is one of the first time anyone asks an additional question. Much likly the first one who ever got so far to know more about him then he is a animated stuff animal. Thought she might not know that yet and assume otherwise.
    "From Squeak my research it's more Squeak like it updates. Since the Squeak libary is out of range from Squeak most planes I can't Squeak check that Squeak directly. I just saw Squeak that such books add Squeak text over time.It is a Squeak strange and powerfull Squeak magic. Which Squeak explains why it is Squeak located in it's own plane. Squeak But don't worry. The number of Squeak books in this building is huge Squeak and none can even read Squeak through a small percentage. Squeak On top such books as Squeak Diarys and most dangerouse books,Squeak like the necronomicon, can only be found bySqueak a librarian. Safty first. Squeak "

18. - Top - End - #168

[Squeek Miranda]

Miranda nods slowly, stroking her chin. That had potential. That had a lot of potential. Most scientists, madmen and villains kept at least one form of journal in her experience, and Prime was all three. If there was a copy of it in this Library, then with Mister C's help, she'd be able to spy on him without him ever having any way of knowing. She'd been in the game too long to not appreciate the value of that kind of tool.

On the other hand, there were probably rules against that sort of thing. Mister C did imply diaries are dangerous; presumably, he wasn't going to just show one to a random lady he met at a costume party, even if she happened to be nice to him.

Then again, there was always a happy medium between them. Prime had to have been recorded by other authors over the years, and at least a few would have gone on to publish their findings, if he didn't set himself to wiping them out. Just visiting the Library could probably provide more insight on the nature of his powers, what he's planning (based on what he's already done), and the like.

"I don't suppose I could talk you into a visit?" Miranda asks. "We're a little short on information. Your library seems to have a surplus. Maybe we can arrange something?"
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-11-03 at 09:11 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169

[Entrance]

"Ha. Makes sense," Seraphina says. "Ran into so many weird things, I can't even imagine how the 'important' people will be like."

She shrugs.

"Came here a..."
    Seraphina thinks.
    She taps her chin.
    "...a year and a half ago? Of course, ninety-nine percent of that time has been basically lost in the wilderness, so I'm not sure whether that really counts or not."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #170

[Squeek Miranda]

Miranda nods slowly, stroking her chin. That had potential. That had a lot of potential. Most scientists, madmen and villains kept at least one form of journal in her experience, and Prime was all three. If there was a copy of it in this Library, then with Mister C's help, she'd be able to spy on him without him ever having any way of knowing. She'd been in the game too long to not appreciate the value of that kind of tool.

On the other hand, there were probably rules against that sort of thing. Mister C did imply diaries are dangerous; presumably, he wasn't going to just show one to a random lady he met at a costume party, even if she happened to be nice to him.

Then again, there was always a happy medium between them. Prime had to have been recorded by other authors over the years, and at least a few would have gone on to publish their findings, if he didn't set himself to wiping them out. Just visiting the Library could probably provide more insight on the nature of his powers, what he's planning (based on what he's already done), and the like.

"I don't suppose I could talk you into a visit?" Miranda asks. "We're a little short on information. Your library seems to have a surplus. Maybe we can arrange something?"
    [Squeek Miranda]

"There are soem problems anyway." he says, missing all the Squeak because he is seriouse and I just can't add them in right now.
    "I can't get there by myself. I'm not able to perform such magic to create a path to it. On top I'm here for years and I don't know if they revoked my rights in there. Thats just the problems at hand. There might be more, but nothing to worry befor those are solved."

On top it might be worth asking Primes player if something like that is there befor we stand in front of a book.

"Squak"

21. - Top - End - #171

[Entrance]

The solar system doesn't know how Seraphina is so sure she's been in the Nexus this past year if she never saw any of the cities. Unless the wilderness changed? It must be frustrating to spend all night walking through a desert to avoid the heat, only for the land to change into a snow-covered mountain. Or for it to rain orange juice in checkerboard patterns. Or... well it must have been tough to survive that long.

"Oh, then you haven't been to a Thanksmas party either? Those are much more fun. Fewer interesting costumes, more happy children."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

[Thariza and Felandria]

Thariza shifts from one leg to another awkwardly. Well, this was bound to happen eventually.

"I was, but I quit. It's a bit of a long story. Not that I didn't like it there, but... I had to do something else with my life. I don't think we ever met there. Or at least I don't remember."
    Oh, we’ll, dear, there’s nothing wrong with chasing your passion or finding your purpose.

And if you ever need anything don’t hesitate to ask.

I certainly hope you didn’t leave because I’m not doing something I should be.

Reginald turns around and starts sniffing around Thariza

23. - Top - End - #173

[Entrance]

Seraphina shakes her head: "Nope, don't even know what it is, either,"

But, she adds, "I take it you've been to a lot of them, though, right?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

[Thariza and Felandria]

"I'm pretty sure I quit before you came to be in charge, actually," Thariza says, then scratches Reginald's head with her claw again. "I just... well, I joined HALO in the first place because I needed someone to give me orders again. After... I left home. And talking to that cat, Reinholdt, made me realize it. So I decided to try doing something else. I met this scholar, Ambrosia. We've been working together since. Sort of."

25. - Top - End - #175

[Starward Swords]

Wenomir arrives at the party game, takes a bean bag and starts weighing it in his hand.

"It's not a dagger, but I should be fine. Want to try first?" he asks Blanche.
    "Sure, I'll give it a go." Blanche reaches down to grab a bean bag before stepping past Wenomir. She throws it lightly up in the air and catches it as if testing its weight before stepping back and sizing up the first target. Stepping forward and pulling back, she throws the bean bag and lands it into the first pumpkin in a perfect arc.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

[Thariza and Felandria]

"I'm pretty sure I quit before you came to be in charge, actually," Thariza says, then scratches Reginald's head with her claw again. "I just... well, I joined HALO in the first place because I needed someone to give me orders again. After... I left home. And talking to that cat, Reinholdt, made me realize it. So I decided to try doing something else. I met this scholar, Ambrosia. We've been working together since. Sort of."
    Well, as long as you’ve found something you love that makes you happy, that’s all that matters.

Anything you need, you just let me know, I’ll be happy to help.

Reginald makes happy Reginald noises from the scritchies.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

[Starward Swords]

"Very good." Wenomir sounds impressed. He takes a bean bag, weighs it in his hand and suddenly snaps forward, sending it into a pumpkin as well. It flies in a straighter arc than Blanche's did, but is just as accurate. "Our method seems different. I normally throw knives."

[Thariza and Felandria]

Thariza shrugs.

"As long as I'm trying something different. I should get somewhere I like eventually. Are you in charge of HALO now? I heard there was a shake-up there."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

[Starward Swords]

"Very good." Wenomir sounds impressed. He takes a bean bag, weighs it in his hand and suddenly snaps forward, sending it into a pumpkin as well. It flies in a straighter arc than Blanche's did, but is just as accurate. "Our method seems different. I normally throw knives."

[Thariza and Felandria]

Thariza shrugs.

"As long as I'm trying something different. I should get somewhere I like eventually. Are you in charge of HALO now? I heard there was a shake-up there."
    Felandria nods.

Yes, indeed, it’s myself and Reinholdt.

He’s been a big help, and I’m just focused on making HALO as good as it can be.

I just want to help as many people as I can, ya know?

Reginald scurries up onto Fel’s shoulder and nuzzles her face.

Plus we’re always recruiting, so if you know anyone else who would be valuable, send them over.