New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (OOC Thread)

Well I guess if Emilia goes barrelling off that way, we should all follow her to make sure she doesn't get killed.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

I'm in favor of going East. Going West may mean something comes from the East and attacks the druid while the West likely doesn't have anything that would come out.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Alllright, I think east it is. I'll make the arrangements tomorrow!

4. - Top - End - #814
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'm fine with following someone with initiative.
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2022-05-16 at 09:55 AM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Good news, Jakk’ari; I am dumb. The whole section about drowning and stalactite leaves is for the western journey, the conditions are different enough in the east tunnel you only need to make the climb, then the endurance-Athletics.

I copy-pasta’s the western challenge into the middle of the eastern description because I am a craven and wretched creature, wallowing in my petty failures. So you’re good!

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry you lost your post, btw!

I swear one time I was writing a long post too, and accidentally went pack a page as well. But then somehow the website here had a backup version if it? I'm not sure how to trigger that though...

7. - Top - End - #817

DruidGuy

I have had issues where I become logged out after writing a long post. Luckily for me I can just log in and click to back in my browser.
    Here is my athletics roll to walk behind Mor'Lag.
    (1d20+5)[19] Hopefully this will be good.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marion will either be taking help from Vargheist (he can carry her down) or accepting Isaera's feather fall because she thinks that floating down would be rather fun.

But if worse comes to worse, and she has to make an athletics roll: (1D20)[13]

With +2 from Aid Another via Vargheist, that just meets the minimum requirement.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-05-20 at 02:16 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

9. - Top - End - #819

DruidGuy

Does the vargheist float? Animations for void walkers have been limited so I don't know one would move.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I think they...glide? Lol I'm not 100% sure.

I'll post tonight.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I’m going to say they sort of drift; so the assist is valid. But if you want to ever use him as a parachute completely, that’ll cost you a VP one time then actually buying the power next! :)

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I kinda envision that if Marion accepted Isaera's feather fall and floated down...they're in a 'sewer' like system of running water underground...the dark wizard floating down while giggling to herself...

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I expect Joy will post soon, but because I slaved Mor'Lag's roll and post to wait on Joy's I'ma go ahead and roll her proactively now.

(1d10+4)[14] Athletics to climb.
    (1d10+4)[10] Athletics to follow Mor'Lag.

(1d10+4)[14] Toughness, in case she falls a bit!

RESULT: She slips a little at the foot of the climb, but grunts and is only a little bruised by the gravelly tumble at the bottom, for no damage. And with +5 bonus following Mor'Lag, she passes the river-walk! Unless Mor'Lag totally beefs and wipes her out.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-05-23 at 06:00 AM.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

With that, I think everyone has rolled except Mor'Lag, whom I asked to roll last. Feather, if you can give me some rollies for those tests, we can surge east!

EDIT: Although, since no one else has taken Isaera up on her offer, Mor and Lag can choose to accept that magical boon and featherfall down without rolling, if they want! You'll still need to make the important upstream-struggle roll, for you and those counting on you.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-05-25 at 05:42 AM.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Ooh! Featherfall! I'll take it!

For the swim!
    (1d20+10)[25]
    GNU Terry Pratchett

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Hi guys. Just checking in to say I owe you that post and some motion on the thread; I've just let myself get frazzled by life things and it's left me a little creatively drained. I'll try to post in the next couple of days!

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

All good, take your time! You've more than earned our trust.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, no problem! Should I bother retrying the athletics roll?

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Oh, no problem! Should I bother retrying the athletics roll?
    With the +5 from Mor’Lag? Sure! Please do!

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

I guess....

(1d20+3)[18]

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Hooray! Feather fall favor = repaid!

22. - Top - End - #832

DruidGuy

No problem. The adventure has had a lot of great moments at a consistent rate. Any idea when you are returning?

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Well, fortunately I'm not actually going anywhere; just preparing speeches and whatnot. But I'm able to procrastinate from that by posting here! Tada! I have posted. Now is the time for lizard plans.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Preparing speeches?

*Recent Aust election*

Is our GM a newly elected member of parliament?

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. I was under the impression that if you had a swim speed, you wouldn't be fatigued? Well, at least with only one failure.. (as a reminder, Isaera did drink her water breathing potion).

Well, I guess at least she didn't drown.

Edit: hey, so speaking of other options, where is the water coming from? The map is honestly kind of confusing me now, and I don't know where we are at or where we are going, but is not leaving the water and continuing to follow its flow an option?
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2022-05-30 at 12:16 PM.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Hm. I was under the impression that if you had a swim speed, you wouldn't be fatigued? Well, at least with only one failure.. (as a reminder, Isaera did drink her water breathing potion).

Well, I guess at least she didn't drown.

Edit: hey, so speaking of other options, where is the water coming from? The map is honestly kind of confusing me now, and I don't know where we are at or where we are going, but is not leaving the water and continuing to follow its flow an option?
    You are absolutely right. You may forget that fatigue level, and I have altered the descriptive post slightly to accommodate this truth. The water is 'piping' in through cavities in the stone which are themselves under tremendously high pressure; but pooling in a shallow, mini-lake that is relatively placid before they narrow and increase in pressure again in the confined space you have just emerged from!

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Preparing speeches?

*Recent Aust election*

Is our GM a newly elected member of parliament?
    If I were involved in politics, do you think I would allow my digital identity to ever be tied to my real one? How would I get re-elected if the papers could post "New MP ensnared in bizarre online fantasy cult; details inside"? ;)
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-05-30 at 03:57 PM.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

So in other words.. the only way forward is past the lightning lizard. Kay.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Alright, life is steadying up. I have a wedding I'm involved in in a couple of days, but after that stuff is calmer and I should be able to respond more frequently!

I am forced to admit that JoyWonderLove seems to have left the GitP boards; either for a little while, or for good. It'd be a shame for the latter, since I like Emilia and had plans for her as part of the group! But unless JWL pops back out of the woodwork, I'll have to NPC her for now.

So, the scene as it stands:

Jakk'ari is attempting to beseech the elements to chill the room, hoping the lizard grows more soporific. It's a neat plan and I like it; but he's correctly intuited the absense of active elemental spirits in the area makes it much harder to marshal elemental energies. I'll need an Expertise: Magic (Elemental) roll, DC 15 to make it work. With no points in the skill but with practical knowledge of the concept, Jakk'ari will have to test with just his +1 Int modifier to the D20. Good luck! After that, Plaids, please make an open Stealth Roll.

Mor'Lag is anticipating the breath weapon, and hoping to counter it with a spell. We'll say you're holding that counter ready for when it comes up, and we'll see how effective it is at the time. But for now, make an open Stealth Roll, Feather!

Marion is willing to stealth, and is mostly trying not to get caught waist deep in water when an electric lizard wakes up. She's asking Isaera if she can cast some kind of sound-muting spell; but unless Isaera forks out extra effort to manifest a new power to do something like that, it's going to be classic tippy-toe stealth time. Would you care to make an open Stealth Roll, BananaPhone?

Isaera is trying her luck at sneaking by the creature, seeing no time like the present, and no better alternative that subtlety. Unfortunately, her stealth roll wasn't very good; but the rest of the group might make up for it. The snoozing lizard will require a certain noise threshold to wake it!

Emilia, magicless, can do nothing but try to sneak out of the water after Isaera. In her chunky plate armor, she's at a -2 penalty, for a total roll of Stealth - (1d20-2)[-1].

Edit:... A natural 1 with a -2. Wow.

Wow.

PotsAndPans.wav
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-06-07 at 07:02 AM.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Mor'Lag try stealth! (1d20+1)[11]Stealth!?
    GNU Terry Pratchett

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

I would have thought the hardest part of Mor'Lag's job is actually coming up with the counter to that spell...