New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (OOC Thread)

I have had... a week. And now I get to rip out a couple hundred feet of fence with my bare hands if it stops raining. Yay!

Out of curiosity, do Mor or Lag have any idea what the warlocks(?) That ambushed the cadets might be if they aren't ogres?
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

It really does seem like they're Tauren at this point!

But where the heck did the last 2 cadets go!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Now I don't know what the attackers could be. Two horns but bigger than Mor'Lag makes it seem like they are not tauren due to size. Maybe the ogres were wearing horned helmets or the attackers were big horned demons as big as a large ogre.

Also I forget about Zachary. I think going to Stonemaul is better now.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

I thought taurens were pretty dang big, probably as tall or even taller than ogres, just not as bulky.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm making an Expertise: Magic roll for Marion, to see if she's heard of any demonology-associated tauren groups. (like the Grimtotem)

Expertise (Magic): (1D20+10)[30]

Whoa, a crit. That makes it worth waiting to hear the results before I post.

Maybe there's a reason Marion was remaining quiet this whole time .
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-11-21 at 08:09 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

With a whopper of a role, you’ve never heard of any Tauren allying with the legion or using warlock magics. There must be individuals, but even the belligerent clans like the Grimtotem do what they do out of a sense of loyalty to the spirits- those of the elemental kind. If Tauren are involved with warlock arts here, they’re a small cult; too small to have clout or widespread members.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Does the description match any known demon type Marion has heard of?
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Lots of options from demons, but none that fit to your satisfaction. Felguard have the size, but a distinctive single horned helm. Lesser Man’ari Eredar - Wrathguard as they are usually grouped - have the right physiognomy except a tail too large to escape notice beneath a robes. And both Nathzerim Dreadlords and greater Man’ari Eredar could for the bill, but they’re just not the kind of demons to be sneaking around in a swamp, jumping on groups of cadets. If you’re surrounded by demons of that calibre, the third invasion of Azeroth is underway - and that seems unlikely.

All in all, it strikes you as unlikely the cloaked figures are demonic in nature. But between the robes and the track-covering magic, they have a reason to disguise their presence.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Speaking of Ogres, I recently learned that my home town is getting its own faction in the upcoming Warhammer 3 video game.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Speaking of Ogres, I recently learned that my home town is getting its own faction in the upcoming Warhammer 3 video game.
    Ah! Des ogres dégoűtants ! *Disdains in Breton.*

As for our game, I know Feathersnow is getting beat up by RL right now; so we'll bumble onward with Mor'Lag on /follow.

No one run them off a cliff.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Here's a roll. Maybe I get to do both perception or expertise? Hmm.

(1d20+14)[18]

12. - Top - End - #282

DruidGuy

(1d20+7)[12]
    Rolling for perception to survey the marsh.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

If you have both skills, I’ll let you “assist” yourself in this case.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Think I could do an investigation roll on that barrel? I do have a theory. Maybe the barrel once held ale, but it made the ogres sick. And they weren't happy about it.

(1d20+14)[23]

Well in any case, there might be some markings on the remnants of the barrel, right?

15. - Top - End - #285

DruidGuy

I assumed the ogres just drank too much. But cursed or poisoned drinks do exist in the WOW lore. Hopefully the ogres aren't green and bloodthirsty now do to being cursed by demon blood beer.
    I'm going to assume knowing that in IC would be pretty common if your character talked to enough orcs and listened to their oral history.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Think I could do an investigation roll on that barrel? I do have a theory. Maybe the barrel once held ale, but it made the ogres sick. And they weren't happy about it.

[roll0]

Well in any case, there might be some markings on the remnants of the barrel, right?
    Indeedly do! I'll post the outcome of that investigation shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
    I assumed the ogres just drank too much. But cursed or poisoned drinks do exist in the WOW lore. Hopefully the ogres aren't green and bloodthirsty now do to being cursed by demon blood beer.
    I'm going to assume knowing that in IC would be pretty common if your character talked to enough orcs and listened to their oral history.
    Anyone remotely interested in the history of the Orcs (which is everyone of age, in a world defined by their invasion) has atleast some understanding that the orcs were in league with demons, or slaves to demons, or something like that; and characters with an adventurer's bent (all PCs) would know more. How much more is a bit of a spitball; but I think it's fair to say all our PC's know that the orcs were under a demon-blood pact which faded after the invasion ended, leading to the Lethargy.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'll post tomorrow. I've been a bit distracted recently.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Expertise (Magic) roll: (1D20+10)[27]

Does such a wonderful roll reveal any more to the quiet aspiring warlock?
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-11-25 at 08:25 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

You get a whiff of the same demonic presence you detected when you chose this course - you’re quite sure the fugitive imp was previously present, and not in the town proper, but up on the bluffs near the carved idol.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

A skill monkey and yet.. no ranks in stealth! hahaha... (1d20+2)[15]

investigation (if we even get that far): (1d20+14)[24]

21. - Top - End - #291

DruidGuy

Rolling for stealth (1d20+1)[13]

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Stealth: (1D20)[17]

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    I have had... a week. And now I get to rip out a couple hundred feet of fence with my bare hands if it stops raining. Yay!

Out of curiosity, do Mor or Lag have any idea what the warlocks(?) That ambushed the cadets might be if they aren't ogres?
    I have no idea how I missed this post you made, Feathersnow! I am very silly.

I have posted, expecting those aforementioned investigation rolls. I'll also edit in a Mor'Lag bit, for when Feathersnow can jump back in.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I should be back, moving forward. I have had a lot of things jump out at me, then American Thanksgiving and my grandma had a stroke on the same day
    GNU Terry Pratchett

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    I should be back, moving forward. I have had a lot of things jump out at me, then American Thanksgiving and my grandma had a stroke on the same day
    Sorry to hear it, Feathersnow. If posting here is a labor at this time, take whatever time you need; if it's helpful and replenishing to you right now, then post away. Whichever is the path to the best care of yourself and those you love.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Honestly, I want to get back to normal as soon as possible. Without going into details, there is nothing I can or would be expected to do for my grandma, and the worst in my personal life seems to have passed.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Isaera is quite mad about all this. Is there a way to disable the stone so it can no longer contain arcane energies, and is pretty much just reverts back to a statue?

expertise magic: (1d20+14)[15]

And also about that stone. Would it be a good idea to take the other gray stone she found, and either drop it off somewhere in the swamps to be lost, or smash it later?

(or maybe... to study it??? ) lol I just thought of some compel coming.

But she's a mage, not a warlock, so I'd think many things that have to do with demons she'd not approach.

----

Thanks, RNG. The one time I get a chance to do something cool and meaningful, and it rolls a one!!
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-11-27 at 04:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Well, Isaera is quite mad about all this. Is there a way to disable the stone so it can no longer contain arcane energies, and is pretty much just reverts back to a statue?

expertise magic: [roll0]

And also about that stone. Would it be a good idea to take the other gray stone she found, and either drop it off somewhere in the swamps to be lost, or smash it later?

(or maybe... to study it??? ) lol I just thought of some compel coming.

But she's a mage, not a warlock, so I'd think many things that have to do with demons she'd not approach.

----

Thanks, RNG. The one time I get a chance to do something cool and meaningful, and it rolls a one!!
    YouÂ’ll want to wait for your warlock to weigh in before making decisions about that discovery; but such options do indeed exist.

And also! This is a friendly reminder that Isaera presently has 2 VP sitting around; one of which could be used to bump that natural 1 up to a natural 11, if you would very much prefer to succeed!

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

A natural 11? I think that'll be decent.

I hope you're keeping track of victory points well, because I haven't.

In any case, I'll make sure that Isaera shows Marion the strange rock that seems to radiate some fel energy.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

A natural 11? I think that'll be decent.

I hope you're keeping track of victory points well, because I haven't.

In any case, I'll make sure that Isaera shows Marion the strange rock that seems to radiate some fel energy.
    Indeed I am! :)

Isaera: 2, now 1 with this expense.
    Marion: 2
    Jakk’ari: 2
    Mor: 1
    Lag: 1