New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (OOC Thread)

Hits for three degrees - another -1, a staggered condition that won’t quit, and if he takes another 3 degree hit he’s toast. I’m obliged to remind you Marion that that was the homing feature of your last turns action, and you have a whole other one!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I will use my VP to increase my roll on my last post. Since hoarding is not an option.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I’ll hold off on my description until Jakk’ari posts invade he pops the weasel, but the fire bolt hits for another -1 (he’s at toughness d20-1 now!), Brokenhorn and Felix whiff, and MorLag punches Curbstomp with a banishing blow that knocks it out of the universe.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Realising how unclear the order is becoming with the loose initiatives and deaths: Marion and Jakk’ari’s attacks are yet to resolve for this turn; hopefully one will do it! Or you can always aim for +5 next attack!

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Homing has been the best 1 PP I have spent so far.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, homing does seem to be extremely powerful. I got it thinking it maybe made sense as part of channeling arcane missiles (I distinctly remember it being a channel ability). Though I guess I have enough arcane casting hindrances to make it less OP.

So wait, to be clear.. who's actions are we waiting on?
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-12-14 at 09:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'd think more that Arcane Missiles would be Perception + Secondary Effect.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-12-14 at 10:15 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Marion and Jakk’ari, in this pass. Then it’ll be headshot and Zac, and around we go again - but hopefully it’ll be dusted by then!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Victory! I'll dispense XP after the scene is fully rounded up; there's a little wrap up to do before I'll let us hit the fast travel button.

Re: Mor'Lag's sudden developments: the ogress was doing combat on the other side of the palisade, but it's a gappy construct, so I'll let everyone decide precisely how much of Mor'Lag's heretofor unseen demon-banishing power they witnessed and in how much fidelity. Marion's the only one who would be able to read the demon runes left by the banishments, but Mor'Lag, and even Jakk'ari, were close enough to be able to describe them for Marion to know what they mean.

If you used Extra Effort at any point, and didn't buy it off with a VP as you used it, you're Fatigued (moving at half your normal speed). If you can't remember, because it was a long combat and a lot happened, don't worry. Just, you know. Act exhausted. You just fought the Legion, it's tiring.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2021-12-15 at 04:13 AM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

perception: (1d20+10)[17]

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Perception: (1D20+5)[17]

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

(1d20+6)[13] Perception
    GNU Terry Pratchett

13. - Top - End - #403
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

(1d20+7)[13] For perception!

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Unmask! Unmask! The culprit is revealed, though not identified, and more questions are raised than answered.

Marion casts Demon Armor and Jakk'ari creates a makeshift shield. I'd like to narratively honor those decisions, so feel free to inject into your post how your defensive preparation saves you from a stray blast of fire, an exploding ogre mound's debris, or whatever you like.

Apart from that, I think I made it pretty clear in the post: this is not a scenario you can fight your way out of. Your objective here is to escape - easier for Zach, Marion, and Isaera who don't have a towering wall of fire between them and the "Safety" of the swamp.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

All the infernals, should they all have been summoned properly, would have killed everyone if they have stayed to fight. But now we have dragons, who started off by literally setting all the boundaries of the village on fire and are massacring everyone even harder with no hope of escape for anyone.

So it makes me wonder why even bother with the infernals, if the dragons were more than adequate? How were cultists just hiding inside the village undetected until now?

And moreover, a mystery for our characters to solve.. why bother wiping the Stonemaul ogres off the face of the map?
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-12-18 at 10:50 AM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    All the infernals, should they all have been summoned properly, would have killed everyone if they have stayed to fight. But now we have dragons, who started off by literally setting all the boundaries of the village on fire and are massacring everyone even harder with no hope of escape for anyone. So it makes me wonder why even bother with the infernals, if the dragons were more than adequate?

How were cultists just hiding inside the village undetected until now?
    Well, that one's a practical consideration. Here:
    Spoiler: Expertise: Magic DC 20. Roll as a free action.
    Show
    Once dragons have matured to drakehood, and dragonkin to maturity, magical development often follows - and for what little contact the mortal races have with dragons these days, the wyrms are known to take humanoid guises of their own selection with trivial ease. This, combined with the fact that the Black Dragonflight's ancient domain of authority is over the element of earth, can account for infiltrators with a supernatural talent for hiding the cores in the earth around the village.

And moreover, a mystery for our characters to solve.. why bother wiping the Stonemaul ogres off the face of the map?

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

free roll!

(1d20+14)[23]

Let's make it 3 1s in a row.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I'll hold off on updating the thread until Marion's had a chance to post; but then I'll describe the fruits of your various attempts.

Also, WindStruck, absolute topkek on rolling a 1 for that ritual. But the fact that you've got a 14 in that skill leaving a natural 1 at a 15 is honestly doing a lot of lifting, so you outflanked the RNG with focus, commitment, and sheer fricken will.

One day, Isaera will actually get backhanded by an enemy and pay the price for being such a paper-thin wafer of a mage- but not today. :D

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    I'll hold off on updating the thread until Marion's had a chance to post; but then I'll describe the fruits of your various attempts.

Also, WindStruck, absolute topkek on rolling a 1 for that ritual. But the fact that you've got a 14 in that skill leaving a natural 1 at a 15 is honestly doing a lot of lifting, so you outflanked the RNG with focus, commitment, and sheer fricken will.
    Yeah, I had been rolling 1s a lot lately. And out of VP too. You rapscallion, you tricked us!

One day, Isaera will actually get backhanded by an enemy and pay the price for being such a paper-thin wafer of a mage- but not today. :D
    Are you sure it's not today? I kind of have the feeling Isaera will die if that guy on the bluff looks at her hard enough...

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Yeah, I had been rolling 1s a lot lately. And out of VP too. You rapscallion, you tricked us!

Are you sure it's not today? I kind of have the feeling Isaera will die if that guy on the bluff looks at her hard enough...
    You have my bond as a storyteller that I will not punish you for OOC advice I gave you about not hoarding metaresources. You've passed the mechanical danger and are now merely charting your way out of the cinematic danger! You are free from mechanical punishment, as a result. Scout's honor.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

We're in a bit of a busy period atm.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    We're in a bit of a busy period atm.
    No worries BP, thanks for letting us know. I’ll probably start moving the scene tonight; just jump in when you can, and feel free to include retroactive reactions or whatnot. :)

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Thank you for understanding! I've got a huge data presentation this Friday and I'm doing 12 hour days to gather/analyse everything I need for it. Then there is cooking my Christmas day feast and skyping with my folks and fiance all day.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-12-20 at 09:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Thank you for understanding! I've got a huge data presentation this Friday and I'm doing 12 hour days to gather/analyse everything I need for it. Then there is cooking my Christmas day feast and skyping with my folks and fiance all day.
    RL>RP errytime my friend! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

It's no problem if you can't post, and thanks for the notice.

If you can, to help MrAbdiel, do you have a quick, vague summary of what you'd want Marion doing?

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Posted! A fair bit of time movement, feel free to react to any part of that! Feathersnow, I made the assumption that once Jakk'ari called out and it seemed like he had a plan to escape, Mor'Lag would have rounded back to help make that escape possible for them and as many ogres as they could get. Let me know if that doesn't work!

Just an RP scene, here; a chance to decompress about the hectic previous scene. Feel free to have any psychological or physical scarring from all that that you want! If you want to take something like 'Fear - Dragons' as a complication, that's cool! But I won't demand it. Depends on how well your character processed the whole thing, which is up to you.

After this little stop, I'll fast-travel you back to Theramore for your quote-unquote reward!

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Posted! A fair bit of time movement, feel free to react to any part of that! Feathersnow, I made the assumption that once Jakk'ari called out and it seemed like he had a plan to escape, Mor'Lag would have rounded back to help make that escape possible for them and as many ogres as they could get. Let me know if that doesn't work!

Just an RP scene, here; a chance to decompress about the hectic previous scene. Feel free to have any psychological or physical scarring from all that that you want! If you want to take something like 'Fear - Dragons' as a complication, that's cool! But I won't demand it. Depends on how well your character processed the whole thing, which is up to you.

After this little stop, I'll fast-travel you back to Theramore for your quote-unquote reward!
    That makes sense
    GNU Terry Pratchett

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Don't think Isaera would have a particular fear of dragons. At least, no more than any other sane person.

But I'll be going along with jitters and weakness from mana exhaustion, I think.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Don't think Isaera would have a particular fear of dragons. At least, no more than any other sane person.

But I'll be going along with jitters and weakness from mana exhaustion, I think.
    Sounds good. And the hero of the story, Balandar, gets a chance to give Isaera a ride on his glorious steed.

Spoiler: Absolutely Absurd Bird Is The Word
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

That seems bigger than I remember them in WoW...

Must be the level 60 variety.