New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1336
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (OOC Thread)

Can I use my Second Chance? Is this a "Hazard"?
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Can I use my Second Chance? Is this a "Hazard"?
    It seems like a situation where having a second head might help. Sure!

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Death and decay time!
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

(1d20)[8]+? Second chance!

Edit: oh well
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2022-10-10 at 10:58 AM.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

8+1 (for your Agi) = 9. Bah.

You also have 2 points of the Luck advantage you don't use much? You bought that to represented two headed goodness also. Drop one of those and you go straight up to 19.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Oh, and for Emilia:

(1d20)[5].

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    8+1 (for your Agi) = 9. Bah.

You also have 2 points of the Luck advantage you don't use much? You bought that to represented two headed goodness also. Drop one of those and you go straight up to 19.
    Consider it done!
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

looking interesting! Good luck with the crazed druids.

I wonder if Ebru caused the tear in the ley lines in order to combat this emerald dream madness...

9. - Top - End - #999
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Rolling for initiative (1d20+1)[8]

I also want to use a hero point to summon a bee swarm minion. The stats have been tweaked based on previous feedback. Please tell me if this is powered correctly.
    Spoiler: Bees stat block
    Show
    Budget - 15pts
    Powers:
    Fluid 1: 5pts - Swarm of bees moves fluidly like water
    Flight 1: 2pts - Swarm of bees can fly
    Dazzle 4: 8pts - Swarm of bees can interfere with the senses of others and sting
    Immunity5 Arrows Mundane: 5pts - 3E Guide lists bullets as a "particular damage effect" immunity costing 5. Mundane arrows are the WOW bullets in a sense.
    Senses Accurate4 & Counter Concealment2 Olfactory: 6pts - Swarm of bees has great sense of smell
    26pts Total

Skills:
    Expertise Sugar foraging 2: 1pts
    1pts

Stats:
    STR -2: -4pts
    FGT -1: -2pts
    PRE -1: -2pts
    INT -1: -2pts
    WILL -1: -2pts
    -12pts Total

Everything not mentioned would be a default value.

*Looks like Jakk'ari got caught flat footed. Either way he is going to summon some bees and rally ebru if needed. Giving a command is a move action so Jakk'ari will be staying put.
    Last edited by Plaids; 2022-10-11 at 01:44 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marion Initiative: (1D20)[12]
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

Bit of nuance to that. The attack bonus + damage cannot exceed twice the power level.

So for example, Mor'Lag could have an attack that does 10 damage. But in that case the best their attack roll can be is 6.

I do feel like if someone has some sort of attack which could exceed this cap in some way, they need to choose how they limit it before making their attack roll.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Indeed, that’s the formula. Although given the PL is 4, twice it is 8, rather than 16.

As for having more than the caps in total… I agree there might ought to be a decidability; but there are two advantages, power attack and accurate attack, that permit that shifting under normal circumstances. That’s what gave me pause on saying that outright previously!

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

The advantages exist, yes, and they only cost 1 point each. Whereas what I was talking about, usually the player would be paying far, far more by dumping many points into one power, stats, or skills...

And oh yes, kinda forgot we were at PL4! Only 4, sheesh.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    The advantages exist, yes, and they only cost 1 point each. Whereas what I was talking about, usually the player would be paying far, far more by dumping many points into one power, stats, or skills...

And oh yes, kinda forgot we were at PL4! Only 4, sheesh.
    A good point! Still, I'm hoping to look for a cleaner solution; but that'll wait until the current adventure, almost over, is completed.

And yes, PL4 adventure babies. But not forever! Perhaps, not even for long...

Marion, you Death and Decayin' awaits. To anticipate your question, can indeed catch this entire room with a 60ft cylinder. But that room also contains your allies, so... y'know. Caster beware. After you've acted, it's all the NPC's turns.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

It's too bad that the contagious modifier will still affect allies...

Whoops!

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

We're not in the area of effect.

They'll melt and melt. The ones that reach us won't affect us either, because Marion will end the effect.

Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-10-14 at 06:05 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Now, if you're trying to catch as many enemies as possible without any allies, you can catch Cobrahn, Boahn and Pythas, and a whole bunch of wall. If you're not being so discriminate with your friendly fire, you can get everyone in the room. Should I assume you're going for the three-fer?

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yes, she is discriminating against friendly fire. She might be callous, but she's loyal .

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Alright! Resolutions are up! Player turns now!

Important notes:

Active counter attempt on the Death and Decay.
    Marion and Jakk'ari got wonked and need to tough it out.
    Anacondra (government name: Scarletleaf) hit herself with a HoT.
    Isaera and Aleeana arrive this turn!

Attack in any order you like. Anyone who wants to co-ordinate some kind of action with Emilia or Aleeana may do so under the assumption they will do their best to be helpful in their pending actions!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-10-14 at 11:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, Aleeana and Isaera sure as heck did catch up fast. Are we fatigued or anything?

So Aleeana will act with the next NPC phase... when does Iseera act?

Also, I should really throw up frost armor as soon as I realize there is fighting.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2022-10-14 at 11:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I did the old cinema trick of pretending two parallel scenes were chronologically linked. But the main party had to wait for the turtle to decide they had gone, and then pass; and they had paused to overcome snek obstacles that are cleared by the time you get there; then approach the Kaldorei with diplomatic caution, etc. Not to mention Aspect of the Pack has juiced up your move speed considerably, allowing you to cave-parkour and make up a lot of ground. Is this realistically precise? Is it much more likely Isaera would have caught up before, or after the nick of time? Yes.

Am I ashamed of choosing the more cinematic outcomes I have the chance? Definitely not. :D

Aleeana, like Emilia, is a 'friendly' NPC, so they act before the enemies do. For PbP simplicity, I usually do their actions either at the very end of the player sequence, unless what they're going to do is important to the PC's considerations. Emilia just acted at the 'start' of the player round, because it might chance how people react to Marion getting jumped to know a proteccer is already there. But otherwise, I do them at the end of the PC actions, right before I resolve the hostile NPCs.

There is enough hullabaloo and sound of combat as you approach to have Frost Armor activated when you join the combat, at no penalty. Isaera, and the rest of the characters, are free to act immediately. You may expect Aleeana is going to burst in alongside Isaera, and back her up.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-10-15 at 12:18 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I forgot about Varghast.. Is the demon coming at some point?

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

The druids politely asked the warlock to leave her demon behind so they could ambush them better, and like a -foolish fool- she agreed and did not set them on fire on principle. She’ll have to resummon him!

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

Oh I see. She just unsummoned him.

I thought she had left him milling about outside the cave.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

See?

Marion was agreeable and diplomatic, and it screwed her over.

She should've started melting MoFo's first and asked questions later.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marion Toughness Save: (1D20+4)[24]

Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-10-15 at 10:16 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Marion Toughness Save: [roll0]

Do not forget also save la poisone, madame warlock. Your demonically infused abs may be rock hard against these attacks - but what of your liver's capacity to dispense with toxins? And the counterspell check, if you'd be so kind!

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marion is calling upon her Demonology knowledge to Power Stunt a new AP "Metamorphosis".

"Metamorphosis" (Alternate Form 20pp)

- "Demon Body" (Multiple Effects, 16pp)
    - Enhanced Strength 4: +4 Strength
    - Extra Limbs 4: 4 extra limbs: Advantages: Improved Grab.
    - Immunity 2: Immune to Disease and Poison.
    - Flight 1: 4 miles/hour, 50 feet/round, Wings.
    - Regeneration 1: Every 10 rounds, Stacks with (Demon Armor: Regeneration 4 - Every 2 rounds)

"Tentacle Strike" (Damage 4)
    DC 19, Line: Area 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, Advantages: Fast Grab, Improved Hold.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-10-15 at 11:39 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

That's quite a stunt!

I'm going to allow this, because it's cool, and because it's a one-off use because that is how stunts do. If you want to pick it up as a genuine power later however, I think you might need to save some pennies and start a new 'demonology' array, or some such thing. Your 20PP array is "Destruction and Affliction", and is rich with nukes; if we stuffed a demon metamorph power in there, it'd be getting dangerous close to "The uniting quality of this array is that they are powers I use" territory!

But, on account of it being a stunt, we'll go ahead with it as an alternate of that array for now, locking you out of your 'splosions for the greater glory of tentacle mauling.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Splendid!

When she hits any of the druids with her tentacle strike she can Fast Grab them as a free action, at which point they have to resist a DC 18 strength check or become grappled.

I say 'when' because it's a line attack that auto hits.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-10-16 at 12:13 AM.