New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1340
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (OOC Thread)

Well, at least they didn't just kill the tauren and feed their pet snakes ground beef.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

It occurs to me with Feathersnow MIA and Plaids being very very sporadic... and Marion remaining silent, I guess all the talking here will be up to me.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

So it may seem, for now; but the crew has pulled through, and we approach now the epilogue of the adventure. I might do a bit of a round-up post, now that you have unchallenged access to friendly druids who can fill in the gaps in your knowledge. But if a Isaera or anyone else has specific questions, I’ll take ‘em!

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'm back! Will respond shortly
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

WB! @Plaids, check in when you can, my friend. I'll be acting under the assumption that Jakk'ari will carry on being the diplomatic troll that he prefers to be, in the meantime.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Sorry for being sporadic. I'll be checking in now that the adventure is shifting gears. Are we just going to grab the sleeping elf on the way out?

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I did it! I wrapped up the stuff! And you even kept enough druids alive that I couldn't see a reason why they wouldn't participate in recovering Naralex on the way out. Woo!

Last call for questions for druids!

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

Are Aleeana's eyes still green?

If she wanted to try changing them back closer to blue, I have an idea....

9. - Top - End - #1119

DruidGuy

That's a lot of text. I'll be posting soon.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Posting soon! Thanks for your posts, everyone.

Clarifier, Plaids - do you mean for Jakk'ari's story of the Murloc attack on Gadgetzahn to be a kind of parable he made up to tell a story about actions and consequences; or is he recalling a genuine event he witnessed? It's the kind of wacky things that goblins might do and cause, but I'll keep in mind if this is allegory or recollection!

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Titan in the Playground

The story really is wacky. I thought the goblins were always just exploiting nature ...

Go figure that the one time someone tries something different, then it turns into an utter disaster.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That's what you get trusting druid magic.

Marion will be happy to contract out designing and building a series of irrigation channels.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Marion: With some irrigation we can create arable land here for sure
    Druids: We don't want arable land we want pristine impenetrable forest
    Marion: *Blank face* How will that make any money or food
    Druids: our food is moonlight and our currency is acorns and beads
    Marion: Okay well GROOVY MAN I'm out

Also, Isaera brutally cutting down her sister then immediately feeling bad about it and trying to mitigate it is the most authentic sisters interaction ever.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

So what about the idea about Aleeana's eyes?

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

You are right, sorry; I saw that then blanked on it. I’ll address it with a short IC post when I get home later!

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

If she wanted to keep her eyes green I guess that's fine. I just gathered from our last little sisterly RP session/flashback that she was worried about them not reverting back to blue.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Lil' post done.

Also, having done a bunch of re-reading the thread, I want to reiterate how grateful I am for you guys just looking past and rolling with all my weird typos. I don't understand how I manage some of them; but gosh are they there, in much greater abundance than I am comfortable realizing.

18. - Top - End - #1128

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    Posting soon! Thanks for your posts, everyone.

Clarifier, Plaids - do you mean for Jakk'ari's story of the Murloc attack on Gadgetzahn to be a kind of parable he made up to tell a story about actions and consequences; or is he recalling a genuine event he witnessed? It's the kind of wacky things that goblins might do and cause, but I'll keep in mind if this is allegory or recollection!
    The idea at the time of posting was that the story was true and observed from a distance and while scouting the town. In hindsight it would be more convenient if the story was exaggerated a little bit. Since such a large attack would have been taken advantage of by the Farraki. I wanted to make a humorous story after being inspired by some humorous wow quests.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
    The idea at the time of posting was that the story was true and observed from a distance and while scouting the town. In hindsight it would be more convenient if the story was exaggerated a little bit. Since such a large attack would have been taken advantage of by the Farraki. I wanted to make a humorous story after being inspired by some humorous wow quests.
    Kernel of truth, expanded for flavor. Perfect, works for me. :)

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    ((Thinking about competition, Marion?? you're looking at it!!))
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Titan in the Playground

tbh, in the WoW games, nothing ever happened to the zeppelins, and it was always REALLY quick (I'd say far less than a day spent traveling).

Meanwhile it's strange you say going through the barrens is the safest when what.. we have quillboar, centaurs, thunder lizards, harpies, and raptors to worry about? Not even to mention more humanoid threats like bandits and vengeful cultists... Yes I know you're said safest time wise, but yeah.. who cares about that when you could just wind up dead or kidnapped?

In any case, Isaera's main concern is simply being able to have something decent and fashionable to wear for this event. She surely has something in her belongings already that can make do, but maybe it would be possible to acquire something else in ratchet with the extra time they have.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2022-11-23 at 09:30 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    tbh, in the WoW games, nothing ever happened to the zeppelins, and it was always REALLY quick (I'd say far less than a day spent traveling).

Meanwhile it's strange you say going through the barrens is the safest when what.. we have quillboar, centaurs, thunder lizards, harpies, and raptors to worry about? Not even to mention more humanoid threats like bandits and vengeful cultists... Yes I know you're said safest time wise, but yeah.. who cares about that when you could just wind up dead or kidnapped?

In any case, Isaera's main concern is simply being able to have something decent and fashionable to wear for this event. She surely has something in her belongings already that can make do, but maybe it would be possible to acquire something else in ratchet with the extra time they have.
    It's true! Usually you just have a fun little cruise on the zeppelin and off you go. I think in Wow there's no zep point between Orgrimmar and Ratchet, but it makes sense there would be - certainly right now, before the world-spanning network of gryphons and wyverns is not yet established.

But yes, the road is more safe for you except for the quillboar, centaurs, thunder lizards, harpies and raptors. XD

Operating with the assumption that, as rough tough adventurers, you are able to take care of yourself against ground threats fairly handily; but a zeppelin catching fire and crashing into the sea, well...

Whatcha gonna do? And there's a scoop of 'not trusting the new technology' in there. I imagine warcraft travellers would be as reticent to start travelling by zeppelin as humans were on airplanes, back in the day.

And the foot route is all main roads, for the most part; a patrolled by crossroads soldiers and orgrimmar outriders, so y'know. "Safe"!

EDIT:

I believe, by the way I'd dispensed 8 XP from adventures so far and an also a 5 PP for profession dabbling and 5pp for racial stuff, after my audit previously. And I know it was a little confusing getting things straight at that point, while I was figuring out how to do professions and what I would demand to qualify for certain feats of crafting.

Now, in reward for your victory in the Wailing Caverns, we're going up to PL 5 - and with a new hit of XP to boot.

I've been having a little trouble tracking character stats because some sheets are updated and some arn't, but I've been moving the expected numbers a bit and didn't know what to look for before to help during character creation. But I do now!

So we'll end up at PL 5, with 105 points spent - atleast 5 of which must be on things to promote your character's species' distinction in the world, and atleat 5 of which must be in skills/advantages to simulate professional learning (Expertise, and Artificer chief among the options).

Soon I'll make a new OOC 2 thread which we'll start by plugging in your character sheets, but Now would be a good time to Rebuild your character if there are features you haven't used that you don't want anymore, or if your time playing them has revealed you overspent or underspent in one place or another. It'll also provide an opportunity to update powers and attacks to the new PL of 5, which means for example a higher defense threshold, and an AttackBonus/EffectRank limit of 10, instead of 8.

If you are super jazzed to get on top of that now, feel free to post your updated character sheet here in this thread, and we can always copy it over to the new one shortly.

But PL5, 105 PP, (+5PP Race, +5PP Profession).
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-11-23 at 04:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'll get on this! I, ironically, am consumed by real WoW atm. I am in love with the new Dracthyr mechanics and my humanoid Visage is a cutie. They convinced Chromie to send them through time because they are convinced they are the protagonist sent through time to save the past. (I, like, everyone in Blizzard, loved Babylon 5)
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Awesome. Now would be a good time to harvest back some of those points you've put into things like Close Combat as a skill - while skill limits at PL 5 is like.. 15, you can only really benefit from about 5 points of that skill under most circumstances, to deliver your strength 5 (ie Rank 5 damage) attacks! So you might have some spare points to put into manifesting some more arcana.

Also, Yeah, the Dragonflight hype is real. I like evoker too! I was a little sad at how.. weedy they looked at first, but then there was that bit on the alliance side where one of the NPC's says something like "Oh boy, a whole new place with new mountains to climb" and it occurred to me Dracthyr probably should have underdeveloped forelimbs since they never have to climb unassisted by wings. Maybe; that's what I thought, anyway. And Soaring is welcome over the old point-and-autofly.

My Dracthyr is a Neltharion Loyalist in denial, lol. Refuses to believe that the Earth Warder is dead, or was ever corrupted. It's a lie. Or a test to get us to operate semi-independantly while retaining loyalty. The General will return.

...He will return.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Whatcha gonna do? And there's a scoop of 'not trusting the new technology' in there. I imagine warcraft travellers would be as reticent to start travelling by zeppelin as humans were on airplanes, back in the day.
    Don't forget that the Alliance emissary travelled from Lordaeron to Northrend by Zepplin, to tell Arthas that his King told him to go home.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I.. don't remember that at all! But it sounds legit.

Should have taken a gnome submarine. Where the love for gnomes?

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Reposting. Not 100% locked in. This is her having gotten back to Rachet.

I was tempted to start creating some "portal" magic, but I might leave that for a little bit. She got a buff with her spells doing more damage, and learning how to summon a Felhunter, her new pet. As the felhunter can't speak, she'll call him Barkley, in the absence of an actaul pet dog. (Bark-ley, get it?)

I'm thinking of ways to play around with some points for equipment (a wand), so she can put her 'sustained' damage spells on someone and then dakka dakka them with a wand.

Or a gun maybe. She is a pretty stellar engineer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Marion Mordis

Name: Marion Mordis
    Race: Human
    Homeland: Former Kingdom of Alterac
    Profession: Warlock, Proprietor of Mordis Trading Company

Abilities: (14pp))
    Str 0, Sta 0, Agl 0, Dex 0, Fgt 0, Int 4, Awe 2, Pre 1

Defenses: (18pp)
    Parry 5
    Dodge 5
    Toughness 0/5
    Will 5

Skills: (21pp)
    Expertise (Mining) +7, Expertise (Business) +14, Expertise +14 (Magic - Fel) (flaw: limited), Insight +6, Perception +6, Persuasion +11, Technology +14.

Advantages: (10pp)
    Attractive 1, Benefit (Status - Minor Noble) 2, Ritualist, Inventor, Move-by Action, Benefit (Wealth 4 - Multi-Millionaire), Move-by Action

Powers: (38pp)

Summon Demon(Enhanced Trait 5pp + 1 pp for alternate summon, Felhunter)
    Enhanced Trait: Inreased Duration (continuous), Heroic, Distracting, Mental Link, Sacrifice, Noticeable, Check Required (DC 16 Expertise: magic), Quirk (Requires 1 Soul Shard as created by Artificer), Activation (Create Summoning Circle via Ritualist)

Minion - Voidwalker - Varghast

Spoiler
    Show

Abilities: 0pp (Straight zeroes.)

Defenses: 0pp. Zeroes across the board except toughness, which is 8 because of the Protection power.

Skills: (10pp.)

Insight +5, Perception +5, Intimidation +5, Close Combat +4, Expertise: Demonology +1.

Advantages: (2pp.)

Uncanny Dodge and Interpose.

Powers: (37pp)

Immunity: Interaction Skills - 5pp

Demonic Regeneration (Array) - 11pp
    Consume Shadows: Regeneration 10 (1 Toughness Penalty Removed per Round)
    Alternate Consume Shadows: Regeneration 20, Persistent, Source: Nether Energies, Limited: Only when Unsummoned.

Torment ("Mass Taunt" Weaken:Attack) - 9pp
    Weaken:Attack - 4 Ranks
    Selective +1 Per Rank
    Area Burst +1 Per Rank
    Quirk (Penalty Removed if attacking the Void Walker) -2 Flat
    Activation (Move) -1 Flat.

Protection - 8pp
    +8 Toughness

- Alt. Power: Felhunter

Spoiler
    Show

TBA

"Demon Armour" (Multiple Effects 10)
    Protection 5: Toughness 5
    Regeneration 5: Regeneration 5, every 2 rounds.

"Destruction and Affliction" (Array 23pp)
    Main Power:Corruption (Blast 5, 20pp)
    Perception range, DC 20, Secondary Effect, Increased Duration (Sustained)

- Alt. Power: Shadow and Fire (Blast 5, 19pp))
    Accurate 2, Range 400 ft, DC 20, Homing 1, Multiattack, Variable Descriptor (Fire or Shadow)

- Alt. Power: Death and Decay (Cylinder Area Damage 4, 15pp)
    Area (Cylinder) 30ft, 300 ft range, DC 19, Contagious, Increased Duration (Concentration), Increased Range (Range)

- Alt. Power: "Blast Wave" (Blast: Cone Area Damage 5)
    400ft range, DC 20, Cone Area 2: 120 feet cone, DC 15.

"Device as Equipment" (19 EP, 4pp, constructed device)

- Main Device: "Mordis Arms Repeater Rifle Prototype Mk 2" (Blast 5), The "MARS"
    500 feet, DC 20, Accurate 3 (+6 to hit), Advantage: Power Attack, Multiattack.

- Alt. Power: "Smoke Bomb" (Concealment Cloud 4)
    Area: Cloud 15 feet radius, DC 14 Will, All visual senses, Attack.

14 Abilities + 42 Powers + 10 Advantages + 21 Skills + 18 Defenses = 105/105pp

Complications:
    Motivation: Thrills:

Motivation: Knowledge Accumulation:

Motivation: Restoration of Family Name:

Motivation: Restoration of Family Prominence and Wealth:

Quirk: Flirt:

As for her goals over the coming time:

Spoiler
    Show

- Make an excellent impression in Orgrimmar, thus working towards a complication goal. (Restoring family name)
    - Expand her trading company size by investing and entering new markets, thus working towards a complication goal.
    - Politely pester Jaina again about buying a chunk of Theramore, using her 'atta girl job with Wailing Caverns and making good impression in Orgrimmar, thus working towards a complication goal.
    - Be on the look out for a fit, strapping young fellow with some intelligence who doesn't mind changing his last name to hers, thus working towards a complication goal. (Also that he doesn't mind that she's an aspiring Azerothian Jeff Bezos who's also a dark wizard with pet demons, but you know how young men are when an attractive friendly lady is interested in them, those type of considerations sink in priority)
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-06-15 at 12:41 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

*Reads Windstrucks post*

See this is why Humans have Diplomacy as a racial haha.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Big lol. I love longsuffering uncle Jakk'ari.

"But girls, don't you want to camp and see the wonders of nature?"

"Ew, no Uncle Jakk'ari we need time to shop."

*Marion, Isaera and Mor'Lag all pivot and walk off looking at their iphones, popping bubblegum in unison. Camera pans to a sad Jakk'ari.*

Edit: Hmm. I beleive Mor'Lag began the journey to the oasis in a custom sundress they were quite proud of having. I imagine it's either been battered to rags by the adventure, or perhaps carefully folded up and stowed beforehand!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-11-24 at 07:56 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Sounds like we’ve mostly settled on the zeppelin plan! I’ll advance us to ratchet tomorrow.