New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (OOC Thread)

That's alright; it doesn't expire, so feel free to bank it. As a mage, you have perhaps the most power projects you could pursue - a defensive teleport, a fiery shield, a polymorph - the possibilities are endless, and it may pay off not to choose hastily. :D

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marions next few "spells" will most def be along the utility line. Maybe 1 or 2 more, then focus more points into skills/advantages.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Murder is a kind of utility!

Also, I'm gonna keep doing dream stuff - and kick into the same for Jakk'ari and Zachery. You can decide whether they are dreams your character has at some point, or if it's just backstory that it's fun to illuminate about our characters. I'll just keep calling them dreams, though.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm consistently impressed by the amazing effort you put into this, Mr GM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    I'm consistently impressed by the amazing effort you put into this, Mr GM.
    I am but a servant of my people. :) Glad you’re enjoying it.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Hm. Not sure how to spend CP at the moment..
    Same. I might just pool the up for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFinchy View Post
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

I currently can’t post for a bit due to a power outage. Just know that I have not left and will be back eventually.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Acknowledged, my good troll. Jakk’ari is on sensible autopilot for the moment. The scene will progress after I get home tonight; maybe around 10 hours from now.

9. - Top - End - #159

DruidGuy

Does anyone want help during their down time?
    Otherwise Jakk'ari is going to look for some pain killers for any injured recruits who are far from a medic.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Mor'Lag is going to try to make a potion of intellect boosting.
    (1d20+8)[21]
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

I think a salve that would deal with advanced infections would be in order.

alchemy: (1d20+14)[28]

12. - Top - End - #162

DruidGuy

Jakk'ari will be foraging for some "peace weed" or any in lore equivalent in preparation for a very likely meeting with any representatives from the horde.
    (1d20+8)[12]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

All those rolls look good to me. We're working on a compressed time schedule which doesn't strictly permit the normal minimum 5 hours for design and execution of a gadget/artifact, but that's fine for me in this "Prologue" mission. After this mission (presuming everyone votes to stay on!) we'll start doing the formal process.

For now:

Isaera uses some of the healing potions on hand, cut with the right proportion of the mundane anti-infection unguents in the medical kit, to make a high potency recovery salve that will be very effective combating the wounds any living cadets might have left untreated in the last few days.

Mor and Lag put their heads together and make a potion that will boost intellect by 3, for 24 hours after it is ingested. All that remains is for one to convince the other that they should be the one to drink it!

Marion uses the tower's limited workshop, and a borrowed cluster of the insect-repelling herbs from Jakk'ari, and makes a small, belt-wearable brass sphere with tiny holes in its surface. When carefully stuffed with the herbs and exposed to heat, they are starved enough of oxygen to only smoulder over a long time - just enough to release sub-visible amounts of vapor which is too subtle for most humanoid noses to smell, but still is more effective at keeping the insects at bay long term due to the constant running of it. The party will not have to check for insect-related nuisances while they are in the Dustwallow Marsh, so long as Jakk'ari can keep the burner supplied with a little of his repellant herbs.

Jakk'ari finds a cluster of peacebloom, and harvests it. The flowers are pretty ugly in this swamp variety; but the leaves are perfectly suitable for burning in the Tauren style, and will make an adequate diplomatic gift in the event that the party encounters someone from the Horde.

Zachery is also presumably working on some manner of potion or tonic, and I'll allow him to backfill and roll that answer when he gets around to posting.

Finally, if I could get any rolls you would like to make on this first day of searching as you move towards Brackenwall, I'll incorporate their results into the scenesetting. Fort saves are voided by Marion's burner. Specifically, I'd like everyone to make a Perception roll and an Investigation roll. These are team checks, so one member of the group will make the core roll against a DC I won't tell you, and everyone else will be rolling at DC 10 to assist. If you succeed on your assist roll, that's a +2 for the main roller; +5 if you have the Teamwork advantage.

Isaera is the group skill monkey, and easilly has the highest investigation, so she'll lead the Investigation roll.

Isaera also has the highest perception, edging out the ranger Zachery by 1 (it's those big ears, what do it!); but since Zach has the very important tracking advantage, he's got the necessary talents to find the lads in the wilderness, so Zachery will lead the Perception Roll.

​So gimme dem rolls!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Perception: (1D20+5)[8]

Too busy in her workshop.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-10-26 at 07:37 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Sometimes the dice just say no! :P But make the Investigation roll too; I'll fold it all into the first leg of the journey, searching for the cadets.

Oh, and Plaids! I noticed in your post you mentioned 5 cadets; I think that was bad communication on my part. 5 cadets went AWOL; 1 returned back to Theramore and collapsed after reporting their ill-fated escapade, and 1 you've recovered from the swamp hermit's hut. So there's 3 out there unaccounted for.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Mor and Lag try to help!
    (1d20+5)[12] Perception

(1d20+5)[13] investigation
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Investigation: (1D20+2)[19]

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

So I guess, I'm the lead investigator! (1d20+14)[25]

And she'll help with the tracking: (1d20+10)[28]

19. - Top - End - #169

DruidGuy

Jakk'ari helps with the investigation and perception scanning the ground and horizon for any leads.

Investigation: (1d20+5)[12]

Perception: (1d20+8)[22]

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post

Zachery is also presumably working on some manner of potion or tonic, and I'll allow him to backfill and roll that answer when he gets around to posting.
    This is accurate. I was gone yesterday due to events but I will be doing something with Alchemy.
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

No worries, Hand Ax m'boy. We'll backfill your alchemy shenanigans when you have a little more time. For now, I'll go ahead and roll that Perception and Investigate check for ya, just so I can compose the next scene.

(1d20+1)[5] vs DC 10 to assist Investigate

(1d20+8)[23] Open to lead Perception.

Final Investigation result is 25+2+2+2+0= 31 :O

Final Perception result is 23+5+2+2+0= 32 :O . Isaera succeeded on her assist with 3 degrees, making her contribution a +5; and no one who failed a roll failed by 2 or more whole degrees, so there's no negatives. A 31 and a 32 is big-boy rolls, and you should be proud. I'll go ahead and describe that search.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2021-10-27 at 04:35 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Jakk'ari finds a cluster of peacebloom, and harvests it. The flowers are pretty ugly in this swamp variety; but the leaves are perfectly suitable for burning in the Tauren style, and will make an adequate diplomatic gift in the event that the party encounters someone from the Horde.

If that doesn't work, Marion has her own diplomatic gift that also involves burning >_>.

23. - Top - End - #173

DruidGuy

It looks like we have two small mysteries to unravel.

I imagine that splitting the party isn't viable. For the moment Jakk'ari will be voting for venturing further into the wilderness instead of going to BrackenWall.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, I have thought this over, and I would like to step down from this game for a while. As much as I like this concept I was having trouble even getting the character built and it hasn't gotten easier. Pressures from a new job, family issues, a wrecked schedule and many other factors have made me feel incapable of paying proper attention to this game and another I have going in the forum (which I am sending a similar message to as well

I would like to suggest you find someway to have Zachary get pulled away/lost/something, because I think need to take some things off my plate for now and it;s unfair to make you guys have to track me down or wait on me. I do hope I can participate soon because this concept is awesome and I really like how this character came out.

Please do not take it personal, I just need some breathing room in my daily checklist.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sorry to see you go hand ax, best of luck with everything.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Sorry to see you go hand ax, best of luck with everything.
    Well I was hoping to make this more of a short term thing, hopefully as things go on it'll all clear and I'll be good to take part again. If however you are against that then I will step down fully but I would hope not.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

RL > RP, Hand Ax. I’ll arrange for Zachary to elegantly disappear with the possibility of returning later when you’re feeling stable enough. Shoot me a message when the time comes, no hard feelings!

28. - Top - End - #178

DruidGuy

To Hand Axe Ranger, I hope you balance your schedule.
    I hope you work things and out and maybe return later but just do what's best for you. Campaigns don't break if someone drops them unlike the more important things in life.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

RL > RP, Hand Ax. I’ll arrange for Zachary to elegantly disappear with the possibility of returning later when you’re feeling stable enough. Shoot me a message when the time comes, no hard feelings!
    Ok then thank you. I do hope to return, and it would probably be best to when I am certain of my ability to dedicate proper attention to this. That might be a long while, but better to hold off for a triumphant return that to burn myself fully out or never return at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
    To Hand Axe Ranger, I hope you balance your schedule.
    I hope you work things and out and maybe return later but just do what's best for you. Campaigns don't break if someone drops them unlike the more important things in life.
    Too true man, all of that. Thanks for the support.

Edit: I will still be reading the ICC both to keep up with it for my hopeful return and alos because it's real interesting in general.
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2021-10-27 at 09:05 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

It's too bad if you have to go, but I don't mind keeping Zachary around, in any case.