New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1245 - The Discussion Thread

I'm guessing that whatever defenses Oona has don't include Energy Drain since she's not a cleric, but you're right, we only have speculation so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #842
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I'm guessing that whatever defenses Oona has don't include Energy Drain since she's not a cleric, but you're right, we only have speculation so far.
    She had a teleport trap of sorts, so I wouldn't necessarily rule it out in the grounds that Serini isn't a mage. That being said, I do agree that it's unlikely she'll have na Energy Drain trap. Though I hope I'm wrong because I hadn't even thought of that and it sounds pretty cool.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #843

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    She had a teleport trap of sorts, so I wouldn't necessarily rule it out in the grounds that Serini isn't a mage. That being said, I do agree that it's unlikely she'll have na Energy Drain trap. Though I hope I'm wrong because I hadn't even thought of that and it sounds pretty cool.
    Sorry, Serini? We were talking about Oona (the bugbear ranger lady) putting her foot down. Oona has no traps to my knowledge.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

4. - Top - End - #844
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Sorry, Serini? We were talking about Oona (the bugbear ranger lady) putting her foot down. Oona has no traps to my knowledge.
    Dang, I misunderstood completely. I wholly agree with you, then.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

I'm not denying she's high level, I'm denying that her putting her foot down would be more than a speed bump to them unless she got backup soon afterward.
    Speed bumps are very effective at reducing tne speed at which cars travel along a road.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

6. - Top - End - #846

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Speed bumps are very effective at reducing tne speed at which cars travel along a road.
    1) When they're made of person, it usually doesn't work out so well for the person.

2) Her goal in this hypothetical scenario would be to stop them, not merely slow them down.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ettin in the Playground

For a few seconds.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    For a few seconds.
    Sure, but try going over them fast, it's not something you'd be able to do twice.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure, but try going over them fast, it's not something you'd be able to do twice.
    In this metaphor, going over the speed bump once utterly obliterates it, then you take a day of rest or so and your car is in just as good shape as it was before you destroyed the speed bump.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    In this metaphor, going over the speed bump once utterly obliterates it, then you take a day of rest or so and your car is in just as good shape as it was before you destroyed the speed bump.
    I'd say the metaphor is someone jumping in the way of the car to act as a speedbump.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hungrycrow View Post
    I'd say the metaphor is someone jumping in the way of the car to act as a speedbump.
    Haha, that's pretty good. It also gave me the image of Xykon and Redcloak driving a car, hearing the "SPLAT!" and feeling the impact, and Redcloak panicking "What was that?!" while Xykon says "Meh, who cares, we're fine. We'll clean it off when we arrive. And by 'we,' I mean 'you.'"