New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Your top 4 classes, and...

Druid (but only Shepard, and wildfire), Sorcerer (Divine), Warlock (hexblade, Undead, Undying), Wizard (scribe)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

1. Wizard. I always find myself playing them lately. There's enough good spells that you can fulfill many more thematic ideas than most other classes.
    2. Fighter. No, you shut up! Fighter kind of arrives at the same result with Wizard by going the exact other direction: Fighter is generic, almost any concept can fit into Fighter. I made a potion brewing witch a fighter.
    3. Bard! Of all the charisma-based classes, this is honestly the only one that feels charisma based to me. Blah blah force of will blah are you built around music and beauty?
    4. Barbarian. Look, sometimes I want to turn my brain off and make numbers happen until something dies. And while there are fighters that are better than barbarians at putting things in the ground fast, those are the ones that require my brain cells to bump into each other from time to time.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

How am I doing? I think I'm doing fine. Wizard/fighter/bard/barbarian should be able to get through any published adventure.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    How am I doing? I think I'm doing fine. Wizard/fighter/bard/barbarian should be able to get through any published adventure.
    Any published adventure, certainly - for a more well-rounded party though I'd consider replacing either the Fighter or Barbarian with something that can fill that role with a touch less overlap, like a Moon Druid. Solidly tanky, but can also fill the scout role and won't fail the same saves.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Bard, warlock, sorcerer and paladin(barbarian is number 5).

Spoiler: It is pretty good
    Show
    We got a nice options of healing, melee, range, skills, spells and the option to succeed in talking instead of fighting most of the time.

Last edited by BloodSnake'sCha; 2021-10-14 at 03:29 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Well, my favorite characters that I've played are as follows:

Battlemaster Fighter - This was my first character and I loved it! A powerful, efficient melee soldier that had plenty of tactical options to out think and outfight his opponents. Bounded accuracy, scaling attacks + proficiency bonus, enchanted weapons, action surge and superiority dice mean that even strength based battlemasters can make capable archers. Plus fighters are a short rest class so their consistency is awesome.

Eloquence Bard - Master debaters who are perhaps the best social subclass in the game? They can force disadvantage on saving throws and spellcast in the same turn, silver tongue makes them exceptional at charisma checks and the bards' spell list is great for setting up teammates in battle. Expertise is great for stealth and sleight of hand as well if you want to go more roguish. Seduction, guile and dirty tricks abound.

Vengeance Paladin - Akin to playing a sentient guided missile, vengeance paladins can solo bosses. Find steed, misty step, haste and dimension door make them incredibly mobile while vow of enmity and hunters mark give the vengeance paladin an insane amount of at-will firepower. As an added bonus, their aura buffs their teammates and makes these guys incredibly difficult to knock out of the fight.

Light Cleric - A doctor with a rocket launcher, these guys can put you in the hospital just as well as take you out of one! Not only that, clerics chug protein shakes, wear armor and can take a punch. Oh, and they can bring back the dead.

EDIT:

Okay I think this party is actually quite good. It's got a medic, a social media influencer, a Navy SEAL and an armed warhead.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Bard, Wizard, Warlock, and Paladin.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think I'm set; maybe a bit lacking on exploration pillar, but, except for the Paladin, all the other 3 can make choices in their builds to cover up the slack. Maybe in a very survivalist themed campaign I might be sorry not having a Ranger, Cleric, or Druid
    Last edited by diplomancer; 2021-10-16 at 05:47 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Druid, Cleric, Sorcadin, Fighter.

Pretty well off tbh.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Cleric, Warlock, Paladin, Bard

Wait, since when did I love CHA-based classes?

Favorite subclasses: Peace Domain with Light as a strong second, tie between Hexblade and Celestial Pact, tie between Oath of Redemption and Oath of Devotion (although I need to take a closer look at Oath of the Watcher), and College of Lore, with College of Eloquence as a strong second.

92% of forum users no longer put made-up statistics in their signatures. If you're part of the 8% who still do, copy and paste this into your signature.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    What are your top 4 favorite classes?
    Cleric, Wizard, Fighter, Rogue (Yes I know how very boring and vanilla of me)

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're now playing in a party comprised of your top 4 picks. How screwed/set are you?
    Not much but I think it would be more fun to explore the full characters than just the base class. What races and subclasses and feats and etcetera.
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude... seeming to be true within the context of the game world.

"D&D does not have SECRET rules that can only be revealed by meticulous deconstruction of words and grammar. There is only the unclear rules prose that makes people think there are secret rules to be revealed."

Consistency between games and tables is but the dream of a madman - Mastikator

11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Fav 5e Classes, in no particular order:
    •Paladins
    •Clerics
    •Wizards
    •Bard

Fav character archetypes I enjoy the most in general:
    •Spellswords (5e: if Bladesinger had more Bladesong uses, or if Eldritch Knight had better spell options, etc)
    •Theme-focused natural casters (5e: Sorcerers, if their spell lists were much more tailored to their bloodline and if they weren't so punished by mechanics)
    •Clerics (5e: either cleric or paladin - religion-based warriors who can channel the power of their god(s) as spells, blessings, other effects, etc)
    •Capable Warriors (5e: not well represented - weapons/armors need to be overhauled and made more mechanical, dev favorites need to be dropped for "realism," barbarians need to not be so shoehorned into a specific playstyle, etc and so on)