New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Dragon Riders [IC]

𝕯𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝕽𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘

It was something of a surreal experience, one moment, you were traveling through a portal, or more aptly put, you tripped, landing in what you thought was a pool, but turns out, someone decided to leave a portal just sitting there on the ground. And the next, you were face to face with a giant lizard, reptilian eyes regarded you lazily, a vestigial eyelid slid over and back down again, as you realize the great beast was asleep!

It seemed like ages, the great beast had awoken, and spoke to you, inside your mind, and then, without warning, and what seemed to be a lifetime, you were thrown back out the portal, a group of disparate strangers staring at you with the knowing look of; 'did you just experience that? yes you did'.

And as quickly as you are all standing their, drenched in water, hair wet, and clothes seeping, you hear a loud 'pop' and you see an elderly man with a cane, "Finally! I've been looking for you all for days! The King needs to speak to you, come on, lets go!" he says, holding one hand out, signifying you to take it.

𝕯𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓'𝖘

You were awoken, after how long, you know not. The sleep took a while to shed, the slumber being long, and dark, but you awoke nonetheless, and a mortal was there to guide you, converse, and bring you back to the land of the living. Something, clicked, and you know a bond was formed, some how, some way, with this little mortal thing, and even though it disappeared back through the portal, you feel yourself fading as well, the view changes from a dark dank cave to that of bright white, snow almost blinding, atop a peak somewhere.

You know not where you are, but you can feel the pull, a small tug in a southern direction.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Dragon Riders [IC]

Shadowvar awoke slowly, revelling in his extended slumber, but pleased now in a dim way that it was over. He stretched out, feeling the air rush over his wings. He examined himself, and could see that his wounds had all healed from his massive last battle against the three drow Houses opposed to the House he had allied to. He could now feel a nagging sensation, as if there were a thought belonging to someone else somehow wedged into his mind. He pictured the small figure who had appeared through the portal, then had disappeared again. And now he sensed that this figure, previously unknown but now so vital to his interests, was somewhere to the south. He rose from the snowy peak he was upon, and looked around, seeing a small group of his brethren with him. He could see that they were freshly awakened as well, and he suspected that they had experienced the same thing as he had. "Good slumber, my kin?" he asked. "Did you all just witness small two legs come through a portal then disappear again, or was this a vision or dream that only I experienced?"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kristans eyes narrowed at the man offering his hand, ”Which king are you referring to?”

The word king comes out as almost a curse.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2021-10-07 at 07:22 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Akira snarls, her bright eyes darting all over the weird man "I answer to no king of humans. However, if these are the kings you refer to... She points with her clawed thumb towards the bottom of the pool in which she stands We might have something in common.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    Shadowvar awoke slowly, revelling in his extended slumber, but pleased now in a dim way that it was over. He stretched out, feeling the air rush over his wings. He examined himself, and could see that his wounds had all healed from his massive last battle against the three drow Houses opposed to the House he had allied to. He could now feel a nagging sensation, as if there were a thought belonging to someone else somehow wedged into his mind. He pictured the small figure who had appeared through the portal, then had disappeared again. And now he sensed that this figure, previously unknown but now so vital to his interests, was somewhere to the south. He rose from the snowy peak he was upon, and looked around, seeing a small group of his brethren with him. He could see that they were freshly awakened as well, and he suspected that they had experienced the same thing as he had. "Good slumber, my kin?" he asked. "Did you all just witness small two legs come through a portal then disappear again, or was this a vision or dream that only I experienced?"
    "They were here, all right. And they're clearly involved in our awakening - it'd be quite a coincidence if they weren't."

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Raijin awoken his eyes lifting his head like a rising snake eyes wide to his surrounding. An look of utter confusion befell his face. His wounds from his last battle were gone though some scars remained. More so it felt like a dream of some kind from ages ago. Then there was the sight of...well the western cousins. Long has it been since he met one of them though he could guess this would be a first encounter for one of his kind.

Shadowvar's response was met with a flurry of words in Raijin's native tongue. "악몽과 먼 꿈의 수면. 그 중 하나는 우리 앞에 필멸의 필멸의 존재가 나타났습니다. 이것은 당신이 경험한 것이 아닌가요?". For a moment he stopped himself to pause then recalled his words. "Apologies, I have not used the western tongue of "Common" in some while. But if you can call our sleep that then I guess so. But yes, I thought I had a dream of some mortal approaching me of which we connected. Though I see there is more to this than just a weird happening.", Raijin noted with his head to the portal. "I suppose our answers lay outside that for I thought I heard talking going on."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Sinvalle took some time to stir, though the temperature dropping substanitally made her gigantic form shiver and quake, dragons of the crimson blood reviled the cold.
    Her reptilian, golden eyes widened and opened, before she snarled, rising to her feet and stretching her wings.
    She couldn't remember how she had arrived to the icy land or why she had slept for so long, her memory was fuzzy. Likely from the two legged caster who had cast
    a spell on her....

Sinvalle couldn't stop shivering as she turned to the other dragons. The sight of the stunted, shadowy, black dragon was unslightly to her,
    while a steel skinned dragon and a... dragon? She peered at Rajin, concluding that he was indeed a dragon, just one she had not seen
    before. She kept her feelings toward the former hidden, decrepit as he might be, he was at least one of her kind.

"I don't where I am or who put me here... but this two legs you speak of seems to be responsible. I feel
    something pull upon my heart, some magic compelling me to fly towards them.
    She announced in Draconic.
    "These winds scathe my skin, I have no intention of staying here. I will satiate my hunger and find a cave, perhaps
    on this mortal who has dared to try to control me."

With that, Sinvalle flexed her wings and flapped with a great deal of force, propelling herself into the sky.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

The man dressed in an elegant dogi steadies his footing, shaking off the haze of his mind from all these abrupt travels and developments. Naze kyō? he mutters to himself, then with a firm and stern step forward, he addresses.

Such frivality and hostility. Such things are not befitting of honor. I am called Miromoto Taikashi. Please forgive me, your king? Is he more akin to a Daimyo, a Shogun, or an Emperor? I wish to know so I am to speak correctly in his presence.
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2021-10-07 at 03:05 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Hearing the man speak "Finally! I've been looking for you all for days! The King needs to speak to you, come on, lets go!"

Following the man to see what this king wanted and what it would involve, looking around at the others that were also apparently following the man.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Riders

The well dressed man frowns at you all and peers, as if waiting for some punch line, but with none forthcoming, he sighs. "Have you all lost your minds??? your king, the one who sent you on this mission, well, i guess he's not the king of all of you, but enough so that you will take his coin, what happened? It's been much longer than we had thought. Come on, let's go" as if he was talking to petulant children.

Dragons
    You seem to be on a large ridge of mountains, whose spine stretches east and westwards, the peak you are residing upon, seems to the be the tallest in both directions. To the north, you can see rolling hill sides and scrubland, rivers, and few forests, it meets the ocean further up the continent.

To the south, you see forests from the mountainside to as far as you can see.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I feel the two leg who made contact with me resides somewhere to the south. Do any of you get the same feeling or sensation?" Shadovar asks the other dragons. He prepares to fly off alone in that direction if the others do not feel the need to go with him in that direction.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Enough with the riddles! Akira clenches her fists, and small flames burst around her I have no time for meddling monkeys like you!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

The man tilts his head with confusion, "Fair enough then." he says simply, and with a snap of is fingers, vanishes.

You are all in a large cavern underground, the darkness is almost suffocating, and you can hear the slow steady drip of water upon rock.

Dragons go here
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kristan was just about to speak when the impatient man vanished. He fumbled though his pack and found a torch to light. ”Who is here with me?”he asked the darkness.

Domino chirped quietly on Kristans shoulder, There are others in the room not speaking. We should be cautious. she communicated mentally with him.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2021-10-20 at 10:08 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Taikashi is baffled by the mans rudeness, and then darkness. He searches his body for his belongings, and then draws out his two blades, holding them above his head crossed, letting their dim glow illuminate what is possible.

I am here. I am Miromoto Taikashi. Who do I speak with? Are you one of the others from before?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

”Well met, I am Kristan. Yes I believe I am one of the ones from before. It would appear we have been abandoned.

Kristan gets his torch lit and holds it aloft to survey his surroundings. See if you can find a way out. He appears to say to the air and a small piece of shadow detaches itself from his shoulder and flits off into the darkness looking for a way out.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2021-10-21 at 04:50 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

It appears there are many of us here.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    It appears there are many of us here.
    "And who might you be?"
    I like the globe warm...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

My name is evie, and who are you

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"As I mentioned to Miromoto my name is Kristan." Mentally he asks the small shadow that detached from his shoulder Any luck with finding a way out?
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2021-10-23 at 09:38 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

My name is Akira Brightscale, the small and muscular kobold half talks, half snarls I would say it's a pleasure to meet you, but if I make a quick headcount of the bared-skin monkeys around here, Im not sure if thats the case...yet. How did you all get in here?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

The cavern you are in is a large uncut room, seemingly hewn out of the roots of the mountain, the dais you all stand upon, is an intricately carved wonder, with a shimmering pool in the center, the portal where you all came form. Your light isn't enough to illuminate the whole cavern, but it is enough to see pillars, and a door..leading somewhere else, a sniff and a pulse from being alive allows you to feel the cool breeze upon your skin coming from that direction.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"My guess is...well...tis best I don't guess. I have no idea how I got here but that breeze and the flicker of the torch tells me how I will leave."
    I like the globe warm...

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

seems that bit of light shows a door and breeze are the way out, turning and walking in that direction
    Last edited by samduke; 2021-11-03 at 10:09 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

You follow the air and the light, it turns out to be a winding, cold stone staircase, as you ascend, you wonder how the light managed to get that far deep, but it becomes irrelevant as you surface to what seems like winter outside, which doesn't seem to fit with what you remember, if you remember, your memory is fuzzy as yous stumble outside.

The weather has turned, and sleet is coming down in sheets, snow is a foot thick in some places.

Spoiler
    Show

Everyone make a fort save vs Severe cold
    Cold weather protection is needed, current temp is by -10° F.

Everything is difficult terrain due to snow
    Visibility ranges are cut by half, resulting in a -4 penalty on Spot and Search checks. It has the same effect on flames, ranged weapon attacks, and Listen checks as severe wind.

Severe Cold: Unprotected characters must make a Fort save every 10 minutes (DC 15, +1 per previous check), taking (1d6)[2] points of nonlethal damage on each failed save. A partially protected character need only check once per hour.

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

“Gods be damned at this cold.” Kristan curses under his breath as he wraps himself against the cold.

Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+21)[32]
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2021-11-12 at 03:59 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

As you all step out onto the snow, easily overcoming the inclement weather, it crunches under your feet as you move further outwards. How did you get here? your memories are suspiciously blank on that, you recall everything up to a few days ago, and then the strange dreams of being in front of a Dragon? was it all just a dream? or had it been real? Shaking your head, the fuzz doesn't lift from your mind as you move further away from the entrance. You move through a large crevasse in the mountain side, which is protecting you from the majority of the winter storm that has kicked up around you, but as you wind your way through, you find it opens out to a small plateau on the edge of the mountain. You are still very high up, and looking down, you can see forests, hills, and plains below.

A plume of smoke climbs into the sky not too far off in what seems like a small hamlet near a small woods. The weather having not hit them yet, perhaps it was local to the mountainside and wouldn't, you couldn't quite tell, but it didn't seem to be moving as of yet.

A small voice appeared in your minds, a child like voice, innocent and pure "Watch out, everything is not as it seems, You have broken the seals and you will reap and sow what comes after that." looking around you cannot pin point anyone, or thing, again, it enters your mind "You have broken the seals and you will reap and sow what comes after that..." the voice fades as you move forward, with a pulse, as if you passed through some invisible threshold, or barrier, a flash of light and then you are through, turning around, you see nothing but the side of the mountain, the entrance is gone.

You feel an incredible urge to go seek out the fire below.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kristan heads towards the fire and promise of warmth.
    I like the globe warm...

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Yahmindok stretches his wings a little before heading towards the light in the distance. The cold was no trouble, but a voice in his head was cause for some concern.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Evie finding the cold a bit much starting to look about for shelter when hearing the voice. Somewhere below there is warmth, it was better than freezing so evie turns and heads down towards the fire.