New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: New Worlds, Strange Artifacts IC

"And saving an entire world from a fate worse than death can go a long way to restoring honor, Manami. And we can provide proof of that that will not be disputed. In any world. As Light said, your greatest wishes are what we offer in compensation. Believe us, if you succeed, you will have earned it. Your task will not be easy."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Manami sits down, and pulls out a thin cigar. She pulls her swords across her lap as she smokes, thinking.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"There is sadly, no time for contemplation. Either step forward, receive our gifts and your mission, or be stranded here with no wealth or purpose. The choice is yours, but make it now." Civilization says, posture unyielding.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Amafrey

Amafrey looked upset and conflicted, obviously torn between her pride and deep reluctance to anchor herself to another patron on the one hand and her fear of losing her magic on the other hand. Whichever way she chose the look she directed at Magic was very far from friendly.

The half-elven woman glanced at the others from her world wondering what they were thinking.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

The Avatar in dwarf shape, Craft, shakes his head and spits.

"listen, ain't nobody happy 'bout this. Us included. We're nearly omnipotent beings used to having complete control of our domains, you think we like asking for help? Feeling helpless? No. We hate it as much as you hate this, but the fact of the matter is the moment you got here, you got out into the same boat as the rest of us. Because this bastard wants to destroy everything in Caria, and the moment you got here you became apart of that everything. So toss whatever else is in your heads out. This is about your survival, pure and simple. And we aren't the ones trying to kill you, we're trying to kill the one who is, and make no mistake, he'll come for you. Your meer existence is a threat to his.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-08 at 10:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Nodding quietly and almost imperceptibly Kristan steps forward, Of course it is death, what else could it be? I suppose you can read my thoughts as well? he thinks specifically at Death.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2021-10-08 at 10:20 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Gloria half smiled at Growth's comment. Being a force for change, that was something that had never really occurred to her. she had mostly focused on the fight in front of her, and making sure she could live her own life by her own rules. But what he said, that was something worth fighting for.

She glanced at her reluctant fellows. On the one hand, she got their concerns about deals, and divine goals. Promises to give them everything they want sure sounded suspicious. And the Death person seemed to be hiding something...

But on the other- gods.Or Avatars, or whatever. These days Gloria knew not to start fights she couldn't win.

"Looks like you got us by short hairs." Gloria said with a wry grin. "Point me at the problem; I'll take care of it."
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Nodding quietly and almost imperceptibly Kristan steps forward, Of course it is death, what else could it be? I suppose you can read my thoughts as well? he thinks specifically at Death.
    "When you about it at me like that I do, but looking without permission is a despicable thing." Death says apologetically.

" and this is not for the reasons you think. I am-well, patron to those who have lost their path or become dissuaded from it. Your world called you "fallen" But I hate that term. It makes it sound as if you've failed. But people change. Faith and convictions change. I offer a stop gap, a place to wait and together yourself while you deal with this change.
    "

Death smiles at you in the real world as his voice resonates in your head.

"and between you and I, Light wanted you badly, she is Patron of Assimar, and favors them like magic favors elves. but I think her attitude and self righteousness is not what you need. You need understanding, not judgment. And I'm death, who am I to judge anyone? "

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    "There is sadly, no time for contemplation. Either step forward, receive our gifts and your mission, or be stranded here with no wealth or purpose. The choice is yours, but make it now." Civilization says, posture unyielding.
    Then you should not have let him, Manami says, gesturing at Death, say that he could allot thirty minute for this. That gives me the time to think on it.

She blows smoke through her nose as she narrowed her eyes.

And if you do not like it, strike me down now.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Spamalot in the Playground

Astraxia

The tabaxi seems intrigued of this world, its plight, and the connection back home. She doesn't show the hesitation some of the others appear to have,

"I sense that this is a great calling for any mortal; an honor to be chosen as one to shoulder such a weight that would save many should we succeed," Astraxia says with conviction. "I have devoted much of my life to protecting others from wickedness; all peoples should be free from fear, no matter what world they walk. I accept this task."

Should she bow or something? Astraxia isn't sure what the avatars do for protocol here, so Astraxia bows her head a little to Nature.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

”I guess the young or unwise would think that light reaches everyone but in the end death takes us all. Your offer is accepted.”
    I like the globe warm...

12. - Top - End - #42

BlackDragon

Amafrey

Amafrey stuck out her jaw stubbornly, arms still folded protectively across her chest. "Well it seems we are trapped here, so we must destroy this shadow thing. Very well I'll help do that. But I refuse your 'gifts' and I refuse you Magic. I've had chains enough in my life to accept another, no matter how well intentioned. If there are secrets and ways to be found I'll find them myself."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Death looks at Manami and nods, then shoots a look at Magic when she opens her mouth to speak.
    "We can give them thirty minutes to catch their breath." Death sighs at the others as he wipes his brow.

"I can move up my 2 o'clock and still make it to the soul admissions hearings by 5, but that's only if you busy bodies can stop making this take so long." surprisingly, this is directed at the other Avatars, who nod on varying degrees of acceptance and step back, giving the offworlders space. Death meanwhile moves to a side away from the others and begins to write and send a flurry of letters, summoning crows and pigeons to carry them, as he keeps up some kind of business correspondence rapidly.

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Death meanwhile moves to a side away from the others and begins to write and send a flurry of letters, summoning crows and pigeons to carry them, as he keeps up some kind of business correspondence rapidly.
    Astraxia is enchanted by such useful magic; she's seen druids do this before, but not on this grand a scale! It could probably put the pony express out of business if they had this back home.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kristan looks around and thinks really, really hard about something to sit in or on instead of the ground.
    I like the globe warm...

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Nothing happens as Kristan focuses. The summoned stand awkwardly, shuffling from foot to foot, waiting for someone to break the silence.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

”What is the first step we need to take then?”
    I like the globe warm...

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Saving a world. Restoring honor….

Does saving someone else world restore honor?

Not for what you have done…

No. For what we were said to have done. We did nothing wrong.

So. This offer then. It does what?

It might let us gain enough honor to stand before the Imperial court and face death with dignity…

To face death with dignity… Now
    that is a worthy cause, and a fair price.

Manami stands. She places her half smoked cigar back where it came from.

She takes two steps toward War and bows.

My steel is yours.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #49

Astraxia brightens to see everyone slowly coming on board this adventure, though she'll have to press them for names later. She does nod in agreement to Kristan's question. What was the first step?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"Good, then we proceed."

Light says, summoning a glowing staff and slamming it into the false ground.

"As you are now, you are not a match for the Outsider. He has steeped in this world's power for millennia. He carries tricks from both our world and yours. To face him, you too must be armed with both."

As she speaks Light gestures to the others, and each of the 5 who stood before step forward.

"Each one of your patrons has crafted a magic item to aid you in this fight. It is not a gift or charity, you will likely perish without them. These artifacts will grow with you as your bodies become adapted to this world and you reach your peak potential. They are essential weapon in this war."

Death steps forward first and holds out his hand, from the depths they here a rumbling before a sword leaps from the earth and into his hand. The blade of the weapon is made of bone, with a crossguard made from two skeletal hands, and a handle and pommel of black metal. The black metal pommel is cast in the shape of a dark skull.

"The Sword of Living Bone." he says as he presents the weapon to Kristan.

Nature steps closer to Astraxia and holds out a hand, from it grows a series of twisting roots, writhing until a long, shafted weapon forms.

In her hands she now holds a spear with a stylized dark oaken shaft with a leaf motif burned into the dark lacquered wood. A tip of bronze that seems to always reflect light as if through a forest's filtered light adorns the end.

"The Spear of shifting leaves, for a scout of my woods." Nature says, offering the weapon to her.

Growth seems to shimmer into the form of a goblin, now holding in his hands a set of half plate.

"The Half Plate of Progress. For a sower of change" he says with a grin.

Magic smiles as she steps forward and waves a hand, and a brilliantly crafted silver rod with 5 large sapphires making up it’s crown in an almost Pentagonal pattern materializes before her.

"The Staff of Glorious Magic! A weapon Befitting one of my people!" she says with a smile and a twirl of the focus before offering it to Amafrey.

War steps forward and calmly unslings a bow from his back whose limbs are made of sharpened Black steel, and a woven steel cord as a bow string. He swings the bow and one limb retracts while the other lengthens and straightens, the bow string wraps around the newly formed blades base. Now in katana form, the bows steel cord is wrapped around the pommel and the blade has the same appearance as the bow’s limbs, but is less curved and slightly longer. Doubled up wire wrapped against itself creates a guard.

"Ronnins Regret" War whispers simply, the weapons name carrying more explanation than anything else he could say.

As one, the Avatars hand the weapons to the corresponding party members.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    item descriptions will be posted in the OOC as soon as I can. So give me a moment or two and I'll have them up.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-09 at 06:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

BlackDragon

Amafrey

Amafrey looked at the wand with visible longing for a moment, then shook her head and kept her arms folded. "I said I will help destroy this shadow thing but I also said I don't want your gifts and I mean both Magic. I'll do this without being a servant."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kristan bows his head slightly to Death and takes the sword as it is offered to him. Giving it a test swing or two.
    I like the globe warm...

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Craft chuckles as Magic struggles to maintain a straight face.

"I respect your caution, lass. And your stubbornness even more. But this isn't a bribe, it's vital equipment. You can hand it straight back to Magics conniving hands when yer done with it, ain't nobody gonna be offended, but ye go out there without it and ye'll die, sure as a hammer shapes metal. But I'll give ye my word that there isn't anything funky with yer equipment, I made most of em meself. And ye might not have any reason to trust me, but for what it's worth, I won't let our mischievous Magic screw you over. But I don't want to see any of you get killed because you rightly didn't trust my sister.

Magic glares but Craft just shrugs. There's no point in denying the truth.

24. - Top - End - #54

BlackDragon

Amafrey

Amafrey turned her green eyes towards Craft. "You speak well sir, and I admit that it is hard to argue against that. And yet Light spoke of a connection between us and our avatars, something I dread as much as any treachery." She glanced sideways at the beautiful Magic and shivered. Maybe she was being paranoid but she found it hard to trust someone that beautiful.

Amafrey turned away from Magic. "I've been through that before. If I absolutely must have the aid of one of you I won't bow to the one already chosen for me. I'll chose - you," she pointed an elegant finger, the nail painted darkest purple at the Halfling. "You, Emotion. Help me, for as long as I am stuck here and not a moment longer."
    Last edited by RossN; 2021-10-09 at 08:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"That sounds like....work. I don't do that, like, ever. I'm more of a- a passive Avatar."

He takes a puff of his own cigar, which smells odd to everyone present.

"Besides, it isn't really a choice. You can't choose who you pull power from. There's a bit of overlap here and there, but without being connected to Magic, arcane forces do not work here. And your magic is very much arcane."

26. - Top - End - #56

BlackDragon

Amafrey

Amafrey narrowed her eyes at the little halfling. "And yet your opponent seems to be doing just fine. That alone means there is a way, somewhere, somehow."

She took a deep breath and shook her head. "I will take my chances with my wits alone then - and find my own path to power. Better death than slavery - again." Amafrey turned to Magic and said. "Also I am not one of your people, so claim no sway over my soul. Human blood and human stubbornness runs through my veins milady."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Manami bows as she takes the weapon.

Thank you.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"Our foe has been here for thousands of years, his mystical might is on par with our own, as shamed as we are to admit it. Perhaps if you plan on staying here for that long, learning secrets lost even to us, then perhaps you shall find a way."

Nature turns her nose up at Amafrey, clearly upset by the stubborness in a situation she deems unchangeable.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"Magic and Steel to match your skill, young warrior. I look forward to raising a glass when you attain victory."

30. - Top - End - #60

BlackDragon

Amafrey

Amafrey says nothing, but simply stands, arms resolutely folded as the others accept their gifts.