New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: New Worlds, Strange Artifacts IC

Gloria blinks in surprise at the offering. This whole situation... didn't feel quite real. She joked about being an adventurer meant you had to be ready for everything, and she had proven her worth and skill to many. But something like this... a gift and sponsorship from a god, a mission to save an entire world, that seemed so far beyond someone like her. But this God- Change- saw something in her. Gloria wanted to prove herself worth of Change's trust.

Gloria took the half plat with a smile and a half bow. "Just what I always wanted."

Her new gift in hand, Gloria glanced at her new companions. To her surprise, the white haired woman stuck to her decision to refuse the gift. Admittedly part of Gloria thought she was being stupidly reckless to spurn a god, but something in her tone and words struck a familiar ring. Wanting to be free from others whims and obligations, their thoughts about what you should be. Gloria knew what that felt like.

Out loud, Gloria joked, "If you don't want it, I'll take it. Magic isn't exactly my strong suit, but I learn fast."

Maybe if someone, anyone, had the thing, it would be enough. And if these things really were cursed, better for her to be double cursed so one of them was free.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    For the record, no, Gloria is not expecting to get the staff. Just amused me for the least magically qualified person to offer.
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Glories words, perhaps luckily, go unheard by the enraged Magic

"You insolent Half Breed!" Magic snarls, her ever present smile turning into a sinister curve of the lips.
    "What independence and your own merit do you speak of? Your whole life has been spent riding on the coattails of a pathetic succubus, every ounce of magic, every bit of power and skill you possess, is not a Smidgeon your own! You are nothing but a lazy, ungrateful-"

"ENOUGH!." the bellow rips everyone's head to the normally soft spoken form of Death, who is now standing between Amafrey and the advancing Magic.
    "I warned you. I warned EACH of you that pulling innocents into our realm, kidnapping them, to fight our war, was wrong. I told you that they would not respond as you expected, that the people of their realm are hardy and self sufficient. Did you listen? Apparently not. This woman has shown admirable bravery today, you will not harm her, sister. " he spits the words like a curse.
    "Send them on now, Light. We will get no more done here but yelling and wounded childish pride."

Light nods and waves her hand, and each of the you slowly swirl away in blinding light. As you do, you all hear deaths voice in your heads, almost at a whisper:
    "Stick together, you will need each of each other to survive this mess. Amafrey, left pocket when you arrive. He will help you. Trust only he, Jack, and Riktor. No one else."

And then you are gone.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

You materialize in a wooded area near dusk, all together, items equipped and donned, except for Amafrey, who feels her magic more distantly than ever before.

You are alone as the crickets chirp and the lightning bugs slowly rise.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

At least the second time went a bit smoother.

Manami looks around at the area.

But considering we aren't from around here, they could have given us a map or directions to the nearest town.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Spamalot in the Playground

Astraxia

Astraxia bows and takes the spear. "Thank you." She studies it; the weight, the balance, the sharpness of the tip. A tool to defeat the evil that had been thrust into this world from her own. Perhaps it didn't look like much, but magic seldom was easy to grok at a mere glance. If it was, her job would have been too easy back home.

After her examination, she wanted to ask the half-elf something, but then the group was teleported? They were certainly somewhere else.

"A map, a guide, something would be useful, yes. I can only hope that their sun is setting in the west." Astraxia studies the surroundings; she gets her bearings and will judge what direction may let the group towards civilization, if such a thing could be even determined from here. If not, perhaps a stream or river for fresh water. Survival is priority one in the tabaxi's mind.

Survival (1d20+8)[25]
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kristan addresses the group a moment, ”If you will allow me a few minutes I’d be curious to see what a spell I have would summon. If there is no objections he will take 10 minutes and cast Find Steed.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Amafrey

Amafrey shivered and checked herself, just to make sure she was in one piece. The half elf was looking more rattled now that she was actually away from the Avatars.

"That was intense," she murmured, turning to look at the others. "I guess introductions are in order. I'm Amafrey, originally from Baldur's Gate."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

As Kristan finishes his spell there is a rumble in the earth for a moment before loose dirt shakes away as a large skeletal horse clad in torn barring pulls itself from the ground. It shakes its non-existent mane and moves quickly to your side, foreskull rubbing against your arm like a living horse would it's head.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It uses the Skeleton Warhorse stats but ignore the alignment.

Spoiler: Survival Check
    Show

There are clear signs of animals in the woods, and your keen ears pick up a creek nearby.

But more importantly in your searching you find a map laying near where you were summoned, on it is circled a crop of Trees labeled "Falkner Woods" which you assume to be your location. Another location nearby is circled, a small hamlet apparently called "Falkners rest". Both are circled in soft yellow ink.

9. - Top - End - #69

Astraxia

The summoned skeletal horse is a concerning sight. It doesn't look hostile however. It's just... well it is skeletal, and Xia's past experiences with the undead were never fun. She then spots the map on the ground and picks it up, a welcomed find. Astraxia probably should have asked for a sandwich to go with the map, haha. She picks it up and orients herself. "Baulder's Gate is nostalgic with me. I was originally from there, though these days the land around Neverwinter is more my home."

She shows the map to the group. "Seems we were given a guide after all. There is a creek nearby if we need water, and then we should head to this little hamlet marked on the map--Falkners rest."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kristan chuckles at the sight of the skeletal horse and smiles as he puts it on its head. ”Welcome, my friend. A sight you are to behold.”
    I like the globe warm...

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

The horse whinnies deep in its rattling rib cage, and tosses its head. Despite being a skeleton it seems the perfect picture of a content horse.

12. - Top - End - #72

BlackDragon

Amafrey

Despite herself Amafrey couldn't help but smile at the sight of the skeletal steed. "And here I thought I'd be the creepy one. I am a magician... or at least I was back in Faerun."

Recalling Death's words the young woman searched her pockets.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

As the others chatted, Gloria busied herself with equipping her new armor. She idly wondered if she'd be able to sell her old armor for anywhere near the amount she spent on it. Actually, since this was a whole new world, they might not have currency systems anything like the ones back home. Best to be prepared for anything. Which was another reason to equip her fancy new armor.

Once she was set she turned back and sees the new steed. "Oh, neat. I'm Gloria, by the way."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kristan removed his gloves and extended a hand to those that had introduced themselves. Shaking each firmly and staring into their eyes in turn. His pupilless gaze belying his heritage. ”I am Kristan, a … I guess now a former paladin of the Radiant Heart. It seems we are now companions whether we like it or not.”
    I like the globe warm...

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

As Amafrey reaches into her pocket she finds a small rectangle of stiff paper. On it in looping script are the words:

"Schmitt Co. Supplier of oddities and items for the discerning Adventurer."

On the back are simple instructions written in similar script:

"Place to any map and say the command word "Schmitty" for easy access to the best gear in Caria."

A symbol is embossed on the paper, two wands crossed over what appears to be a rock. With the words "Schmitt Co" underneath in a banner.

16. - Top - End - #76

Astraxia

Astraxia shakes Kristan's hand and nods to everyone introducing themselves. "Well, I'd like to think that I am not difficult to get along with. Now, if you are a dog person, there might be some tension." She winks, clearing showing it's her attempt at humor.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #77

BlackDragon

Amafrey

"Don't eat my owl, and we'll get on famously," Amafrey said, shaking hands.

The warlock studied the card she discovered read the instructions to herself, then looked up. "May I see that map please?"

Assuming there was no objection she placed the card on the map and said "Schmitty."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Do we know which direction this village is?"
    I like the globe warm...

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

As Amafrey touches the card to the map and utters the words, a thin gold line begins to trace itself. It starts at your circled location on the map, and ends about halfway through the woods. On your way to the village, as it happens. It's either luck or avatar intervention.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Kristan removed his gloves and extended a hand to those that had introduced themselves. Shaking each firmly and staring into their eyes in turn. His pupilless gaze belying his heritage. ”I am Kristan, a … I guess now a former paladin of the Radiant Heart. It seems we are now companions whether we like it or not.”
    Takahashi Manami, the young samurai says. She does not take the hand, but instead bows from the waist.

When she straightens, she slides a cone up her back until it rests atop her head, and you realize that it is a hat. She adjusts her swords at her side, which seems to be a bit of a challenge, since there are three of them now. At last she finds a configuration she likes, or at least can tolerate.

She takes a few steps forward, and looks up and around them into the trees.

Dog people will not be our problem. Our problem will be the kitsune. They like to draw the unwary into deep forests so they can hunt them.

We should go.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by RossN View Post
    "Don't eat my owl, and we'll get on famously," Amafrey said, shaking hands.
    The warlock studied the card she discovered read the instructions to herself, then looked up. "May I see that map please?"
    There were no objections, Astraxia handed over the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    "Do we know which direction this village is?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    [COLOR="#006400"]We should go.
    Astraxia points the way. "We must travel in this direction to find the hamlet. I will lead the way. Everyone watch your surroundings. The woods may have animals we have never seen before. Some may be hungry."

She begins the march towards the hamlet.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2021-10-10 at 10:28 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #82

BlackDragon

Amafrey

Amafrey slipped the card carefully back into her pocket, then extended her arm and gave an odd, bird-like whistle.

A large owl materialised, clinging to her arm. It had white feathers with black flecks and golden eyes that studied the group. The half-elven woman affectionately patted it's head. "Off you go Sypharian. Find a nice field mouse for supper and keep watch while you are at it."

She watched the bird take flight, then joined Astraxia, handing back the map as she did so.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kristan mounts his 'horse' and trots it to the front of the group to lead the way.
    I like the globe warm...

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

By examining the map together, the party is able to ascertain that the village lies roughly a 2 day journey away. The secondary location is on that same path, and only 1 day of travel from your position.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Two days. And it is growing dark. We should find somewhere to camp, but the greater question is how long do we continue tonight before stopping?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

”Assuming the day and night cycles are the same as our own here.”
    I like the globe warm...

27. - Top - End - #87

"I would say we should stop at least half an hour before sunset, so that we can gather materials for camp while we have light," Astraxia says.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #88

BlackDragon

Amafrey

Amafrey nods in agreement at Astraxia's suggestion. "That sounds good." The half elf hesitated and looked down at her clothes, which were more fashionable than wilderness orientated. She usually relied on her magic to keep such clean, but now, who knew?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Gloria leaned over the map, surprised. "Nice map. Where'd you get it?"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Unless things are very different here, sundown will not be long from now. Perhaps we should find a place to camp for the night, and make sure we find someplace defensible while we have the benefit of light.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!