New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Chef E6 Appetizer Edition, Round XXXV

I'll have the reveal and the next contest up later today!

I've got the next ingredient picked out, but feel free to speculate and/or discuss.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I posted that less than 24 hours ago, so for a very generous definition of "today," we're good.

Name Alignment / Race Class Levels Chef Judge 1: loky1109 Judge 2: daremetoidareyo Total Place
    Bulgy TN Anthropomorphic Weasel Druid 1 / Binder 5 MinimanMidget 13.25 18.75 32 2nd
    Chami TN Human Binder 5 / Chameleon 1 Quentinas 12.25 16.5 28.75 4th
    Jack's Adventuring Solutions TN Silverbrow Human Binder 5 / Chameleon 1 AsuraKyoko 12.25 17.25 29.5 3rd
    Stuffy Doll CE Warforged Binder 5 / Crusader 1 The Viscount 11.75 17.75 29.5 3rd
    Terae LG Elan Paladin 1 / Binder 4 / Knight of the Sacred Seal 1 Quentinas 13.5 19 32.5 1st

Congrats to everyone! Looks like all of our chefs managed to get at least one build on the podium this round, and you know what, I love seeing that. Thanks to loky1109 and daremetoidareyo for taking on the hard task of judging! I'll have the next round up as soon as I can.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Congratulations everyone!

This was a really cool round, and I had a lot of fun making an old fashioned sort of single concept showcase build, riding the premise as far out as I could get. I've wondered about using Dahlver-nar's ability offensively for a while, and I thought there was enough vagueness in the wording of the ability to get in some of the old "apply in the most beneficial manner." I've never been able to find support to make it airtight, but I figured I might throw it out and see what happens.
    Kolyarut Avatar by Potatocubed.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Viscount View Post
    I had a lot of fun making an old fashioned sort of single concept showcase build, riding the premise as far out as I could get.
    Same here. I thought about embracing versatility, but I knew other entries would cover that better than I could've done.

Thanks dare and loky for judging, and Zaq for running this whole show (and for doing a Binder round, as I think I was the only one asking for it). And congratulations to all my fellow competitors!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

I made an Amon build that revolves around a bunch of metabreath feats, but that’s not really a build so much as a tour of metabreath stacking

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I somehow managed to miss the Ability Score section when copying over my entry, which is super embarrassing! I'm glad that people liked my lore snippet, as it was fun to come up with something unique that conveyed what my concept was, but without actually spelling it out.