New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1458
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    I'm not sure I did say this, but I don't doubt there is something you can read this way. I might even have stated it explicitly? Sorry if you feel like I treat you unfair.

Everyone please note I don't think Captain Cap is more likely to be a wolf for proposing the plan.
    However, I think the plan is more risky if it was made by a wolf. Especially since we would allow a claimed roleblocker to go into the night, which would hurt our chances at getting another use of my power.
    This means it is more dangerous to let him live, but if you think he is more likely to be town than scum, don't let the plan stop you from saying so.

- - - Updated - - -

Town points for AV. She said the truth about her power. She could still lie about her alignment, technically, but I trust her.
    Also, Meta is locked town now.

Also, I got an answer from Unavenger. The ultimate question is something I can use.
    First things first, Bless you AV, you've given us at least 1 more SK free towny to trust.

Second, Anyone who has block and protection powers, protect Rogan at all costs, I know I'm doing a 180 from yesterday, but I did not truly grasp his strength until we really discussed the Ultimate question. If he can survive and get it off....We need that. Even if it's just a snowballs chance in a Las Vegas Summer.

Sorry AV that you didn't catch the killer, but strong town points for it working. As rogan said its not an inarguable role delcration, but your going in my town list on a permanent basis unless something insane happens, because that was solid truth that you've proved.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'll ask it too. Now they have to kill us both to survive. Baners and motion detectors, on your marks!
    wait, you can do that? you have a mimicry style ability, or something to that effect??? Holy crap that is the best use of that power if so. I know all your stuff is a one shot, but do it. Use it. if-if either of you can get that ability off, we are set.

Unless you are somehow both cooridinating on of the most convulted and convinving lies I've ever seen, And I don't think you are. But if by some miracle you DID, then you deserve that win because I highly doubt you faked all of this craziness.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-21 at 11:32 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    CHH-CHUNG!

METASTACHYDIUM survived!
    Truth is my shield; I hold it high and no harm can reach me!

[Smugly.] Well, well. Anything you'd want to add, Fext?

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Can be a hint he does not have a night power.

This comment clearing AV was BEFORE the communication to the wolves was supposed to be established.

The first guess/purple vote. So the supposed first wolf target. Also saying that The Cape is the reason, which is in line with the explanation.

The second vote/guess, for AV this time.

The RAC mentioning.

Saying he knows Elenna won't be the target.

Hinting he knows AV is the target and will die.

Again, in line with the explanation.

Everything seems to fit so far. If this is all a lie by Gac, he prepared it for some time. No really strong hints about his power by now, but some very subtle things are included. They are hard to spot, even in hindsight.

I think I can allow myself to change my read. Going head vs wall would hurt.
    I'm confused by this. First you point out that he defends AV before he recieved info about AV, then you say everything fits? I do agree the other stuff fits, but that bit is weird.

gac, for your original statement defending AV, was that based on deadchat info?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post

Once again Operation: "Kill Fext soon" is looking pretty good.

Yo Blade, you willing to drop a stabby stab on them tonight? with all of the blocks going off on multiple targets somebodies action is bound to get through.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-21 at 11:34 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1175

And before I'd forget: thank you, AV! It might just be the bias speaking, but you're fresh out of my list of KILL 'EM! KILL 'EM! class personnel.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Imagine if the answer is something along the lines of: TOO MUCH INFORMATION. Would be kinda funny.
    It would and I could not blame them from a balance standpoint. But I don't expect this.
    When I asked about Snows POE, I was paranoid the answer might be "Wrong. CaoimhinTheCape is not in this list", but Unavenger assured me she would not do this but go by the spirit of the Statement/Question.

So if I got an answer like that, I would assume you just use an all caps day action.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    wait, you can do that? you have a mimicry style ability, or something to that effect??? Holy crap that is the best use of that power if so. I know all your stuff is a one shot, but do it. Use it. if-if either of you can get that ability off, we are set.
    I think she's joking.

8. - Top - End - #1178

First things first, Bless you AV, you've given us at least 1 more SK free towny to trust.

Second, Anyone who has block and protection powers, protect Rogan at all costs, I know I'm doing a 180 from yesterday, but I did not truly grasp his strength until we really discussed the Ultimate question. If he can survive and get it off....We need that. Even if it's just a snowballs chance in a Las Vegas Summer.

Sorry AV that you didn't catch the killer, but strong town points for it working. As rogan said its not an inarguable role delcration, but your going in my town list on a permanent basis unless something insane happens, because that was solid truth that you've proved.

Unless you are somehow both cooridinating on of the most convulted and convinving lies I've ever seen, And I don't think you are. But if by some miracle you DID, then you deserve that win because I highly doubt you faked all of this craziness.
    They are a JoAT. A single question makes sense.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2021-10-21 at 11:36 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1179

Does ♣ mean anything specific Metastachydium? You posted it at least two times.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

10. - Top - End - #1180

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    And my SK read was wrong.

*sigh* oh well. Welcome to the actual towncore as opposed to the not-wolf-core, Meta.
    Sorry to disappoint!

- - - Updated - - -

Does ♣ mean anything specific Metastachydium? You posted it at least two times.
    I use it as a divider and not just in this thread.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2021-10-21 at 11:38 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Okay, the ultimate question sounds too OP not to at least try. Switching my vote to Captain Cap. Good night Rogan, I'll most likely lynch you tomorrow.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

12. - Top - End - #1182

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    I'm confused by this. First you point out that he defends AV before he recieved info about AV, then you say everything fits? I do agree the other stuff fits, but that bit is weird.

gac, for your original statement defending AV, was that based on deadchat info?
    I was surprised/skeptical at first, yes. But on reading further, I realized that Cao could/would have to give some info before the other wolves can be contacted. Which is in line with the "Would you believe me if I say it's something Cao said " comment a bit later.

I want to check out the claimed timeline as well, to see if it fits. But going by memory (which is fuzzy) it would fit.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    I think she's joking.
    Nope. One of my oneshot circumstantial abilities is the ability to copy another person's power. It fails if I don't name the power I'm using, or if I fail to use it correctly. For example, if I wanted to bane AvatarVecna, it would be insufficent to say "Bane self" or to say "TAKE TO THE SKIES", I'd need to say "TAKE TO THE SKIES: AvatarVecna". (In this exampe, "TAKE TO THE SKIES" is a theoretical name for a theoretical bane ability that I can't be sure anybody actually has.)

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1184

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Sorry Rogan. I lied. I'm a necromancer. I can provide full quotes after work if desired but for now you get the quick version

I have one and only one power. Access to the dead chat.

I told Cape when he died that I was a neutral and that he should help me with my power. All I would need is a single name each night. I told him I was the person from iZombie and that each night I can pick one person and if they die that night, I get to eat their brain fresh and get a single use of one of their powers. This was all, utter rubbish.

I knew this would be a long con but I didn't see how else to effectively use my power, especially when the first death was a wolf. I wasn't even going to come forward yet but this whole mess with AV apparently being a townie and Rogans lie made me feel confident to come forward.

Cape fed me barely anything at first. He said it would be end of night before I got a name and I wasn't sure I could trust it even once I got it. The first name I was given for the wolf kill, Elenna. Then it changed to Avatar Vecna. Made them my purple votes in a plan to try to signal the wolves that they could message me and manipulate my vote. As the deal was I vote on a pro wolf wagon in exchange for these names.

They didn't catch on so I asked Cape if there was a "no incriminating quote" I could take word for word from their chat to draw their attention. He gave me the quote about how in Red Atlantic Cruise, we weren't wolves, just town with extra win condition. The quote was true and I checked Cape against the list to make sure he didn't just say it. Only five of us were spies in that game and in this game. Me, xi, aV, Snow, and Elena. So I assumed it was Xi, with Snow as my backup. Then Xi died. So it's snow unless wolves wanting to kill Elenna was a lie.

Then I was given the code word Absolutely because wolves finally figured it out. So I used it a bunch to make sure they didn't miss it. I was going to wait things out. I genuinely thought Fext was a wolf because I concluded that he would want AV dead. Then when AV announced their near death, I trusted that name.

Then it was quiet until this Rogan nonsense started. I asked the wolves publically through code and Cape privately if I should do anything about Rogan. That I had a plan for undermining him. If they said yes I should, I was going to put myself. If they said no, I was going to see what happened because why would Wolf!Rogan do that when I know AV isn't a wolf.

Then Cape even went as far as telling me to be like book and just grab some popcorn. So I assume book is also a wolf.
    Hmm, so I was remembering wrong. In this post, the first info was the Elenna kill. So that's a small contradiction.
    Which could happen for both alignments, I guess.

I think gac should give us some quotes. If he is faking things, he might as well put some more work into this matter.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1185

Nope. One of my oneshot circumstantial abilities is the ability to copy another person's power. It fails if I don't name the power I'm using, or if I fail to use it correctly. For example, if I wanted to bane AvatarVecna, it would be insufficent to say "Bane self" or to say "TAKE TO THE SKIES", I'd need to say "TAKE TO THE SKIES: AvatarVecna". (In this exampe, "TAKE TO THE SKIES" is a theoretical name for a theoretical bane ability that I can't be sure anybody actually has.)
    Reminds me of what fext said about their pick having the power of flight.
    Lot of these powers require seemingly a lot of information...
    Can you copy the powers of dead players? Would be funny to see what would happen if you copied the mafia's factional kill.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

Reminds me of what fext said about their pick having the power of flight.
    Lot of these powers require seemingly a lot of information...
    Can you copy the powers of dead players? Would be funny to see what would happen if you copied the mafia's factional kill.
    I asked. I can't copy the powers of the dead. I also can't copy my own powers. This is a big part of why I've considered that power extremely circumstantial. Like if on day 1 I'd said "free extra scry, free extra scry, out yourself to me and get a single extra scry, all you gotta do is tell me exactly how your seer power works", I did not imagine many people would be clamoring to take that deal.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Pixie in the Playground

CHH-CHUNG!

METASTACHYDIUM survived!
    oh cool so he's town if that's what it actually does

- - - Updated - - -

could be moon but we can worry about that later

18. - Top - End - #1188

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I’m not trying to be a killjoy, Supagoof. Fun posts are great, it’s just that fun posts and content that helps me work out your alignment would be even better.
    I've claimed it directly. I am town, for your edification. If I claim it sneakily, you'll say that wolfy. So either way, I don't think I can make you happy.

I think if I post in a clever way
    Am I doing it right or wrong

To each their own, I must say
    Over and over again
    While those who read between the lines
    Never quite see what's going on.

I'll ask it too. Now they have to kill us both to survive. Baners and motion detectors, on your marks!
    Roger roger.

This worries me, like - a LOT.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post

welcome :)

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

I asked. I can't copy the powers of the dead. I also can't copy my own powers. This is a big part of why I've considered that power extremely circumstantial. Like if on day 1 I'd said "free extra scry, free extra scry, out yourself to me and get a single extra scry, all you gotta do is tell me exactly how your seer power works", I did not imagine many people would be clamoring to take that deal.
    Did Rogan give you the exact name of his power then? If he did great! If not, Rogan, provide'th the woman with the answer. It is the best plan we have.

21. - Top - End - #1191

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    This worries me, like - a LOT.
    Why? AV wants to use her power to copy my ability. I didn't tell her my power name yet, but I am going to do so during the night.

Is there a good reason to think giving AV my power name would hurt town?
    I guess it would make it a bit easier to guess my Character, but that's a risk I am willing to take.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Why? AV wants to use her power to copy my ability. I didn't tell her my power name yet, but I am going to do so during the night.

Is there a good reason to think giving AV my power name would hurt town?
    I guess it would make it a bit easier to guess my Character, but that's a risk I am willing to take.
    I think it's one you need to. If we can get a shot of your truth serum check off, were gonna be in buisness.

23. - Top - End - #1193

I had different thoughts. The monkey's paw is not one to be trifled with.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

Did Rogan give you the exact name of his power then? If he did great! If not, Rogan, provide'th the woman with the answer. It is the best plan we have.
    I think Rogan was waiting until nightfall (and my power usage) to do that.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1195

ClericGuy

I think Rogan was waiting until nightfall (and my power usage) to do that.
    That's my intention.
    It's probably not important, but I can't see how waiting could hurt our chances.
    Claiming early would give everyone time to guess my concept name, which might be harmful. If I were really paranoid, I would wait till few minutes before EoN , but that's not something I would want to try. Too much risk to miss the deadline.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

That's my intention.
    It's probably not important, but I can't see how waiting could hurt our chances.
    Claiming early would give everyone time to guess my concept name, which might be harmful. If I were really paranoid, I would wait till few minutes before EoN , but that's not something I would want to try. Too much risk to miss the deadline.
    Yeah that makes sense to me. Good luck you two, at risk of sounding cliche and mellow dramatic:

Our hopes ride with you, smooth winds my friends.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

You can tell things were moving fast when I find myself thinking "the thread sure slowed down" 20 minutes after the last post.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    You can tell things were moving fast when I find myself thinking "the thread sure slowed down" 20 minutes after the last post.
    Yeah, absolutely. We seem to have hit a good spot now though, where we're posting less erratically and making solid plans for info gathering.

Now might be a good time for a vote tally during the lull, if anybody us feeling up to it.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Pixie in the Playground

okay so what I'm hearing is nothing yet disproves Cap/Taff

- - - Updated - - -

okay so where I'm at rn is basically to the tune of, from most to least likely to actually be scum

Cap/Taff - nothing makes these two not scum, Cap coulda badly distanced from cao and Taff coulda bussed

blade - can be scum that killed Xi for some reason (thought he was a vig?)

Supagoof - can be scum if we have another protective or no protective at all

Book Wombat - can be scum if Cap is and decided to drag BW down with him for no reason

AvatarVecna/gac3 - can be scum if they're pulling very elaborate long games with their roles

Xihirli - cannot be scum, is dead

- - - Updated - - -

won't be back before EoD

vote sticks on Taff

Cap wagon is 100% fine, especially if he doesn't come back and leave a legacy

glgl

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Fext View Post
    okay so what I'm hearing is nothing yet disproves Cap/Taff

- - - Updated - - -

okay so where I'm at rn is basically to the tune of, from most to least likely to actually be scum

Cap/Taff - nothing makes these two not scum, Cap coulda badly distanced from cao and Taff coulda bussed

blade - can be scum that killed Xi for some reason (thought he was a vig?)

Supagoof - can be scum if we have another protective or no protective at all

Book Wombat - can be scum if Cap is and decided to drag BW down with him for no reason

AvatarVecna/gac3 - can be scum if they're pulling very elaborate long games with their roles

Xihirli - cannot be scum, is dead

- - - Updated - - -

won't be back before EoD

vote sticks on Taff

Cap wagon is 100% fine, especially if he doesn't come back and leave a legacy

glgl
    bladescape is nearly certain town, the color coding on the kill indicates it was done by town.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!