New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    You were running after Life? For what, lemons?
    Pfft, as if life would ever just give you lemons.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Howdy! So, to address the major concerns so far:

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Let's go kill something! (Someone. Whatever.)
    For now, I choose CaoimhinTheCape, because his name is longer than mine and that feels wrong.
    I hadn't thought about it much but yeah, mine definitely does stick out. So much for solidarity among the long named

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    I'm sure, he won't mind if you call him Cao. Much shorter.
    Shorter versions of my name include Cao, theCape, Cape, and CTC so far.

Which reminds me...
    I am not willing to vote for AV today. Not willing to vote for someone new (to me) either.
    I would not like to vote for Xi today, unless I have to do so in order to save myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Before I put away my mobile...
    What do you all think is this supposed to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Third:

You feel an ominous presence looming over you. It might be a good idea to hide your identities.
    Is there a role who gains power by knowing the role names of other players? Perhaps some kind of death note? Write the (role)name down and the player will die. But this seems quite weak, unless it can be used more than once per phase or has some other advantage.
    Yeah, in the games here we don't vote new players (or players who have been away for a long time) on Day 1. I think there was one game a while back where someone new made a major slip up/looked super guilty and we voted them. But normally we don't.

As for identities - I'm not sure. Another part of the post that is probably relevant is this:

First, you are given two role names: one proper role name and one thing that's like "roleblocker" or "bulletproof vigilante" or something. The second one is meaningless mechanically, it's just a shorthand for roughly what you can expect out of your abilities.
    Saying the second part is not mechanically meaningful suggests that the first one is. But I'd lean toward there being multiple ways that the role names will play into the game. If it was all bad, then everyone could just not say their "proper role name" and it would be fine. I won't be saying mine though (which is a shame, I was looking forward to bringing more RP into these games).

Vote: Batcathat to keep building wagons.

Vote Count:

gac3 (1): Rogan
    BladeScape (1): Book Wombat
    CaoimhinTheCape (2): Metastachydium, AvatarVecna
    Rogan (2): Batcathat, Xihirli
    Xihirli (2): Taffimai, Elenna
    Batcathat (2): Moonfly7, CaoimhinTheCape

Not Voting: Snowblaze, SupaGoof, gac3, Fext, BladeScape

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, also, I won't be around much tomorrow but will be around on Sunday. It's not a big deal on Day 1 but tomorrow i won't have much time by the computer at all.
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-10-16 at 09:48 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Taffimai for accusing AV of being a wolf in the game AV was running.
    Last edited by gac3; 2021-10-17 at 04:22 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Taffimai for accusing AV of being a wolf in the game AV was running.
    Idk. Wolfy for running the game is a legitimate suspicion.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    It's extra fair because I said Afterlife had a bastard mechanic.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Howdy! So, to address the major concerns so far:

I hadn't thought about it much but yeah, mine definitely does stick out. So much for solidarity among the long named

Yeah, in the games here we don't vote new players (or players who have been away for a long time) on Day 1. I think there was one game a while back where someone new made a major slip up/looked super guilty and we voted them. But normally we don't.

As for identities - I'm not sure. Another part of the post that is probably relevant is this:

Saying the second part is not mechanically meaningful suggests that the first one is. But I'd lean toward there being multiple ways that the role names will play into the game. If it was all bad, then everyone could just not say their "proper role name" and it would be fine. I won't be saying mine though (which is a shame, I was looking forward to bringing more RP into these games).

Vote: Batcathat to keep building wagons.

Vote Count:

gac3 (1): Rogan
    BladeScape (1): Book Wombat
    CaoimhinTheCape (2): Metastachydium, AvatarVecna
    Rogan (2): Batcathat, Xihirli
    Xihirli (2): Taffimai, Elenna
    Batcathat (2): Moonfly7, CaoimhinTheCape

Not Voting: Snowblaze, SupaGoof, gac3, Fext, BladeScape

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, also, I won't be around much tomorrow but will be around on Sunday. It's not a big deal on Day 1 but tomorrow i won't have much time by the computer at all.
    How much roleplaying is generally done in these games? I figured since we created characters there would be some....

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, true. But it's early in the process and I have only seen one other comment that has stood out to me but I'm not sure if it's just me being biased about the comment. So it's what I have so far.

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    How much roleplaying is generally done in these games? I figured since we created characters there would be some....
    It's sporadic. As the Days go on, people tend to focus less on any flavor there is. This game it seems like our "identities" mean something, so I don't wanna give it away with roleplay.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

*pokes head in*

...yeah, a little annoyed at the whole “don’t reveal your identities” thing. I chose my character specifically because I wanted to RP as them.

CaoimhinTheCape - I’m curious about why you’re creating a fourth two-vote wagon instead of pushing someone up to three votes.

(Also I feel like breaking the tie. And it’s the closest thing to a wolfread I can find.)
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #40

ClericGuy

Good morning.
    About the RP, how about paying as the concept you did not get? Should be save to do. And might be entertaining. Or confusing. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    CaoimhinTheCape - I’m curious about why you’re creating a fourth two-vote wagon instead of pushing someone up to three votes.

(Also I feel like breaking the tie. And it’s the closest thing to a wolfread I can find.)
    Do you care to explain why not breaking the tie is a sight wolfread?
    Cao was tied as well. Wouldn't a wolf be more likely to vote for one of the other wagons? Both to push a misslynch and to save himself?

Of course I am biased here, since I am one of the two vote wagons myself and I don't want Xi to die early. And I won't expect Cao to vote for himself, that's AVs part.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I like that RP suggestion, but my other pick isn't really that well-defined a concept, I chose it purely for meme reasons. I might give it a go if inspiration arrives.

*shrug* I was thinking a wolf maybe wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves by voting for one of you/Xihirli - doing that without a good reason would look like exactly what you suggested. Also there's the possibility that Caoimhin is partnered with one of you/Xihirli and doesn't want to push a partner into the lead.

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #42

ClericGuy

I hope I will learn your alternative some day.

And thank you for the response. I guess we can agree that Caos vote is a reason to pay attention to him. I wouldn't have voted there, but it's still somewhat early day 1, so there is not much to go by.
    I hope Cao himself will give some explanation as well.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

13. - Top - End - #43
    Firbolg in the Playground

*shrug* I was thinking a wolf maybe wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves by voting for one of you/Xihirli - doing that without a good reason would look like exactly what you suggested. Also there's the possibility that Caoimhin is partnered with one of you/Xihirli and doesn't want to push a partner into the lead.
    If one of them is going to be the lead anyway, he might as well have gone for self-preservation (which, in my humble opinion, is not indicative of much) and vote Xihirli (always a safe bet, so not indicative of much either), potentially even gaining credibility in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Mine being the second longest is funny because of my unused alternate concept. I'll probably explain that if time allows for such idle pursuits(, but then, you might die today, so no promises.)
    (Also, yes, no solidarity for you! There Can Be Only One!)

Meanwhile, I'm sometimes called Meta for the sake of simplicity and I don't mind it because it sounds BADASS.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Meta seems a good nickname. I shall call you Meta. Which definitely won't be confusing at all.

Eh... it's a bit early in the day for self-preservation to be important, for either alignment. That wouldn't really factor into my thinking in wolf!Cao's position.

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

So, how many baddies do you think there are in the game? I don't remember to have ever participated to one with this many players and without multiple factions (Unavenger's posts seems to imply there is only Mafia). Also, from the way my power is worded there might be a Serial Killer and a Survivor among us.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    So, how many baddies do you think there are in the game? I don't remember to have ever participated to one with this many players and without multiple factions (Unavenger's posts seems to imply there is only Mafia). Also, from the way my power is worded there might be a Serial Killer and a Survivor among us.
    I'd guess four, or three and a Serial Killer.

Got any reads yet?

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #47

SwashbucklerGuy

Got any reads yet?
    Not really, aside from the argument of 3 vs 2 people wagons (which I'm not finding that compelling) there doesn't seem to be much to analyze. Maybe the first wagon, the one on Rogan, which spawned not even half an hour in the game, although if we look at the posts of Batcathat and Xihirli, they're only 2 minutes apart, so it might be just a coincidence (or people truly dislike Rogan).
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2021-10-16 at 07:10 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

ClericGuy

I guess there is a serial killer, my reason being the wording of towns victory condition. Three mafia players would be reasonable, but I wonder if we should be prepared for 4. After all, having more evil guys than expected was biting town in the but the last two games.

- - - Updated - - -

(or people truly dislike Rogan).
    I tend to think it's the response to the last game, no evil plan. I can't really blame them.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Snow, did you rand wolf?
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd guess four, or three and a Serial Killer.
    That does seem likely, based on the last Upick. Though I suppose that might just as well make it less likely, in case Unavenger want to keep us guessing.

If the whole "ominous presence" bit is something more than just flavor, it does seem probable that there's a serial killer or some other third party, presumably with powers and/or a wincon tied to people's identities.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Snow, did you rand wolf?
    No, why?

*more characters*

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Not really, aside from the argument of 3 vs 2 people wagons (which I'm not finding that compelling) there doesn't seem to be much to analyze. Maybe the first wagon, the one on Rogan, which spawned not even half an hour in the game, although if we look at the posts of Batcathat and Xihirli, they're only 2 minutes apart, so it might be just a coincidence (or people truly dislike Rogan).
    There is no mountain I will not leap from to kill a person!

But more seriously, I did not see BCH's post before. I was on mobile so I suppose my murder attempt was ninja'd.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Snow, did you rand wolf?
    Remember snow, if you're a cop, you have to answer honestly, it's the law.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #54
    Firbolg in the Playground

Meta seems a good nickname. I shall call you Meta. Which definitely won't be confusing at all.

Eh... it's a bit early in the day for self-preservation to be important, for either alignment. That wouldn't really factor into my thinking in wolf!Cao's position.
    I'm not very familiar with the other meta, but I'd think self-preservation is always a concern. In fact, I'd hate to die on the very first day.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    There is no mountain I will not leap from to kill a person!
    Hm. Mountain. Ominous presence, looming over us all. Hm.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    But more seriously, I did not see BCH's post before. I was on mobile so I suppose my murder attempt was ninja'd.
    Sorry if I got in the way of your hatred of all that's good and pure.

26. - Top - End - #56

ClericGuy

So, you are a dwarven cleric? Pleased to meet you! Could you cast zone of truth? It would make things so much easier
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

I do wonder if there is a "LIE DETECTOR" character, it was one of the ones explicitly said to be possible after all if I understood correctly.

However, this does not mean that any of these won't show up:
    • [...]
    • Roles which return the truth or falsehood of an arbitrary statement;
    • [...]
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-10-16 at 07:57 AM.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

So, you are a dwarven cleric? Pleased to meet you! Could you cast zone of truth? It would make things so much easier
    Yes, that's absolutely what I was implying. This poisoned dagger is clearly my holy symbol.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

I'm thinking that when it comes to numbers we should just assume that there are +1 werewolves than what we think. If we all agree there are 4, we need to vote like there are 5, if we think 5 vote like 6, etc.

An overabundance of caution in that regard won't hurt us nearly as much as it will help.

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Yes, that's absolutely what I was implying. This poisoned dagger is clearly my holy symbol.
    Death doesn't lie, so it works too!
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .