A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 630 of 1458
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    I'd like to hear about Fext first.



    Why?
    Would you believe me if I told you it was my gut? Probably not. Let's just say I have them pseudo cleared of being a wolf after testing something last night.

  2. - Top - End - #602
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Yes, my POE included bladescape.

    Speaking of POE... let's build a new one.

    Meta is town because they're never partners with Caoimhin.

    Book Wombat is a Survivor. (Or wolfbuddies with exactly Captain Cap, but that's very tinfoil and not something I want to explore in detail.)

    Fext... Fext is probably town for mechanical reasons, an anti-SK wolf would be unlikely to claim to be anti-SK because "hello, SK, I'm trying to kill you" is a pretty easy way to get yourself serial-killed.

    AV is the same, except with paranoia - especially since they seem to have some means of not dying? Am I interpreting that correctly?

    I've liked a lot of Rogan's recent posting, but it's based more on gut rather than something concrete I have to go on.

    So that's
    bladescape/Meta/Moonfly
    Elenna/Batcathat/Taffimai
    Fext/AV/Rogan

    Which leaves gac3, Captain Cap and Supagoof. That is still an uncomfortably small POE and I still think I could be misclearing someone. I need to look over my second tier in more detail, but not while phoneposting.



    Also I should probably vote. I'll join Rogan on Captain Cap for now, let's see if we can get some wagons moving.
    Oh, right. Must have mixed up something in my Notes. Sorry.
    Nitpick on your new POE: Is Meta really town, or only not mafia?

    Your Book / Cap theory is one I share. It's one of the reasons I am going after Cap at the moment. It will yield an additional bit of info.

    Fext can be town. But I think it would be a bit strange to have two townies with anti SK powers. Not impossible, but a bit strange. I also assume/guess they could have an SK kill immunity, but that's baseless speculation.

    AV claimed she survived a roleblock and a murder attempt, but should have died to two attacks. So either she can explicitly be killed by two kills per night, or she had the power to survive one night kill ever. Or her power let's her survive one specific type of kill. Or... many possibilities.

    I don't mind your downgrade for myself. I am still town and I am still convinced you are not a wolf (and saying I might suspect you if you survive the night was an attempt to protect you. Not sure if it worked or you live for some other reason, but that's not important right now)

    As far as I am concerned, I am perfectly fine with the wolves being in gac, Cap, Goof. Not completely confident, but there are very decent odds.

    Unless I miss something, your vote puts us at Fext: 2*
    Cap: 2

    A proper vote count will follow later.

    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Would you believe me if I told you it was my gut? Probably not. Let's just say I have them pseudo cleared of being a wolf after testing something last night.
    Didn't you say they were not a wolf before the end of night? So, you guessed and checked it later?
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions


    More Mafia

  3. - Top - End - #603
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Do you mind sharing what the other target flavour was AV?
    Rule Number One: Worship cookies!
    Avatar by linklele!

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Do you mind sharing what the other target flavour was AV?
    I was shot with a pistol.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  5. - Top - End - #605
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Yeah, Meta could be SK.

    Also I didn't downgrade you, you're in the same tier. It's just my bottom tier from before are now dead town and confirmed town.
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 6
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 4
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 7

    I have no clue what I’m doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Would you believe me if I told you it was my gut? Probably not.
    That is very correct.

    Let's just say I have them pseudo cleared of being a wolf after testing something last night.
    Works for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Nitpick on your new POE: Is Meta really town, or only not mafia?
    Meta is really town and also not mafia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Yeah, Meta could be SK.
    Believe me, if I were the serial killer THERE WOULD BE BLOOD BY NOW!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Fext... Fext is probably town for mechanical reasons, an anti-SK wolf would be unlikely to claim to be anti-SK because "hello, SK, I'm trying to kill you" is a pretty easy way to get yourself serial-killed.
    I'd argue that "hello, SK, I'm trying to kill you" is a good way to get serial killed if one is an anti-SK law-abiding citizen of town.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And before I'd forget: until we hear more of Fext, I'm going to join you guys on Captain Cap.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2021-10-21 at 05:22 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #607
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Believe me, if I were the serial killer THERE WOULD BE BLOOD BY NOW!


    I'd argue that "hello, SK, I'm trying to kill you" is a good way to get serial killed if one is an anti-SK law-abiding citizen of town.


    And before I'd forget: until we hear more of Fext, I'm going to join you guys on Captain Cap.
    Huh, so you know exactly who is / was immune to the serial killers night kill?

    Am I reading things wrong, or are you repeating the exactly same point about announcing the intention of killing the killer?

    Your vote is noted and creates the following situation:

    Vote Count
    Captain Cap (3): Rogan, Snowblaze, Metastachydium
    Fext (2): Gac3, Elenna


    I miss Cao for keeping track of the people who said something without voting...
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions


    More Mafia

  8. - Top - End - #608
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    List of Night 1 Actions (kind of?):
    • Xihirli roleblocked AvatarVecna with fire (??)
    • AvatarVecna took no action with a Priority lower than 2 (??)
    • bladescape killed Xihirli with a crossbow
    • UNKNOWN tried to kill AvatarVecna with a pistol (??)
    • AvatarVecna protected by means unknown from UNKNOWN (??)
    • AvatarVecna gained feedback by means unknown (??)
    • Rogan used a lie-detecting power on SOMETHING (??)
    • Survivor power was useless
    • Mafia kill failure (?)
    • Serial Killer failure (?)
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-10-20 at 07:58 AM.
    Rule Number One: Worship cookies!
    Avatar by linklele!

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Huh, so you know exactly who is / was immune to the serial killers night kill?
    I know eeeeverything!

    Am I reading things wrong, or are you repeating the exactly same point about announcing the intention of killing the killer?
    Is wanting the killer dead somehow wrong? (Anyhow, what do you mean by that?)
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2021-10-20 at 08:03 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #610
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Meta and I have different anti-SK claim points. I’m saying “a wolf wouldn’t do it because they’d be afraid of getting serial-killed”, Meta is saying town wouldn’t do it for the same reasons.

    Which... I kind of disagree with because if you’re town, you’re generally more accepting of “I’m going to die at some point” rather than actively trying to avoid the attention of a serial killer.
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 6
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 4
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 7

    I have no clue what I’m doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  11. - Top - End - #611
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    GMT
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    1. Why on earth would Town!AV have a power that works on neutral!antiserial killer?
    Something along the lines of "[charactername] is the serial killer, and you can kill them by typing "[playername], I accuse you of being [charactername], the serial killer" in a post. Wasn't there a similar role in Percy Jackson? I first thought it was the Champion of Hera, but they weren't town, so maybe I'm mixing things up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Fext wouldn't need a killing power because wolf kill. Then it's a serial killer and each faction has an opposing role that can be used to kill/hunt them.
    Actually the wolves do each need a killing power, you can deduce that from the wording on Caoimhin's. If not, they wouldn't be able to function anymore if they were the last wolf standing.
    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    If I were the serial killer with Fext as a serial killer hunter, I would target them. Presumably though Fext has some level of protection. Maybe immune to one serial killer shot, which is why they didn't seem concerned about claiming.
    I too would want Fext dead if I were the serial killer, however because of the bold reveal potentially indicating immunity combined with likely protection from any baners around (identifying the SK is more valuable to town than a flimsy killing power), I'd have targeted AV tonight. Which is apparently what happened, meaning it's entirely possible that the wolves took my suggestion and targeted the serial killer, in which case "well done now tell us who it is please".

    It is also the reason I won't be voting for Fext today, I'm not going to do the SK's job for them. Fext can be Last Wolf Left afaic.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Using my power to check a claim is possible and I won't mind everyone claiming town. But it would not be the best use of my action as far as I can tell. It could be pretty overpowered when used on the right kind of statement. But I must not tell you what kind of statement I would want you to make.
    Is it more helpful to say "I am neither a wolf nor the serial killer"? Statements about our powers?


    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Believe me, if I were the serial killer THERE WOULD BE BLOOD BY NOW!
    Given how AV's day power in Upick 1 worked and Book Wombat's statement earlier, making all-caps statements looks very sus to me. I can't ask you to explain yourself, because it's too easy to go "whoops, I'm sorry", but I want you to know you've gotten my full attention.


    Captain Cap's interaction with Caoimhin did not seem out of order to me, more someone wanting to interact with the potential lynch targets and getting drawn in by Caoimhin's attempts to interact and then getting annoyed by the repeated flaws in his reasoning. Only things abnormal about it were that I would have ended up voting for the one that most annoyed me (could just be a difference in personality) and his getting noticeably irritable by the accusations (idem). If it comes down to Captain Cap and Fext tomorrow, I'll be voting for Cap.

    For now, however, I'm going with Supagoof. Being a no-show Day 1 and posting just enough not to be auto-lynched is not behaviour that should be encouraged, as that, too, allows wolves to hide easily.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh, another one for Rogan: "I did not use any powers last night". Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Taffimai; 2021-10-20 at 01:25 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    The cleric was walking through a forest when he heard a loud explosion. Upon investigation, he quickly uncovered the ruins of a large tower he couldn't remember seeing there before. He decided to search the rubble for anything worth looting. At that point, I told the wizard to start rolling to see if he would stabilise.
    Hi Gac! Sorry for lynching you :(

  12. - Top - End - #612
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Would you believe me if I told you it was my gut? Probably not. Let's just say I have them pseudo cleared of being a wolf after testing something last night.
    Just clarifying, this is about AV?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Actually the wolves do each need a killing power, you can deduce that from the wording on Caoimhin's. If not, they wouldn't be able to function anymore if they were the last wolf standing.
    (Technically those should merely be flavours for the factional kill. Wolves are wolves, after all.)


    Given how AV's day power in Upick 1 worked and Book Wombat's statement earlier, making all-caps statements looks very sus to me. I can't ask you to explain yourself, because it's too easy to go "whoops, I'm sorry", but I want you to know you've gotten my full attention.
    Be my guest. Not gonna apologize for thinking I'm funny.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Just clarifying, this is about AV?
    Yes, this is about AV.

  14. - Top - End - #614
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Yes, my POE included bladescape.

    Speaking of POE... let's build a new one.

    bladescape is town because he shot Xihirli.

    Meta is town because they're never partners with Caoimhin.

    Moonfly is town because Reasons (I am implying something here so Moonfly if you have no idea what I'm talking about please say so.)

    Book Wombat is a Survivor. (Or wolfbuddies with exactly Captain Cap, but that's very tinfoil and not something I want to explore in detail.)

    Elenna and Batcathat are townreads but not locktown. I don't have reasons to townread either outside their Batcathat votes.

    Taffimai can still be a townread, I don't think the reason I'm townreading her is a bad one.

    Fext... Fext is probably town for mechanical reasons, an anti-SK wolf would be unlikely to claim to be anti-SK because "hello, SK, I'm trying to kill you" is a pretty easy way to get yourself serial-killed.

    AV is the same, except with paranoia - especially since they seem to have some means of not dying? Am I interpreting that correctly?

    I've liked a lot of Rogan's recent posting, but it's based more on gut rather than something concrete I have to go on.

    So that's
    bladescape/Meta/Moonfly
    Elenna/Batcathat/Taffimai
    Fext/AV/Rogan

    Which leaves gac3, Captain Cap and Supagoof. That is still an uncomfortably small POE and I still think I could be misclearing someone. I need to look over my second tier in more detail, but not while phoneposting.

    (Also, yeah, I do sometimes post on an iPad so that might be messing up the formatting.)

    - - - Updated - - -



    Right, I wasn't townreading you that game because paranoia.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also I should probably vote. I'll join Rogan on Captain Cap for now, let's see if we can get some wagons moving.
    Heh, I was wondering if you would read me right on that, I did try to drop you some hints.

    And yeah, if we're both thinking of the same thing, of which I was directly involved, then yes I'm your man. If you need me to provide confirmation proof via something only you would get, thats fine, just say the word.

    As for the vote wagons building, I can't say I wasn't already suspiscious of Cap. Mainly do to his reactions to my probing posts from before, but his explanation and arguments were solid enough for me to wait to pass judgement. I'll read through everything thats occured and then I'll make my tentative vote based on the evidence and anything new that comes to light.


    Oh and I think I might actually know Bladescapes roll, if the crossbow information is important.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-20 at 08:43 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    It feels like AvatarVecna time.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  16. - Top - End - #616
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    It feels like AvatarVecna time.
    Is voting yourself some kind of power activation? Veterans of wolf games, does this provide any benefit at all?

  17. - Top - End - #617
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Is voting yourself some kind of power activation? Veterans of wolf games, does this provide any benefit at all?
    It's proof AV is AV and not some kind of doppelgänger. She usually does this day 1, but it is fitting now as well.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions


    More Mafia

  18. - Top - End - #618
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    It feels like AvatarVecna time.
    It's always AvatarVecna time.
    Rule Number One: Worship cookies!
    Avatar by linklele!

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  19. - Top - End - #619
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    See, this is why I'm glad someone knows about these things. Because if it was just me I would've panicked and slammed my tin-foil-coated-head into the sand in fear.

  20. - Top - End - #620
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Meta and I have different anti-SK claim points. I’m saying “a wolf wouldn’t do it because they’d be afraid of getting serial-killed”, Meta is saying town wouldn’t do it for the same reasons.

    Which... I kind of disagree with because if you’re town, you’re generally more accepting of “I’m going to die at some point” rather than actively trying to avoid the attention of a serial killer.
    Ah I see... That's the fine-print difference.
    In which case I would say you are right in general, but it's not impossible to fake. A Hunter of the serial killer seems more likely to receive town's support than a random guy, after all. But I doubt this is going to help us going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Actually the wolves do each need a killing power, you can deduce that from the wording on Caoimhin's. If not, they wouldn't be able to function anymore if they were the last wolf standing.


    Is it more helpful to say "I am neither a wolf nor the serial killer"? Statements about our powers?

    For now, however, I'm going with Supagoof. Being a no-show Day 1 and posting just enough not to be auto-lynched is not behaviour that should be encouraged, as that, too, allows wolves to hide easily.


    Oh, another one for Rogan: "I did not use any powers last night". Hope it helps.
    I Agree it's very likely every wolf has a killing ability, but only one can be used per night.

    Not posting day 1 is not good for town, but not posting on the weekend is normal for Goof, as far as I know. So I agree with your general idea, but think Goof would merit an exception for the start.

    About the statements, I would rank them this way (most useful first)
    I am town.
    I am neither mafia nor serial killer.
    I didn't use a power last night

    I won't comment on the reasons for the ranking, but I think you should be able to figure it out by yourself.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    See, this is why I'm glad someone knows about these things. Because if it was just me I would've panicked and slammed my tin-foil-coated-head into the sand in fear.
    Oh, I get your feeling. But I give this 90% odds of being the normal, behavior without evil intentions.

    Also, I like to be helpful. Last game, I was called a paladin for my behavior. (Too bad I was in fact evil this time). So, if you see me helping with rules questions or info about older games, treat it is NAI.




    Vote Count
    Captain Cap (3): Rogan, Snowblaze, Metastachydium
    Fext (2): Gac3, Elenna
    Supagoof (1): Taffimai
    AvatarVecna (21): AvatarVecna, Book Wombat
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions


    More Mafia

  21. - Top - End - #621
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    After today, I kinda suspect my boss might be a wolf. (I mostly kid, I like both my boss and my job, I'm just tired and cranky). Hopefully I'll have time for more analysis later, out of the current wagons I'm leaning towards Captain Cap, mostly because Fext's claims seems odd coming from a wolf. Supagoof not being very active is in line with earlier behavior, but of course there's no reason he can't be honest about that and still a wolf.

    I still don't completely trust Rogan but I get a better feeling from him now so since everyone else seems to trust him (did I miss something or is it just from reading him?), I'm okay saving my paranoia about him for later (and trying not to think about that it was around D2 I started trusting Rogan last game...)

  22. - Top - End - #622
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    I am not Town. Super helpful right? Also not the Serial Killer or Mafia. Just me, a Survivor. A pacifist too.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-10-20 at 09:34 AM.
    Rule Number One: Worship cookies!
    Avatar by linklele!

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  23. - Top - End - #623
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    After today, I kinda suspect my boss might be a wolf. (I mostly kid, I like both my boss and my job, I'm just tired and cranky). Hopefully I'll have time for more analysis later, out of the current wagons I'm leaning towards Captain Cap, mostly because Fext's claims seems odd coming from a wolf. Supagoof not being very active is in line with earlier behavior, but of course there's no reason he can't be honest about that and still a wolf.

    I still don't completely trust Rogan but I get a better feeling from him now so since everyone else seems to trust him (did I miss something or is it just from reading him?), I'm okay saving my paranoia about him for later (and trying not to think about that it was around D2 I started trusting Rogan last game...)
    I don't trust him, but I haven't had time yet to do an ISO and figure out specific reasons for that (beyond the obvious fact that he voted Snow D1) so right now I'm focusing on others/waiting for Fext to answer my questions.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.
    This is very siggable.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    After today, I kinda suspect my boss might be a wolf.
    Shall we lynch 'em?

    I still don't completely trust Rogan but I get a better feeling from him now so since everyone else seems to trust him
    I don't trust Rogan at all, but even if he's a hostile, he's pulling his weight around here and provides us with an ample amount of opportunities to keep an eye on him.

  26. - Top - End - #626
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    This is very siggable.
    Be my guest.
    First time getting a sig quote!
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-10-20 at 09:41 AM.
    Rule Number One: Worship cookies!
    Avatar by linklele!

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  27. - Top - End - #627
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    After today, I kinda suspect my boss might be a wolf. (I mostly kid, I like both my boss and my job, I'm just tired and cranky). Hopefully I'll have time for more analysis later, out of the current wagons I'm leaning towards Captain Cap, mostly because Fext's claims seems odd coming from a wolf. Supagoof not being very active is in line with earlier behavior, but of course there's no reason he can't be honest about that and still a wolf.

    I still don't completely trust Rogan but I get a better feeling from him now so since everyone else seems to trust him (did I miss something or is it just from reading him?), I'm okay saving my paranoia about him for later (and trying not to think about that it was around D2 I started trusting Rogan last game...)
    No, no, the paranoia is good. Trust no one, especially the friendly ones.
    Here, take this
    *hands you carefully folded tinfoil hat*

  28. - Top - End - #628
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    After today, I kinda suspect my boss might be a wolf. (I mostly kid, I like both my boss and my job, I'm just tired and cranky). Hopefully I'll have time for more analysis later, out of the current wagons I'm leaning towards Captain Cap, mostly because Fext's claims seems odd coming from a wolf. Supagoof not being very active is in line with earlier behavior, but of course there's no reason he can't be honest about that and still a wolf.

    I still don't completely trust Rogan but I get a better feeling from him now so since everyone else seems to trust him (did I miss something or is it just from reading him?), I'm okay saving my paranoia about him for later (and trying not to think about that it was around D2 I started trusting Rogan last game...)
    Batcathats Boss can go into the pool of possible hostiles, but I won't vote there just yet.

    I want to repeat my warning that I don't have mech proof of Captain Caps guilt. However, I am willing to give him at least an 50/50 chance to flip wolf. But I won't mind alternatives.

    I can understand your feeling and I promise I won't get mad if you continue to feel that way. I am reasonable sure you are not mafia. I think you won't need to worry a lot, since there is a good chance I will die at night.
    That being said, you should not trust me 100% when I am talking about myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    I am not Town. Super helpful right? Also not the Serial Killer or Mafia. Just me, a Survivor. A pacifist too.
    I'm going to take a guess what my power would answer for each sentence: True. Invalid Action. True. True. True.


    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    I don't trust him, but I haven't had time yet to do an ISO and figure out specific reasons for that (beyond the obvious fact that he voted Snow D1) so right now I'm focusing on others/waiting for Fext to answer my questions.
    I don't think I can really help you to come to an conclusion, but if you feel like there are questions I should answer, feel free to ask them.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions


    More Mafia

  29. - Top - End - #629
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    No, no, the paranoia is good. Trust no one, especially the friendly ones.
    Here, take this
    *hands you carefully folded tinfoil hat*
    Oh, I'm very experienced in the fine art of paranoia, you should have seen me last game. I think the only reason I'm sane-ish this game is that at least some of my reads seems right so far (but not all, I was at least supicious of both Xi and blade).

  30. - Top - End - #630
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    I don't trust Rogan at all, but even if he's a hostile, he's pulling his weight around here and provides us with an ample amount of opportunities to keep an eye on him.
    Do you mind if I add this to my sig?
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions


    More Mafia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •