New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Fext View Post
    yeah

my point is still

so what?
    So it makes you look highly suspicious. You lied, and then have been giving lack luster reasons as to why, all the while being intentionally antognistic.

Funny how thats almost exactly what I would expect from someone who was very proud of themselves for fooling everyone and being prepared to win, before they were forced out by their own cleverness. I know if it was me I'd be royally pissed, and maybe I'd make some more mistakes, like I'm thinking you did with what can only be described as your erratic behavior ever since this got brought up.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Firbolg in the Playground

yeah

my point is still

so what?
    Why would we trust a liar? Also, please answer Rogan's questions.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Barbarian in the Playground

Honestly I don't think fext had such a bad strategy, lying about powers to try to reduce deaths? It might've even worked considering we only had one kill last night.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

4. - Top - End - #814
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Blades was asking for targets for his power. Xi was in the lead by far.
    Blades claimed to have shot Xi. Nobody counterclaimed.
    If Blades is not a Town with a vig power, someone is throwing the game.
    I wasn't aware that happened but it is what I'd been assuming anyways so yeah blade can be town unless Mafia took an incredibly sub-optimal kill after a correct D1 lynch

Fext, you were acting very weird, can you admit this?
    I see why you would have wanted to take a bullet or two while you were immune, so taunting the killer is fine.
    But why did you want to appear as a neutral?
    I disagree I was acting weird at all - at every point I have been pretty calculating in my exact wording regarding my claim.

As for wanting to appear as Neutral, that isn't something I'd have normally done, but I'm new and I'm not sure what the average power level is here. Making up a town claim that's strong enough to scare both the Mafia and the Serial Killer into targeting me seemed likely to backfire if people thought I was way too strong and therefore evil. Figured I'd focus on one, and considering we're missing a kill, it still seems pretty likely to me that it worked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Why would we trust a liar? Also, please answer Rogan's questions.
    LOL

somebody tell me this is as funny to you as it is to me

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Honestly I don't think fext had such a bad strategy, lying about powers to try to reduce deaths? It might've even worked considering we only had one kill last night.
    I'm not giving Fext any credit for that, I'm almost positive the kills were dismantled by blockers and life saving powers. If not a few personal immunities. Fext has, at least in my eyes, been a low level person of importance in this fiasco, just because of how weak they made themselves sound and the general "woe is me, oh and I hunt SK" things they said. Now I'm wondering if the "Oh my power is so weak" complaining wasn't just to lure us into a false since of security. Immunity, even for just 1 night, sounds pretty good to me.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    So it makes you look highly suspicious. You lied, and then have been giving lack luster reasons as to why, all the while being intentionally antognistic.

Funny how thats almost exactly what I would expect from someone who was very proud of themselves for fooling everyone and being prepared to win, before they were forced out by their own cleverness. I know if it was me I'd be royally pissed, and maybe I'd make some more mistakes, like I'm thinking you did with what can only be described as your erratic behavior ever since this got brought up.
    My reasons have been clearly explained, and beyond Meta, who I think is making some incredibly silly if not outright intentionally scummy calls, I have not been antagonistic at all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    It's also common practice that when a townie lies and then openly admits it, that they then tell the truth.
    Hello! Been answering questions for the past hour or two :)

7. - Top - End - #817

Figured I'd focus on one, and considering we're missing a kill, it still seems pretty likely to me that it worked.
    I'm with moonfly on that. We have at least one protection-type power on the board, maybe more.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

My reasons have been clearly explained, and beyond Meta, who I think is making some incredibly silly if not outright intentionally scummy calls, I have not been antagonistic at all
    I think metas arguments are perfectly valid and completely logical given the circumstances actually. Saying someone caught in a lie can't be trusted isn't funny, it's common sense. So I'm not accepting "being antogonistic to meta doesn't count" as an excuse to escape the accusations.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm with moonfly on that. We have at least one protection-type power on the board, maybe more.
    you think a Doc getting a correct save on Night 1 is more likely than a bulletproof who was trying to draw the kill drawing the kill?

oh yeah that reminds me @Rogan the other point to claiming Neutral was to stop any town protective roles from being on me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Saying someone caught in a lie can't be trusted isn't funny
    it is when they follow that up with asking me to answer questions

pick one lmao

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

- - - Updated - - -

Hello! Been answering questions for the past hour or two :)
    No you haven't been answering questions? We've asked you about several questions about your actual power and how it references the serial killer and you've blown us off. Since that was the big lie before it's the part that matters now.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Pixie in the Playground

Wait unavenger is here

- - - Updated - - -

okay I officially would not know if I had been attacked

- - - Updated - - -

No you haven't been answering questions? We've asked you about several questions about your actual power and how it references the serial killer and you've blown us off. Since that was the big lie before it's the part that matters now.
    I've answered every question that isn't trying to get me to claim role specifics in a game where claiming is literally known to be bad from the host

12. - Top - End - #822

you think a Doc getting a correct save on Night 1 is more likely than a bulletproof who was trying to draw the kill drawing the kill?

oh yeah that reminds me @Rogan the other point to claiming Neutral was to stop any town protective roles from being on me
    Once Day 1 was over, baners had 47 hours to figure out who might the priority targets for the dogs be.

pick one lmao
    We know that you are a liar because you babbled. More babbling, more insight.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Pixie in the Playground

anyways if you guys wanna let the scum throw everything away and chase after a silly policy of "lynch all liars" be my guest, frankly not really a huge fan of the site format here anyways compared to where my first game was

but also I reserve the right to laugh at you all if I saved somebody by drawing a kill and you repay me by sheeping the dark forces and lynching me :P

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait unavenger is here

- - - Updated - - -

okay I officially would not know if I had been attacked

- - - Updated - - -

I've answered every question that isn't trying to get me to claim role specifics in a game where claiming is literally known to be bad from the host
    Claiming your role name is bad. You can answer the question of "if you aren't an anti serial killer, what does your role say about the serial killer"

15. - Top - End - #825
    Pixie in the Playground

Once Day 1 was over, baners had 47 hours to figure out who might the priority targets for the dogs be.
    not sure what a "baner" is but frankly I don't have that much faith in a protective on night 1 because the mafia are also going to try and figure out who may be healed and kill outside of that

the amount of time is completely irrelevant

We know that you are a liar because you babbled. More babbling, more insight.
    we know that I'm a liar because as soon as book told me I wouldn't be told if I had been attacked I came clean of my own free will

lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Claiming your role name is bad. You can answer the question of "if you aren't an anti serial killer, what does your role say about the serial killer"
    my role says it exists

16. - Top - End - #826

anyways if you guys wanna let the scum throw everything away and chase after a silly policy of "lynch all liars" be my guest, frankly not really a huge fan of the site format here anyways compared to where my first game was
    Yeah, we should lynch people we have no reason to lynch instead of suspicious folks. Silly us!

but also I reserve the right to laugh at you all if I saved somebody by drawing a kill and you repay me by sheeping the dark forces and lynching me :P
    You have full laughing rights, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm really sorry if you're not having a good time with us.

And with that, I shall retire for the (out of game) night.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Pixie in the Playground

I don't think it's you guys

the mobile version just like

really sucks

so I get super behind and then get to a PC and have to catch up on a ton of stuff all at once

- - - Updated - - -

even now I still haven't caught up on today

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

not sure what a "baner" is but frankly I don't have that much faith in a protective on night 1 because the mafia are also going to try and figure out who may be healed and kill outside of that

the amount of time is completely irrelevant

we know that I'm a liar because as soon as book told me I wouldn't be told if I had been attacked I came clean of my own free will

lmao

- - - Updated - - -

my role says it exists
    You are telling me that your power is just *blah blah blah role information* There is a serial killer in this game. and your powers or win condition don't interact with it at all?

19. - Top - End - #829
    Pixie in the Playground

anyways gac your attempts to fish for my role are duly noted

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

anyways gac your attempts to fish for my role are duly noted
    I'm not asking your role!? What about that is unclear? I don't care what your role is?

21. - Top - End - #831
    Pixie in the Playground

You are telling me that your power is just *blah blah blah role information* There is a serial killer in this game. and your powers or win condition don't interact with it at all?
    my powers mention it in some capacity

my win condition is the standard "kill everyone who threatens the town, or nothing can prevent that from occurring and at least one of you remains alive" with nothing special, no

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

my powers mention it in some capacity

my win condition is the standard "kill everyone who threatens the town, or nothing can prevent that from occurring and at least one of you remains alive" with nothing special, no
    But they aren't the hunting powers you referenced before?

23. - Top - End - #833
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm not asking your role!? What about that is unclear? I don't care what your role is?
    You asking for my powers is asking for my role in my eyes

if you want to argue the semantics of "role" vs "abilities" that's on you, I don't find fishing for abilities to be any different personally

- - - Updated - - -

But they aren't the hunting powers you referenced before?
    scared?

yeah no I have no way to "hunt" the serial killer or whatever, said that earlier

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

You asking for my powers is asking for my role in my eyes

if you want to argue the semantics of "role" vs "abilities" that's on you, I don't find fishing for abilities to be any different personally
    Your argument against it is that we have been warned not to share details. However it's the name that is bad. Plenty of people have shared details

25. - Top - End - #835
    Pixie in the Playground

at this point I'm tempted to just wait for blade/AV/snow to smack some sense into y'all because you clearly can't all be scum

but I'd bet money at least one of you are

especially if I'm wrong and Cap is scum

worth keeping in mind

- - - Updated - - -

Your argument against it is that we have been warned not to share details. However it's the name that is bad. Plenty of people have shared details
    I will refrain from joining those plenty of people

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

at this point I'm tempted to just wait for blade/AV/snow to smack some sense into y'all because you clearly can't all be scum

but I'd bet money at least one of you are

especially if I'm wrong and Cap is scum

worth keeping in mind

- - - Updated - - -

I will refrain from joining those plenty of people
    See and you've focused on stuff like this instead of trying to make yourself look less suspicious or posing an alternative lynch target.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Listen Fext, up until you flat up admitted to lying about your role nobody has had a solid idea of who to vote for. I was on Caps wagon, but there wasn't as much evidence as I would have liked. Just about everybody was going on hunches, and then you came out and said "oh by the way, that thing that we have debated about for pages, the main problem we were having with the SK being that their are at least 2 anti-SK abilities? Yeah I made it up."

So no, we aren't just killing people who are liars, but the fact that you came out about that when we don't have any better leads, and that you literally derailed multiple strands of investigation across a whole night and day with said lies, is the issue. You can't tell me that that doesn't look susupicious at all? Its' possible all of this was you trying exactly what you said you were trying, but it seems like your denying that you were suspicious at all, and seeming to imply anybody saying it is is being irrational. You have to agree that that absolutely seems suspicious doesn't it?

28. - Top - End - #838
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

pick one lmao
    Sure. Snow was pretty high profile town, for example.
    You claim to be bulletproof, but we have no way to know. And the fact you were lying before makes it much harder to trust you.
    Also, you had a rather low profile, all things considered. AV seemed much more threatening. And when she claims to have taken a bullet, it's much easier to believe her.

If you answer questions, we have a better chance to find even more lies. Or things someone could confirm.
    Your intentions might have been good. But your actions backfired. When I screwed up that badly, I offered town to lynch me, since they could not trust me. I only survived because there was a Seer result on a wolf.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

29. - Top - End - #839
    Pixie in the Playground

See and you've focused on stuff like this instead of trying to make yourself look less suspicious or posing an alternative lynch target.
    we have like

over a day p sure

I'm in no rush here

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

we have like

over a day p sure

I'm in no rush here
    Awfully bold and brave to assume you can wait so long to try to sway town votes. Given most people aren't logged in at the same time or even necessarily at the end of day.