New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

I kinda like fext, if only for the Spheal. A Spheal of Approval.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fext View Post
    anyways until/unless gac speaks up it seems like everybody else is on the page of "Fext is likely SK but not likely to be Mafia" in which case the blindingly obvious course of action is just to have AV attempt to dayvig me

I don't think it should have to come to that but if y'all still living in this reality in 12 hours or so just have AV potshot me

if I'm serial killer I'll die and it'll confirm them, so that's a win/win from your point of view
    I am in favor of pulling the lever on you, Fext. I have been saying so multiple times. And if you survive, I will advise everyone else to go for another target.

I will also advice you to be more helpful and stop assuming everyone who is voting for you is your enemy.

Vote Count
    Captain Cap (4): Rogan, Batcathat, Supagoof, Elenna
    Fext (4*): Gac3, Metastachydium, Taffimai, Moonfly
    Supagoof (1): Snowblaze
    Gac3 (1): Captain Cap

Please double check this
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

3. - Top - End - #873
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also, it feels like I'm starting most 30-comment pages. Okay, just a feeling, not the reality.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-10-20 at 06:20 PM.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

4. - Top - End - #874
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    right after I explain why absentee players should get culled on principle
    pretty sure I made it clear I read none of the day lmao

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    AV claimed to have two killing powers, one of which only works on serial killers, as well as a bane and something that allowed them to survive a NK. This feels like a whole lotta powers even with the kill limits, although it might be reasonable if they're all one-shot powers. This is also probably unrelated to the Fext thing.
    Relevant quote:

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Doesn't seem too bad honestly unless there's a hard limit on the number of uses. Also kind of funny in how it's similar to your DISINTEGRATE power last UPick.
    Correct on both counts.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #876
    Pixie in the Playground

I mean, the story I'm actually going with is that I'm staring at my QT, seeing that I received the fluff for a kill-power that failed to affect me. Sooooooo yeah it's kinda believable to me that if I tried to kill somebody and failed, they'd see "somebody tried to LEVER you but it failed" or whatever. And if I have reason to believe that somebody else saw "somebody tried to LEVER you but failed", it'd be stupid of me to publicly claim that somebody tried to LEVER me too. Today when I stood up and said "somebody tried to shoot me but it failed" and somebody else had stood up and said "that's weird because somebody else tried to shoot me", I'm screwed. I don't make that claim if I have even a small suspicion that somebody else got to see the fluff text for my failed kill.

And all of that is leaving aside the other person in this scenario who could call me out as a liar. It's just a very silly idea.
    wait did you see "somebody tried to shoot you with a pistol and failed"?

- - - Updated - - -

I am in favor of pulling the lever on you, Fext. I have been saying so multiple times. And if you survive, I will advise everyone else to go for another target.

I will also advice you to be more helpful and stop assuming everyone who is voting for you is your enemy.
    now that I don't think everybody saying I'm posting fluff is accusing me of spamming irrelevant posts when they were just referring to the information I had provided, that'll be much easier to do lol

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

wait did you see "somebody tried to shoot you with a pistol and failed"?
    Yes. That's why the following things are true:

1) Earlier today, I claimed that "shot with a pistol" was the fluff for the kill power that targeted me.

2) I'm not dead.

So yeah, I have reason to believe that somebody tried to shoot me with a pistol and failed.

AvatarVecna, SOMEONE TRIED TO SHOOT YOU WITH A PISTOL

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #878

ClericGuy

2) I'm not dead.
    Are you sure about that?
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

9. - Top - End - #879
    Pixie in the Playground

actually wait

does nobody remember when I made bookwombat claim Survivor because I thought they were the Serial Killer and they were like "yeah no I'm just the Survivor"

if I'm Serial Killer then

A - why am I looking for other Serial Killers

B - if you think I wasn't looking for other Serial Killers but thought Wombat was survivor why do I endanger the life of my literal only ally in the game by accusing him of being the Serial Killer

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. That's why the following things are true:

1) Earlier today, I claimed that "shot with a pistol" was the fluff for the kill power that targeted me.

2) I'm not dead.

So yeah, I have reason to believe that somebody tried to shoot me with a pistol and failed.
    yeah okay that's potentially different

any idea why it failed?

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't been here all day and haven't seen that case

I would appreciate if you'd repeat yourself for me :)
    I'm heading to work and you can read old posts as well as new posts. So have at it. If you have a more specific question, I'll weigh in.

11. - Top - End - #881

ClericGuy

actually wait

does nobody remember when I made bookwombat claim Survivor because I thought they were the Serial Killer and they were like "yeah no I'm just the Survivor"

B - if you think I wasn't looking for other Serial Killers but thought Wombat was survivor why do I endanger the life of my literal only ally in the game by accusing him of being the Serial Killer

- - - Updated - - -

any idea why it failed?
    The same reason a wolf would accuse a townie of being a wolf.
    Get a claim or even better, a misslynch.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

And it would be helpful if you did instead of demanding people remake their points when you come back. If you are town, you aren't very helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure about that?
    I'm 75% sure of it. Could be wrong.

13. - Top - End - #883

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    If you are town, you aren't very helpful.
    True! (Not my power speaking, but I don't need it for this statement)
    Show

14. - Top - End - #884
    Titan in the Playground

actually wait

"Wait doesn't anybody remember when I made that neutral that only wants to live publicly claim as such, thus giving scumteam leverage over a neutral?"

I don't think that's quite as strong an argument for your innocence as you think it is.

It's literally just the Three Card Monte scam. If you're the actual SK, and you see somebody else hint at knowing an SK is in the game, you have two options:

1) Don't ever mention it and just hope that town doesn't realize SK is in the game until it's too late.

2) Get towncred for being the first person to openly state there is definitely an SK in the game, and that you're hunting them down.

Going with option 2 kinda obligates you to act as if you're hunting for the SK. Get people so busy looking for the SK card under the three cups that they don't realize it's actually in your hand.

any idea why it failed?
    Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's start with the small ones...and I won't be doing full ISOs, just talking about posts where I have something to say about it.

Spoiler: Supagoof ISO
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    ... like the Highlander, there can be only one.
    Here, Supagoof seems pretty sure there'd only be one SK on general principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    So we have two SKs in town then is what I'm hearing, seems OP but I've got no issues with that.
    And here, seems convinced there's two, based on...two people's roles explicitly mention SK? Except it's actually three people's roles, so I'm pretty sure it's just the narrator trying to balance things against SK after what happened last game.

Not sure how to feel about Supagoof rn. On the one hand, I wish there were more posts from them. On the other hand, we've got multiple people who have three-digit post counts and it's only D2. My wish for more activity in games was granted by a monkey's paw.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-10-20 at 06:29 PM.

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #885
    Pixie in the Playground

fair enough on all counts

still, if you actually thought I was the Serial Killer you'd have already just shot at me

16. - Top - End - #886
    Titan in the Playground

fair enough on all counts

still, if you actually thought I was the Serial Killer you'd have already just shot at me
    1) I'm just pointing out flaws in your defense, I'm not actually sure either way. My top two right now are you and Meta, but...

2) As a few people have guessed, and as I've hinted at earlier/confirmed recently, I'm a JoaT. I've only got one shot, so if I miss I can't be like "lol oh well guess I'll try again tomorrow". And not just because I'm dying tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Hence why I'm asking everybody for their opinions on the subject.

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #887
    Pixie in the Playground

also yeah of course I'm not being super helpful when I have to use most of my time defending myself despite it looking decently likely I did in fact block a kill

I've made my reads in general decently clear and other than that have been fielding questions most of the time

if I were ignoring your questions to only catch up and comment on other things you'd be miffed about that instead

so I've chosen to focus on being honest

- - - Updated - - -

1) I'm just pointing out flaws in your defense, I'm not actually sure either way. My top two right now are you and Meta, but...

2) As a few people have guessed, and as I've hinted at earlier/confirmed recently, I'm a JoaT. I've only got one shot, so if I miss I can't be like "lol oh well guess I'll try again tomorrow". And not just because I'm dying tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Hence why I'm asking everybody for their opinions on the subject.
    I already mentioned earlier why I thought meta seemed kinda sk-y

why do you think he's sk-y

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

I personally vote for lynching Fext instead of AV shooting them. My gut is telling me Mafia over serial killer. Which is not the point but it seems like many people are targetting them now and I don't know what happens if AV misses with their shot but it's implied to be bad. Then if Fext is the serial killer, they are dead and we saved some time or if they are a wolf they are gone and we can still look for the serial killer. But we have only lost one townie so far. We could afford to use a lynch, even if Fext is town (which if so, AV's power wouldn't hit anyways).

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

also yeah of course I'm not being super helpful when I have to use most of my time defending myself despite it looking decently likely I did in fact block a kill

I've made my reads in general decently clear and other than that have been fielding questions most of the time

if I were ignoring your questions to only catch up and comment on other things you'd be miffed about that instead

Exactly. People are going to find reasons to scumread basically anybody regardless of what they actually do, so it's in a townie's best interest to hunt for wolves instead of saving their own hide. All this time and energy spent defending yourself could be spent going

"you know what since im gonna die anyway im going to analyze absolutely everything I can, so that when i get lynched and flip town, y'all can trust that what I said was coming from a townie that wanted to win"

As town, being on the chopping block is inevitable and freeing.

I thought you made a good argument, and had been getting a similar vibe. I'm holding off judgement until I do the Meta ISO where I see if, in fact, it turns out that their most consistent behavior is "immediately targeting anybody who claims SK knowledge".

- - - Updated - - -

I personally vote for lynching Fext instead of AV shooting them. My gut is telling me Mafia over serial killer. Which is not the point but it seems like many people are targetting them now and I don't know what happens if AV misses with their shot but it's implied to be bad. Then if Fext is the serial killer, they are dead and we saved some time or if they are a wolf they are gone and we can still look for the serial killer. But we have only lost one townie so far. We could afford to use a lynch, even if Fext is town (which if so, AV's power wouldn't hit anyways).
    Missing just means my kill power that can only kill the SK is wasted on somebody who isn't SK. If they aren't SK, it just fails. It's bad, but not bad. I'd just rather collect people's opinions and do ISOs before I shoot, since I've mostly been skimming the game up til this point.

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #890
    Pixie in the Playground

well my point is less so focused on specifically them being reactionary towards SK knowledge, although that is a factor; it's moreso that the fact that it doesn't seem to affect their approach at all that leads me to believe they aren't putting their full effort into evaluating the claims being made based on the state of the game

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

Exactly. People are going to find reasons to scumread basically anybody regardless of what they actually do, so it's in a townie's best interest to hunt for wolves instead of saving their own hide. All this time and energy spent defending yourself could be spent going

"you know what since im gonna die anyway im going to analyze absolutely everything I can, so that when i get lynched and flip town, y'all can trust that what I said was coming from a townie that wanted to win"

As town, being on the chopping block is inevitable and freeing.

I thought you made a good argument, and had been getting a similar vibe. I'm holding off judgement until I do the Meta ISO where I see if, in fact, it turns out that their most consistent behavior is "immediately targeting anybody who claims SK knowledge".

- - - Updated - - -

Missing just means my kill power that can only kill the SK is wasted on somebody who isn't SK. If they aren't SK, it just fails. It's bad, but not bad. I'd just rather collect people's opinions and do ISOs before I shoot, since I've mostly been skimming the game up til this point.
    Ah. Yeah I saw that in some posts that ninjas my last one. I was basing something bad happening off some comments from you earlier... And probably combining those thoughts with my no longer relevant Kronk theory. Doesn't change my point though I guess. Not much at least.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Pixie in the Playground

outside of that AV it's just more fun to realtime than to backread and so that's the one I've chosen to run with

I did provide a pretty full rundown of my reads, and I stand by it being likely that at least one Mafia would find pushing me over lying to be a very easy and attractive option, which is about all I can do without dedicating an hour or more to just reading old posts

considering I have some big deadlines tomorrow evening I can't really find the energy to do that atm

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

outside of that AV it's just more fun to realtime than to backread and so that's the one I've chosen to run with

I did provide a pretty full rundown of my reads, and I stand by it being likely that at least one Mafia would find pushing me over lying to be a very easy and attractive option, which is about all I can do without dedicating an hour or more to just reading old posts

considering I have some big deadlines tomorrow evening I can't really find the energy to do that atm
    How genuine could most of your reads be if they aren't even based on the full available information?

24. - Top - End - #894
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that gac insisting they think I'm Mafia when popular sentiment is that I'm not is probably townier than not (unless gac is exactly the sk I guess lmao)

it would be incredibly easy for mafia to hop on the "prolly sk, good lynch" train, especially when several others did it first, and instead gac has been pretty adamant that no, that is not how he feels, and while it's not hardclearing or anything it's certainly an uphill climb that mafia!gac knows will end in him being wrong (again) if I'm actually lynched

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

I mean you could see you were RB'd and read the flip at the same time, so you'd have known you were RB'd but simply acted publicly as if you were shot twice when in fact you were shot zero times

also why would 3 ever be a thing

but I don't think it's preposterous at all to consider the possibility

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the playerbase is sensible

and some level of scrutiny is certainly fair

but there's clearly a language barrier here (for example all of the "fluff" comments apparently mean nearly the opposite of what I thought they meant) and that has been leading me to believe a fair amount of the people I was talking with were, intentionally or otherwise, not thinking reasonably from a towny point of view - now that that's cleared up, I expect that will happen a lot less

feel free to call me out if it doesn't
    I feel like thats another convenient claim to hide behind for you, but I also have made at least one mistake like that already in this game so I can't say I dont commiserate
    We have a saying in law, that Ignorance is not Innocence. It means you have a duty to be aware of things, if you didn't carry that out and are at a legal disadvantage for it, that is your fault.

That being said, at this point the 2 main wagons, Captain Cap and Fext are both people I've found suspicious, I'm keeping my vote on Fext for the forseeable future because I personally feel like it's more substantial than Cap's, for now at least. Unless something crazy happens between now and tomorrow(which it likely could considering theirs a half a day and a whole night in between) I could see myself voting for whichever survives this lynch tomorrow. That being said If anybody unearths some smacking good evidence on a third party, then I'm certainly there.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Pixie in the Playground

How genuine could most of your reads be if they aren't even based on the full available information?
    Entirely genuine

Having all available information is certainly not related to how genuine anyone's reads are

Even putting that aside, I've recently discovered that there are apparently super large mafia games with tens of players that last for a very short amount of time in which reading everything would be impossible - and yet players still manage to handle those just fine

I don't think you need to have seen everything to make well-reasoned reads

- - - Updated - - -

moon can you stop saying "suspicious" and put some meat on your case

put some skin in the game my guy, if you're town that'll be much easier to find

27. - Top - End - #897

ClericGuy

- - - Updated - - -

Your defense did not work. Repeating the same points over and over again won't help you.
    You are not willing to say more about your powers. That's not damming, but you should give us a good reason. Saying that the narrator warned you is not a good reason. We want to know the powers, not your role Name.

I have some lie detection ability. Everyone knows by now. But what is my role name? Nobody knows (or they kept quiet about it).

Being honest is good. But you should also be helpful. Give us something to work with. Something new about you. Some insight about someone else.

Give me a quick 3×3 please. (Top 3 town, top 3 scum).
    Show

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

It amuses me that Fext is one of the lead wagons and still seems to think that I'm the only one thinking he isn't town.

But are there other suspects? I mean I know Cap. But even if we definitely lynch them, it's worth discussing why everyone else seems town/wolf also.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Pixie in the Playground

(unless gac is exactly the sk I guess lmao)
    also on the tinfoil train

he seemed to care a fair amount about whether or not I could actually hunt the SK earlier

however he's also arguing AV not use the power he has that can specifically end the SK on me, who SK!gac would know is not the SK, so I think he still gets a pass :P

- - - Updated - - -

It amuses me that Fext is one of the lead wagons and still seems to think that I'm the only one thinking he isn't town.

But are there other suspects? I mean I know Cap. But even if we definitely lynch them, it's worth discussing why everyone else seems town/wolf also.
    you're the only one who has said repeatedly that they think I'm mafia

- - - Updated - - -

so yeah I actually like this gac townread

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

also on the tinfoil train

he seemed to care a fair amount about whether or not I could actually hunt the SK earlier

however he's also arguing AV not use the power he has that can specifically end the SK on me, who SK!gac would know is not the SK, so I think he still gets a pass :P

- - - Updated - - -

you're the only one who has said repeatedly that they think I'm mafia

- - - Updated - - -

so yeah I actually like this gac townread
    And yet I'm not the only one voting you. Not Mafia is not the same thing as town.