New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Fext View Post
    Am I just stupid or is my QuickTime topic locked?

I was gonna ask a few questions like Unavenger said but I seem to be unable to do so

Well.... my QT seems inactive right now as well. Maybe some server problem?

If your questions are not secret, feel free to ask them here. I'll gladly answer some general questions but of course I can't promise to know everything. If your questions are about your role or power, better keep them secret for now.
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-10-16 at 01:32 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    You need to be logged in to post in QuickTopic.
    I'm not sure that's accurate, at least I could post and I'm completely new to that site (meaning I don't recall ever making an account and I'm not logged in atm).
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

3. - Top - End - #93

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    I'm not sure that's accurate, at least I could post and I'm completely new to that site (meaning I don't recall ever making an account and I'm not logged in atm).
    While it's possible to post without an account, there are times when it is an advantage to have one. When you have a QT with another player, some people Cough AV cough will check the number of views. If you are logged in, you count once. If you are visiting as guest, you can count multiple times. Which looks like the link was shared by many people (the mafia team).

It's probably not important this time, but it might come up another time.

For now, an important info would be: can you post in the QT right now?
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I agree that Cao's vote doesn't make complete sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Vote: Batcathat to keep building wagons.
    IMO, if you want to build wagons, it's better to have two or three larger wagons rather than several smaller two-vote wagons. Harder for wolves to hide that way if one of the wagons is a wolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    It's only page 2 and none of the people at two votes did anything I thought was too wolfy. Didn't want to vote someone completely new (since that doesn't help much) but I didn't have any particular reason to push one of the others up to three.
    But it sounds like you didn't think BCH was particularly wolfy either, right? Actually, was there a reason you picked BCH over any of the other players with 1 vote on them?

Yeah, CaoimhinTheCape, a small suspicion is better than my previous joke vote.

---

I do wonder if there is a "LIE DETECTOR" character, it was one of the ones explicitly said to be possible after all if I understood correctly.
    I could see that, but I can't imagine anyone having the power to tell when lies are made in the public thread, that sounds way too OP. I think the role you're referring to is something more like "once per night, make a statement in your QT and I'll tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Well, actually... you know when I mentioned my second pick was mostly a meme? Yeah. It was Child of Ariadne. So I could have been one.

Would they have had the power to mysteriously talk their way out of getting lynched even when they should clearly be lynched?

I guess there is a serial killer, my reason being the wording of towns victory condition.
    I don't know if I agree with Rogan's conclusion here - based on the victory condition, it does seem like there's likely to be anti-town neutrals, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's a serial killer. But this does kinda imply that Rogan has seen the town victory condition (or he's bluffing, or Unavenger posted the victory condition somewhere and I missed it).

So, town points to Rogan, I guess? I feel like clearing people based on "do they know the victory condition" is a bit sketchy rules-wise, though.

For what is worth, you also get some town points for encouraging discussion. I probably would check you tonight if I were a Seer, just to be sure.

I'd rather lynch someone else and use non-lethal ways to check them. Seers, Lie detectors, other night powers or plain day observation.
    I mean, best case, I am right and we three are town.
    IMO Seers are much better used to check suspicious people, rather than to confirm the towniness of people, since it's more useful to know that someone is a wolf for sure than to know that someone is town for sure.
    Plus, if a seer checks someone suspicious and finds out that they're town, then they know that a wolfy-looking person is actually town. That's more informative than knowing that a towny-looking person is town, since it lets you know that you need to rethink your suspicions, instead of just confirming what you already thought was right.

If it weren't for the above post about the victory condition, I'd be voting Rogan here.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    As Rogan said above and below, it's a bit too early to say anything definitive. At any rate, I'm comfortable staying on The Cape for now. If he turns out to be one of the dogs, I'll probably recommend going after Rogan.
    At this point, do you think Cao is more likely to be a wolf than the average player? Or is this still your initial joke vote?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Well.... my QT seems inactive right now as well. Maybe some server problem?
    I think you might be right. I checked mine and can't find the button to post something.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

While it's possible to post without an account, there are times when it is an advantage to have one. When you have a QT with another player, some people Cough AV cough will check the number of views. If you are logged in, you count once. If you are visiting as guest, you can count multiple times. Which looks like the link was shared by many people (the mafia team).

It's probably not important this time, but it might come up another time.

For now, an important info would be: can you post in the QT right now?
    Yeah, this is why I don't pay attention to the view count. Sometimes it just does really weird things, even taking into account people who aren't logged in.

Also, I was able to post in my QT just now, without being logged in.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, nevermind. After making my test post, the "make a post" button in my QT disappeared. Weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it may or may not matter in this game, but sometimes it can be advantageous to be able to post in the QT without revealing your name, so that can be a reason to not log in.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

7. - Top - End - #97

WolfInSheepsClothing

QTs aren't working for me either right now. If this remains a problem tonight, we'll have to work something out; let's see if the problem resolves itself soon, though.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    At this point, do you think Cao is more likely to be a wolf than the average player? Or is this still your initial joke vote?
    Marginally, which at this stage justifies keeping the pressure on him for now so far as I'm concerned.

9. - Top - End - #99

WolfInSheepsClothing

QTs aren't working for me either right now. If this remains a problem tonight, we'll have to work something out; let's see if the problem resolves itself soon, though.
    Addendum: I have a decent amount of message space right now so if you want to send me questions by PM while QT isn't working, you can.

10. - Top - End - #100

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    I don't know if I agree with Rogan's conclusion here - based on the victory condition, it does seem like there's likely to be anti-town neutrals, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's a serial killer. But this does kinda imply that Rogan has seen the town victory condition (or he's bluffing, or Unavenger posted the victory condition somewhere and I missed it).

So, town points to Rogan, I guess? I feel like clearing people based on "do they know the victory condition" is a bit sketchy rules-wise, though.

IMO Seers are much better used to check suspicious people, rather than to confirm the towniness of people, since it's more useful to know that someone is a wolf for sure than to know that someone is town for sure.
    Plus, if a seer checks someone suspicious and finds out that they're town, then they know that a wolfy-looking person is actually town. That's more informative than knowing that a towny-looking person is town, since it lets you know that you need to rethink your suspicions, instead of just confirming what you already thought was right.
    Town points for Elenna. She seems to know the exact wording of the victory condition as well. I agree it does not need to be a serial killer. It feels more likely to me, since a neutral with a specific victory condition like "kill the child of Ariadne" could result in a strange endgame. But this is not a hill I am willing to die on. I don't have enough info to be sure.

To be fair, Cao is suspected by multiple persons, including you. So checking him would be checking someone who might be a wolf.
    I am not sure he is town either, I only have sight lean and I am biased about this. It's still enough for me to prefer a non lethal check, but I agree there are no really good targets right now, so going for Cao is a logical move. His flip could shine some light on other players, like Snow or Xi (and for everyone not me, it will shine some light on me).
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

11. - Top - End - #101

In regards to QTs, whoops! I logged out and didn't see the "Post" button so I assumed people who weren't logged in couldn't post. Didn't think to check if I could after logging back in.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Town points for Elenna. She seems to know the exact wording of the victory condition as well. I agree it does not need to be a serial killer. It feels more likely to me, since a neutral with a specific victory condition like "kill the child of Ariadne" could result in a strange endgame. But this is not a hill I am willing to die on. I don't have enough info to be sure.
    Seems iffy to give any town points based on knowing the wincon, presumably the wolves' is phrased the same way so guessing it wouldn't exactly be a big risk.

Why do you figure a specific neutral wincon would be less likely here than in any other game?

13. - Top - End - #103

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Seems iffy to give any town points based on knowing the wincon, presumably the wolves' is phrased the same way so guessing it wouldn't exactly be a big risk.

Why do you figure a specific neutral wincon would be less likely here than in any other game?
    Hm... possible. I am not going to lock Elenna as town for this knowledge. But I think it's a point in her favor. I wonder if we will learn the win con when a wolf dies.

In PJ there were Neutrals with specific win conditions, but they had to finish their con before the end of the game. So I am under the impression that this would be the norm. Keeping a game going when the sole question is if a certain Neutral will win or lose seems unlikely to me.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

for the record I am able to hard-confirm that there is 100% a serial killer unless my role is lying to me

- - - Updated - - -

Did you pay mafia before? On this site or somewhere else? I don't know you, but I am new-ish to the mafia community here, so that might explain things.
    One time, but technically that game is still ongoing so I don't think I should say too much about it

15. - Top - End - #105

ClericGuy

for the record I am able to hard-confirm that there is 100% a serial killer unless my role is lying to me
    That's very interesting. Now, the easy way to be 100% sure would be to be the Killer yourself, but I strongly doubt you would be bold enough to confirm your own existence.
    Are you a survivor? A neutral which can win with either side, including the killer?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

I have tools to hunt them

17. - Top - End - #107

ClericGuy

I hope, you also have tools to protect yourself against him. Otherwise you painted a big target on yourself.

Good hunting for you!
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

I figure that letting people know they exist is more helpful for me than trying to like hide in the shadows as well

- - - Updated - - -

after all if we lynch them today then that's the easiest game of my life

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

So are you claiming to be a townie with some serial killer specific powers or a neutral that's specifically hunting the serial killer? I'm guessing the latter based on your last comment?

20. - Top - End - #110

ClericGuy

I figure that letting people know they exist is more helpful for me than trying to like hide in the shadows as well

- - - Updated - - -

Winning day 1 is possible for neutrals. It happened in Percy Jackson. But it's rare.

Do you have a hint about the identity of the serial killer? Seems unlikely, as it would make it extra hard for the killer, who has a hard job from the beginning, but hey... I'm not aware of a price for asking questions.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Firbolg in the Playground

- - - Updated - - -

Your noble sacrifice is much appreciated, Fext!
    In case you survive, kill'em DEAD! I believe in you (even though I had no idea you exist until very recently, and that belief is therefore entirely unsubstantiated)!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

yeah I have no hints

I just know they exist since they're mentioned specifically as "the Serial Killer"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

I'm willing to confirm there's a serial killer unless my kill power is lying to me.

No this is not a confession, paranoid person reading this.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #114

So a confirmed Serial Killer, I'll laugh if it's AV again. Hopefully there aren't more than three Mafia. At least three kills per cycle is not going to be fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Ninja'd by the person in question, pfft.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, at least four kills per cycle unless AV's power is conditional.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-10-16 at 04:59 PM.
    Every day...

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

ClericGuy

Hmm, I wonder if every kill power talks about the serial killer. I also wonder if the killer has night kill immunity, but it doesn't sounds like it; there is at least one power that will be effective.

Just to spell things out explicitly:
    I am a non-killing town role.
    I have no special knowledge about the serial killer, I was only guessing based on what little info I had from the victory condition and my previous experience playing mafia.

I can't rule out AV as a serial killer, but my gut feeling is, history would not repeat itself like that. I'm still unwilling to vote her today anyway.
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-10-16 at 05:22 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

RedKnightGirl

So a confirmed Serial Killer, I'll laugh if it's AV again. Hopefully there aren't more than three Mafia. At least three kills per cycle is not going to be fun.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You forget the potential existence of baners and immunities. Remember the serial killer in Upick 1 was immune to all kills except the lynch, and I doubt even a very new player would openly state their ability to hunt the serial killer down without some way of surviving the night. We just have to convince the mafia to keep targeting the serial killer while we lynch them one by one and all will be fine
    Last edited by Taffimai; 2021-10-16 at 05:25 PM. Reason: I keep writing maFFia and it bugs me
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

27. - Top - End - #117

True, Roleblockers can help prevent kills too.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-10-16 at 05:27 PM.
    Every day...

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't count on 4 kills per cycle.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #119

ClericGuy

True, Roleblockers can help prevent kills too.
    They can even spell doom for the wolf blocked. Right, Xi?

I will go to bed some time soon. If someone need something from me, may he speak now or forever hold his peace wait till tomorrow.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

I’ve managed to reduce my work hours coming up so that should be helpful
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!